Sign in to follow this  
aMaZe3212_CO

Drawing Aggro

Can somebody tell me how aggro works in Crossout when doing raids. Is it strictly based on DPS? I'd like to know how to properly "tank" or deal DPS but cannot find a black and white formula for drawing/keeping/losing aggro.

14 minutes ago, aMaZe3212_CO said:

Can somebody tell me how aggro works in Crossout when doing raids. Is it strictly based on DPS? I'd like to know how to properly "tank" or deal DPS but cannot find a black and white formula for drawing/keeping/losing aggro.

Okay, keep in mind that you can't "Tank" effectively in Crossout, because it's not really an MMO, and it's missing a crucial piece:  The Healer.  (Also, a Taunt mechanic)

The most effective "Taunt" I've found for Aggro is running ahead, and Ramming.  You want to build around this, but it's not going to be your typical Tank, nor Tank build, because you have to be fast enough to get ahead (Proximity also adds to Aggro.)

So, of the classic Crossout builds, the one you're looking for is probably some variation on the Shotgun wedge, but you don't have to use the Shotguns.  You can, they obviously work just fine for that, but generally, I CC by ramming them, and chopping their wheels out from under them with my Plow/Hatchets.  *Also, shooting off their weapons with Defenders.)

Frontal Armor:  You can't armor yourself all the way around, and still be fast enough to be in Position.  as a Tank player, I'll just assume that you know that Where you hold them is as critical as getting, and keeping Aggro.  Also, Sloped armor, so that you can wedge under them (Especially the Boss) and hold them off the ground.  

Good Raiders will know how to DPS.  You just have to concentrate on gettng under them, and staying under them.  So, a Skinner is a great idea, and a Kapkan wouldn't be a bad idea, if you can fit them in.

No Explosive Weapons.  Wasps, Cannons, Autocannons, Grenade Launchers...  Since you're going to be in contact with the target, you can blow your own armor off, by shooting the Boss that's wedged up on your frontal armor.  If you want a specific build, I can fire up the game, and take screenshots, but honestly, you can just look up "Wedge" in the exhibition, use that as a basic frame, and modify it for your needs.  I highly reccommend the Skinner harpoon, though.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

bots target and focus the first player they "see". This includes the nearest target "spotted" by radar or radar detector. They then beeline for the target, taking shots at players who are in their line of sight, but never the less moving toward their locked on target (think terminator). They'll then focus down the player until the player is dead, they're dead, or the player stealths.

There are some other bot behaviors we could go into, but this is the gist.

AI is xxxx in this game.

• Upvote 1

This is good info, and supports what I've seen in game. But, explain to me then how I got attacked by a boss when my teammates are up front doing as you've described above while I'm quite aways back with 2 crickets and a fortune? 

8 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Okay, keep in mind that you can't "Tank" effectively in Crossout, because it's not really an MMO, and it's missing a crucial piece:  The Healer.  (Also, a Taunt mechanic)

The most effective "Taunt" I've found for Aggro is running ahead, and Ramming.  You want to build around this, but it's not going to be your typical Tank, nor Tank build, because you have to be fast enough to get ahead (Proximity also adds to Aggro.)

So, of the classic Crossout builds, the one you're looking for is probably some variation on the Shotgun wedge, but you don't have to use the Shotguns.  You can, they obviously work just fine for that, but generally, I CC by ramming them, and chopping their wheels out from under them with my Plow/Hatchets.  *Also, shooting off their weapons with Defenders.)

Frontal Armor:  You can't armor yourself all the way around, and still be fast enough to be in Position.  as a Tank player, I'll just assume that you know that Where you hold them is as critical as getting, and keeping Aggro.  Also, Sloped armor, so that you can wedge under them (Especially the Boss) and hold them off the ground.  

Good Raiders will know how to DPS.  You just have to concentrate on gettng under them, and staying under them.  So, a Skinner is a great idea, and a Kapkan wouldn't be a bad idea, if you can fit them in.

No Explosive Weapons.  Wasps, Cannons, Autocannons, Grenade Launchers...  Since you're going to be in contact with the target, you can blow your own armor off, by shooting the Boss that's wedged up on your frontal armor.  If you want a specific build, I can fire up the game, and take screenshots, but honestly, you can just look up "Wedge" in the exhibition, use that as a basic frame, and modify it for your needs.  I highly reccommend the Skinner harpoon, though.

How sweet would "heals" be in this game. It could work just like the repair function in the newest repair game mode, but the mechanic would be "healing" teammates.

Yeah, I could definitely get behind a Mechanic function in this game, and I even have some ideas how to implement it, but it's a long discussion.  Basically, the Mechanic module would be like the turret arm on an Engineer's vehicle, and probably cost 8 Charge, like a Mandrake.  (You can have some Defensive Machineguns with it, but that's about it.)

