Sign in to follow this  
fftunes4real

What a mess

That's the state of the game on ps4. From what i seen i was the ONLY player NOT carrying a drone.

Devs, seriously... :014j: :23: :08::15: :100_100_10: :015_2: :beee: :fed014: 

I think i'm done with this crap.

• Upvote 2

I played a game earlier against a 4 man group all with fuze drones.

It was crazy seeing like 15 fuzes going after people.

Some one else in game was rocking grenade drones as well.

We lost that one really quick...

Granted I was playing a bad fragile hover phoenix build but still.

• Upvote 1

@Woodyrojo Have you guys ever considered making separate balance patches for consoles? I say this because I'm sorry everytime I see a console forumer post a video. The PC version already has obvious, unfixed problems with Goliath and Grenadier spam, but it's just so much worse on console where people have a harder time aiming...
I don't understand why you guys don't patch console versions with a global drone nerf to reflect their ease of use with a controller compared to other weapons ^_-

Edited by Clebardman
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Clebardman said:

I don't understand why you guys don't patch console versions with a global drone nerf to reflect their ease of use with a controller compared to other weapons

Appreciate the idea, but i think it'd be the same on pc if more ppl used them.

It is quite the shiet show,ran a clan mates build with sidekicks at 9000 and faced 10-12k they still made kills took no effort and made a lot of laughs.

Would you prefer everyone run cannons, sit in spawn, and fire hail marys across the map?

There was a tripple pheonix, and two hurricane users, you with bastion cannons, five bots. Plenty of other rubbish things you could get upset about.

I would prefer that everybody had different builds, with different weapon combinations, but unfortunately, not everyone is that creative.  That's basically the game they designed, with all this customization built in.

The game people seem to want to play is to find the 1 gun that's the most powerful, mount 3 of them to fire together on 1 Button, and cram a cloak in there with it.  They don't want to mix, and match the best COMBINATION of weapons, and playtest them to see how they work together, because that would mean giving up their Win Button.  (An exception is Sparkester, and Laser/Miniguns.  Like the only 2 weapon combinations they have discovered, in the past 5 years.)

I'd prefer that people take their losses without complaining about lag, and stop counting every lucky shot as their superior aim too, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

The game people seem to want to play is to find the 1 gun that's the most powerful, mount 3 of them to fire together on 1 Button, and cram a cloak in there with it.

I feel personally attacked.. 

At least I have other builds.. I use a chord on my pyre build.. Done so since release and barely seen anyone else use that for its purpose.. So I classes I'm some innovation I guess

5 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

I feel personally attacked.. 

At least I have other builds.. I use a chord on my pyre build.. Done so since release and barely seen anyone else use that for its purpose.. So I classes I'm some innovation I guess

Interesting.  Can I get a screencap?  I use Chords with Pyres too, but I can;t really get much out of A chord, they seem to be more effective when you have 3, or 4 of them.  (Among other things, for shooting down Missiles.)  I'd like to see what you came up with, though.

It's really nice to have multiple 2 Charge weapons though.  I can't get Pyres to work with Goblins, because there's no overlap range.  Minimum range on Pyres barely overlaps with Chords, but you don't HAVE to use them together.  It's just really nice if you CAN use them together, at the best possible range.

Nothing personal, i should have said "Most people..."  There are, of course, exceptions.

Edited by psiberzerker

People play to win, not to play "different" "creative" or "combination" builds. I have to assume these players are farming resources or some such, perhaps on their way to whatever relic takes their fancy. Tracks + Drones just produce results.

If everyone is going to run the same thing though, then you can just run a counter. Tracks come off easy to flame throwers and a blight. Or running the same concept, you can use speed to come right up behind them and burn out the meat between the tracks. Do it from stealth and the drones have no time to deal their damage, and that's if they're not distracted by someone else.

Seems like an opportunity to me.

6 minutes ago, Butonfly_nz said:

People play to win, not to play "different" "creative" or "combination" builds. 

Right, but you assume that you can't win, if you mix 2 complimentary weapons.  (Except for obvious ones, like Spark, and Lasers)

You haven't tried all the possible combinations, to find out which ones are viable, because if you had, there would be more build diversity.  Than 2 combo builds, one of which is Barely meta.

There's far more possibilities in combinations than as many of the same thing as you have the Charge for+Chameleon.

Edited by psiberzerker

4 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Interesting.  Can I get a screencap?  I use Chords with Pyres too, but I can;t really get much out of A chord, they seem to be more effective when you have 3, or 4 of them.  (Among other things, for shooting down Missiles.)  I'd like to see what you came up with, though.

It's really nice to have multiple 2 Charge weapons though.  I can't get Pyres to work with Goblins, because there's no overlap range.  Minimum range on Pyres barely overlaps with Chords, but you don't HAVE to use them together.  It's just really nice if you CAN use them together, at the best possible range.

Nothing personal, i should have said "Most people..."  There are, of course, exceptions.

pyres.thumb.jpg.f475c169f8c9957f3b4c802e

I use the chord to decloak enemies, 2 pyres have a button each and the back 3 are all on one button, rare cloak, cheetah and radar detector, that's the latest version, 22 shots. 

