DocSavage

Le Sauvage Coup de Jour

SO, I heard their was fresh paint.  "Ravens,"  eh? Well, I'm glad it didn't have more of an event tied to it. The grind these people call "fun" and "free" here can be pretty tedious, so I'm glad they didn't get more involved with this thing and turn it into one of their regular WTFs.

I like the paints, but I've lost interest in chasing the dragon over their new and improved weapons hustle. Whatever. If you don't fuse'em they're worthless, I'm sure, and I'm not grinding out three of anything. I don't need more chores, thanks...but I like the Ravens; classic CrossOut, no pew-pew. That's my flavor...mostly

Anywho, here's my build in honor of the event (it's been a while):

At first the odd style of the Raven's jacked-up profile threw me off, but I grew to like it. I got both paints, and I wanted to sport them both on this ride, because it was an homage to the Ravens, but I like it better with the red underneath.

SavageSteel-003.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DocSavage said:

SO, I heard their was fresh paint.  "Ravens,"  eh? Well, I'm glad it didn't have more of an event tied to it. The grind these people call "fun" and "free" here can be pretty tedious, so I'm glad they didn't get more involved with this thing and turn it into one of their regular WTFs.

I like the paints, but I've lost interest in chasing the dragon over their new and improved weapons hustle. Whatever. If you don't fuse'em they're worthless, I'm sure, and I'm not grinding out three of anything. I don't need more chores, thanks...but I like the Ravens; classic CrossOut, no pew-pew. That's my flavor...mostly

Anywho, here's my build in honor of the event (it's been a while):

At first the odd style of the Raven's jacked-up profile threw me off, but I grew to like it. I got both paints, and I wanted to sport them both on this ride, because it was an homage to the Ravens, but I like it better with the red underneath.

SavageSteel-003.jpg

Yeah Ravens seem stylish bunch of people,very much thr TRVE wastelanders without space tech nonsense. 

Thats the Damascus paint right? I though about grinding for it but it was pretty elaborate to me, to be "just" a paint but the iron cross paint i managed to get but damn, i cant get one single cross out of it, in any part,but instead tons of em, and i guess its some modern day overly sensitive bs reason why the paint acts like that. 

Nice build but hey, you seem to always come up with nice crafts.  That looks a lot like builds i thought crossout battles would be contain a lot. Way cool.

• Thanks 1

Well, I said my next build would go "pew-pew," and so it does. Since the sci-fi thing was getting a lot of friction on the forum, and It's not really my gig, I decided to give it a shot like I said I would, just to see what it was about. The first thing I learned was that there really aren't that many entry level sci-fi goodies available to build with. The next thing I learned was what an awful grind I was looking at to build something alien. The crafting is a little jacked up, I think, and so I had to sell some stuff...good stuff...but whatever. Now I have Mad Max and a little H.G. Wells in my garage. I think I like it. It treated me well. I'll probably roll this one around for a while...and I like the pass-through wheels. That's nifty.

I was hoping the next Battle-Pass/update/event would feed the game a little alien-tech that I could use to start my Area-51 Collection. I saved a little coin to bump some resources around with for when it does get released, but not much. I'll get the pass if it'll feed my monkey proper. The last one was alright. I liked it, but it wasn't really my style (Tonka), and I don't use much of the stuff. I know a lot of folks like that nail-gun, but I haven't had much luck with it. I do better with this rig here than anything I've built with those nail-guns. I actually like this thing pretty good. I'm might be doing more of this sci-fi thing...I'm thinking legs, maybe.

SavageSteel-004.jpg

Edit: I actually do use the body parts from the Founders event a lot. They're pretty nice, and I'm using one right up front on this build, so; oops?

I also like the CKs for the wheels. It was well worth the subscription. My monkey got fat. Forgetful too, I guess.

Edited by DocSavage
Obvious contradiction
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have to admit that Syntheses are really good looking guns.  Better looking than Prometheus, and Helios.  I really wish they were better in combat, but this is an Art Build thread, so good call on the weapons.  

I think it looks more Art Deco than Gigeresque.

d683ba87b3f405aa61cac15ab39b335c.jpg

However, Giger was influenced by Bauhaus, and had some works (Sculptures) that could be described as Neo-Gothic Art Deco. 

313623.webp

In many ways Bauhaus was a German (And Teutonic European) extrapolation of Art Deco, which was a more American expression of Neo-Gothic.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 2

I'm digging it. Looks like a nice blend of retro-futuristic and post-apocalyptic visuals. Like Mad Max, but the concept art was done by Syd Mead.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Maybe H.R. Giger would like that too.

