DocSavage

Le Sauvage Coup de Jour

25 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

That WWT one kinda does, too.

That one seems to need some refining, but the others seem to work like I think they were intended. I'm gonna whittle on that one a bit and when I'm done it will probably look even more like one of Crossout's offspring than mine. I'm liking the Auto-cannons for it and I did try drones, but it didn't seem to mix right, unless I go all drones, then it does and has (Pinkus Finkus). I am still bent on pushing my own flavor into these rigs, I suppose, but I do want to try and put hardware that complements the cabs. I'm sure the developers had particular builds in their vision, but they also do some wonky things on purpose so their bots have an obviously exploitable vulnerability. I don't want to copy that....I'm off to the garage.

Here's a question, if you happen by this thread; I was working on that VW like I said, and the issue I'm trying to overcome is the recoil on those Auto-cannons. It seems like they might not be a good fit. The cabin is tall and wobbly, and I think that's the deal, because I don't have that issue with Auto-cannons on other cabs as much. The other thing is trying to get them both out of a straight line, but that's not a big deal, nor is it what's holding this rig back (other than how vanilla it all is). Anyway here it is; I was wondering if half tracks would dampen this problem significantly.  It's a chunk of change if I bought them, and there are two different kinds on the market, neither of which I am familiar with. I lean towards wanting the faster brand, but I don't hate winning every once in a while either. This thing isn't going to be fast anyway. I'm not chasing anybody, but I am getting kills. I like that. I like the chase though too, but that's not what this thing wants to do. I wanted half tracks anyway, and I've got the dough for a pair, but the market...who knows what it's going to do in the next few days. I'm miserly, afraid to spend the cash and be disappointed, and I think some advice could minimize the risk. The other thing I don't have is those APC Wheels the Steppenwolf's offer. Since logically, this issue would be right up their ally (heavy recoil weapons), I thought they might offer a budget remedy. I know logic isn't necessarily what drives this game. SO, you think I should try different guns, er maybe different motivators? The Com-bots like energy weapons for this thing, I think, but I think I see them on quad half-tracks usually. I'm not gonna get four, but I could swing two, and the APC's would be a lot cheaper, But I don't see that application (APC's) with this cab out in the wild very often, or I hadn't noticed. I see tracks.

Edited by DocSavage

Armored Tracks.  Best all around, they're not Too slow.  Also, the Golden Eagle should still be fairly cheap.  

The problem is high center of gravity, and there's really no way around it with those crappy cabins.

• Upvote 1

Had a little fun with this Wyvern tonight. I earned $5 by taste testing a fancy all natural dog-treat, so I bought this CK. I like it. The dog treat wasn't that bad either, but I'm glad I had the rum to complement it. True story.
It's basically just the sprinter set up I had going, but I wanted to try out the CK and the wheels. I spend a of of my coins on paint, but I actually do like most of Crossout's natural textures.

S4V463-017.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I am so tempted by that CK pack.  I love the McArther Growl so much, but it's a lot of money, and I know I could spend that money on more useful stuff.  My husband would be pissed, we need food, yadda yadda...

But it looks so good!

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

Drone Patrol_SVRE001_N

This entry is largely only remarkable only because I caught a screenshot of it neutralizing it's preferred target, and it was on hovers. I still think she's pretty, but I didn't believe at the time that I had her dressed that tight. This is a build that I feel maybe I don't have the right parts for yet, or I just haven't quite discovered yet.

I fell in love with the 57 Chevy Belair a long time ago. The first one I saw (remember) was at a dirt track stock car race back when I was a runt. I'd never seen a stock car race before, and this was close, loud, and full contact more than a couple times. I was scarred for life. That dented brown Chevy with it's white number 7 spray canned on it's side has been stuck in my head nearly my entire life. When I think car, that's what I want to believe. So, I've been trying to express that in Crossout since I started playing. I'll get it right one day.

Anyhu...Since there's been this big huff lately about Hovers being OP (whatever), and to add to that there is an actual drone plague going on that I've been trying to build counters to, I thought this was worth a capture. That's a Hover build in my tracks, with drones, completely neutralized (except his damn horn) by yours truly; Two Sledgehammers and a lupra, with a cooler in back. Nothing special (I still think she's pretty) on that rig. Point is: Hovers (whatever). It's his drones that beat my 455 (almost).

