DocSavage

Le Sauvage Coup de Jour

8 hours ago, DocSavage said:

Right on. That's friggin awesome...now  you gotta kill somebody with it....I know, right?514067833_screenshot-200608-110937(-9844

screenshot-200609-172211(27 2 42).jpg

Edit: That tractor is so very spot on. I'm guessing you live in a rural area. You've gotten a lot of detail pretty D4MN3D tuned in. I've tried to do cover songs but I always end up singing my way. That's a sharp tractor.

Yeah i live in the backwoods far away from village and cities and i see tractors more often than cars just like i see animals more often than humans.

And i hope to build my  snowmobile in Crossout.

But that tractor pleased me as i was sure i would never come up with anything nice like yours are, when aiming for specific ps. In the end i was struggling with just one number (1) , as the build always seemed to be 1916 or 1918. I took just one pvp with it and it aint good, i only rammed one enemy dead, and he was already crippled by others. And who takes any glory from killing wounded men.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:11 AM, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

I took just one pvp with it and it aint good

No, I was being a D1CK. I think it's in my jeans. It happens sometimes.

On 6/10/2020 at 2:11 AM, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

i see animals more often than humans.

Me too, and I like it that way...well the city sort of caught up to where I live, and it isn't so cool anymore...meh.

Anywhen, I liked the build. If it were a legitimate contest I'd have to fork over some prize-cheese for that one, I think (now that I think of it, maybe that can be done). It's pretty clean, IMO, and it is a trick to build with that (PS1776) as a constraint at all, let alone build something with that much flavor.

• Thanks 1

Stayed up way too late. Got my A55 kicked most of the night trying to make this work (had fun anyway), and this is where I left off.  I ignored Lemmy's advice and sold my tracks to get these parts (not really. It still haunts me), and I'm trying to reconcile the sacrifice in my head (what have I done?).  I may be taking this sci-fi thing too far...whatever. It's too late. Space-monkey has landed. 

SavageSteel-015.jpg

Edit: Spent a lot of time upside down thinking about I've done.  I will have to fix this. I should have listened. How did I forget?

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Captain's Log, Stardate 98048.72

This is my latest Gigernaut; Unlike the last one, this one kills stuff. I'm even doing hard raids now...and not using up all my repair kits, neither. I just bought this Quantum, and I think it'll make my sci-fi thing work, plus...double-plus-good.

SavageSteel-016b.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

oppressor

I'll have to put my eye on that. I'm thinking Joust-rod is next on my agenda. I still haven't built a proper drone boat either. I got another unsalable falcon in crate, but I ditched it. I probably should have kept it. IDK...Boom sticks are next in line anyway...maybe...I might be pushing it. Suicide farming is hard for me to contemplate. 

11 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I'll have to put my eye on that. I'm thinking Joust-rod is next on my agenda. I still haven't built a proper drone boat either. I got another unsalable falcon in crate, but I ditched it. I probably should have kept it. IDK...Boom sticks are next in line anyway...maybe...I might be pushing it. Suicide farming is hard for me to contemplate. 

Falcon are okay, ish, for 3 Energy.  That's basically the way I see it:  If you have a bunch of 4 Energy, or 2x6 Energy weapons, you can tack-on a Falcon, Protector...  What arial drones do is pop-up over cover, so you don't have to expose yourself.  However, they also get shot down, and I don't like the reload vs the up-time where you actually have it out, shooting stuff.  And finally, you can't target something specific, like their wheels, weapons, or mines.  Looks cool, ish?

For this Joust-Rod, you're thinking Lancelots?  I tried them with Tusk (Because it's essentially the same Perk) and did all-right.  My trick was to use a gas-gen with 3 of them, a Fuel Tank, and Ammo-box.  So, they all blew on impact, and you don't really need the generator once the lances go off.  That leaves up to 12 Energy for guns.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

you're thinking Lancelots

Yep. It's a lot of grinding, though. The Battle pass'll help make the time pass easier (it'll make the grind more fun). I've got to craft some Boom sticks to craft the Lancelots, so I'll get some practice along the way.

I like the Tusk. The snorting is too cool. I had it once or twice, but I found it hard to build around. It's probably the right cab for this gig, though. If I really want to have fun with this deal, you're probably right. The Tusk is the right mount. It's a good excuse to own a Tusk.