I do have some Giger-ish Ideas and I am a fan. I have a vision I've been working on that does come across with heavier Giger vibes, but I can't seem to get the front end right. I'm missing something (kills). I still don't have all the faction parts, so maybe it will fall out of something somewhere (maybe this upcoming event) and I'll get it to work.  Giger is a trip. He's earned a solid spot in the world of sci-fi, IMO. Like a psycho-sexual scar on my id, or an alien brain parasite. You can't un-see that stuff once you notice what's going on....anyway, thanks for petting the monkey. He gets so sad sometimes.

I've emptied most of the slots in my garage, so I probably ought to find a dark corner for a little Giger to slither about in. I'm keeping this Sprinter for now, and I'll set it aside (it's my only pew-pew) and I'll try and cultivate that Xenomorph thing I have growing in the lab. I am going to try and flesh this sci-fi thing out a bit (I'm getting a kick out of the challenge), but it looks like a long term hobby that I'll have to stretch and grow to reach for. The comments here and on the forum help shape my ambition frequently. Sometimes they lure me out of my comfort zone(pew-pew), but Giger is a familiar haunt, and the reference will help remind me that I do really like sci-fi and maybe give me direction on which way to aim my grind for progress...I also want to explore the jousting thing at some point, too (those guys P155 me off pretty often).

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 1

I couldn't get the Giger out until it got off. Now I can go back to what I was doing before...just grinding copper for fun (and waiting for Doomsday), which this thing is good for. It's fast if nothing else.

SavageSteel-005.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The Hydraulic Lines, and hydraulic Adaptor decors seem pretty obviously to give that Gigeresque/Lovecrafty quality.

9dc66087f451f07b9fc01e010b72857f.jpg

Harkonnen Chair (From Dune) and the one above is Birth Machine, if you want to look it up.

My profile picture/Banner was Birth Machine, in photonegative for quite a while.

10341512_955685734476533_776502784400712

• Like 1

Damn, never really saw any Giger in the Nomad parts, but now I totally do with that cool build of yours, especially with that Golden Eagle back there. You just made the Nomad structure parts a bit more interesting.

53 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

and waiting for Doomsday

2012 didn't work out too well, but 2020 is looking good so far :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

never really saw any Giger in the Nomad parts

Giger: Once you see it, you can't un-see it.

Eventually I'll get one that can do scrap. The H.G. Wells thing I did does pretty well in gen-pop, though. I made a couple minor changes to it and I actually harvested 5 kills in one match with it (still lost the match though. WTF team?). I'm liking those Pew-shooters enough to consider fusion. I'm wanting the cannon now, too...I may have picked up a mild addiction. I want to blow the rest of my coin (not much) on the project, but I'm trying to wait for the event. I hoping it will launch this sci-fi project into a sustainable orbit, but the video I saw focused more on the Firestarter parts. There's a lot in it, and I'm anxious to break open the box.

I'm wanting legs or hovers, but I'm not willing to sell my tracks to get'em. I feel like I need my old-school clankity-tank as a standard bearer in my line up. It was harder to build than I thought it would be, and now that I have one I don't want to let it go. I'm not big on tank builds (I've proclaimed that I hate'em), but they have tank events periodically and I suck with cannons, so I like to roll it out every now and then to practice. I'm not sure if I've posted this one. It's nothing special to look at. Basic tank. Boring maybe, but here it is (just for the record):SavageSteel-006.jpg.033f5b1552d104800197

I'm not sure what I'll build today. Maybe, I'll hit the forum and scrounge up and idea. Maybe, I'll just do something stupid.

19 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Birth Machine, if you want to look it up.

You know, Psy, I looked up the profile pic you were using before (face-palm from hell) as it looked like Giger but I wasn't sure it was, and I couldn't find it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

You know, Psy, I looked up the profile pic you were using before (face-palm from hell) as it looked like Giger but I wasn't sure it was, and I couldn't find it.

I don't remember the name either, she's one of his earlier ones (When he started doing Gynids.)  I'll see what I can do...

Oh, right.  It was the poster- art for a movie called Future Kill:

Future-kill.jpg

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

but I'm not willing to sell my tracks to get'em.

Hang on those, according to last TS, they should be getting a bump in max speed tomorrow! +10 kmph to max speed and a little faster acceleration.

There's also gonna be that laser shotgun, so that might do the trick for you since you seem to be enjoying those Junkbows. So now you'll have pew pew junkbows.

7 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

Giger: Once you see it, you can't un-see it.

