Pandalius

How To Make Money In Crossout!

I've been around this game for a few years, and I've learned a few things here and there. There were also quite a few posts on Reddit, the Forums, and from my channel, so I might as well put it all in a condensed form here. Let's see how bad it is!

First off, let's talk about the market. There a a lot of things to know, so let's jot them out:

• Always craft valuable items
    • Use crossoutdb.com to check which items are currently worth your time. Console will sadly have to do this by hand :^[
  • Always have fuel barrels
    • This means having both common and the rare barrel, as they will give you 15 fuel every PvP win. This can be sold or turned into mats via raids.
  • Do not increase buy/sell orders by more than 0.01 coins.
    • Since you cannot pick which price to purchase or sell, there is no need to jump prices. Sell for 0.01 coin less or buy for 0.01 coin more. It'll save you money in the long run.
  • Do not quick buy/sell
    • Just don't. It only takes a few more seconds to put in orders that will give you so much more coinage...
  • Watch out for price jumps. Price along with the trend.
    • Sometimes there will be jumps in pricing, either do to people being impatient or w/e. You do not need to follow them, but instead price according to the last reasonable trending value.
    • For Example:
Electrons Sell Buy
1 Trend 3.00 4.00
2 Trend 2.99 4.01
3 (Spike!!!!!!) 2.50 4.50

• Do not try to flip items
    • It's a huge risk, my dude. The market could smack you right in the face and you could loose all profit.
  • Do not try to open crates
    • Same thing. A huge risk when there is no reason to take it.
  • If you have premium, do your daily mission for coin at least
    • 40 coins a day is a lot of money!
  • Do as many valuable badges missions as possible
    • Hard raids, clan wars, plastic, PvP missions, etc. All can be exchanged for monies in the end, so why not take advantage?
  • Exchange badges for only high value resources or crates
    • Electronics, Plastic, or Patherfinder's Crate are usually the best value items. You can use a spreadsheet template (here) if you want! Estimations may be off.
  • Always do weekly scrap missions
    • It's free real-estate scrap, might as well take the extra coin~

Now onto some general PvP and PvE tips. These are mostly towards the actual battles, which should help you maximize every game, if you want :^]

• Hit weekly cap for scrap
    • Scrap is the best PvP resource to grind, according to the spread sheet above. Wires are a close second. It's fun, fast, and always worth your time!
  • For PvE raids, only do Data Theft and War for Oil
    • And only do HARD RAIDS! While you can do other raids for similar profit, they usually come with setbacks. For example, Perimeter Breach raids are about the same length, but DO NOT REWARD FULLY. Another example is Frontier Defense: takes forever to do and only gives base rewards.
  • Invasion is only an option if you have a strong, high damage build.
    • If you do not have a good build for that place, you will loose quite often. Not really worth it at that point.
  • Try to do raids around 5,000 power score.
    • Bots are weaker at lower power scores, so why do more work for the same reward? That, and raids can be done faster when bots take less time to kill, so even better.
  • Same can be said for PvP
    • High end PvP can take ages to do in most cases. People just have a lot more h.p., tend to be more cautious, and are generally gonna take longer to fight. Lower power score games? Not so much. Bum rushes for DAYS!
  • Always have a leviathan out and about.
    • Even if your ride aint the coolest wheel in the pine tree, the thing could still win here and there. Might as well earn a little copper here and there!

There is also a video guide on all the things mentioned here, so if that's more your speed, here you go!:

These are all the tips I can think off the top of my head, so let me know if yall have anything else to add. I'll see if I can make an edit with all the tips later on! :^]

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"Dont flip items" wrong

Fuel barrel is too weak to be worth putting on. You dont get much for selling fuel so you might as well just gather enough to not have to buy any.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Pandalius said:

Always have fuel barrels

•  

YES! Last time i looked into it it was ~0.45 coins per win.

Do not increase buy/sell orders by more than 0.01 coins.

•  

Or you really want it now and just bet the hell out of it.

I like adding 10 coins ... (kind of insider) ... 

Its a marked. If you want it now, then do what ever it needs. If you got time then ... well. .. go the cent by cent crap.

Do not try to open crates

•  

Depends. A beginner can profit of crates.

I got my first 2 purp passive coolers, hot red, purp radar, 200 coins (more than once i think), ... .

But if you already got what you need then yea, sell th crates.

EDIT: i forgot - this was the time we got the purp-crate every week -.-

Edited by _cottton_

2 hours ago, Firedrizzle said:

"Dont flip items" wrong

Fuel barrel is too weak to be worth putting on. You dont get much for selling fuel so you might as well just gather enough to not have to buy any.

The thing about flipping is to manage risk. Put too much money in an item, only to have the market adjust could take ages to recover from. By all means, if you want to take the risk and try your luck, you could get some money. You might just have more success crafting a high end item instead. :^]

As for the fuel, it's always worth it. You can manage the risk of it blowing up by building around it or under mounting it on the cabin, That way it will have little chance of blowing up and you earn ever more on PvP. 

2 minutes ago, Pandalius said:

The thing about flipping is to manage risk.

Of course.  The Market is like a Minigame that you can chose to play, or not.  There's 2 systems (Crafting, and the Shop) that you can do as alternatives, but the rewards potentially outway the Risk, once you learn to play the Market.

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Of course.  The Market is like a Minigame that you can chose to play, or not.  There's 2 systems (Crafting, and the Shop) that you can do as alternatives, but the rewards potentially outway the Risk, once you learn to play the Market.