I've got nothing against hovers. They look fun as H3LL, but I'm not there yet. I've got a long way to go before I have the gear to sport those proper, I think. My point is that all the whining about hovers seems unfounded to me. I don't get it. I think they're fine the way they are, but I don't see them that often, frankly. IDK. Not my problem.

Full Disclosure: I did not get to make the kill here (ARGH, but LOL). I was about to give the poor critter a final burst and put it down, but it honked at me at the last moment. That's when I recognized the name. It was this dude I had rolled with a couple times in previous matches. The match before I had grouped up with him and had a blast. He also had a rolling shotgun build before, so I didn't recognize him at first, and he was the enemy now, too. Well, that short moment I spent grabbing the screenshot and then returning the honk was just too long. As I circled back around and right as my horn finished it's song, my finger went for the trigger, and his team mate popped me with a perfect stealth joust. It was probably funnier on his side (they won too, meh), but I had to laugh. This game can be a lot of fun sometimes.
:014:...and a friendly shout out to my travel buddy on shotguns and my enemy on Hovers: Hey, Hay!

S4V463-DronePatrol-01.jpg

Edited by DocSavage

Because pew-pew isn't my thing, I wanted to see if I could survive the new update old-school. I rolled this out on the test server this morning among all the lasers and flying spaceships with lasers, and even lasers (no kidding) with lasers. Whatever. If that's what you like, that's what you like. Pew-pew? I like recoil and gun powder, and the crack of a deer-rifle echoing off the mountain. I lamented my first impressions of the latest update. There's very little there for me. But, this game is pretty rich with content that I do like. I'm not sure I'd survive if the game changed direction too far, and I was forced to adapt to using lasers (pew-pew).

I didn't think I'd like the Jawbreaker, but I tried it because Lemmy said so. Who wouldn't? It did better than just survive the onslaught of next generation Crossout addicts. It tore it up on the test server. The Jawbreaker isn't fused but all the guns are. It does have a gas generator in the back, and without that the rest of it wouldn't work. My point is; that is basically entry level, free-to play content (grind), other than the ck, and for that I thank the developers. It can be done. There is hope for the "new" guy, and I had fun...again. I had more fun on the test server this morning with my old-school monster-mobile, than I did with the new stuff yesterday, but I do like the new cab. It's handsome.

Point is; I'm an old man, and I'm afraid of becoming obsolete (too concise). I'm glad to have found that the developers left me a place among the whipper-snappers (pew-pew). I like my gun-powder and grease.

S4V463-018.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 2

Without the ck it's a pretty boring and blank cab, but it's probably supposed to be buried in armored tracks. I'm almost to the point where I can craft one set of those tracks you suggested, and by the time I get the resources for the other side I should have a few more parts from the Steppenwolf's (currently level 4) and Scavenger's Faction (level 10) to build some kind of proper heavy build. In fact, I'm almost to tip the scale on my rank with the Steppenwolf's Faction, and I get more stuff at level five. Kids are gone, too. I'm gonna grind it over. I wonder if that thing will do as well in gen-pop as is did on the test server? I'm guessing no, but here I go anyway.

Jawbreaker+Armored Tracks is full of win.  The best part is the wheel wells can be packed with all kinds of stuff you don't want to get shot up.

I'm like halfway through level 8 Scavengers.  This time around, I don't really have much use for Hans (I came over from War Thunder, so my last Playthrough was Scavs>Steppinwolfs Tankety Tank-TANK)  Great perks for Durability, though.  I didn't have Bastion, either (It was still a Knight Rider's exclusive.)

Edited by psiberzerker

4 hours ago, DocSavage said:

I didn't think I'd like the Jawbreaker, but I tried it because Lemmy said so. Who wouldn't? It did better than just survive the onslaught of next generation Crossout addicts. It tore it up on the test server. The Jawbreaker isn't fused but all the guns are. It does have a gas generator in the back, and without that the rest of it wouldn't work. My point is; that is basically entry level, free-to play content (grind), other than the ck, and for that I thank the developers. It can be done. There is hope for the "new" guy, and I had fun...again. I had more fun on the test server this morning with my old-school monster-mobile, than I did with the new stuff yesterday, but I do like the new cab. It's handsome.

