[Developer blog] New faction in Crossout!

Best answer

Survivors!

To sum things up:

• The event starts with the update's release.
  • You complete the in-game tasks and raise your level.
  • By raising your level you unlock and receive FOR FREE: portraits, structure parts, faction recipes (cabin, weapons, hardware, etc.). Everything you've unlocked during the event stays with you forever and you'll be able to craft any of these parts at any time you want.

So, as you can see, you receive all the stuff that current factions provide you for free.

The battle pass provides you additional bonuses, such as: some already crafted parts, different cosmetic items (decor, paint, CKs, etc.) and some coins. As you cans see, it's all stuff that is not unlocked in any of the existing factions by leveling them up.

If you don't want any cosmetic bonuses and additional coins - you may choose the free version and still receive all the recipes and structure parts.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Woodyrojo  @Ka1deron Guys, please don't add a clan wars requirement to weeklies, for geting new faction reputation.

Sorry but you are wrong.

Now theres not only the scanner but also a god dam battle pass... Can you focus on actually making the game fun and not just grindy AF with every new update ? The new garage that looks cool is lo

Posted Images

The new unlocking mechanism is horrible, why focus on draining gold from players instead of paying more attention to game balance?

How can you be unaware of the frustration and confusion of players who just join the game after the event or just AFK during the event? I know you want to somehow make the market dynamic, but it should not be done in such a way

Edited by Robocraftman

Ka1deron (Posted )

Robocraftman, hello! The following mechanic does not force you to spend additional gold - in fact you will be able to obtain structual parts, crafting recepies of the new faction's parts for free!
  • Upvote 6

Thank you for the info !!!

Sound great , but for me you give new content and no info of evolution for old content … raid going to be boring … night mods for all map ( all we want ) … adventur no news by long time …  

You take the good direction but no forget very old players and old content please .:good:

:duck2_100x100:Happy Xmass for all XOxoxo

Ka1deron (Posted )

LOoD, hello! Yes, we will keep working on both adding the new content and improving the elements of the game that already exist. And yes, we are already working on the new maps - stay tuned:)
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Looks like dog **** to me, only feeling i get from this is frustration and being forced to play in your limited time line but all i want is to play when i want not when im forced to.

And Battle pass? whats in gods **** is that, another premium ****. THIS IS xxxx

Edited by bleedis
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 9
18 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

This means that when it is finished, you will only have the recipes for the parts that you managed to get.
[...]
If for some reason you do not have time to get all the recipes, do not despair. [...] After some time, all players who did not have time to take part in the event will also have the opportunity to unlock the structural parts of the new faction.

The special in-game event sounds very exciting but slightly intimidating, so thank goodness the distant future will permit players to catch up later if they've missed tasks.

18 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:
  • cosmetic items: CK, decor, paints, stickers, backgrounds and logos for the banner;

I feel like this battle pass is targeted at players like me :DD I must have sweet, sweet cosmetics...

• Haha 2

Hurray! I can't wait! This is so great!
And it will be greater if there is plan to improve balance of this game too.

Ka1deron (Posted )

VisceraCleaner, hellO! Yes, while the following blog is concentrated around the new faction, there'll sure be more balance improvements in the future updates. We will share more details in the preliminary information news
  • Confused 2
8 minutes ago, bleedis said:

Looks like dog **** to me, only feeling i get from this is frustration and being forced to play in your limited time line but all i want is to play when i want not when im forced to.

And Battle pass? whats in gods **** is that, another premium ****. THIS IS xxxx

Try learning to aim bud

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

"This means that when it is finished, you will only have the recipes for the parts that you managed to get."

That sounds a bit though. I do semi-like it, but it still sounds a bit rough. 

Ka1deron (Posted )

As it;s stated in the following blog, "After some time, all players who did not have time to take part in the event will also have the opportunity to unlock the structural parts of the new faction.":)
  • Haha 1

Why not the old function for lvling a faction? 

