Please re-implement the dopple effect.

Bring back doppler effect  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back doppler effect

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont care

As the title says.

We had a thread about that somewhere a year ago or so. But i cannot find it.

Please bring it back!

1 hour ago, Babylonsburning said:

Yea i need a 4th poll option for wtf are you talking about.

The Doppler effect is what causes approaching sounds to seem higher-pitch, and departing sounds to seem lower-pitch.

It used to be in the game, but then the entire sound-engine was replaced, and the Doppler effect has yet to be reintroduced.
It was fun honking horns while driving toward people. The "Express" train horn was one of the best for drive-by honking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Engines in general are just too quiet. I wish they got louder as you moved faster so you could hear a cloaked dog charging you, opposed to just getting run thru like Stacy a second after ur Oculus started beeping. The cab engines just sound so weak and quiet, I want to be able to locate an enemy by hearing their engine like in War Thunder.

17 hours ago, Comrade_Tiki said:

The Doppler effect is what causes approaching sounds to seem higher-pitch, and departing sounds to seem lower-pitch.

It used to be in the game, but then the entire sound-engine was replaced, and the Doppler effect has yet to be reintroduced.
It was fun honking horns while driving toward people. The "Express" train horn was one of the best for drive-by honking.

I noticed the sounds changed a bit. But im pretty sure sound  is what was causing the consoles to crash for 3 days after the last patch came out. So if they bring it back. Do it right

18 hours ago, Comrade_Tiki said:

It was fun honking horns while driving toward people

This was one of the things we *1 immediately noticed and loved when we started playing the game.

*1 We were a 4 players group when started playing this game. Im the one left over :/

• Like 1