[Developer blog] New faction in Crossout!

Woodyrojo

Best answer

Survivors!

To sum things up:

• The event starts with the update's release.
  • You complete the in-game tasks and raise your level.
  • By raising your level you unlock and receive FOR FREE: portraits, structure parts, faction recipes (cabin, weapons, hardware, etc.). Everything you've unlocked during the event stays with you forever and you'll be able to craft any of these parts at any time you want.

So, as you can see, you receive all the stuff that current factions provide you for free.

The battle pass provides you additional bonuses, such as: some already crafted parts, different cosmetic items (decor, paint, CKs, etc.) and some coins. As you cans see, it's all stuff that is not unlocked in any of the existing factions by leveling them up.

If you don't want any cosmetic bonuses and additional coins - you may choose the free version and still receive all the recipes and structure parts.

Great, another faction!

Ka1deron

but i do have some doupts on the leveling system.
Isnt the previous system also based on skill? the more parts you destroy, enemies you kill, assists, ect, is also skill based. This gives us a very hard restriction on the parts we are allowed to use. That bothers me. I prefer miniguns, mandrakes and fortunes. 2 of those are legendary exclusive weapon types. it is gonna be pretty tough for me to 1: master the weapons required to gain xp in that faction. and 2: i need to make the darn things in the first place. I do get that you want to engage people in more mixed gameplay, so that they can play with more setups. But i see that as an option, not a requirement.

I mean its pretty useless if you are in college for lets say architecture, and then one of your teacher sais that you need to learn french. It is a good skill, yes, but with your architecture degree you probably are not gonna use that french you learnt. (i know, its a bad example, but you know what i mean)

It doesnt feel right to me in any way.

And i feel that you could have dropped a bit more of what theme this faction offers in structual parts. With only weapons we cant really figure that out. Seeing the weapons, i can only see a second dawns children faction, with slight steppenwolf features. But i guess you can reveal that later.

I hope you can enlighten me

Ka1deron (Posted )

GreenTitanCO, hello! The system of leveling up the new faction will be developed so that every player who would like to obtain the new content will be able to do it. As for the structual parts - this and other details will be shared later in the future devblogs and news.
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Crunk_Prime said:

Im confused about what the Battlepass does exactly. You pay $$$, and it will just unlock everything in the faction so you can skip grinding it out?

Next they will sell car frames with perks at the Gaijin store.

(I'm all for monetizing the game since Devs need to eat too but putting structure parts in a temporary event where you can pay to progress faster is just wrong)

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Blasted_Off said:

This whole thing sounds like Knight riders 2.0.

Precisely! Its not another faction, its a P2Progress new temporary event that will randomly reward players with everything from structure parts to new weapons (things we have been asking to be put in the regular factions for ages)... let that sink in!

3khxfj.jpg

Edited by lucashc90

Ka1deron (Posted )

lucashc90, no players will be forced to pay anything in order to get the new content. Purchasing the battle pass will grant you additional rewards, but if you are interested only in getting the new portraits, structual parts and crafting recepies, you will be able to obtain them for free.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

since we're fiddling with factions again...how about rewarding active players with a free workbench (rare or epic ["normal" chance], usable on all workbenches) coupon each completed engi prestige level?

Edited by forc3dinduction
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Pretty good. A bit sad to see it's all sci-fi stuff but knowing you that means at least it'll be playable - or OP af (lets face it, you guys have something for sci-fi stuff.). This has been so long since the last time we had some decent f2p content in XO, please don't xxxx it up (I say please but honestly I'll just keep freeloading if you keep updating the game in ways I disapprove, it's no big deal.)

I'll give you a thumb up when I'll see the goods and event :'D

Edited by Clebardman
  • Upvote 4

I love the faction style and probably will be one of my favorites but as some of us said a while back

Slower progress than the rest of the factions: Check

"Market exclusive" Faction: Check

This honestly sounds like the best idea this game had in years, but executed in the worst way we've probably ever seen 

Btw just a doubt about the Battle Pass... Wil it work like in other games where we can get it with in-game coins or will it be a cash grab exclusivity? Same goes for the rewards.. I assume they will be untradable?

