lucashc90

Don't change the Fatman mounting/attachment/physical model

NERF OR NOT?  

23 members have voted

  1. 1. Can this change be considered a NERF to the weapon?

    • YES
      13
    • NO
      5
    • DON'T KNOW
      0
    • DON'T CARE
      5


Recommended Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really disappointed that from all the changes they could make to better the cannons that was their choice for the Fatman and I thing they should reconsider.

What do you think?

Edited by lucashc90
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

screenshot-191019-185749.thumb.jpg.0717c

The Fatman was never cosidered such a menace to need such a hard nerf in its already limited versatility. Its already considered inferior to the Little Boy by most of the player base and its aplication as a "shielding weapon" is what makes it attractive to some of us... which means the new update will essentialy nerf it.

785055883_Semttulo.png.6b6882635905ff07b

If clipping is the problem it can be arranged, but by limiting its surrounding space it will put another nail in its coffin.

Just look at the Ghost Cabin: being clunky and chunky is what makes people avoid using it IMHO.

 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello? Was this thread really aproved or am I the only one (besides the mods) that can see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it was approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dark__Blade__PS4 said:

Death to all Scavengers and Stephen Wolves. It's time for the Lunatic and Fire Starters to reign supreme once again!

...and by removing 2 entire factions from the game you will achiev that how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dark__Blade__PS4 said:

Death to all Scavengers and Stephen Wolves. It's time for the Lunatic and Fire Starters to reign supreme once again!

Lol with all the buffs to stealth modules and flame weaponry if you cant dominate right now it will never be your time lol. I personally want miniguns to come back hopefully Reapers and Equalizers get some redemption soon they're easier to break then a glass cup on concrete and autocannons just do their job better in every way right now.

Personally I'm neutral on cannons, The Fatman though... it's too good for an epic, especially one thats easily obtainable. It think if they had to nerf ONE cannon Fat Man would be it. It's too easy to place two frames, two treads, a cabin, and some ammo packs and wreck the 4k lobbies with your shield/weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One single build was nerfed. Literally ONE BUILD stopped working.

 

And now y'all saying Fatman is dead? Really?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spedemix said:

One single build was nerfed. Literally ONE BUILD stopped working.

It isn't just one. Have you tried to build with it yet? If you did you would see how limited building around it has become: it literaly needs a 2 square space all around it to even start rotating, essentially killing any build that doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill military tank.

The problem isn't even "just one build", it is an unecessary limitation to something that was completely fine.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SleepySRH said:

Personally I'm neutral on cannons, The Fatman though... it's too good for an epic, especially one thats easily obtainable. It think if they had to nerf ONE cannon Fat Man would be it. It's too easy to place two frames, two treads, a cabin, and some ammo packs and wreck the 4k lobbies with your shield/weapon. 

Fatman is literally the worst cannon in the game for its rarity... If they had to nerf one cannon it would CERTAINLY not be the poor Fatman, totally outclassed by its rare and epic p2w counterparts, fixed or turreted.

I'm fine with that change as long as Fatman gets a buff. It was bad before, it's worse now, buff it.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Clebardman said:

I'm fine with that change as long as Fatman gets a buff.

I agree with this. The way i look at all this is: you can't cheese with the weapon anymore so there's no reason not to buff it.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

I agree with this. The way i look at all this is: you can't cheese with the weapon anymore so there's no reason not to buff it.

That really is one statement that I can get behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Fatman is inferior to Elephant in every aspect. There is no reason to use Fatman instead of Elephant.
But i really like realistic physical model. What should be done is buffing performance of Fatman, not changing its new physical model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Now Fatman is inferior to Elephant in every aspect. There is no reason to use Fatman instead of Elephant.

Fatman became the poor man's elephant, period. Its turning speed is slower, the arched trajectory of its shell is shorter, its reloading speed is longer and now the building space around it almost as big.

The only reason to not use an Elephant is if you can't pay its price, which tells you much about the way the game is heading towards....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

The only reason to not use an Elephant is if you can't pay its price, which tells you much about the way the game is heading towards....

Or you consider it not worth that price like myself. It's just not good enough compared to the fatman that I see a need to spend double the coin to get a barely better version of the fatman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

Or you consider it not worth that price like myself. It's just not good enough compared to the fatman that I see a need to spend double the coin to get a barely better version of the fatman.

ten times the coins* fixing it for you np we perfectly understand you SIGMA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Clebardman said:

ten times the coins* fixing it for you np we perfectly understand you SIGMA

So it's worth the cost even less so. Haven't checked it's price recently enough apparently.

9 hours ago, Crunk_Prime said:

Sigmas posts on this forum can basically be ignored at all times.