Presently, I'm still getting a kick out of the sci-fi thing. I'm almost to the Dawn's Children section of the Doomsday event, which also means I'll be getting the Griffon. That'll keep me entertained for a  while, but I'm looking forward to the new Dawn's Children stuff to build with, because I'm hooked on sci-fi a little.

Dronezilla: A Mutant Duster.

SavageSteel-017.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

SavageSteel-017.jpg

Love it.  Quasar is one of those looks cool over practicality guns.  It's not that good, the projectile speed is slow, but man, does it look cool!

D2E06D8860226D76C7CE1AF934EA2338FDEF103D

I miss my Meat Grinders.  That's what i was doing before the Founder's event, and I discovered Bigrams.  I'm probably going back to them once I get my Cohort.

Edited by psiberzerker

Ive never owned that doghouse sized weapon i think is modeled after the winner of "Pimp my hairdryer" reality show, but it sure fits that scifi builds style.

And as its like tinier sized build overall, and every part matches each other, plus the plain pic of it...yeah, i like it , and hearing its a Duster ,adds so much to it:014:

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2020 at 10:13 AM, DocSavage said:

Yep. It's a lot of grinding, though. The Battle pass'll help make the time pass easier (it'll make the grind more fun). I've got to craft some Boom sticks to craft the Lancelots, so I'll get some practice along the way.

I like the Tusk. The snorting is too cool. I had it once or twice, but I found it hard to build around. It's probably the right cab for this gig, though. If I really want to have fun with this deal, you're probably right. The Tusk is the right mount. It's a good excuse to own a Tusk

SavageSteel-017.jpg

I have no clue of the energy weapons nor accurate style of Dawns / space sci-fi vehicles but yours inspired me to buy 2 guns and some wheel, ending up with vehicle i dig to think of as an light ( made of glass and paper )recon buggy-pickup.

How did i do ?

IMG-20200615-205820.jpg

IMG-20200615-205416.jpg

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Upvote 1

On 6/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

How did i do ?

I like it. I wish I could go ride around New Vegas with it shooting Radscorpions, hauling loot,and jamming to my Pip Boy.

• Upvote 1

Monkey's sad. My game sucks. I don't know what happened, but it feels like because my account is worth more now I'm being algorithm-ed into a league of more extraordinary players who have spent all their money on guns..while I spent mine on art. This happens periodically, where one day I'm rocking the Wasteland with whatever build turns my crank, and then suddenly nothing I build survives at all. Sometimes I'm not even making it to the battle field. I roll out there just to get one-shot crippled and then gang banged no matter what I build (oddly, so does the rest of my team...over and over and over. IDK WTF. I just don't know).

So, that's when I begin to non-play; Drones and clown cars. I truly am fatigued with the ninja-nerf and the shadow game with hidden stats the determine, I don't know what (how I loose). This happened last time with the Battle Pass too. I ended up letting it just run out half way through the season, scrapped most of my stuff (because you can't sell it) uninstalled the game and did something else for a while. When I came back, once my account was reduced to vanilla things seemed to get better...until I acquired the Griffon, and then that crazy pig-cab. Now, it would appear, that the game thinks I have some killer shizz in my garage that ought to kill, but I don't. I have a lot of fancy paint...that I can't sell either because of my hack-fix. Most of my stuff is unsalable. It just has to be tossed so I can enjoy this game again?

Anyway, drones. They still rule, so, because I can't play, I don't. They do it for me. I've got the battle pass, so my dime is on a clock and I feel obliged to use it. This is absolutely the crappiest build in my line up, yet because drones, it still kills and farms the scrap just fine. Nothing else works at all anymore, but this dumb crap does. This game...D4MM17. I guess I sell what I can and trash the rest to bring my account value down to where my guns are (not legendary at all) and go back to vanilla.

SavageSteel-019.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DocSavage said:

I like it. I wish I could go ride around New Vegas with it shooting Radscorpions, hauling loot,and jamming to my Pip Boy.

Had to Google it up, to learn about Pip Boy. 

Thanks for rating, it matters :012j:

2 hours ago, DocSavage said:

Monkey's sad. My game sucks. I don't know what happened, but it feels like because my account is worth more now I'm being algorithm-ed into a league of more extraordinary players who have spent all their money on guns..while I spent mine on art. This happens periodically, where one day I'm rocking the Wasteland with whatever build turns my crank, and then suddenly nothing I build survives at all. Sometimes I'm not even making it to the battle field. I roll out there just to get one-shot crippled and then gang banged no matter what I build (oddly, so does the rest of my team...over and over and over. IDK WTF. I just don't know).