This was it in July 2017:

1975219201_FirstPyrebuild.jpg.d2f68fdc71

So yeah it defo does a good job.. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Butonfly_nz said:

People play to win, not to play "different" "creative" or "combination" builds. I have to assume these players are farming resources or some such, perhaps on their way to whatever relic takes their fancy. Tracks + Drones just produce results.

People play for fun, regardless of anything else.. If you aren't having fun then something is wrong, some of us get fun from winning, competition etc.. Some dont

• Like 2

It's kinda hard to play for fun, when there's players out there actively trying to ruin your game, by taking all the "XP" and making sure you never get any kills.

I've gotten Skinnered, and Wedged, by my own team, in Matchmaking.  You know it wasn't an accident, because it was coordinated.  1 hit me with the Skinner, while the other circled around, and wedged me to turn me over, and leave me up side down, to wait for Auto-jack...

Yeah, "Have fun."  nlm.

Edited by psiberzerker

7 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

It's kinda hard to play for fun, when there's players out there actively trying to ruin your game, by taking all the "XP" and making sure you never get any kills.

I've gotten Skinnered, and Wedged, by my own team, in Matchmaking.  You know it wasn't an accident, because it was coordinated.  1 hit me with the Skinner, while the other circled around, and wedged me to turn me over, and leave me up side down, to wait for Auto-jack...

Yeah, "Have fun."  nlm.

You know what you do.. 

CelebratedHopefulBandicoot-size_restrict

Something better with your time 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

pyres.thumb.jpg.f475c169f8c9957f3b4c802e

I use the chord to decloak enemies, 2 pyres have a button each and the back 3 are all on one button, rare cloak, cheetah and radar detector, that's the latest version, 22 shots...

So yeah it defo does a good job.. 

Thanks, so it's 5 Pyres, total?  That's about all I need.

One thing I love about Pyres is you can bury them, and mount them at multiple angles, so they launch differently.  Even on my All Pyres Box (It looks like a Shipping Container, but the camouflage only worked once.  I have to assume that the sniper thought I was hiding behind the container, because he kept shooting at my team-mates on the Cap Point, and dodging missile salvoes.)

I have 2 shooting forward, and 2 each launching vertically out to either side.  So, i can charge forward, launch, turn, launch, juke back toward cover, and launch again, before the first ones reload.  (Hot Red.)  No Chameleon, no Charge left over with the Radar/Horizon, but I like the idea of using a Chord just to decloak them.

I like the way you think.  

Edited by psiberzerker

3 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

You know what you do.. 

CelebratedHopefulBandicoot-size_restrict

Something better with your time 

Yes, that's what i'm doing.  So, you're right, I do know what I can do.

I have no reason to believe that you do.

The left and right pyre are on single fire buttons, if you know someone has cloak then you fire 1 missile to bait their cloak, hit with chord and fire the rest.. 

If they wanna be smart and not cloak, you just fire in tandem, or fire all.. Either way they're getting hit by missiles, maybe I'll try and get some clips tonight 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

The left and right pyre are on single fire buttons, if you know someone has cloak then you fire 1 missile to bait their cloak, hit with chord and fire the rest.. 

If they wanna be smart and not cloak, you just fire in tandem, or fire all.. Either way they're getting hit by missiles, maybe I'll try and get some clips tonight 

That's a straight up counter-build, and I love the thought process behind it.  That's fantastic.

Just FYI, I use Horizon with a radar, because it extends the range of the radar, and I can "scout ahead" with the scope.  I watched that Scorpion Spider ducking in and out (Broken Arrow) and completely ignore me, despite the Missiles that were flying out the top.  Barring that, it's nice to see what they have before you rush in, and die, because they all have their Executioners pointed at the same avenue of approach.  So, you can decide to flank around another way...  You need at least one to lock onto someone with Pyres, but more range is better.  Also, i don't have to mount multiple radars, which can get stuck on things, trying to move around, attract attention...

In some ways, my Pyre Box is a lot like that, only the opposite.  I built it to test "Stealth" without using Cloak, however it doesn't work on Players that know the map well enough to realize that there shouldn't be a container there.  Again, it only worked once, but that one time was so funny, I basically couldn't stop giggling!

Edited by psiberzerker

Until a few months ago I only used a common radar with a growl, but the blight is fast and I thought I might as well use a detector, pyres have the same sort of range as a comm3radar, it helped to not fire missiles further than they could fly, but the detector helps everyone, I fused some not for sale ones and got transmission distance.. Which my team probably need.. Lol

Yeah, I've had better cabins, but I love the Growl.  So, that's what i use (With generators) because none of the perks are worth what comes with it:

The high Power Scores where there's no room for creativity, because that's where the Conservatives live, with their beards tucked into their belts, and shotguns across their laps.

Oh yeah, and a Duster for Low Power Scores.  Mostly because my favorite Raid (Perimeter Breach, in the maze of Shipping Containers) is on Easy.  So, i get a lot better matchmaking below 5,000 PS.

Edited by psiberzerker

Sign in to follow this