Ka1deron

Update from 25.12.19

Update from 25.12.19

• Reverted the recent changes in the mechanics of clan transition from league to league.

Developer comment: The recent changes in clan battles have increased the mode's popularity and gave an opportunity to obtain more uranium to the developing clans, but also have had a significant impact on the value of uranium ore and the uniqueness of the gold and diamond leagues. We are temporarily going back to the previous mechanics and start working on updating the clan battles and league system.

• Fixed a number of issues that led to a drop in performance in the brawl “Present Heist”. 
  • The number of prize places in the leaderboard of “Present Heist” has been increased to 1000 and 5000 (instead of 100 and 1000). 
  • Now special armoured cars come to the players who have no one in the list of friends in test drive.
  • Fixed an issue where, after the timer passed in “Present Heist”, the completed wave would not count if the next wave did not have time to start.

Facebook.jpgVK.jpgtwt.jpgInstagramm.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 21
  • Upvote 3

Wow, an update on Christmas day?

By the way: Merry christmas y'all!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

bummer.. liked seeing the increased number of clans and less barriers for beginners.. hope you come up with a solution that keeps prices as high as you seem to want to keep them :rolleyes:

Edited by baynalasdiqa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought that these changes had done the right thing for a short time solution, so you can come up with something more refined in a few weeks/months.

The dropping prices and therefore credits to spend on a different item seemed to me had pushed the market a little bit.

And like baynalasdiqa already said it was nice to see barriers getting smaller for newer players so we can grow our playerbase/community a bit.

For me the change didnt made a big difference really......okay we were gold after 31 matches....that was different to the weeks before.(but uranium count wasnt)

Maybe you could take a cut in worth of igc to save the growth of your playerbase?......maybe???:dntknw:

And with your addition in leaderboard places i dont need to grind me into top100.....BIG THX FOR THAT :good::santa:

Wish you and your families a merry christmas and hopefully some free days for you.

meme1.jpg.ead0dced89c7200ac51d9620de361b

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Whhaaaaaaat?? actual good news!? 
For Christmas???

well, gee, thanks!
(also yeah, it's irony.)

Edit, still, Merry Xmas !!

Edited by Mapl_froggy
  • Confused 5

And you guys call this a merry Christmas ?!

First, thank you for giving us a premium usable only the one and only day when nearly nobody can play the game !

And then... about this update.. you guys could have been working on a new system, without getting back to the ancient one... For once that you were giving us something !!!

I'm playing this gme for 3 years and have played War Thunder and Star Conflict too, and since the beginning of the game, you guys keep on reducing everything we can farm (in a farming game, lol !), you keep on preventing us from earning coins on the market with your bots (which was a great part of the game, by the way), and now that you see that giving uranium to smaller teams allows them to develop faster, yiou simply cut it !

Well.. if you guys think that this commercial policy will tend people to spend more money in your game, you're totally wrong ! You'll just keep on loosing more and more players who can't take anymore to be considered as mere dupe patsies !!!

Merry Christmas anyway !

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! First things first - the giveaway of this premium subscription is not going to be the only one in the near future:) Regarding the in-game market, there are no bots controlling it, only the mechanism to prevent the forbidden deals from happening.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

the higher availability of ore was good and much needed...but clans that are usually near the top farming in lower leagues was not.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Thank you for your swift answer Ka1deron :)

So... do you mean by other giveaways that you will give give us another premium the new year's eve when nobody will be able to play the game... again...?

Besides, what is it that you call forbidden deals on the market ? Is this the fact of spending time trying to make money on the market by buying/selling while paying the 10% ?

I'm really curious...

Tank you and merry Christmas again^^

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

The game is not like in the old days only 3 Relic weapons anymore.

It was for the good of the game to locked away some top weapons to a small % of players. The game has grow beyond since.  It should start open up for players wanted to progress to the next stage.  

@Ka1deron

I would like to suggest.  Next time for a gift premium subscription. Could you guys add a "Activate" button so players can choose when to activate it, of course you can always have use or lose time limit on it. This can give all players more control on which day they can spend the gift. 

Thank you.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Wow, an update on Christmas day?

I'm not sure it is Christmas Day for the Developer's, the Orthodox Christmas falls on 7th January.

But a pleasant surprise for us all this morning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pickle29432 said:

I'm not sure it is Christmas Day for the Developer's, the Orthodox Christmas falls on 7th January.

Sort-of.  It's December 25th in the Julian Calendar, but yeah.  That's Jan 7 on our Calendar.  There's no reason to believe the Devs are even Christian, let alone Russian Orthodox, just because they're Russian.  For one thing, the Iconagraphy is completely different in Crossout.  I kinda doubt that an entire team that was homogonously Orthodox wouldn't at least subconsciously use some elements from that iconography.

14 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Sort-of.  It's December 25th in the Julian Calendar, but yeah.  That's Jan 7 on our Calendar.  There's no reason to believe the Devs are even Christian, let alone Russian Orthodox, just because they're Russian.  For one thing, the Iconagraphy is completely different in Crossout.  I kinda doubt that an entire team that was homogonously Orthodox wouldn't at least subconsciously use some elements from that iconography.

They may or may not be religious, but other than Halloween very few in-game events are built around the Western calendar.  I'm sure the last couple of years have had something happen on/around 7th Jan and the winter event is always long enough to take in the Western and Russian Orthodox Christmas dates, I'd need to scroll back to check.  Several other significant secular dates in the Russian calendar get acknowledged every year in-game, in-lore or via messages.

