_cottton_

[Suggestion][Request][Poll] Please re-implement the dopple effect.

Bring back doppler effect  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back doppler effect

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont care

As the title says.

We had a thread about that somewhere a year ago or so. But i cannot find it.

Please bring it back!

Edited by _cottton_
improved title
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babylonsburning said:

Yea i need a 4th poll option for wtf are you talking about.

The Doppler effect is what causes approaching sounds to seem higher-pitch, and departing sounds to seem lower-pitch.

It used to be in the game, but then the entire sound-engine was replaced, and the Doppler effect has yet to be reintroduced.
It was fun honking horns while driving toward people. The "Express" train horn was one of the best for drive-by honking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Engines in general are just too quiet. I wish they got louder as you moved faster so you could hear a cloaked dog charging you, opposed to just getting run thru like Stacy a second after ur Oculus started beeping. The cab engines just sound so weak and quiet, I want to be able to locate an enemy by hearing their engine like in War Thunder.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Comrade_Tiki said:

The Doppler effect is what causes approaching sounds to seem higher-pitch, and departing sounds to seem lower-pitch.

It used to be in the game, but then the entire sound-engine was replaced, and the Doppler effect has yet to be reintroduced.
It was fun honking horns while driving toward people. The "Express" train horn was one of the best for drive-by honking.

I noticed the sounds changed a bit. But im pretty sure sound  is what was causing the consoles to crash for 3 days after the last patch came out. So if they bring it back. Do it right

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Comrade_Tiki said:

It was fun honking horns while driving toward people

This was one of the things we *1 immediately noticed and loved when we started playing the game.

*1 We were a 4 players group when started playing this game. Im the one left over :/

• Like 1

BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP

!

• Haha 1

*Le Bump*

• Upvote 1

Well, purely because I'm in a nerdy mood:

:B10:

The Doppler Effect is named after Christian Doppler.  It's not called the Dopple effect, because of cars doppling bye.  

[/glasses push] 

+1.

Edited by psiberzerker

That's a good point actually. Although I can't recall this effect, it would be nice to see this in the game. So, you have my support too.

Morever, I have noticed that the sound is not being used by players much. The game depends on visuals almost always. It would be nice to see implementation of an overall sound system which can give players clues about the battle.

Edited by TheEarthling

14 minutes ago, TheEarthling said:

I can't recall this effect

This was one of the 1st things i realized and loved on this game :D

I tried to find a video on YT from that time. But had no luck so far. Ppl just dont honk enough :D

16 minutes ago, TheEarthling said:

So, you have my support too

Many thanks!

12 minutes ago, _cottton_ said:

Ppl just dont honk enough :D

Just the ones with the most annoying horn they can find.  They honk too much.

1+ from the almost 3 years that i've been playing the game i don't remember the dopler effect, i supose i didn't pay that much attention to sounds.

I was thinking they could add a cosmetic which is basically a siren from a stripped off ju-87 "stuka" that when you reach a pre-setted velocity, a propeller would start making the siren to play its popular noice, but without the doppler effect it would be pointless.

Edited by AGrievousGuy
  • Like 1