Oh yeah, and there's a Shield Mine dispenser, I forget what it's called, but it's basically like Aegis, only bigger.  And a mine, so you can also do Damage Mitigation, which is another skill associated with "Tanking" in the MMO sense.  I just have to differentiate between a Tank, and a "Tank" (In the MMO sense) because this isn't an MMO.  Even though it claims to be.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Yeah, I could definitely get behind a Mechanic function in this game, and I even have some ideas how to implement it, but it's a long discussion.  Basically, the Mechanic module would be like the turret arm on an Engineer's vehicle, and probably cost 8 Charge, like a Mandrake.  (You can have some Defensive Machineguns with it, but that's about it.)

Oh yeah, and there's a Shield Mine dispenser, I forget what it's called, but it's basically like Aegis, only bigger.  And a mine, so you can also do Damage Mitigation, which is another skill associated with "Tanking" in the MMO sense.  I just have to differentiate between a Tank, and a "Tank" (In the MMO sense) because this isn't an MMO.  Even though it claims to be.

SO basically you want to be able to: get less xp. for yourself, use underwhelming weapons while helping and saving teammates so they can continue gaing xp. at your expense ... hmmm ... NO THANKS! :'D
Besides: "defensive machineguns" ... oh you mean the flimpsy little thingies that gets shot off by one cannonshell or less... mmmh... very defensive that is... ?!1 lols 

No, I mean Defenders.  What i actually use, as defensive machineguns.  (Now Protectors in higher difficulties, but it's the same build with Protectors, instead of Defenders.)  You don't even know what defensive machineguns are, in a game, where the Rare ones are called DEFENDERS, after the event with the upgrade just dropped?

And yeah, I play with my team mates.  I don't think there's this finite pool of "XP" and I won't get as much if I don't screw everyone else on my team out of every chance they have to fight too.

Also, we're talking about Raids here.  Not PvP.  It works differently in Raids, where you do get Reputation Boosts for shooting out weapons, and chopping out movement parts with your wedge.

I routinely get the most "XP" out of raids, doing just that, despite the fact that I'm making it easier for my Team Mates to get most of the kills.  Because I know how Reputation works, in Raids.  (Here's a hint:  Not like "Xp" in D&D.)

There's not actually a whole lot of "Cannon shells" in raids, unless it's certain bosses, including Leviathans.  Which you would know, if you realized what we're talking about, instead of nothing but screwing other players for your own gain in PvP.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1

What if the "mechanic" function had some sort of stun on attack (emp pulse)? That'd give teammates time to peel attackers off the heals, if they know how to work together.

XP would still be granted the amount of repairs given, so you wouldn't be getting less from the battle.

Like psiberzerker said, "it's a long discussion". But a great way to add some much needed variety to builds and gameplay. It's already in the game with the repair game mode or even the repair kits inside Battle Royal.

3 minutes ago, aMaZe3212_CO said:

What if the "mechanic" function had some sort of stun on attack (emp pulse)?

I'd give it some damage capability, probably just Melee proportionate to it's Repair HPS.  

I'd like to see an EMP module, that knocks out:Radar, Radios, Radar Detectors, Drones, and Cloak in the blast radius, but otherwise doesn't do any damage.  (Also, not permanently, on a cool down like Cloak, and so forth.)  Also, Shields like Aegis would block it.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aMaZe3212_CO said:

This is good info, and supports what I've seen in game. But, explain to me then how I got attacked by a boss when my teammates are up front doing as you've described above while I'm quite aways back with 2 crickets and a fortune? 

Are you using a hover build?

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Defenders

This guy knows how to raid

I have 2 primary raid builds for queuing solo. Both are low ps.

1 has 3 defenders and 1 Aurora on an icebox cabin with tracks.

The other is a blight incinerator build for raids like war for fire where the bots spawn in one spot. Lots of damage and 200% of everyone else's. 

Edited by submaxcw

D8709E93F6A2B7E631F27D4D5A28CD0A073B6EC0

EA552ABF42675C528911866DAF8AD8A544E341D6

I'm not going to give you a Build, but you know how to space armor, right?  That can "Tank" around Normal, and Hard raids, just fine.  Don't worry about the Rapier on top, I can replace it with 2 Pyres (And some armor slopes to protect them) for Missions (Get the Wires!-Batteries!..)

Edited by psiberzerker

7 hours ago, aMaZe3212_CO said:

But, explain to me then how I got attacked by a boss when my teammates are up front doing as you've described above while I'm quite aways back with 2 crickets and a fortune? 

Some also say that the bots scan for enemies from top to bottom (could be the tracing in the game engine simply works that way) so they choose the enemy that is on higher ground, or whose build is floating higher above ground (i.e. hovers).

It's mostly distance and line of sight but some other factors may play into it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chevypimp said:

And simple word play doesn't cut it go home troll no room for you.

This thread was fine before you came. Show yourself out please

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Chevypimp said:

Let me show you the door punk you really are a pretentious twat  aren't you.

You come to an unrelated thread to follow him and tell him how upset you are. You talk big for no reason and use words you don't seem to know... while acting out those words you use as insults...

10 minutes ago, Chevypimp said:

pretentious

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

what are you doing in here again?

Oh wait. You're more on topic than anyone here

Drawing Aggro

By aMaZe3212_CO, 9 hours ago in [PS4] Discussion

Edited by submaxcw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sign in to follow this