Edited by xCrossFaith

Ka1deron (Posted )

xCrossFaith, hello! The new faction won't be a "Market exclusive". Yes, it uses a different system of progression, but it doesn't force you to pay the additional resources or money in order to get the new content. And in case you won't have enough time to unlock everything that you want, you will have another chance to do it again in the future.
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, xCrossFaith said:

So as some of us said a while back

Slower progress than the rest of the factions: Check

"Market exclusive" Faction: Check

This honestly sounds like the best idea this game had in years, but executed in the worst way we've probably ever seen 

When did Targem got you used to good execution of ideas? ^___-

1 minute ago, Clebardman said:

When did Targem got you used to good execution of ideas? ^___-

Probably very few times, but man... This one looks even worse than the rest 

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

Probably very few times, but man... This one looks even worse than the rest 

It can't be worse than taking out Chase while blatantly lying about it, or not fixing radar armor for a year, or unfixing CW on christmas because whoever came up with the fix is an airhead who couldn't see the obvious (that it'd make ura prices plummet).
Have faith!

Edited by Clebardman
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On one hand, excited to see what the new faction has to offer, specially regarding parts and paint schemes

On the other, why can't we just keep the regular leveling system for it? It's not broken, it doesn't need to be fixed...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

It can't be worse than taking out Chase while blatantly lying about it, or not fixing radar armor for a year, or unfixing CW on christmas because whoever came up with the fix is an airhead who couldn't see the obvious (that it'd make ura prices plummet).
Have faith!

I really want to see how this turns out and really hope it's better than it seems (unlikely tho)  I never cared much about raids or CW so those issues doesn't matter that much to me, I'm kinda more concerned about a full faction being behind a time wall when this game is already lacking on content :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, xCrossFaith said:

, I'm kinda more concerned about a full faction being behind a time wall when this game is already lacking on content :lol:

This so much

• Upvote 4

Why to make a normal faction as the others that were made. No, they must come with new ''great'' idea to make a some weird I don't know what faction that is not even faction but some s***** time limited event where you need to make some missions or what to unlock small part of the weird stuff.

What about getting your heads together  after the years where nothing new comes and only same boring stuff that are still glitchy, not speaking of those guns and other parts that are still unbalanced in the game, and finally start making better stuff and not some stu*** looking events that you think are gonna be good?

Next part is that you made some safe league in CWs so players have a higher chance to get something and after few days you're saying that it's too much because it destroyed market prices as they were? You don't say, are you like testing the stuff before you release them and really think about them what consequences they can have? Probably not.

I would like to say that the game is getting better and better but at this moment the game is worse then few years back and seems that you just don't simply care. Hope you gonna get it finally after the times community saying that something is wrong and you should do something logical about it and not just making new boring repetetive things that nobody cares about.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Ivimeria, hello. During the progression of the new faction you will be able to see the rewards that can be obtained via leveling up. And it will be up to you to decide whether you want to obtain them all or not. It won't require you to pay any additional resources to unlock the new content.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

You said:

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

if you are interested only in getting the new portraits, structual parts and crafting recepies, you will be able to obtain them for free

But you also said:

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

Purchasing the battle pass will grant you additional rewards

So there IS stuff from this "free temporary faction" being locked behind a paywall :015_2:

Why you guys can't just admit what it is for what it is? This "Oh, its totally 100% free buuuuuuut if you want to actually get everything you are looking for you have to pay up" is getting old.

If it is free it is free. If it is P2Progress its Pay to Progress. Promising a new faction (free stuff) for your playerbase but them saying you can "pay to get more stuff" while also saying its a time limite thing is VERY dishonest and prey on the everlasting wish of the community for new content.

Call it "Knight Riders VIP pass" if you want, just don't promote it as a faction if it doesn't works as one.

Sorry @Ka1deron, I know you are just getting caught in all this madness and is trying to do your job but someone need to talk some sense into the higher-ups.

Edited by lucashc90

Ka1deron (Posted )

lucashc90, as it's stated in the devblog: "All players without exception will be able to unlock: structural parts; engineer badges that can be exchanged for additional resources or containers; faction parts crafting recipes (they can include: weapons, hardware, movement parts or cabins)". As for the content that is going to be available in battle pass, it will include ready-made parts; cosmetic items: CK, decor, paints, stickers, backgrounds and logos for the banner and in-game coins.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Making the faction a limited time thing is not going to go down well at all.

