Todesklinge

Cloaking Module cost 2 Energy!

Recommended Posts

Cloaking gives for just 1 Energy, to much benefits in the game, also its time to rebalance this, easy.

Set the energy cost for cloaking device to 2 energy and give the "Ghost" Cabin another perk that reduces the energy cost for cloaking by -1 Energy.

 

Also only the "Ghost" Cabin can use the Chameleon for 1 Energy, all other cabins need to spend 2 energy points!

Decrease the max speed of the Ghost cabin to MAX 70 km/h (with engine too!).

 

Cloaking is a nice feature, but actually cloaking is all the time and every time and this breakes the game balance very hard!

Fix this problem, Devs!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

Cloaking gives for just 1 Energy, to much benefits in the game, also its time to rebalance this, easy.

Set the energy cost for cloaking device to 2 energy and give the "Ghost" Cabin another perk that reduces the energy cost for cloaking by -1 Energy.

 

Also only the "Ghost" Cabin can use the Chameleon for 1 Energy, all other cabins need to spend 2 energy points!

Decrease the max speed of the Ghost cabin to MAX 70 km/h (with engine too!).

 

Cloaking is a nice feature, but actually cloaking is all the time and every time and this breakes the game balance very hard!

Fix this problem, Devs!

I'm not sure if your idea will create too much of a disadvantage for melee and flame builds... Unless it's tested it can't be proved but personally I think cloak is ok the way it is....

It would make hurricane builds even more op, that's for sure...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another duplicated double post ffs......

Edited by HammeredByNature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Oculus/Doppler like the rest. Cloak is fine as is.

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lsabeIIa said:

and explode when destroyed right? :005j: :005j::005j:

Just at a simple nuclear explosion :)

 

Back to topic.

 

Cloaking is realy a giant bonus for every vehicle that use this and a nightmare for every enemy.

Actualy there is to much cloaking in the game, this needs some limitations, and the Ghost cabin is actually useless too. Also just combine this both features.

 

Cloaking gives you "First strike Alpha" and this is a to much bonus in the fight. If you like to deal first damage in cloak, you need to spend more energy for it, or use the Ghost cabin with big bonuses on cloak and damage for just a bit lesser max speed!

What a nice deal!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Just Oculus/Doppler like the rest. Cloak is fine as is.

Jup, cloak was 2 energy a long time ago and nobody used it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Just Oculus/Doppler like the rest. Cloak is fine as is.

2e to counter 1e.

To clarify, i support cloak being 2e, i didn't even read the rest.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Learn to build Todesklinge... 
If you get in trouble as soon as cloaking enemies drive faster than: [...]

44 minutes ago, HammeredByNature said:

MAX 70 km/h

mabe it's time you went out looking for some faster internet/ a non potato pc. 

todesklinge.jpg

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HammeredByNature said:

It would make hurricane builds even more op, that's for sure...

Tbh, most recently i haven't seen any hurricanes at all anymore. Guess they might come back if devs introduce the vertical booster thing though...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Jup, cloak was 2 energy a long time ago and nobody used it.

But don't forget back then cloak also was visible at full range. I think that made a bigger difference than energy requirements alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making cloak cost two energy would make it harder for vehicles with high energy consumption toward weapons and weapon-support modules (miniguns, shotguns, etc.) to use it, while cannoneers and other vehicles with no heat management would have no trouble accomodating. The former are the ones that need it most, yet would be punished the hardest.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

But don't forget back then cloak also was visible at full range. I think that made a bigger difference than energy requirements alone.

Yeah true didnt even think about that. I still think its ok, its a support modul like a detector or occolus and you really dont need both to counter cloaks. Im using just a blue detector fused for range behind cover and with enough map awareness that prevents maybe 90-95% of surprise attacks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Jup, cloak was 2 energy a long time ago and nobody used it.

I used it, I was so edgy

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all tracks and legs should use 1 energy each, hows that for a great idea?

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd agree if there were 2 Cloaking modules, and one had an advantage (For the extra cost) over the other to be worth it.  More of an advantage than just Duration.

If i were writing it, Chameleon would disable Radar.  (How does Radar work, through Cloak, without giving you away to Radar Detectors?  Radar detectors are a thing, guys.)  I don't know, call the Legendary one The Void, and say that the Dawn's Children found it on an abandoned planet.  They don;t even know how it works, but it does, with Active Radar.  

That would be worth 2 Charge.  Balance isn't "That's OP, nerf it!!"  It's making the Risk worth the Reward.  If you want to risk being (Partially) blind, then you can be invisible.  (You already can't Attck, deal damage, take damage, or run into anything too hard, and you leave Tire tracks.)  If you don't then it'll cost you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Radar detectors are a thing, guys

Anyone who cares enough to be here on the forum are probably the ones aware of this.. We're probably the ones that notice, spam 'watch out /sorry' and watch as our team get flanked, murdered and trashed because they don't use the radar.. 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, cloak is what keeps light builds viable and keeps hurricane/pyre spam away. Radar detector and Oculus are great modules that can help you spot cloaked enemies. Maybe you should change your attitude. Maybe think of ways to solve your problems instead of complaining on the fourms.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DominusPericulum said:

Making cloak cost two energy would make it harder for vehicles with high energy consumption toward weapons and weapon-support modules (miniguns, shotguns, etc.) to use it, while cannoneers and other vehicles with no heat management would have no trouble accomodating. The former are the ones that need it most, yet would be punished the hardest.

Worse it would make guided missiles become part of the meta because so few people would use the cloak. Either an new delocking module would need to be added or it'd be a sh!tshow at best.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And remove cloak from heavy cabins, tracks and cannons, those items are too much op and don't need extra help from cloak!!

Or if cloak has cannon build, when cannon shoots with a cloak module on the vehicle make cloak module explode, dealing same damage as the reserve of ammo the cannon has (if it has 1 shot left cloak will do that ammount of self damage, if cannon has 10 shots left cloak will do 10x the ammount of self damage) like this we balance the meta cannons that are the most used weapon in game! 

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CamoWraith said:

No, cloak is what keeps light builds viable and keeps hurricane/pyre spam away.

Idk about that argument, in cw there's practically no build without cloak yet there's no hurricanes to be seen at all...

Cloak has no disadvantages. 1e is a joke.

I miss tsne from mgo2, where the cloak team only had tranquilizer handgun, knife and smoke grenades... doubt anyone here played it back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

Anyone who cares enough to be here on the forum are probably the ones aware of this.. We're probably the ones that notice, spam 'watch out /sorry' and watch as our team get flanked, murdered and trashed because they don't use the radar.. 

Sorry, that "Guys" was for the Devs.  Radar Detectors should totally detect Active Radars, even through Chameleon.  I have serious problems with using Radar as craftable Armor pieces anyways, but for the purposes of this discussion.  If Cloaking deactivated your radar, or Radar Detectors worked on Radars while cloaked, it would balance Chameleon a little, and make a lot more sense.

Also, I can't conceive of any Radar that works, without using a lot of Energy, but that's a whole nother discussion, and I don't want to spam this forum, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.