Bobbill12345

Rangefinder Module

So one interesting concept would be a module that, when you activate it takes 2 seconds and finds the exact distance to where your mouse is pointing. You should also make the cannon crosshair notches accurate so you can use the notches and compensate for bullet drop exactly with the range you got 

Another possible idea is to make scope have that range finding perk, and then as I said make the notches on the crosshairs fit the bullet drop, so you can accurately aim at a distance

This would really help turret weapons like mammoths work more effectively in combat, because right now it is hard to aim them past medium range, but with a rangefinder it will be much easier and should make turret cannons much more balanced compared to fixed angle cannons.

Edited by Bobbill12345
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I like the idea, but I doubt it'd be of any help for turret cannons. Turret cannons' problem to hit at endgame isn't the drop, but the massive spread that makes it impossible to line up any shot on a wiggling hover past 20 meters.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

it impossible to line up any shot on a wiggling hover past 20 meters.

lol maybe you but you also couldnt calculate with the rule of three so im not surprised

Edited by Beni_Stingray1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

lol maybe you but you also couldnt calculate with the rule of three so im not surprised

*sighs* You can keep following me around like a dog trying to spread your xxxx if you want. I'm absolutely sorry you humiliated yourself in that last thread by comparing Hovers to 2 years old non-ST bigfoots stats because you can't even read numbers lol. It's okay, you'll get over it. Now if you can excuse me, I have no time to lose with a cringe teen with an inflated ego :3. Plus it's CW time and maybe we'll meet that goliath mammoths team again with our hovers, they're free food.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

You learn distance and drop overtime, you dont need your hand held, cmon

Harder than it looks with things like mammoth, rangefinder would be very helpful in general, and not just for turret cannons 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, a Rangefinder Visor would be a great addition to the Neutrino (X-ray Scope) but I think I'd rather get the X-ray scope.  

You learn distance and drop overtime, you dont need your hand held, cmon.

No, but it helps speed up the process.  Which makes for faster accurate shots, and fewer misses.

Yaknow, what Artillery Sites are For?  

5 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

What?? no it does the opposite ffs, it adds an extra layer, an extra thing for you to have to look at and calculate, you should be doing this is your head yourself.

If you don't know the trajectories of your guns, then knowing the Range to the target is useless.  You'd still have to learn the travel time, and projectile drop of the cannons.  All of the cannons you use.  

It would also add to the Immersion, of going into a scope, and seeing something more like what modern Tank Gunners see.  

A lot of players in Crossout played World of Tanks, or World of Warships, (I played War Thunder) where we have options like this.  Based on the real-world modern systems that have them.

Also, how does this threaten you, personally?  If such a module existed, you wouldn't need it, and therefore wouldn't waste the Energy to mount it on your cabin.  So, it has 0 effect on you, other than an chance to tell someone to "Git güd."  As if you don't like every opportunity to tell other players that.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

I don't like games being dumbed down, brb.. i'll explain more later, if i can be bothered

Is it dumbing it down to give you a way to measure distance and ballistic drop accurately by quick thinking rather than gut feeling and habit, tho? They're not talking about an autoaim module.
I probably would try it with LBs for the lols because I like using them as a mcheap mandrake :p

59 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

They're not talking about an autoaim module.

We already have auto-aim, without a Module, on Cannons.  You just wait for the retical to stabilize, and move down.  It already compensates for some range, and drop (But it doesn't lead moving targets.)

I don't like games being dumbed down.

And yet, you claim this will "Dumb it down," when it won't.  You seem to hate every suggestion, or go after it, and look for the prejudiced view, that will make it not work.  Dumb down the game for everyone, or be OP.

Whatever excuse you come up with, just as long as the Devs don't change anything, that doesn't directly benefit you, it's "Dumbing down the game."

Like this is such an intellectual game, and forum to begin with.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

What?? no it does the opposite ffs, it adds an extra layer, an extra thing for you to have to look at and calculate, you should be doing this is your head yourself..

You will learn the distance from X hill to Y hill, or distance between certain areas and also the weapon you're using.

Trust me you do not want this, you do not want to become reliant on something that will take longer to calculate than those who simply learn it, especially when you lose the module and become worthless as you can no longer calculate the distance..

Trust me i've played so many games with bullet drop and travel as well as crosscut and simply leaning the distances via memory and gauging it is so much better and faster than relying on such a thing.. As a pure sniper in BF4 I used to grab the Barrett sniper all the time and never even knew it had a rangefinder until I just looked up a few clips a min ago ( i was gonna make gifs)..

I've played LB's, Mammoths and a tonne of Phoenix before, I know hoe drop works and the less steps you need to work it out the faster you'll be playing, which is key.

If you NEED it, fine. But you'll be slower than those who don't need it, and it'll show... This is coming from a pure sniper in BF4 and mostly BF3, many Pubg hours etc..