The thought of not being able to level up the faction in my own time really puts me off.

Saying “if you don’t unlock everything, you will have another chance in the future” doesn’t make it any better.

Edited by Spangley
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Spangley said:

The thought of not being able to level up the faction in my own time really puts me off.

Don't worry! If you can't get everything you want people will just have months of advantage over you because they unlocked structural parts (that unlike weapons you can't get from the market) that will be locked away once the event is over until it comes around again. THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FUN, RIGHT! Right...?

Edit: Precisely Ka1deron. Weapons, cabins and hopefully paints will be tradeable in the market. But things like frames and structure parts should never be able to be temporarily obtained.

Edit edit: I know obtained parts stays forever it was bad wording on my part, sorry.

Edited by lucashc90

Ka1deron (Posted )

It's also worth saying that the new faction's parts (like weapons, cabins for example) will be tradable.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

We don't want to lock the possibility to obtain new structure parts. After some time, all players who did not have time to take part in the event will also have the opportunity to unlock the structure parts of the new faction.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

And these parts won't be temporal. Once you unlock them during the event - they're yours forever.
  • Upvote 5

New energy weapons!

Oh sorry.

giphy.gif

Forgot I'm supposed to irrationally hate everything.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Those new weapons look most promising. :good:

As other have mentioned... please make sure that the new faction grind is not frustrating as such time limited events should be doable for casual players.

4 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

As other have mentioned... please make sure that the new faction grind is not frustrating as such time limited events should be doable for casual players.

The only way I can see for this to be a positive aspect of the event is that untradeable items (mainly structure parts) will be very easy to obtain. HOWEVER that means that players that arrive after the event is over will not be able to get said items until this "faction" is active again... which is pretty unfortunate for everyone that is used to the current system.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 3

I think it would be a good idea to know what time schedule this will have.. Because if it comes once a month or every two months for a couple weeks could be quite manageable,  but if its KR 1.5  and it comes once per year it will be a total fail (specially keeping in mind how last KR went)

• Haha 1

A new faction will emerge at the start of next year. You'll hear the final release date a little later, but we are ready to reveal some interesting points today.

Who hasn't heard of the Engineers? Close-knit idealists willing to come to the rescue, give literally everyone a chance at survival. But are their motives that pure? Those who are not afraid of the truth know that the Engineers used to be a force that everyone had to reckon with. Once their power grew so much that it began to scare people. And, united, they overthrew the dictatorship of the Mentor. But he could not have achieved his past heights without a strong ally.

When the Mentor's empire collapsed, not everyone agreed to lay down their arms and follow Ivy on the path of redemption. There were also those who did not want to play by the rules of others. And soon they will return to the Valley again.

I love the Lore, Keep it coming! 

With the release of the update, a special in-game event will begin, which will be available to all players. We plan that it will have at least 50 levels (the exact amount may change). Reaching each level will take you one step closer to getting all factional items. Thus, all players without exception will be able to unlock:

• structural parts;
  • Engineer badges that can be exchanged for additional resources or containers;
  • faction parts crafting recipes (they can include: weapons, hardware, movement parts or cabins);
  • new portraits.

This event sounds great and is a huge improvement from previous events we've been given. 

Also in the update with the new faction, the mechanics of a Battle Pass will appear for the first time. What is the difference between playing with and without it? For those who purchase a pass, the new faction will provide not only everything mentioned above, but also:

• ready-made parts;
  • cosmetic items: CK, decor, paints, stickers, backgrounds and logos for the banner;
  • in-game coins.

I'm happy with the implementation of a Battle Pass, However I would much prefer if it was seasonal and replaced the current 'Customisation' Storefront that we currently have. If I may...In the upcoming future could you please improve on the User Interface of the Technology Tree?

With all due said and Clan Wars discussion aside :lol: This makes me very happy. Thank you for hard work.

Edited by *CYNRAH

Ka1deron (Posted )

*CYNRAH, hello! Yes, we have plans to further improve the game's UI - which of its elements you would like to see changed or improved in the future updates?
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.