Bobbill12345

Rangefinder Module

10 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

You guys use any M1064s

We had T-155 ,M115,M101,M114 and M116 laying aroud and i have trained on an local modification of M29 mortar... Other squads had 106mm m30 and 120 mm mortar too... My battalion actually linked to 3th biggest army corps so we even had mlrs , 35mm oerlikon aa , rheinmetall rh202 aa and radars too... Basically everything related to ballistic shooting ...  We had different divisions altogether Mortar , spa,spaa, towed mortar and towed artillery division with scout/fire control division 3500+ personnel +higher ups 

6 hours ago, Alice_Accord said:

What does that mean?

Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Vacuum powered systems.  Basically anything with hoses, instead of wires. 

16 minutes ago, berkayxj8 said:

We had T-155...

Oh, you're Turkish Army.  Sorry, I thought you're American Army stationed in Turkey, because your English is so good.  (No offense to Turks.)  I went through there, but I don't remember it very well.  Pretty much got to see the flightline, billet, and BX.  Never actually seen a T-155.  

My battalion actually linked to 3th biggest army corps so we even had mlrs , 35mm oerlikon aa , rheinmetall rh202 aa and radars too.

Love the Oerlikons.  Probably my favorite Autocannon is the 20mmOerlikon,  Got to play with some 35mms in the AAA config.  Well, when I say "Play," I got to stand there with the clamshells over my ears, and watch the AAA boys play with them.  Return springs instead of Hydraulic recoil buffers with Accumulators, like the 120mm Mortar bolted to the floor of a gutted APC.  

We had different divisions altogether Mortar , spa,spaa, towed mortar and towed artillery division with scout/fire control division 3500+ personnel +higher ups 

Yeah, US yanks like to be special, so we don't call anything what it is.  An SPG was a "Gun: Motor Carriage" in the World Wars, and now we call a Self Propelled Mortar a "Mortar Carrier."  Uncle Sam want's you, but he'll mess with your head.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alice_Accord said:
15 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I was a fluid fluffer, and I worked on mandingo.  (Among others.)   Trained at home.

What does that mean?

Pretty much what i read, always a 1 up random story

6 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

Pretty much what i read, always a 1 up random story

Talking shop.  Honestly, a DI responsible for training an entire Artillery Battalion outranks a field tech that trained on a Mortar Carrier once.  If I wanted to 1-up him, I'd lie.

You guys haven't spent a lot of time around Vets, apparently.  It's like almost no actual War Stories, because those tend to be traumatic, and trigger our PTSD.  Instead, we talk shop.  Rice-boys brag, and try to one-up each other.

Oh yeah, and Gamers, too.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1

Lancelots used to function well as a rage-finder module :crazy:

I like the idea of a rangefinder scope, but I can’t quite picture what that would look like on console. 
I guess you could set it up so that if you put your crosshairs on a target using the scope, all projectile weapons would calculate their bullet drop automatically, but there would have to be a delay before it kicked in or it would be abused.

17 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I like the idea of a rangefinder scope, but I can’t quite picture what that would look like on console. 

Honestly, it would just be a number that popped up in your HUD, when you're scoped in.  Like many other games (Armored Core comes to mind) that has Range as part of their UI.  I wouldn't want it to Auto-aim for me (Like the FCS on a Abrams) just tell me what the range is, so I know how much to hold over on the Reticle.

3 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Talking shop.  Honestly, a DI responsible for training an entire Artillery Battalion outranks a field tech that trained on a Mortar Carrier once.  If I wanted to 1-up him, I'd lie.

Do you know what hurts me the most? İ could be rolled as a Lieutenant from start but İn Turkish military every person with a 4 year Bachelor degree is basically reserve officer so when your time comes Government randomly draws names and send them directly as a lieutenant (after boot camp) with a really thick salary for 1 year mandatory service ... But my name wasn't in the list so i have completed my service as a sergeant(1 month boot camp 2 month corporal 3 month sergeant)... İ could buy the motorbike , pc and new cellphone with that salary ..