effrimal_

A reason to go to the wasteland

The single player map is a big beautiful open area that I enjoy cruising around in from time to time and decompress. However, there is little reason to go there after you complete the story mode (aside from engraved casings). The drop rate on the bots is abysmal. The side missions are a weak substitute for PvP. And the trash piles, while giving a decent amount of resources for the work that you put in, are a bit lackluster. There is this great avenue of the game that is being neglected. With a little work, this 'could' instill a sense of newness to the game for older players and possibly attract new players that may not be as effective at (or interested in) PvP.

Some suggestions I have are,

1) increase the drop rate of resources from bot kills by 50%, as well as increasing the amount of resources dropped by 50%. Personally, I killed 7 or 8 vehicles and came away with 5 scrap. While this is roughly on par with 'Patrol' missions, making this change will increase the resources earned to around 10 scrap. Still in line with 'Patrol' missions but giving players more of a reason to use the wasteland map.

2) add different resources to side missions. If a player could pick up plastics. wires, batteries, and electronics in the wasteland, even in small quantities, the amount of traffic will increase. And could you imagine how many people would go there if Uranium was available? Even if it was just 1 or 2 ore, there are people that would flock there. This would also have a benefit of stabilizing the market for artifact weapons and allow smaller clans to actually have a chance at participating in clan wars.

3) add more side missions or mini-quests. Driving around collecting boxes or visiting points on a map is adequate, but very boring. Protecting a tower or destroying a truck is not worth the effort when you are by yourself. Defeating a new bladespine boss or being timed to deliver a package would add some variety to the game. More PvP maps are always welcome, but adding single player content increases the number of total players in game, which increases sales.

This game is great! The graphics, game play, sounds, etc.. are all wonderful. Adding content to the single player area could inspire older players and attract newer ones to this amazing game.

4) Factions.  There's really no difference between being a Scavenger, nor a Nomad.  In Adventure Mode, you run into Scavengers beating up Lunatics all the time.  Who should I help?

What Faction am I?  

You have these great Locations pop up, like Market: Free Zone.  Vultures Territory, or Bladespines Territory.  Isn't there a war between the Bladespines, and the Vultures?  I can tell them apart, kinda, but when I run into the 2 of them duking it out, who do I help?

Am I Bladespines, or Vultures?

5)  The Collesseum, use it.  Please, i love that location, I only got to see it once, and it's perfect for 1v1 Duels.  

Edited by psiberzerker

Exactly! Adding faction specific mini-missions would be an excellent addition. If you are a Scavenger, have a mission that asks you to help destroy Bladespines or something equally as individual. The reward could be something as simple as increased reputation with your faction. Or maybe (fingers crossed) if the mission was hard enough, a piece of the unique armor that is rewarded after level 15. Tie the story into the side missions a little more. My overall point is, by adding more single player content you can (potentially) increase your player base.

1 hour ago, effrimal_ said:

Exactly! Adding faction specific mini-missions would be an excellent addition. If you are a Scavenger, have a mission that asks you to help destroy Bladespines or something equally as individual. The reward could be something as simple as increased reputation with your faction. Or maybe (fingers crossed) if the mission was hard enough, a piece of the unique armor that is rewarded after level 15. Tie the story into the side missions a little more. My overall point is, by adding more single player content you can (potentially) increase your player base.

Also, you would have to fly a flag.  More specifically, you would have to Craft, and mount a Flag, Faction membership isn't enough.  (That way you're not limited to Faction only weapons and armor.  In that case, Steppinwolf would win.)

I really like the idea of getting Structure Parts (Not for Sale) from running the Faction questlines.

Edited by psiberzerker

Some cool ideas.

1/ I agree that the drop should be better. I personally am more in favor of increasing loot quantity rather than the chance of dropping some, because as it stands now stopping to get the scrap is a waste of time if you already have some momentum and an objective. I'm all for the +50% loot quantity, not so much for the increase in loot chances.

2/Nah, I'm definitely against Uranium in Adventure. I'm okay with Plastic, wires, elecs and batteries being obtainable if the side quests are capped at 4k and 5k PS like their PvP/Raid counterparts. Gains should be reaaaaally low.

3/ That's... That's really what they should do to give an incentive to play the game and it baffles me that we have only 4 sidequests, all of wich are absolutely boring and 3 of them being basically "go from A to B (and maybe grab some crates on the way)

And 5/ I think I suggested some improvements to Adventure here  that didn't got approved, it included a once/day battle at the Coliseum against a Leviathan twice your PS (for copper, ofc) since Levis are cool but Invasion is not.

edit: Here is the relevant part. Nobody even looked at that thread. Nice premoderation lol.

- Put a challenge zone in front of the Firestarter's coliseum. Every day, players get one attempt at fighting a currently deployed leviathan that has 150% of their car's PS (that's a big leviathan compared to Invasion wich pits you against levis scoring 50%, 75% and 100% of your party's PS - but you only fight one and there's no tower to defend). The reward for winning should definitively include some casings, copper and reputation. Maybe the levi could have a separate counter for coliseum wins too, that would reward them with low amounts of casings instead of copper, and capped at 5 victories too?
This shouldn't be too hard to implement and it'd give everybody the occasion to fight leviathans, as currently most people I know don't play it since hard raids provide more than enough copper. It's sad because leviathans are an interesting aspect of the game, but most players simply never bother with it because having a decent levi is expensive and not very rewarding, and Invasion is much harder than raids, and not as lucrative. And if a winning levi's owner got a small reward for coliseum wins, that'd make levis a tiny bit more rewarding too

And that's a unique reason to get into Adventure mode. More ressources won't help if it's still lower than grinding wires; but some unique and interesting things to do might. Same for miniquests as you mentionned, if they were more varied and interesting and if there was some fun to have it would attract players.

Edited by Clebardman

13 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

I personally am more in favor of increasing loot quantity rather than the chance of dropping some, because as it stands now stopping to get the scrap is a waste of time if you already have some momentum and an objective.

True.  I know that trash pile over there, just off the Highway is at best 5 Copper.  I'm not going to pull over for 5 Copper, even if it is free, when I'm already looking for a Side Quest that pays more than that and guarantees an Engraved casing.  I'd argue that 50% isn't enough to pull over for.  10 Copper might be.  That's worth something.

Also, Fuel drops.  1 Liter, add it to the drop probability.  I'll pull over for 1:4 odds on getting 1 Liter of Fuel.  As it stands, there's no reason to bring a Fuel Barrel into the Wasteland.  If it's the maximum (5, 10, or 15L) you can carry, it would be worth fitting it under your Ride, next to the Gas-gen.

I'm definitely against Uranium in Adventure.

At the end of the entire questline, with an optional Leviathan guarding it, and no respawn.  1 try at it.  The risk has to be worth the reward.

3/ That's... That's really what they should do to give an incentive to play the game and it baffles me that we have only 4 sidequests, all of wich are absolutely boring and 3 of them being basically "go from A to B (and maybe grab some crates on the way)

I like that Side-quests are boring, and low pay.  Adventure is the Role Play mode.  It's part of the Immersion for me, sometimes that little old lady at the Trailer just needs some groceries from the Gas Station.  The only incentive I need is that Weekly Challenge to clear 20 of them.  Okay, it's worth it, once a week for that grind.  Barely.

More of them, yeah.  "Can you fetch me some grocieries from the gas station deary?  There's a shiny Engraved Casing in it for you!"  Also, a toothless old hag NPC to send us on them.

Edith?  No Esther.  Definitely Esther.

Edited by psiberzerker