Yup, that's one thing that you will easily recognize after seeing the artworks just once. I visited the Giger cafe and museum in Switzerland a couple of years ago, but the place was so packed I couldn't get a proper look at almost anything in there, but it was still very interesting to say the least. As they say, "If you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss shall also gaze into you." H.R. Giger gazed into the abyss and the abyss stared back. He got a little too excited and the abyss got uncomfortable and looked away. (Old joke, I know, but there's not much opportunity to say it. I had to.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

according to last TS, they should be getting a bump in max speed tomorrow! +10 kmph to max speed and a little faster acceleration

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

So now you'll have pew pew junkbows.

Yess!! That'll be friggin awsome.

Giger cafe

There is a documentary somewhere on the internet that takes you into his home and shows you around a good bit. That dude is haunted, and that house...his poor house. I'm sure it attracts vampires now, but more like a roach trap, where they don't escape. They get assimilated.

He contributed a lot to dramatic realism, and done it with his own very unique style. So unique they practically coined the term bio-mechanics (created a new category) just to describe whatever it is he's done to art and science fiction. I don't recall that being a thing before he came along.

I used to have a subscription to Omni Magazine, and they would usually have a section with concept art in it. That's where I saw his work the first time. Then, "Alien" brought it to life...and it brought me an action figure with it...and a long term crush on Sigourney Weaver.

1979-Alien-quarter-scale02_1300x.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1

"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss shall also gaze into you." H.R. Giger gazed into the abyss and the abyss stared back. 

Yeah, but the first half of that quote is that you need to be careful fighting monsters, lest you become one yourself.

Giger didn't fight his nightmares.  He shared them with everyone.

"I was walking along the road with two friends – the sun was setting – suddenly the sky turned blood red – I paused, feeling exhausted, and leaned on the fence – there was blood and tongues of fire above the blue-black fjord and the city – my friends walked on, and I stood there trembling with anxiety – and I sensed an infinite scream passing through nature."

~E. Munch.

Edited by psiberzerker

3 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Giger didn't fight his monsters. 

Yeah, he wanted to do something entirely different to them :D 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

Yeah, he wanted to do something entirely different to them :D 

Okay, I'm guessing his sheets weren't just damp with sweat.

Hey, isn't this supposed to be a showcase thread?

F21B8D6BA470277B0F917F3B308CB77B0B07E02E

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Hey, isn't this supposed to be a showcase thread?

It is...but Giger, man. Frakkin' Giger. :alien3:

• Haha 1

So, Doomsday has arrived. I'm lovin' it. If I start to complain ('cause I'm a complainer), I need to get checked. This event/update is like they're in my head, it's so very to my taste and then some. To start with they've got the kinetic violence turned up to the Mad Maximum with all the melee Firestarter fangs and bangs, which is right down my alley. The bling is vintage and the blades are sharp. I really like it...and then they have all that smooth alien-tech I was just learning to dance to. I needed some groovey pew-pew, and there it is...and the farm; it's gorgeous. Seriously, if I start to 817CH...monkey might need to go to his room.

Anyhow, this is where I'm starting. If I don't log one in now, they'll morph into something else. I got the Battle Pass, and as the parts come in I'll fill my barn with new monsters. Judging by all the awful melee grunge that's in this event, I'm thinking legs might be...handy (bada-boom).

SavageSteel-007.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

So, Doomsday has arrived. I'm lovin' it. If I start to complain ('cause I'm a complainer), I need to get checked. This event/update is like they're in my head, it's so very to my taste and then some. To start with they've got the kinetic violence turned up to the Mad Maximum with all the melee Firestarter fangs and bangs, which is right down my alley. The bling is vintage and the blades are sharp. I really like it...and then they have all that smooth alien-tech I was just learning to dance to. I needed some groovey pew-pew, and there it is...and the farm; it's gorgeous. Seriously, if I start to 817CH...monkey might need to go to his room.

Anyhow, this is where I'm starting. If I don't log one in now, they'll morph into something else. I got the Battle Pass, and as the parts come in I'll fill my barn with new monsters. Judging by all the awful melee grunge that's in this event, I'm thinking legs might be...handy (bada-boom).

SavageSteel-007.jpg

You got the pass? And i hear its on sale startin tomorrow ( fifth day, few minutes from now, looking from Finland).

I have my tow boom truck that i posted, all ready here for the new boom you already have...and your build looks superb.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

You got the pass? 

I did.  It's great.  Seeing a lot of fun builds today, too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I did.  It's great.  Seeing a lot of fun builds today, too.

Now,now i have it, though only the cheaper 10 euros version. And i crafted one Pyralid, put it on sale without tryin. And it even sold so i just crafted another.

I was hoping to see similar "progress / level bar" as was in Founders event but it seems there aint such now.

Well, eyes are locked on the tow boom and hopes are high:015j:

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 1