Point is; I'm an old man, and I'm afraid of becoming obsolete (too concise). I'm glad to have found that the developers left me a place among the whipper-snappers (pew-pew). I like my gun-powder and grease.

Damn, I think I'm gonna have to whip up a new Jawbreaker build too now :) 

Can't say I'm fond of too many pew pew guns myself either, but the nail gun looks nice enough and will be of an accessible rarity. I hope the tide will turn and next time we'll get some old school weaponry too, although those "special" upgrades to existing weapons are not too bad either.

The free low and medium level content has truly its merits, I usually find myself having the most fun with builds that feature one Legendary and the rest epic, but going just blue is a lots of fun as well. Reminds a long-term player of the beginnings, when he found out something new every day :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

I hope the tide will turn and next time we'll get some old school weaponry too.

The Knechte where traditionally Revolvers, and Crossbows.  (WTF they were doing with Photon in the first place is a bit of a mystery, though.)  Of course, who knows when we'll see them again, huh?

Edited by psiberzerker

15 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

the nail gun looks nice enough and will be of an accessible rarity.

That is an amusing piece, I don't recall it's rarity level, or it being very effective or not. Yesterday I ran a mix of the new stuff just to see it all go. I didn't do bad with the new stuff. It was just not my speed, and I didn't focus much on the nail guns. Mostly, I ran the rig below. I do like the new cab, and I can see it sporting some nail guns with plenty of Home Depot style. I could go there. I can almost smell the saw dust when I think about it. To me it looks like it's made for the Harvester (obviously), but it's too slow to surprise anything other than corn, probably. Tomorrow I'll give the new stuff another go and roll out something with Nail-guns. You're right, I think, those deserve a closer look.

S4V463-019.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

To me it looks like it's made for the Harvester (obviously), but it's too slow to surprise anything other than corn, probably. 

S4V463-019.jpg

Yeah, that's really good! 

You know what that thing needs?  A harvester.

• Upvote 1

Been struggling to enjoy this game for about a week now. They must have changed something, because nothing I do results in a win ever. It's been a week of getting crushed by bigger fish with fancier stuff, over, and over, and over. Not fun. It doesn't matter what I build, the other guy always has the next level gear. The Harvester plague is why I quit last time, and I see that making a come back, as well. Pretty miserable game play, and toxic forum too. Amateur, schit management is what it looks like, or a drug problem. The games sucks in so many different unreasonable directions right now it's a bit of a spectacle. Maybe they'll pull it together, but I doubt it. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm glad I had fun while it lasted, and I always felt like that fun would be the brief anomaly it was. It takes a special kind of genius (Alex, WTF?)  to make a game this cool so miserable, but that has always been what these people where best at; snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Whatever. Fugh-it. I'm done. Maybe they update will fix it (lol). We'll see. Laters.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well, that wasn't as long as I thought. It felt like forever, though. I'm such a Crossout junkie. Not playing, even when I know it's awful, is so hard. I hate it when this game sucks. There are some alternatives milling around out there, but nothing touches this game when it's hot. I don't think very-many-bodies have a solid grasp on how hard a game like this is to develop. Too many statistics. It's mind boggling.

Anyway, I got some Hovers (whatever). So wow, what is this world coming to? Full disclosure: I also own several drones and I built a drone-boat too (I know. I'm such a hypocrite)...I really couldn't stay away and I found myself rationalizing away why I shouldn't just log on and maybe just build something...I'll just stay in the garage, though (I thought)...well' now I have to test what I built...so maybe I'll just do an easy copper-raid...or Adventure Mode...definitely no PVP, though...well, maybe just one, but that's it...OK, maybe two...I'm pathetic. Whatever

Anyhu...here she is; my Whatever. I like it pretty good, but I can't carry every-bady in normal raids with it...yet. It would help if those green-horns (did I really just say that?) would mind the objectives and quit horsing around with the kill-gobbling...I digress. Building around hovers is next level shizznit, it would appear. Center of gravity is so important. You can slough that off on tires, but with hovers there's more going on. This works pretty good, though. I've survived a few, and snatched several kills here and there too. It needs more advanced guns, maybe, but the Fused-Vectors are working fine post update. I was worried about them dropping the altitude on Hovers, because I've been trying to tuck the guns underneath my rigs due to the drone epidemic. I was glad to see I still could. I really don't know what they changed, but these seem to work fine, and even after a wing or two gets blown off it's not too hard to balance and still fly. I built it more with raids in mind, but I've done OK in PVP with it too...Oh-ya, because my son's into pirates, I thought I'd give'er a wooden leg.

