Bobbill12345

Rangefinder Module

There is no wrong way to play.  Nobody has to live up to your standards.  If people want it easy, they can have it easy, and you can kill them.

Every suggestion doesn't have to mete your approval, either.

Idiot.  They don't have to Try Hard to impress you.  You're not that special.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

People can play how they want to, I'm talking about balance and game experience and hoping to ensure that they stay at the levels that they should be.

No, you're not.  You're talking about Players, and how they take the "Easy" way.  You haven't said one thing that has anything to do with Balance.  Don't lie.

It's no more imba than Neutrino, which shows players how to kill each other.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

Not int his thread, no.

Then you're not talking about Balance.  Here, in this thread.  Don't lie.

For someone who hates laziness so much, you sure picked the safest spot, and easiest shot to make, on any map.  Not that you want it to be safe, and easy, for anyone.  Camper.

Ooh, you can hit the other hill, on Bridge?  Impressive!

That's like the most basic shot in the game.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

Just now, Xbox_M_422 said:

Want me to record matches for you? With dual LBs? 

Sure!  I'd actually watch it, and probably enjoy it.  Not many people run TCs at all, especially at high Power Scores, so it might even be a little different.

4 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

It's 6.9 (ew. 9) but it'll get up to 9ks, I'll see what my bud is doing, if he wants to do the heist then I'll be on that, if not I'll use my LB build, I might have a few games already recorded but I'll check later for that, long day

Honestly, I'm a little burned on Heist.  I've been playing it all day, for days, but whatever's clever.  Hell, a Test Run would show me your build, but a quick rando Mission would be just as quicker.

I'm actually, sincerely interested in your build.  Not your skillz, just because it's different.  Not many people play LBs any more, other than the lowbies that can't craft anything better.  (I prefer Judges, myself.)

8 minutes ago, Xbox_M_422 said:

I tried judges, they felt so weak for 5 energy and just eat through ammo, I have 2 cartridge rares and an epic ammo pack as it in in the LB build.

The Reload was what i liked about them, and the 6 Energy cost is what I least like about TCs.  The traverse is nice, and the Durability even nicer, but on a Growl, you can have a Judge, LB, and nothing else.  Or, 2 Judges, an Engine...

The ammo cap is a downside, so you have to make the shots count, but dual Judges was a lot of fun for me to play.

I'll look for your build there.

A rangefinder does not dumb down the game, look at warthunder for example, arcade battles have an auto rangefinder and in realistic you have one to use that takes a few seconds. However it is not overpowered and does not dumb down the game, and you know why? Because there are downsides, and it is not an auto aim module. For one, it takes 5 seconds to find the range, and if they move it’s all to waste. Second you have to apply that range which takes another second or 2. And if you do end up taking aim, you have to hope they don’t shoot first. This same sort of thing applies to crossout. By the time you find the range and adjust to it they could move, so you will have to use the rangefinders in situations where they probably won’t move or even try using it on the ground. Plus, it takes 1 energy. According to your logic meanwhile, scope makes the game dumbed down, because it just makes it easier to aim at a distance 

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2019 at 10:01 AM, Xbox_M_422 said:

That's literally my play style.. But i don't miss much because I've learnt the distances..

You shouldn't be missing fixed cannons if we're just talking about range drop off, cmon now..

No one needs it, people want it due to laziness or incompetence. If you're trash then you'll remain trash, no participation garbage please, if you want to play, and you're bad.. then you will play bad or learn otherwise, I really don't care how harsh that sounds but someone's gotta say it you know.

I play for the enjoyment of a game not yet completely ruined by the many factors of complacency, greed and laziness that plagues our gaming industry... albeit the greed is there a bit

Now you are just trying to boost your oversized ego, by saying you’re a super pro who doesn’t need a rangefinder while everyone else who wants a rangefinder is a nооb. Typical ad hominem from a person not competent enough to put together a valid argument.

How hard is it to get through your pea brain that the module has DISADVANTAGES to normal aiming. It has to SPEND TIME to find the range. And while you waste time finding the range and adjusting to it, someone who can aim well without a rangefinder will have gotten a shot off at you long ago

Edited by Bobbill12345
  • Upvote 1

On 12/15/2019 at 6:31 AM, Bobbill12345 said:

So one interesting concept would be a module that, when you activate it takes 2 seconds and finds the exact distance to where your mouse is pointing. You should also make the cannon crosshair notches accurate so you can use the notches and compensate for bullet drop exactly with the range you got 

Another possible idea is to make scope have that range finding perk, and then as I said make the notches on the crosshairs fit the bullet drop, so you can accurately aim at a distance

This would really help turret weapons like mammoths work more effectively in combat, because right now it is hard to aim them past medium range, but with a rangefinder it will be much easier and should make turret cannons much more balanced compared to fixed angle cannons.

https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-german-ww2-1m-stereoscopic-rangefinder-model-1936-enfernungsmesser-r36?variant=26171843461

https://www.ima-usa.com/products/original-british-wwii-barr-and-stroud-field-rangefinder-issued-to-danish-army?variant=25652767941

Those two are ww2 tech. There is probably a soviet and an US version of this too. This could be a white quality module even, with newer and more advanced models for the higher tiers. Tbh, I don't see the problem with such modules. Only question is should it be a priority for the devs. Atm I would say there are other stuff that are more important.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Only question is should it be a priority for the devs. Atm I would say there are other stuff that are more important.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, all scopes should tell you the range to the current targeted point.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

Honestly, all scopes should tell you the range to the current targeted point.