:014j:... Good bye playerbase

Ka1deron (Posted )

We think that the following mechanic will be more engaging. It's also worth saying that the speed of leveling up will directly depend on the player's skill. Finally, the system itself is transparent - you will be able to see all stages of leveling up the faction and the rewards as well.
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, Dumpbump said:

:014j:... Good bye playerbase

Just now, Dumpbump said:

player will leave with this mechanic. 

What's just one more nail in this big rusty coffin, am I right?

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

I think that a battle pass is one of the best ways to monetize a free to play game, so I guess it could work. But this will heavily depend on how long the season would last and how much time it would take to complete all levels. I hope it works out well - long enough time for the event to last and not too much grind to complete it.

However, I am concerned about how much time it will take before players that didn't unlock everything get a chance to unlock the items again, especially the structure parts. You should also consider adding new structure parts to existing factions, some may just be derivatives of existing ones. Only getting new structure parts in packs is getting stale. :)

Also, the new weapons look so cool, I love them already!

Edited by _Lemmy44_

Ka1deron (Posted )

_Lemmy44_, hello! Regarding your concern - the the player will have an additional chance to unlock the content during this event and once it's back, we will definitely announce it!
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

@Ka1deron

I know what a dev blog is. 

It doesn't matter. 

If you implement a new faction ( what I really like and want) with this up leveling mechanic, it will be bad for the game. I promise it to you. 

Me in my case, I will not level that new faction with this mechanic, and guess what it means. I dont see any point then to keep playing this game. And I will not be the only one. 

A faction is a faction, so we should be able to lvl the new faction like the old ones we have allready. It makes just no sense. 

Edited by Dumpbump
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 7

Looks interesting, I dont hate the new leveling mechanic for this faction. However I do not like that it will be part of a limited time event. We will have to see how it works out but I'm concerned for the people who play this game that dont have a ton of time to invest in it per day. I know you probably cannot tell us this information at this time, but how long will the event last? 

Ka1deron (Posted )

LycanHammer, hello! We will share more information closer to this update's release date (via preliminary information or the patchnotes)!
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I think it all hinges on the quality of the Special In-Game Event

I'd certainly be up for more variety : a new mode, new missions etc...

Are we talking of a new, different Adventure mode, or just another PvP battle?

I, for one, welcome our temporary rule-breaking overlords...

7 minutes ago, stateofit said:

I'd certainly be up for more variety : a new mode, new missions etc...

Are we talking of a new, different Adventure mode, or just another PvP battle?

I, for one, welcome our temporary rule-breaking overlords...

Until you find out it is just another ranked event (Mayhem), that whoever buys an ingame item with real world cash levels faster (Premium Subscription) or that its just regular PvE/PvP for badges and no regular resources (KR event).

I hope not!

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

We wanted a new faction, not another temporary event in disguise!

(specially one that will give structure parts of all things)

Ka1deron (Posted )

lucashc90, and you will be able to obtain all of the new faction part by playing the game, without any kind of additional payment.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Im confused about what the Battlepass does exactly. You pay $$$, and it will just unlock everything in the faction so you can skip grinding it out?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Crunk_Prime, hello! You will be able to unlock the new content (like the faction parts) by playing the game. Purchasing the battle pass will provide additional rewards, such as in-game coins, ready-made parts and cosmetic items.
  • Upvote 1

sweet, something new is coming...and it already sounds like having to grind a weapon trial in 3 days to be able to keep up. 

be able to unlock them at a later point...in a year or what? 

not really liking where this is going. 

it being a engineer prestige faction with some dark twist would have been the preferred way....now its just "buy the pack right away and save yourself all the grind" or "have fun struggling to go through all these tasks"

Edited by forc3dinduction

Ka1deron (Posted )

forc3dinduction, hello! This progression will be developed so that the players will be able to get the new faction's parts without additional resources. Basically, if you want to increase the amount of rewards and get every unique piece of cosmetic items and other bonuses you can purchase the battle pass, but it's not necessary if you are interested in getting the new faction's parts:)
  • Upvote 2
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.