Savage-0001.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1

Sweet!  Hovers keep you honest with Auto-cannons, because Climb.  Especially the one on top, behind the cabin, with all that weight overhanging.  If you don't limit yourself to semi-auto, and double-taps, most of your shots just go in the air.

Looking good, though!

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

So, here's some of the stuff I built today. I wish I had more blueprint storage I haven't had a chance to try out that shot-gun build much. It seems pretty main-stream (meta?) to me. I've been killed a hundred times by similar builds. I need to work on the hovers. I'm not finding them to be as "OP" as everybody says they are. They're hard to build around, and wonky hovers don't survive long out there. I'll have spent a lot of hours on the drawing board before I get the killing machine I keep hearing about. I'll probably need better guns too. It's hard to keep the power-score down to a level that complements the nerf-guns I have in my arsenal. It's a challenging enigma, but I'm I'm enjoying the lab work.

Savage-0002x4.jpg

• Like 1

188BD3DB664B69B4DC8CFCDA8ACA7D89762F3F92

It ain't pretty, but it's a monster!  When I shot through to that last Hot Red, I got the biggest thrill, so far playing this game.

I'm seriously considering going back to Shotgun Wedge.  I forgot just how fun it really is!

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

I Liked the mini-guns from the start, I still can't get the hang of cannons, and I ended up using a lot of shot-guns, because of self defense and survival. Suicide as game strategy isn't my style, so I've never explored the jousting element in this game. I guess I should. I certainly feel the frustration with this game that might lead to that play style. I do drones instead. It feels like giving up too...then I quit and uninstall (it's the only way I can actually stop playing).

Mini-guns got nerfed a while back and you have to fuse them now to restore them back to their original effectiveness, so I couldn't use them much outside of copper raids. Here at Crossout, aim-bots and seal clubbing are a feature not an exploit. But, now that I have my fusion-blues in order, things are a little better. This game has a lot of variables to sort out, and they mix it up a bit too.

Anyway, here's where I am this morning: "The Newbein' Deluxe." It's the truck I wish I had when I started. Obviously, it's basically the starter-truck with quality parts instead of the crap that comes in the box. I was surprised at how well it did the first time out; three kills and survival-gas (yay!). I sold my hovers (whatever) and bought these Big-feet (foots?). I know; sad. But, the hover's perk removes a lot of what I like about this game; the kinetics. I like the "feel" of the road under my tires and the landscape pushing back when I come off a hill. I like the drift of tires, and the sounds of stressed metal, and rubber skidding. The hovers soften all that. Less rider feed back, as bikers put it. The price on Big-Feets dropped so I swapped. I think this is more my speed, but I did like building around hovers, and I like fast. I will get another set in the future...but for now...

Savage-0006.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I still can't get the hang of cannons, and I ended up using a lot of shot-guns, because of self defense and survival.

Well, you'll get the hang of it, eventually.  Just clearing Cannon Day takes a while, so it seems to go faster if you just work on a Cannon Build, test it in Missions, and go back to drawing board to use what you learned.  Rinse, repeat, it takes a couple days, and this should be a good weekend, with players grinding Faction rewards.

I like Aurora, and [Cannon]  Whatever cannon you can afford, it works fine with Avenger for low level play, Judge, Executioner, and my personal favorite:  Quazar, because it benefits from my Photon, Jade et al.  The point is you have basically a minigun to warm them up while your main weapon reloads, and that makes the Cannon shots more effective.

Rinse, repeat...

• Upvote 1

I've got a "Hulk" in the shop right now. I haven't tried that one yet. I just gave up two judges to the market and a bunch of other shiz for my tank/Auger project. I'll have to be pretty fortunate to get the Corvo for my target warmer. That would be a nice bonus. The Augers are just going to happen, even if they are glitchy. Maybe they'll fix'em one day (soon?). I'll work around it. Monkey says so.Maybe after dinner my market items will have cleared...then I switch to market predator. I'll need some good deals.