I'd show my stats but sadly the in-depth site i used closed down in October.. sad times.

But for real, don't dumb the game down anymore, holding players' hands ruins games.

This module will not dumb down the game, it will actually increase the skill required because now you aren’t just guessing where the bullet will drop, you have to accurately measure it, which in my opinion is harder than just straight up guessing. Then you have to properly use the sight to calculate for that drop, all of which requires skill of its own, and in the few seconds it took you to do that the target moves. As well as as others said, it’s not an auto-aim module, you will still have to lead the target, as well as in close and medium range it will be useless.

Edited by Bobbill12345

8 minutes ago, Xbox_M_420 said:

I've said so before, so congrats I guess 

Yes, but you must remember using the "So says the guy that's obviously triggered" argument, in the middle of this very tantrum.

Sauce for the gander.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

There is no guessing, its called learning you thick f*ck! 

There is Less skill you f*cking potato, you're literally saying your too f*cking dumb to learn so you want the game to hold your hand and TELL You how to aim, I'm so done, you're so stupid. 

Stupid people don't understand how stupid they are, why am I even trying ffs

Triggered

I am putting together a valid argument and you are just insulting, classic ldiot

I am not saying that I do not know how to aim without such module, I am saying that this module makes it more accurate and more precise, what you’re saying is like saying don’t use torero, just get good and learn how to aim without accuracy perks

And since when did I say that the game is gonna aim for me, all it does is tell me the distance so I know how much to raise the gun

Edited by Bobbill12345

I would add that ability to both scopes we have in the game already, would make sense and finally give some more use to them (granted the purple one is already used by scorp, but that's it).

• Upvote 2

I agree with xbox. How would you expect the same scope to tell you where every different weapons range is. Rockets, bolts, fixed angle cannons, 360 cannons, mandrakes, auto cannons  all have different bullet drops. I do not know if you  expect the scope to just put a number infront of you indicating the range , why would that matter anyways, or do you expect it to tell you approximately where your shell would land. 

The game does not need more hand holding its too easy

14 minutes ago, Electric_Circus said:

I agree with xbox. How would you expect the same scope to tell you where every different weapons range is.

It doesn't.  It tells you the Range to the Target.  How far away you are from them.  The weapons don't really change that, only how you apply that information.

Just like the little x marks in the Neutrino visor that tell you where the splodey bits are, only instead, they show you a Number.  Target is 275m away.

This wouldn't be for FNGs to auto-snipe with Avengers.  It would be for leet pros like you to lob Grenades, Barrels, and Artillery Shells at the enemy.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

Stupidity triggers me, I've said so before, so congrats I guess 

How do you survive looking into a mirror?

1 hour ago, sam93931 said:

I would add that ability to both scopes we have in the game already, would make sense and finally give some more use to them (granted the purple one is already used by scorp, but that's it).

Honestly, this is the best idea overall. I dont understand why this isnt a feature yet.

Also, all scopes could use magnitudes more durability.... something that has to be exposed like that and costs 1 energy shouldnt not be that fragile.

• Sad 1

Just now, ARES_IV said:

Also, all scopes could use magnitudes more durability.... something that has to be exposed like that and costs 1 energy shouldn't not be that fragile.

It's also a small target, so Damage Density is another issue.  Compared with Radars, which have huge hit-boxes.

I don't want to see Scope Armor replace Radarmor the way it replaced Decor armor.  The same exploiters are already talking about switching to Contacts, which are about the same size as Nutrinos, AND scopes extend your Enemy Detection radius, just like Radars do.  Fortunately, they also cost Energy, so there's an upward limit to how many you can use, but if there was a free Energy scope, they would abuse that, too.

This isn't the same thing as "Dumbing down" the game.  It's the opposite, making something that benefits the high ups, and they can horde away from the players that actually need more armor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

Honestly, this is the best idea overall. I dont understand why this isnt a feature yet.

Also, all scopes could use magnitudes more durability.... something that has to be exposed like that and costs 1 energy shouldnt not be that fragile

+1

I'm a c*nt but I'm not stupid

Are you sure?

• Haha 1

Oh yeah, and a Parallax Rangefinder could be about 6 squares wide, 1 square tall with lenses on either side.  You could put a 4 Wide Slope (Or APC slope) between them, but try to imagine a prism on each end with a beam splitter in the middle:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlx9crpWodQKAqY5vXsWR

That^ is an Inteferometer.  Sure, it could be a cute little button like Nutreno, too.  

Still, that rangefinder would be literally made of Glass, and real easy to pick off.  Half a cricket, or a cricket half buried behind a Wide Slope.  That's the part we're talking about.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

Ignorance really is bliss, trust me

Can you back up a single thing you say?

