I love Crossout, all the additions over the couple of years I've been playing, building my own cars to challenge other people's builds, but since the introduction of those grenade drones the fun level on PVP has severely dropped. Between 5000 and 10,000 powerscore, at least half the team is just goliath tracks and 3 grenade drones, leaving virtually no chance at all to escape if they're near you. They're too fast, too accurate, and do too much damage for anything other than a shield to stop, and a shield doesn't last as long as the drones do.

There are now games which don't get full of people, and the builds which were once creative and colourful are basically all the same design. I'm always trying and come up with new builds, new ways of combining weapons, but with the endless grenadiers and goliath tracks, it's become a toss of the coin as to whether you win or not.

I'm currently working on getting some of the Knight's guns, but since they're shotguns, and with all the grenades around, suddenly it doesn't feel like there's much point.

Is anyone else feeling this?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

I feel you. The goliath tracks need to be buffed and recieve higher PS. 

Its got to a point where your spending more time killing ai than players. Some change to grenadiers would be appreciated. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Only change that needs to happen is make them craftable. Along with all the uncraftable pack items.(goliaths)What do u play with above 8k? Cuz from where I sit, I never see them for 1, for 2, if I did, they wouldn’t survive very long. If you have the equipment to play out of low ps, than do it, and poof, no more drones. If u can’t, well.. :DD.. be happy u weren’t around when u could win cw with sidekicks.

• Upvote 1

Not exactly saying this is a solution but how Ive been dealing with grenade drones is with Hermes boosters.

I just take off. Find someone else to fight. 

But when it's a couple Goliath guys at the end I just explode myself. 

If your looking for exciting new builds try working 2-4 Hermes booster into them some how.

Extream speed is way more useful than armor.

I've found that 1 Hermes booster can push about 2k maybe 2.5k weight effectively

I run 4 on a 8k weight and I can easily explode from going too fast.

Edited by Merkyaleez
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kevhigs said:

Only change that needs to happen is make them craftable. Along with all the uncraftable pack items.(goliaths)What do u play with above 8k? Cuz from where I sit, I never see them for 1, for 2, if I did, they wouldn’t survive very long. If you have the equipment to play out of low ps, than do it, and poof, no more drones. If u can’t, well.. :DD.. be happy u weren’t around when u could win cw with sidekicks.

My main vehicle is around 9800ps, has two goblins, defender, and a retcher, but it's useless against those grenade drones. I've got smaller crafts at around 5000ps with machine guns but the landscape is still covered in drones. Maybe it's the time I'm playing, which is usually around 7pm UK time, but it's still sucking the fun out of it.

I think making the box they come in larger again would help, or even increasing the powerscore. I certainly don't want more of them!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Kevhigs said:

Those Hermes with a tusk cabin will make short work of those Goliaths..

How many times to you need to hit a Goliath with a Hermes propelled Tusk to destroy it?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aMaZe3212_CO said:

How many times to you need to hit a Goliath with a Hermes propelled Tusk to destroy it?

Once if done right. You'll go right through and into the weak cabin behind it. I used to run tusk, and goliath builds were easy prey. 

Edited by submaxcw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's OK running away, but that's not going to win anything. I don't have a spark, so would that be worth building? They don't seem to have much range, whereas the grenades do. Has anyone tried it?

Ugh, this shouldn't even be something I have to try to fix.

20 minutes ago, MunkiT said:

Ugh, this shouldn't even be something I have to try to fix.

It's going to take a lot to build a true grenadier counter unless you already have those things. More importantly, you may do all that and still find it unenjoyable to have to put so much effort into countering when most things would now counter you. 

In my opinion, the best advice is to start forming groups and play together. Covering each other to swarm a grenadier will be your better counter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Grenade drones (and pretty much any drone) are the bane of cannon and melee builds because of their limited DPS/reach, which means that its utterly imperative that once you spot a drone build, you never ever EVER engage it while alone and try your best to not stay far from the group.

I've both used and countered Grenadiers and I've both seem teams dominating and BE dominated for using too many drones. It basically boils down to teamplay and strategy. Not saying it is your case, but most players that have severe trouble with drones are rushers and campers because they are easy pray (they also complain heavily about dogs and wedges, even if I agree the wedge is an exploit).

What I feel it could be done to Grenadiers is lower their awareness level when players enter cloak and maybe tune down their health a little bit, because even using triple Auroras with Photon and dragging Jade along I feels it still takes too much time to kill them (and I even rammed one on two separate occasions with a Tusk build and both times they barely survived and kept firing grenades while being hurled into the air).

