Huge FPS drops during gameplay. Nothing seems to get rid of the issue.

Crunk_Prime

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw Huge FPS drops that seem to occur randomly during PVP and PVE.
What you expected to see Smooth gameplay with no FPS drops
Conditions in which error reproduce Happens almost every match. Can be reproduced anytime.
Problem details No matter which graphics settings I alter and reduce to their lowest settings, I will still get huge FPS drops during gameplay. Sometimes it will only last for a moment, and other times it will last 3-5+ seconds making the game unplayable during that time. The ingame FPS counter will still say the game is getting at least 30-70FPS during these FPS drops, but I can tell its going far below 30. More like less than 10 FPS and even into the negative where the screen freezes up till it goes back to normal. Many other players seem to suffer from this problem, so I am not alone with this issue.
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug  

game.log

Edited by Crunk_Prime
  • Upvote 6

23 hours ago, Crunk_Prime said:

Problem details

More details needed.

Please, read this 

Do you want my PC specs? Im above the "Recommended Specs". Ive got the latest drivers, and put the game down to the absolute lowest settings it can go. Even 50% render scale. It still has huge framerate drops and all the same problems it has when I run the game on higher settings. The game says Im getting 120FPS, but its stuttering and doing huge FPS drops randomly throughout the battle. Maybe it has something to do with people taking damage and bogging the game down? I dont know.

This it the only game I have thats doing this. Even something as horribly optimized as Fallout 4 runs perfectly fine on my PC.

9um4DaV.jpg

Edited by Crunk_Prime
update
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If it helps at all, after some messing around it seems like the cause of the FPS drops ingame for me is damage being done to other cars. I set up a car with turrets so I can have things being attacked while I am not near the targets but can see them in the distance. The more parts that are being removed from cars the more FPS drops there are. I can get this to happen no matter how low I put the settings. Even with "Destruction Physics" turned off completely, FPS drops still happen when enemy cars take damage. If I drive around with no vehicles taking damage in the test area my FPS stays constant with no drops whatsoever.

Its so horrible in PVP because theres 16 cars taking damage, which is 16x worse than what I can recreate in the test area.

Ayyyyyy. You close/lock all the other threads complaining about this problem because nobody is providing logs, but I provide logs for this problem and almost a month later my logs still havent been looked at or downloaded.

RIP.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Crunk_Prime said:

but I provide logs for this problem

As minimal condition, all logs needed.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 9:55 AM, Crunk_Prime said:

Do you want my PC specs?

Hmm... Try to enable vsync

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 11:44 AM, Crunk_Prime said:

Hi hello. Vsync does not change anything. After the newest patch this problem still persists.

Could you please make new screenshots with FPS graph and attach logs for this time.

Also, please, make new dxdiag

Reporting a bug in this game is like those bureaucratic offices where every time you think you have all the documents they ask for a new one.

Image result for interminable burocracia

I have long since given up raising bugs and suggestions for improvements. It is a waste of time.

May they be happy believing they are geniuses and the program is perfect.

Edited by lamanu
  • Upvote 1

On 2/26/2020 at 4:54 AM, Skula1975 said:

Could you please make new screenshots with FPS graph and attach logs for this time.

Okay. Heres a screenshot and game logs. It says Im getting 84fps, but it is stuttering like crazy which you can see in the FPS graph. I had to quit this raid because the FPS drops made it unplayable.

2vkzKmu.jpg

combat.log game.log gfx.log net.log

Edited by Crunk_Prime

1. Try to decrease shadow quality

2. Try to enable v-sync

I reduced both "Shadow Quality" and "Light Source Shadows" to "Low" and turned on Vsync. The problem does not go away. As Ive said before, I can turn the game down to absolute minimum settings, or run it on maxed out settings, and I will still get this FPS problem.

IP8dj9a.jpg

w9GvwF8.jpg

Edited by Crunk_Prime

7 hours ago, Crunk_Prime said:

I reduced both "Shadow Quality" and "Light Source Shadows" to "Low" and turned on Vsync.

Please, attach logs for new screenshots and dxdiag

• 2 weeks later...

:015_2:

There is a  Professional Testing Team in that company?

Edited by lamanu
  • Upvote 1

my sugetion turn everything as low as possible and v-sync OFF!

v-sync can cause more harm than good in fast pased games.

even render scale to about 75%-100% (adjust as you need)

work your way up by increesing one thing at the time.

If you have nvidia videocard, you can allso try go in NVIDIA Controll Panel

g-sync off and v-sync off as seen on the pictures

v-sync.PNG.2e6874780c7b65647db3bdb1787bd

g-sync.PNG.07dd0dca50f2b9f399195ae14f632

I had more issues with g-sync and v-sync enabled in crossut than I liked.

running now at 250+ FPS sometime at 300FPS and zero video lagg, no screentearing thats noticeable

Edited by Sasherz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, also has this problem. I have fps drops with hitches even in the testing area. Tried Nvidia Vsync + gsync, in-game vsync, without vsync + limiter, decreasing display quality, prerendered frames to 1, disabled hyperthreading.... drops still there.

It seems it has nothing to do with graphics quality.

Try turning off sounds completely and see if it still happens to narrow it down

I once had problems with crossout while running a video in browser or other video software.

It was a DRM (copy protection) that is used to f.e. by amazon video, ... . Running both (game and video) caused the game lagging.

I cant remember the name. But all "tips and tricks" was worthless. At the end i closed any video app while playing crossout.

Lately i only get problems on the first few minutes in crossout. Like it need to "get warm". I didnt dig deeper since it then works.

Im just posting this in case this DRM thing is still a thing. GL