So, that's when I begin to non-play; Drones and clown cars. I truly am fatigued with the ninja-nerf and the shadow game with hidden stats the determine, I don't know what (how I loose). This happened last time with the Battle Pass too. I ended up letting it just run out half way through the season, scrapped most of my stuff (because you can't sell it) uninstalled the game and did something else for a while. When I came back, once my account was reduced to vanilla things seemed to get better...until I acquired the Griffon, and then that crazy pig-cab. Now, it would appear, that the game thinks I have some killer shizz in my garage that ought to kill, but I don't. I have a lot of fancy paint...that I can't sell either because of my hack-fix. Most of my stuff is unsalable. It just has to be tossed so I can enjoy this game again?

Anyway, drones. They still rule, so, because I can't play, I don't. They do it for me. I've got the battle pass, so my dime is on a clock and I feel obliged to use it. This is absolutely the crappiest build in my line up, yet because drones, it still kills and farms the scrap just fine. Nothing else works at all anymore, but this dumb crap does. This game...D4MM17. I guess I sell what I can and trash the rest to bring my account value down to where my guns are (not legendary at all) and go back to vanilla.

SavageSteel-019.jpg

Thats insanely stylish. Steanpunk-ish , dog catchers of jailers wagon. 

Or is it coffin makers... Coroners ?

I could imagine a Crossout poster in which this drives away towards the horizon, sun barely glowing, and hell followed...i mean drones , following this cars way like few old ravens.

Anyways, your posts of builds are like the top content every week.

• Thanks 1

I sold most the crap I had that could be sold (which isn't much). I plan on reducing it more. I want to refine my fleet into clichés; with each slot representing the styles of play Crossout has to offer. I'm not sure how I want to divide these categories, though. A flag ship representing each faction Might be practical. I really wish the factions had more relevance, but I think their new system of Battle Passes helps add some flavor.

Anyway, I plan on letting the Battle pass take care of the Dawn's Children and Firestarter's slot. I just entered the sci-fi phase of the Battle Pass, so we'll see what that germinates. The Firestarter's saga brought me this fancy ride. I should add the wicked pipes too. I had Junkbows on it and it reminded me a lot of the "Famine" rig from that Four-Horseman pack, which is probably my favorite, because it goes crash-boom so well. This is more devastating with the Little Boys, and the audio is great. Between the cannons and the awesome growl of the Griffon, it's a smorgasbord of acoustic violence. I didn't get a lot of kills with it, but I left a lot of folks spinning in circles with no  wheels for the dogs to eat. That was the gig with this thing, it seemed; hit as many targets as possible and never get fixated. Speed was it biggest advantage. I'm getting a little better with cannons so I'm hitting things better on the fly. I can wreck some shizz with this thing on the right map, but for whatever reason when I put cannons on any rig I end up in Old Town a lot. That's the wrong map (it's always the wrong map, IMO). I'll refine this a little ( remove the paint) and send it to the Firestarter's slot in the barn, where I'll tinker with it until I change my format again. I think this is more or less what the game expects (factional diversity), so I'll roll with it.

Jousting is harder than it looks, and I'll need a lot of experimenting to figure that gig out. I think the Lunatics is the proper Faction to handle this style (they've got all the gear for it).  When I get something (I was close last night) I'll post it. I'm going with a Knight theme (of course). How to do that in the Lunatic style will be a challenge (I missed the Knight Riders event).

SavageSteel-021.jpg

Oh-ya, this thing mutated off of Doc Holiday's Hearse up there. It's clumsy but it worked better than I expected.

SavageSteel-020b.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2020 at 9:53 PM, DocSavage said:

SavageSteel-019.jpg

IMG-20200618-043811.jpg

IMG-20200618-043641.jpg

I had to do something in similar style. It has that electric raven following the car.

Edit ;

Too,too bad you erased the last 2-3 build pics. Can you send em in my private messages or as links if its ok,Doc? 

You dont use stuff like :

https://imgbb.com/

???

I must start taking screencaps or something to have your awesome builds stored as reference:excl:

• Thanks 1