Goliaths are still troublesome when used as sealclub armor BUT they are very ineffective in higher PS matches so taking them out of the middle range matches will essentially kill it. I feel like they have received some stealth nerfs because my Bastion sandwich's track resistence felt a little off about 2~3 updates ago, but they really a cheesy build and can be dealt pretty easily when you catch on with their crap. Most people try to stay away from Goliaths but I found out the easier way is to run TO them (unless they are using drones or Caucasus) because you can stay on its blind spots and even flip/spin them fairly easy (also, depending on the height of the weapons on your build, you can aim down easier on their usually exposed cabins).

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2019 at 2:27 AM, Kevhigs said:

If you have the equipment to play out of low ps, than do it, and poof, no more drones

...but every bot is a mandrake. Not the same issue, but not fun either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:27 AM, Kevhigs said:

If you have the equipment to play out of low ps, than do it, and poof, no more drones.

They get played up to like 11k or so.. its dumb

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

I've tried both ends, from 2000ps to 10k, and there are still far too many. I mean, fair enough if you want to use drones, but they shouldn't make all the other weapons irrelevant. Three grenade drones vs five machine guns and you still lose because you can only aim at one of the stupid things at once.

Does anyone use auto-aim, by the way? I turned that off the second I realised it was in the game. Does that help with the drones?

On 11/18/2019 at 10:27 PM, Kevhigs said:

If you have the equipment to play out of low ps, than do it, and poof, no more drones.

I still think that between 5k and 7k is where the game shines. Yes there are many bots, yes there are cheesy builds, but at least there is some variety in builds and playstyle. Above 10k anything that isn't a shotgun wedge, spider tsunami/typhoon or hover with whatever are usually the first to fall... at least that's my generally experience with it...

At 5k you can litterally be Goku riding a wheeld surfboard shooting rockets from your fists and still score MvP.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/19/2019 at 4:08 AM, MunkiT said:

I think making the box they come in larger again would help.

I never understood why the devs reduced the epic drone boxes to the same size as the rare ones... This change goes against the general rule for all the other weapons in this game, more firepower means bigger model. The only other exception I know of is the defender to the protector... And that's another issue I have all together.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Small_An_Simple said:

I never understood why the devs reduced the epic drone boxes to the same size as the rare ones... 

How well would Grenadiers sell if they where harder to mount and easier to strip? Besides, it was a much needed buff to Barrier and Fuze imo.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

How well would Grenadiers sell if they where harder to mount and easier to strip? Besides, it was a much needed buff to Barrier and Fuze imo.

They could have reduce them to three units high instead and this still would have been a buff while maintaining the general rule.

Does anyone else know of any weapons, modules, cabs, or tires that stay the same size from rare to epic? Or between any other tiers?

Because i can't think of any besides the before mentioned. (Defender to protector)

To be fair, I never used any of the drones so I don't know how hard/easy they were to work into a build, but the devs shouldn't make parts (weapons/cabs/modules) that forgo the sacrifice of space when moving up a tier.

• Upvote 2

On 11/20/2019 at 6:50 PM, Xbox_M_420 said:

And that’s y I never see them, 11k would b my smallest build, til I feel like being a pest at around 10k with turrets.. an x clanmate runs grenadiers.. there was this one dude in cw.. I c them more in raids than on the field.

Edited by Kevhigs

On 11/20/2019 at 6:41 PM, fftunes4real said:

...but every bot is a mandrake. Not the same issue, but not fun either.

Lol, true, but easier to get rid of so the real battle can begin ;)

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:18 PM, Small_An_Simple said:

To be fair, I never used any of the drones so I don't know how hard/easy they were to work into a build, but the devs shouldn't make parts (weapons/cabs/modules) that forgo the sacrifice of space when moving up a tier.

HELLO! latest?cb=20190326134834&path-prefix=ru

latest?cb=20181213220051&path-prefix=ruIT'S ME!

I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet.

9562A8E2-9127-4988-9224-A5551EEC7CB7.png

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

HELLO! latest?cb=20190326134834&path-prefix=ru

latest?cb=20181213220051&path-prefix=ruIT'S ME!

I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet.

9562A8E2-9127-4988-9224-A5551EEC7CB7.png

All these models are larger then their lesser forms...  What's your point?

*these models are all different in both size and shape giving them different parameters and restrictions than their lesser forms.

Edited by Small_An_Simple
Clarification *