Sign in to follow this  
psiberzerker

Small Tracks (Glitch Remediation)

Okay, I've reported this, and it's not been fixed.  Due to lack of response from the Devs directly, I have to assume they're working on something else, but the basic problem is these parts are "Squirrely."  They seem to spin out, and "Breakdance" for no apparent reason, but their advantages are so good that i continue to play them, exclusively.

In that time (A couple months) I discovered ways to make the odds of breakdancing less common.  It doesn't eliminate the problem, just makes it unlikely, but with the wrong design, and driving, you can make it almost guaranteed.  So, I'm going to separate these stop-gaps into 2 catagories:  Skilled, and Build.

Build

The first thing to do in the garage is spread them out.  If you like "Spinner" builds, like the "Bayblade" in the Exhibition, the best way to do it is place 2 tracks as close together as possible.  If you want to avoid it, the bare minimum is 6 wide, and 2 apart.  A couple pictures will save me a couple thousand words, so here:

F4DB0BA3E2DDE822D50C3E3631F727A6726CAB7F

The Chill, and Metal Boxes are basically for Scale, but note that a Growl drops right on there, with space for some Buggy Floors:

3575AA506387F60FF34DD630758C25BC21572982

Spaced Armor is also nice, when you can fit it in.  

Offroad Bumpers

IDKY this works, it just does.  For whatever reason, this particular part, as low as you can get it on the sides without scraping somehow makes it less likely to breakdance.  It also happens to be great for protecting your frames (In the gap between tracks) from Dogs armed with buzz saws, and borers.  (Harvesters won't fit.  Lances, and Boom sticks just blow off the bumper.)

2EE77BA19B65463F2CF33685CAE76213A9A6C8F2

Notice the tracks are actually together, and not spread the 2 spaces apart?  I discovered this fix at random, before I dialed in on the minimum spacing, by trial, and eror.

Driving

Okay, you only spin out when you're holding down the gas.  In a straight line, or turning, though Turning is more likely to trigger a break-dance.  So, to avoid it, your best bet is to take your finger off the gas, before you turn.  You will have some momentum, but if you hold down the gas, or accelerate in a turn, you're more likely to spin out, and flip over.  This also happens more often at speed, so you can still use forward, and reverse to speed up your turning to aim, without spinning out of control, and flipping over.

If anyone else has experience with this glitch, especially tips you I can use to avoid it, I'd love to hear them...

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

Why do you have minivan sideboards holding the offroad bumper? It looks like you are wasting them protecting small tracks.

Hardened tracks have issues also. I will try your frame configuration when I have a spare blueprint slot. Maybe the offroad bumper helps by putting the center of gravity low and to the sides. Thanks for the advice for this issue.

I have a 3 hardened track build I think handles well, it is quite big. Now I think about it has a lot of weight at the sides and I kept the build low. Heres 2 pictures, the second has most of the things underneath removed.

screenshot-191202-185105(29 10 126).jpg

screenshot-191202-185204(34 0 123).jpg

30 minutes ago, Firedrizzle said:

Why do you have minivan sideboards holding the offroad bumper? It looks like you are wasting them protecting small tracks.

I don't any more.  That's an old build from when i didn't have any better parts, and they fit?  Anything to hold the bumper lower than the tops of the tracks.  Anything is better than those, once you have them.

Hardened tracks have issues also. I will try your frame configuration when I have a spare blueprint slot. Maybe the offroad bumper helps by putting the center of gravity low and to the sides. Thanks for the advice for this issue.

I tried other parts.  Including Small Plows.  I have no idea why the Offroad Bumper works, while other parts don't, but I have no idea what's causing the glitch, either.  They work, there might be other parts that do even better, but I haven't found them yet.  

You're right, weight down low (I used a Chill, now it's a Maxwell) helps you not flip over when you do spin out, but it doesn't prevent spinning out.  Just the worst that can happen if you do.  I forgot to add that, though.  also, "doming" the top so the only flat area to come to rest is back on your tracks is a good idea.  A Dome is most stable on it's base, and tends to roll back onto it, rather than come to rest up-side down.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

Also, let me stress that frame is THE BARE MINIMUM.  Wider is better, and longer is better.  The more you spread apart the Small Tracks (Not tested with any other movement part) the less likely you are to spin out.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this