fftunes4real

These bots are the worst

Recommended Posts

I see no problem.

If the team did not manage to lure, shoot and kill them in the beginning ... well then ... you gotta wait for the lottery.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just had a match where a bot lost the match for us by leaving the cap zone...all the enemy had to do was sit still and wait for the ai to do its stupid thing

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, _cottton_ said:

I see no problem

Ok. 

I mean... bots being completely unaware of their weapons' or build's limitation is really only a tiny part of the problem. Let me just tell you, in the past i modded stuff in HL and unreal engine and i know how f'ing simple it would be to make bots act more human-like...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forc3dinduction said:

just had a match where a bot lost the match for us by leaving the cap zone.

I love when bots are about to cap a base but then cloak up for no reason lol...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

Ok. 

I mean... bots being completely unaware of their weapons' or build's limitation is really only a tiny part of the problem. Let me just tell you, in the past i modded stuff in HL and unreal engine and i know how f'ing simple it would be to make bots act more human-like...

 

Where is your game?

:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _cottton_ said:

Where is your game?

:p

Google "fftunes ut2004" you'll still find some stuff even though it's 15 years old. Not a game, just small mods, additions, mutators. I did more than that but not released to public.

Anyway that's not the point. The point is, unreal games were long known for having the best bots, yet they used a super simple system to achieve that.

And what do we have here? The same **** for the last 3 years. Bot behaviour has not been improved, not once, since i started playing this game. They lock on the first enemy they see and pursue it until they're dead.

Bots would be much more bearable if they behaved more like normal players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only 2 issues I have with the bots is 

1. They are either in terminator mode and will hunt you to the ends of the earth to kill you, or they hump rocks. With no in between 

2. They have 100% accuracy, the devs must have some data on how accurate each player in the game is or at least a way to gather said data. All they need to do is take the average and the bots have that % chance to land the target. For all I care they dont even have to do that just pick a number between say 20% accuracy and 80% accuracy and apply it to all of the bots.

In my opinion fixing the bots perfect aim would fix most if not all of the bots (mandrake and tsunami included).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LycanHammer said:

In my opinion fixing the bots perfect aim would fix most if not all of the bots (mandrake and tsunami included).

Good point. 

Yet i'd also prefer if bots didn't dictate how every xxxx match plays the same: rush mid pound pound pound.

I caught myself rushing mid only to realize "oh wow there's no bots in this 1 match, this is gonna be a whole new experience".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

Good point. 

Yet i'd also prefer if bots didn't dictate how every xxxx match plays the same: rush mid pound pound pound.

I caught myself rushing mid only to realize "oh wow there's no bots in this 1 match, this is gonna be a whole new experience".

Trve

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

lol what's there to be confused about. Seems some ppl are even dumber than xo bots.

Except devs and me, no one is dumper 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battlefield 2 had better reacting bots with human like behavior, noise response, could sneak on tanks to place explosive charges, call reinforcements, change strategies during engagement based on their loadout, had enviromental and map awareness and would follow basic orders given by players... that game was launched in 2005...

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

:015_2: :015:

OOF! Big oof from the big bad bot! :015_2:

If only its thinking was as sharp as its aim...

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.