Suggestion for a new map (applicable to any map): Night Time

Maps are always day time.
But what if we get to have Night Time in our maps.
Lamps wouldn't be there only for cosmetic reasons but can be activated to create light sources and see in the dark.
Enemies should have lights on their vehicles aswell. so you can spot them in the dark.

Or maybe not the complete map in Night time? but a map in day time where you drive through a tunnel that is dark where you need to use lights to see or find your way through the tunnel to get to the other side.
on the other side could be a boss or.. a task that we have to complete.

We could have certain missions that display the time for example:
- Data Theft (2 star mission)
- copper/plastic (reward)
- Night time (time on map)

• Upvote 4

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, drThunderbuckle said:

I would like to see an actual reason to turn headlights on and off +1

We'll get there eventually:

Spoiler

This is from last weekend's test server.

The so-called night maps we have right now are too grey or brown. In order to convey the feeling of night-time you wanna make it very blue. Most video games convey the sense of night through the excessive use of blue.

Someone here at forums had made some some amazing renditions of what the night maps should look like. I think those could be used as a guide of sorts how to make the nights feel like nights.

next i want headlight parts to actually emit dynamic light, rather than just emissive maps. that would be cooooolll

• Upvote 3

In the Awakening map, using players location by their permissions or by their options in settings to making maps climate according to players city weather and daytime will improve real sense for players who played specifically at the nighttimes or during sunsets or sunrises. I know weather & daytime suggestions making unbalance situations for players from different locations, but this capability depend on player choice. In this way, night vision equipments can be added to faction's craft or can be gain by upgrade the existed vision equipment. Also night effect of sounds and reduced number of bots could be raise feeling of night for midnight or 24/7 players. And if the Brawl Race coming to this Awakening climates map what will happen!? I think racing in this Awakening map in their tunnels and missing the road or during sunrise or snowy conditions or mixing situation would be so exciting! Oh, Awakening map is too large and racing will be take long time like Grand Tours, so better to have some pit stops! What is your ideas? ;-) P.S. Don't forget about vehicle's head lights effect on the grounds and mountains walls. What about windy or stormy weather while in the Awakening; strong winds that can pick-up lightweight vehicle's! :-D

Edited by IIMW
Many idease rush me after sending my suggestion.

As he said ... although personally I would not like a completely nocturnal map, since crossout is detailed, and in the dark night you really do not see anything ... what happens when your headlights break? Well, you won't be able to see anything ... I don't want to imagine those who become invisible.