Sign in to follow this  
JazzyCarbon85

Buff gl55s or nerf grenadiers

Since the devs dont want to confirm my post in their weapons section.

So far from what i have collected from players in game, in chat,  myself, that grenadiers are a very annoying weapon in this game right alongside Kapcans.

They are only loved by the people who use them and are far more devistating than the Gl-55 Impulse including the fact, it uses no radiators yet spits round after round  without a cooldown and costs less than the gl55

They are an unfair advantage to most builds that involve, cannons, rockets, and homing as they are too fast to get a decent shot off on while wasting your ammo and time on a major inconvenience.

This weapon is a ticking time bomb to these players since most say screw it and continue to let those drones take them out or until they take the grenadier spammer out. But 8 times out of 10, they are already gone and left their drones in the dust to take out the victim.

Proposals

1) significantly drop damage or fire rate on the drones.

2) make them stationary or flying instead of wheeled, at least the players can get a shot off to a drone that isn't speeding around a target at 90 Km/h

3) limit the amount you can have like the Tow

4) jack up their en consumption to 5 en like the Gl55.

5) give the gl-55 a buff, or reduce their en to 4 like the Grenaders. If a drone player can drop 3 or 4 grenaders on the ground with unlimited ammo and no cooldown, then GL-55s deserve some buffering treatment.(but still require ammo packs and radiators for the gl55s)

If anyone else has better ideas for this, please speak your thoughts!

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

I dont see why the player fired grenade launcher shouldnt get a durability buff or something,  i dont personally have an issue with grenadiers but its silly the more difficult weapon to use isnt as good

I agree the gl55 deserves either energy reduction or durability buff.The grenade drones are close to running there course and are due for a nerf,something simple like increasing mass or making the hit box larger I don't own or run them have and won't although it was highlarios when they dropped.

I farm with Impulse since some days and considering i grinded to all caps with it in 2 days + 2k fuel and the % of MVP i got with it i can only say.

"learn how to play with impulse. Its not supposed to go the other way around" :popcorn:

4 hours ago, _Riddig_ said:

"learn how to play with impulse. Its not supposed to go the other way around" :popcorn:

Yes they can be strong but thats not the point here. The point is compared to the drones they use one more energy and need radiators and also ammo.

Gl-55 need at least a little structure buff while the drones need either a reduction in fire rate and /or a 5 energy requirement.

Grenadier Drones are unbelievably tough.  I mean, it actually takes me out of the game, and my Suspension of Disbelief when one takes a Cannon shot, any Cannon shot (And you have to be pretty good with a Cannon to hit them, unless the derp out, and get stuck in the corner)

If I had to pick 1 stat, that needs to nerf, it's Durability/Armor.  It's a little box of grenades, on wheels.  

Also, Fuze drones.  While we're on the subject, Impulse isn't the only part they made all-but obsolete, Fuze Drones are less viable now, too.  (I saw a leak, which is impossible to tell if it's genuine, that we might be getting a flying suicide drone.)

Edited by psiberzerker

Jeesus just drive them over....they cant stand collisions very good.

Dont do that though with the fuze drones........otherwise you go giphy.gif.a9d761a6a59b516adc632be40a493e

What mistake i see from new players but although from "veterans" VERY OFTEN is a stationary fireposition.

You make yourself to lunch standing still in Crossout. (take it or leave it)

HF GL

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, _Riddig_ said:

What mistake i see from new players but although from "veterans" VERY OFTEN is a stationary fireposition.

Just to clarify:  A stable firing position is stopping, so your guns stabilize, and then shooting.  Good players (New, and veterans alike) know that, you can get a temporary boost to stability by coming to a complete spot.

"Camping" the same position makes it real easy to hunt you down.  There's nothing wrong with a stable firing position, but as soon as you fire, everyone goes "Over there!"  Shoot, and Scoot.  

Ramming drones is okay, if you don't get High Centered on them.  You're right, it is a solution, that works.  However, it's not completely without risk.  Also, if you get high-centered on one, you end up pretty vulnerable to the other 2 that a Drone Spammer brought with it.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

The projectile speed of the drones should match impulse...

If the projectile speed was the same as the impulse at least you could dodge them better.

Impulse would be great if its bullets had the same projectile speed as the drones.

On 12/1/2019 at 2:24 PM, psiberzerker said:

Just to clarify:  A stable firing position is stopping, so your guns stabilize, and then shooting.  Good players (New, and veterans alike) know that, you can get a temporary boost to stability by coming to a complete spot.

"Camping" the same position makes it real easy to hunt you down.  There's nothing wrong with a stable firing position, but as soon as you fire, everyone goes "Over there!"  Shoot, and Scoot.  

Ramming drones is okay, if you don't get High Centered on them.  You're right, it is a solution, that works.  However, it's not completely without risk.  Also, if you get high-centered on one, you end up pretty vulnerable to the other 2 that a Drone Spammer brought with it.

"Stationary" and "stable" are not even in the same universe ^^

On 12/1/2019 at 12:18 PM, Merkyaleez said:

If the projectile speed was the same as the impulse at least you could dodge them better.

Unfortunately changing the projectile speed will have little effect. The drones A.I. uses your input data to calculate the trajectory of the projectiles, in short, they fire at where it thinks you will be when the round lands, not where you are.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Small_An_Simple said:

Unfortunately changing the projectile speed will have little effect. The drones A.I. uses your input data to calculate the trajectory of the projectiles, in short, they fire at where it thinks you will be when the round lands, not where you are.

Jup even with really light vehicles or hovers you can change your direction very fast and the AI still predicts perfectly where to shoot. Maybe 1 or 2 shots miss if youre good with dodging but the next 4-5 do hit you.

Drone players always say just shoot the drones but when you have cannons or crossbows or whatever weapon which have to releod youre *****! You maybe kill 1 or 2 drones but untll then the other 7 drones shoot you to pieces.

Sign in to follow this