11 minutes ago, Pickle29432 said:

the winter event is always long enough to take in the Western and Russian Orthodox Christmas dates, I'd need to scroll back to check.

Right, it's more like a Season than a couple of specific dates, and there is a lot of allusions to American iconography as well.

coca-cola-christmas-truck-facts.jpg

grinch_lead_lots_of_white_space.png?itok

Even if they are Orthodox, it doesn't necessarily mean that they won't use anything Western in their game.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

Right, it's more like a Season than a couple of specific dates, and there is a lot of allusions to American iconography as well.

A necessity.  Americans tend to get stroppy if they feel ignored.

But thankfully they're also narrow-minded enough to only see them as allusions :005j:

• Haha 1

Hello, I apologize if I say something bad on my part.

What happened with that update, "We will temporarily return to the previous mechanics" CW, just when the new clans that began to like the mode.

I don't know how they will see things, low prices or more users in the game, I suppose that in this step they will hit the players against the bots again.

I don't know what their plans will be like in the future, I just ask to think about the new players.

Thanks for the game

Thank you

Merry Christmas Crossout!

• Like 1

I have to agree with @*CYNRAH and @AzraelsGrace here. Literally the best thing you did for the health of your game since the PS rework, you just threw in the garbage bin. I'll go back to fighting full relic teams in Tin with my clan because we refuse to leave anyone behind or force anyone to play the 3-4 weapons you guys decided should be miles more powerful than anything else (Did anyone look at Helios DPS? lol)
It's back to rewarding tryharding, deranking and generally playing in the scummiest ways possible, I guess. 10 mins Bridge games against full dog crap, here we come again. It's okay. I'd rather have fun with my clanmates for free than tryhard to earn uranium and buy packs.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

I like the fact that Helios is a viable mid-range option, and rewards Skill/Taking risks.  As opposed to the Sniper/Ninja metas, it is a viable 3rd option, that I don't want to see nerfed until they go away.

The DPS is there, however to use it, you have to expose yourself, and stay exposed to return fire.  Which means you can't just play Peekaboom, ot backstab with Chameleon for the win.

Edited by psiberzerker

11 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I like the fact that Helios is a viable mid-range option, and rewards Skill/Taking risks.  As opposed to the Sniper/Ninja metas, it is a viable 3rd option, that I don't want to see nerfed until they go away.

The DPS is there, however to use it, you have to expose yourself, and stay exposed to return fire.  Which means you can't just play Peekaboom, ot backstab with Chameleon for the win.

According to a spreadsheet that was made back when numbers could be extracted straight from the game, Helios' DPS is around 74, without the perk. Aspect is sitting at 37.2 without perk and rads, for the same energy. And that DPS falls down past 75m. No wonder nobody plays dual Aspects dual Aegis.
The plasma emitters are broken as hell, like 90% of the crap you find in Dawn's Children workbenches. I'm here sitting in my Pulsar hover, and I'll probably make a Helios Aegis hovercrap next considering Targem is too busy making and reverting CW changes to actually fix radar armor and the game's balance.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

According to a spreadsheet that was made back when numbers could be extracted straight from the game, Helios' DPS is around 74, without the perk. Aspect is sitting at 37.2 without perk and rads, for  the same energy. And that DPS falls down past 75m. No wonder nobody plays dual Aspects dual Aegis.  The plasma emitters are broken as hell, like 90% of the crap you find in Dawn's Children workbenches.

I'm not talking about the Spreadsheet DPS.  I'm talking about how they're Played, in game, preferably with a Team-Mate who's also a Firebug (Or Porcupines, Mandrake, et cetera.)  The damage drops off to nothing at 200 Meters, which means you have to get close, and if you just stand there DPSing, you're going to get wrecked by Cannons, falling back out of your range.

What balances out Helios (And by extension Prometheus in the Executioner Meta) is you have to be good at timing them, and moving with them, because they make you vulnerable to retaliation, and the firing pattern requires Skill.  The payoff for that is high DPS, but I don't susbscribe to the fantasy game where nothing has High DPS, and people hide from the Dogs (Who have higher DPS) for fear of getting in a fight with someone who can fight back.

In the spreadsheet, you can easily imagine just standing there, and DPSing.  In combat, you really can't.

Edited by psiberzerker

5 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

In the spreadsheet, you can easily imagine just standing there, and DPSing.  In combat, you really can't.

In your mind I'm sure you can easily imagine lightning-fast hovers zipping around dodging helios shots like its nothing on Sandy Gulf. The truth is, CW looks more like a bunch of flying/walking houses trying to fit in the tiny streets of Old Town while the dual bubble Helios hover chooses where and when he takes the fight to DPS  behind the security of his bubbles. "It requires people to click" Is also an unconvincing argument. I need to click with every weapon but melees.

Helios and Aspects simply can't be both balanced. The fact that Helios is one of the 4-5 viable ranged weapons in CW, and the only one you can afford to use only 8 energy points for and still do good with (Even Porcs require 9 energy) tells me it's in fact not balanced.

Edited by Clebardman

Also id like to mention this is a perfect time to see how the system works between pc and consoles. Let consoles continue this system. It gives us more people to play against and our dwindling playerbase may grow. Consoles needed this change. 

P.S. with this change im actually getting less uranium due to increased competition in gold. But there were 60 new clans getting uranium and that is amazing and needs to continue. Relic and uranium prices be damned

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 7