Do tell me how it's so superior in all ways that it's actually worth the price charged for it?

They're both turret cannons so they're both brawling weapons. Shell RNG for either is not much of a problem for this reason if used properly and the slightly improved spread on the elephant is not going to help you up close if you're still missing that shot.

The fatman gets a reload boost vs the damage resistance boost from the elephant. No much of an improvement there.

Slightly more durability is not much of an improvement either.

Turning speed for the elephant is unknown so that is an unknown difference.

What else is there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SIGMA920 PFFFFT. Like seriously do you even realize what you're saying?

"There's no difference if you shoot at poink-blank" Yeah, and there's a difference at any other range, are you just pretending or does it REALLY flies over your head?

"We don't have the exact numbers of Elephant's turning speed and projectile speed so lets igore them because it totally helps my point" Lol yeah no, that's not how the real world works. The real world, Sigma. the place where we're all playing the real Crossout. Everyone can see and test for themselves, Elephant turns much faster, shoots fster projectiles and has less ballistic drop.

Like ffs wether you're trolling or not, my faith in mankind drops everytime you post your nonsense.

Edited by Clebardman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clebardman said:

Everyone can see and test for themselves, Elephant turns much faster, shoots fster projectiles and has less ballistic drop.

He has a point there Sigma...

2 hours ago, Clebardman said:

my faith in mankind drops everytime you post your nonsense.

two points actualy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clebardman said:

"There's no difference if you shoot at poink-blank" Yeah, and there's a difference at any other range, are you just pretending or does it REALLY flies over your head?

And any shot from a turret cannon at a range farther than close range is string going to be a potshot at best for either cannon.

3 hours ago, Clebardman said:

"We don't have the exact numbers of Elephant's turning speed and projectile speed so lets igore them because it totally helps my point" Lol yeah no, that's not how the real world works. The real world, Sigma. the place where we're all playing the real Crossout. Everyone can see and test for themselves, Elephant turns much faster, shoots fster projectiles and has less ballistic drop.

Yeah, the elephant does turn faster, by how much is unknown and I'd love to get that information. From testing it looks like it's maybe 5 off, possible even less. That's not enough to be of major concern.

The difference in projectile speed is barely noticeable, maybe the difference is 10 or something similarly small and will result in half of a second' worth of added travel time being cut off at longer ranges.

The bullet drop is not significantly lessened to be much note either. It's almost entirely unnoticeable at up to 150 meters, and only becomes noticeable at all when it reaches 200 meters away or further which is outside of either cannons effective range.

Unknown values are simply unknown values, it's much harder to judge them because they're unknown and when there is no known way to figure it out.

3 hours ago, Clebardman said:

Like ffs wether you're trolling or not, my faith in mankind drops everytime you post your nonsense.

It's not nonsense unless you consider dissenting opinions nonsense.

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

He has a point there Sigma...

I never denied that they weren't different. There are just several values that we don't know the exact values for and it'd be great if it would be available.

A difference in bullet drop of 10 from lets say 250 of fatman when changes of 50+ are common is not enough to be that better or worth the increased cost of the elephant.

A difference in projectile speed of 15 is not worth the added cost to get an elephant over a fatman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elephant was always a P2W upgrade from Fatman. The hitbox change does nothing to that fact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Elephant was always a P2W upgrade from Fatman. The hitbox change does nothing to that fact.

It has better stats on paper but in-game those stats don't make much of a difference.

Just test it yourself in the garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

It has better stats on paper but in-game those stats don't make much of a difference.

Just test it yourself in the garage.

"it has better stats but in the actual game it's not better (lol), you can try it in the garage (double lol)"

Seriously, do you even realize how stupid and contradictory the statements you make are, all the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clebardman said:

"it has better stats but in the actual game it's not better (lol), you can try it in the garage (double lol)"

Seriously, do you even realize how stupid and contradictory the statements you make are, all the time?

If I turned something you wrote into a complete misrepresentation of what you said then it'd sound equally stupid as what you turn what I write into. I'll do to one of your posts what you do to mine.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:38 AM, Clebardman said:

"Elephant turns betters,  shoots betters projectiles, and lesses ballistic drop."

That too reads out like an idiot's statement even through it was taken out of context and later from the original.

-That aside, I'm going to get back to my point.

I said they don't make much of a difference, not that it's not better (Think 50 vs 40 or 35 vs 40, there is practically no difference but there is the higher/lower value is better.). Go and test out a build with both cannons from the exhibition (That's what you said to do to see how it's better.), the elephant edges out but that's just edging out, not being miles and miles ahead as if one was to compare a a modern super car to a WW1 tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.