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

Oh yeah, and a Parallax Rangefinder could be about 6 squares wide, 1 square tall with lenses on either side.  You could put a 4 Wide Slope (Or APC slope) between them, but try to imagine a prism on each end with a beam splitter in the middle:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlx9crpWodQKAqY5vXsWR

That^ is an Inteferometer.  Sure, it could be a cute little button like Nutreno, too.  

Still, that rangefinder would be literally made of Glass, and real easy to pick off.  Half a cricket, or a cricket half buried behind a Wide Slope.  That's the part we're talking about.

Yes something like that would be a good idea 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 5:31 AM, Bobbill12345 said:

This would really help turret weapons like mammoths work more effectively in combat, because right now it is hard to aim them past medium range, but with a rangefinder it will be much easier and should make turret cannons much more balanced compared to fixed angle cannons.

Turret cannons have the advantage of being able to be put on heavily armoured vehicles as they don't rely on the maneuverability of the vehicle in order to aim, but fixed cannons do, it's a design trade-off, as it would be in any form of engineering. Thus they have the advantage in a short to medium range brawl. Plus turret cannons have the advantage of being able to drop shells behind hills, something you can't do at any range with a fixed cannon. 

Also there are so many things in game that you can already get an understanding of range from, if you have any radar or scope it projects a circle onto your minimap. If you see someone with synthesis/helios etc you can tell how far away they are by how far the projectiles are travelling (you only need to take an exhibition build into test drive to find this out now there are distance markers). Retchers are the same, they have a very definite max range at a specific trajectory.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. 

Drive across a map at 50kph and see how far you get in 7 seconds. That's 100m. It's easy to extrapolate from there. 

The size of the maps and the ranges of battles in this game don't require you to be aiming over miles of terrain, we're talking about 600, maybe 700 meters in some cases. 

For me the whole point of cannons is that they fit into the single shot, high damage style of play, and that by its nature is high risk, high reward. 

Cannons benefit from player experience, maybe more so than other types of weapons. It doesn't make sense to remove that. It also doesn't make sense that any other weapon would need this. Lots of weapons have projectile drop, rockets and autocannons for example. 

I just don't think adding more autoaim stuff into the game would be beneficial. The game is in a bad way at the moment and the last thing we need is more "easy modes". 

4 minutes ago, HoboWithARailgun said:

Turret cannons have the advantage of being able to be put on heavily armoured vehicles as they don't rely on the maneuverability of the vehicle in order to aim, but fixed cannons do, it's a design trade-off, as it would be in any form of engineering. Thus they have the advantage in a short to medium range brawl. Plus turret cannons have the advantage of being able to drop shells behind hills, something you can't do at any range with a fixed cannon.

As a class, they also have a lot more durability than their fixed counterparts.  The highest Durability in the game, the Mammoth is a TC.  This makes them harder to shoot off, but having to rotate 360 degrees, and depress without being obstructed by the vehicle is another builder's trade-off.  

Being fixed, regular cannons can also have more Armor put around them, without restricting their field of fire.  (It's already restricted.)  However, Fixed Cannons also have a lower Energy Cost, so that you can afford more modules, like Engines.  (The exception is Mandrake, which is Unique.)

17 minutes ago, HoboWithARailgun said:

Also there are so many things in game that you can already get an understanding of range from, if you have any radar or scope it projects a circle onto your minimap. If you see someone with synthesis/helios etc you can tell how far away they are by how far the projectiles are travelling (you only need to take an exhibition build into test drive to find this out now there are distance markers). Retchers are the same, they have a very definite max range at a specific trajectory.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. 

Drive across a map at 50kph and see how far you get in 7 seconds. That's 100m. It's easy to extrapolate from there. 

The size of the maps and the ranges of battles in this game don't require you to be aiming over miles of terrain, we're talking about 600, maybe 700 meters in some cases. 

For me the whole point of cannons is that they fit into the single shot, high damage style of play, and that by its nature is high risk, high reward. 

Cannons benefit from player experience, maybe more so than other types of weapons. It doesn't make sense to remove that. It also doesn't make sense that any other weapon would need this. Lots of weapons have projectile drop, rockets and autocannons for example. 

I just don't think adding more autoaim stuff into the game would be beneficial. The game is in a bad way at the moment and the last thing we need is more "easy modes". 

First of all, ITS NOT AN AUTO-AIM MODULE, JESUS. All it does is tells you the range, you still have to adjust for the range , and you still have to lead the target .

Second, the module I’m talking about gives you a PRECISE range, which would be very useful for sniping accurately instead of estimating.

Besides, fixed cannons are already so much better than turret cannons, they are not really balanced in comparison, since you can put fixed cannons on legs or hovers and ignore the limited firing angle

• Upvote 1

NOPE ... Just camp less!

• Confused 1