Risk can be managed to a certain extent, and there certainly is a profit to be made. I suppose that would be a more of a high end strategy that some could partake. I suppose I was going for more the general tips the average player can use to guarantee a profit :6]

P

2 hours ago, Pandalius said:

The thing about flipping is to manage risk. Put too much money in an item, only to have the market adjust could take ages to recover from. By all means, if you want to take the risk and try your luck, you could get some money. You might just have more success crafting a high end item instead. :^]

As for the fuel, it's always worth it. You can manage the risk of it blowing up by building around it or under mounting it on the cabin, That way it will have little chance of blowing up and you earn ever more on PvP. 

You should avoid putting all your eggs in 1 basket, if you flip different things you have to have bad judgement to not make coin. Even crafting has the risk that by the time your epic has finished being crafted, a million people crafted it in the interim and drove the price down. That is also a risk you can manage by looking at how many sellers to buyers.

I put the basic fuel barrel under my cab for the first time in ages and first match some cannon shell hit the ground below my vehicle making me spin quicker than a ballerina. Maybe I can armour it but it doesnt seem worth it for the fuel barrel.  I am willing to use fuel tank but not on many builds as it hurts me to reduce the compactness of my vehicles.

Edited by Firedrizzle
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Pandalius said:

Risk can be managed to a certain extent, and there certainly is a profit to be made.

Right, that's basically the Minigame in a nutshell.  So, for example, people crafted Emilies (I was one of them, I sold them to buy Pyres for my Leviathan) to take advantage of fluctuations in prices.  I'm sure there's a lot of Inventories with Emilies in them, just waiting for the price to go back up, due to lack of availability...

And, they just got buffed.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Firedrizzle said:

P

You should avoid putting all your eggs in 1 basket, if you flip different things you have to have bad judgement to not make coin. Even crafting has the risk that by the time your epic has finished being crafted, a million people crafted it in the interim and drove the price down. That is also a risk you can manage by looking at how many sellers to buyers.

I put the basic fuel barrel under my cab for the first time in ages and first match some cannon shell hit the ground below my vehicle making me spin quicker than a ballerina. Maybe I can armour it but it doesnt seem worth it for the fuel barrel.  I am willing to use fuel tank but not on many builds as it hurts me to reduce the compactness of my vehicles.

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Right, that's basically the Minigame in a nutshell.  So, for example, people crafted Emilies (I was one of them, I sold them to buy Pyres for my Leviathan) to take advantage of fluctuations in prices.  I'm sure there's a lot of Inventories with Emilies in them, just waiting for the price to go back up, due to lack of availability...

And, they just got buffed.

And both of you seem to understand that there is a game to be learned and that there is a subset of skills needed to flip successfully. That was the main bit I was concerned with when making the post, as I do not want newer people trying to jump into that part of the market without some experience of preface. By all means, if you are that type of person to easily work the markets, then go be the Amazon of your dreams!

As for the fuel, it's all about the build. My car is a big longer with large wheels, and by putting the fuel in the trunk, I rarely blow up. It's not perfect, but when you're playing games all the days, it does help get more rewards :^]

• Upvote 1

Good adivce there.

I would still recommend a fuel barrel and a fuel tank if you can afford it in terms of space and PS. Hide it below the cabin between frames... this avoids most issues.

The additional income off fuel should not be underestimated as it does add up over time.

I also farm Fuel for Raids.  Plastic, and Electronics are good profit for the time spent farming it, if you know which Raids to pick while they're up.  (It's a long discussion.)

On 11/30/2019 at 7:57 AM, Pandalius said:

Do not try to flip items

• It's a huge risk, my dude. The market could smack you right in the face and you could loose all profit.

This one's a kind of "don't try this at home until you REALLY know what you're doing". Advanced level market usage. Should be attempted only when the player is doing everything else as is instructed in this guide and starts to see the bigger picture in how the entire market works. And also can do the math clearly on the margins of buy vs sale.

Spoiler

5ufcYS7.jpg

InfwDOw.jpg

PnulY87.jpg

^^For example the profit I make from each of the Hardened Track i flip in the last pic is about 16 coins. I buy it for 310 coins and sell it for 362. Tax cuts about 36 coins from it and I earn 326. 16 coins is really good profit, usually one could expect about 10 coin profit (or less) from each flipped Epic item.

My experience has shown me flipping Rares vs Epics results in roughly similar profit on an average. You could expect 2-3 coins profit from each flipped rare and about 10 coins profit from each flipped Epic. However you can flip rares 3-4 times faster and you'll have less of your coins tied to the items (30-40 coins vs 300 coins) which are are in circulation. The downside ofc is with Rares you need to sit there and constantly hit refresh on the market to get the flip done asap. With epics you can put the offer up, and play a match or take a dump before you come back in to check how you're doing.

The litle flipping I've done on Legendaries seem to show me about 50-100 profit per flipped legendary. The biggest issue for me is the 2000 coins you need to tie in for each item you wanna keep in circulation. I've got no problem putting 900 coins from my bank into flipping three Epics simultaneously but with 6k coins I'd rather just buy myself another pair of new legendary weapons. I've seen screenshots of a dude flipping Porcs every now and then with each flip resulting in about 2k coins profit! :DD

• Upvote 1

How to make money in Crossout:
Release Howl, nerf harvester
Release Blight, nerf lances
Release new epic wasp thing, nerf crickets

rinse and repeat

• Haha 2