It would also be nice if the targeting reticle would show the drop for each notch.

4 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

It would also be nice if the targeting reticle would show the drop for each notch.

You are asking for a lot out of a scope. This is hand holding plain and simple. i do not see why i visual 321m away is required at all.

How would it tell you the drop for each weapon if you had a mammoth and tsunami for example.

1 minute ago, Babylonsburning said:

How would it tell you the drop for each weapon if you had a mammoth and tsunami for example

It won't. It's up to the player to have either two mammoths or two tsunamis for accurate readings

2 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

i do not see why i visual 321m away is required at all.

Well, you could have a marking for  100m, 200m, 300m etc. etc.

8 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

How would it tell you the drop for each weapon if you had a mammoth and tsunami for example.

This is something the game already does, only close up.  Adjust the targeting reticle for 2 different guns, when they differ.  You can see 2 different reticles when you get close enough that the 2 guns can't find the same point of impact.

I'd rather see a new part than add the Rangefinder function to both existing Visors.  Then, there would be a reason to use the Parallax, (or whatever they call the new visor) instead of the X-ray scope.  You could have both, but it would cost 2 Energy.

Also, I still don't see how adding a Rangefinder would be any more "Hand Holding" than an X-ray scope that shows you where the vital spots are, and mark them with Xes for you to put your targeting retical over.  We already have that, it's called Neutrino, and nobody uses it.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

Hunting is not an easy thing to do and you really need the right equipment to do it. I really am amazed that some people still hunt with bow and arrow and those people are amazing. I would love to have that kind of skill one day, but for now I'm sticking to my riffle. Even hunting with rifles was hard for me until I found a really good HD scope and laser rangefinder. Rangefinder that I have is ATN LaserBallistics 1500 and it is great. It is recoil resistant and it can be used for 12h straight because it's battery is really good.

Edited by NickWhittle

On 12/15/2019 at 5:31 AM, Bobbill12345 said:

So one interesting concept would be a module that, when you activate it takes 2 seconds and finds the exact distance to where your mouse is pointing. You should also make the cannon crosshair notches accurate so you can use the notches and compensate for bullet drop exactly with the range you got 

Another possible idea is to make scope have that range finding perk, and then as I said make the notches on the crosshairs fit the bullet drop, so you can accurately aim at a distance

This would really help turret weapons like mammoths work more effectively in combat, because right now it is hard to aim them past medium range, but with a rangefinder it will be much easier and should make turret cannons much more balanced compared to fixed angle cannons.

scorps dont need a buff and part of what makes cannons require skill is the drop off 

I don't have a problem with manual range finding on my shots, but maybe it should be an addition to the neutrino, it is a scope after all, just being able to see a target bigger doesn't make it a scope haha

On 12/22/2019 at 1:59 PM, psiberzerker said:

This is something the game already does, only close up.  Adjust the targeting reticle for 2 different guns, when they differ.  You can see 2 different reticles when you get close enough that the 2 guns can't find the same point of impact.

I'd rather see a new part than add the Rangefinder function to both existing Visors.  Then, there would be a reason to use the Parallax, (or whatever they call the new visor) instead of the X-ray scope.  You could have both, but it would cost 2 Energy.

Also, I still don't see how adding a Rangefinder would be any more "Hand Holding" than an X-ray scope that shows you where the vital spots are, and mark them with Xes for you to put your targeting retical over.  We already have that, it's called Neutrino, and nobody uses it.

ohhhh a neutrino+minigun build could be fun... get in close and burn a hole to their juicy bits >:)

18 minutes ago, berkayxj8 said:

İ was a mortar crewmen in army.

I was a Fluid Power Field Technician, and I worked on a Self Propelled Mortar.  (Among others.)   Trained on it at Fort Sill.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ZKWS said:

scorps dont need a buff and part of what makes cannons require skill is the drop off 

Scorps don't have bullet drop lmao

Its uselss for them

4 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I was a Fluid Power Field Technician, and I worked on a Self Propelled Mortar.  (Among others.)   Trained on it at Fort Sill.

İ was at 59th Artillery Brigade Training Branch  as drill sergeant Turkey / Erzincan(after i complete my green horn training , 6 months of mandatory military service)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, berkayxj8 said:

İ was at 59th Artillery Brigade Training Branch  as drill sergeant Turkey / Erzincan(after i complete my green horn training , 6 months of mandatory military service)

You guys use any M1064s?  That's the one I trained on.  In the Field, I actually worked on Engineer's Vehicles, mostly.  Got to ride around in the Panhard VBL, best armored car ever made, you ask me.

9 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

What does that mean?

• Upvote 1