[Developer blog] New faction in Crossout!

Woodyrojo

Best answer

Survivors!

To sum things up:

• The event starts with the update's release.
  • You complete the in-game tasks and raise your level.
  • By raising your level you unlock and receive FOR FREE: portraits, structure parts, faction recipes (cabin, weapons, hardware, etc.). Everything you've unlocked during the event stays with you forever and you'll be able to craft any of these parts at any time you want.

So, as you can see, you receive all the stuff that current factions provide you for free.

The battle pass provides you additional bonuses, such as: some already crafted parts, different cosmetic items (decor, paint, CKs, etc.) and some coins. As you cans see, it's all stuff that is not unlocked in any of the existing factions by leveling them up.

If you don't want any cosmetic bonuses and additional coins - you may choose the free version and still receive all the recipes and structure parts.

@Ka1deron 
""GreenTitanCO, hello! The system of leveling up the new faction will be developed so that every player who would like to obtain the new content will be able to do it. As for the structual parts - this and other details will be shared later in the future devblogs and news.""
All good and well, but i do not feel like you have given the information/awser i asked for,
I want to get those new parts, structual parts are the things i want, and if the guns can replace something in my arsenal, they are welcome to do that. But i do need to get patches, that i can only obtain via playing styles i hate.
And waiting for the new event, wich likely have the same manor of progression, i feel that im getting pummeled for liking my unique playstyle. This game offers creativity, and i feel with the patch based progression it gets taken from me.

Please correct me if im wrong.

Ka1deron (Posted )

While certain tasks may be created around the usage of a cetain type of weapon, we are trying to increase their variety so that they will be comfortable for both the newcomers and the players who tend to use the builds and weapons they prefer.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

Let's be honest: the time schedule only exists to pressure players into buying the battle pass to get exclusive items and spend their ingame coins before the marketeables get expensive with the event's end. Since it might happen once or even twice a year (no XO event happens more than twice a year to this date) it will mostly prey on players that can't wait to sink their teeth on new content.

A better alternative would be to just dump a large sum of cosmetic item directly on the customization tab of the ingame shop imho while giving everyone a real full-on permanent faction.

Yeah agree.. The main reason I'm not playing anymore is exactly the lack of content, so if the very few times it comes is in this limited way, it's not going to help at all... Even the 10-15€ the battle pass may cost, I have enough to get it, but I won't for the simple reason that I can get something on other games (or even a full game if it's on sale) for that price and have more value for my time so... 

Incentive to play >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Incentive to pay     

No wonders which one will have more benefits on the long run...  50 people paying 10€ because they are having fun will always be more profitable than 1 person paying 50€ to skip the grind

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Upvote 3

*CYNRAH, hello! Yes, we have plans to further improve the game's UI - which of its elements you would like to see changed or improved in the future updates?

• Technology Tree UI Overhaul.
  • An option to mute individual Players in 'Text' Chat.
  • Challenges and Badge Exchange on the same Tab.
  • Additional Size options for Player Names In-Battle.

If I could just sneak in one bug instead of filling out a Bug Report it would be much appreciated. It's that Font Size 16 and 18 are currently the same on PlayStation 4 (Version 1.81).

Edited by *CYNRAH

7 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

No wonders which one will have more benefits on the long run...  50 people paying 10€ because they are having fun will always be more profitable with 1 person paying 30€ to skip the grind

The dangerous precent here is: I pay for a pack its mine forever, I pay for the pass I might not get everything I want because its a limited time event.

Not gonna lie: thank God I have a good source of income that allowed me to buy every single pack the devs have ever dumped on the shop since the OpenBeta, but to hell I'm spending in a pass that might expire and leave me empty handed because I have a severe lack of free time to actually enjoy using it.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Your most dedicated players are saying they do not want limited time "events." This event will not help in keeping new players. The release of firestarters was the last big content addition that brought new players and gave them a reason to stay.

Make us all happy and rethink how you release this content.

Edited by Dead_weight
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

• Developer

Survivors!

To sum things up:

• By raising your level you unlock and receive FOR FREE: portraits, structure parts, faction recipes (cabin, weapons, hardware, etc.). Everything you've unlocked during the event stays with you forever and you'll be able to craft any of these parts at any time you want.

So, as you can see, you receive all the stuff that current factions provide you for free.

The battle pass provides you additional bonuses, such as: some already crafted parts, different cosmetic items (decor, paint, CKs, etc.) and some coins. As you cans see, it's all stuff that is not unlocked in any of the existing factions by leveling them up.

If you don't want any cosmetic bonuses and additional coins - you may choose the free version and still receive all the recipes and structure parts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 3

New faction get implemented.... Every player can lvl it up to lvl15, and receive all parts from new faction. 

That's what we want. 

Is it that bad? 

Edited by Dumpbump
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I am rather concerned by this time-limited faction, especially with an indefinite time before players can "catch up" if they miss something. Because, let's be honest, the best content will be at the highest tier, requiring every quest completed.

On the topic of new structure parts: Steppenwolves still doesn't have any melee resistant parts.

Edited by DominusPericulum
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Woodyrojo said:

Survivors!

To sum things up:

I think some players are getting confused in regards to the way it was originally worded @Woodyrojo. To simplify everything;

The Battle Pass will contain;

• ready-made parts
  • cosmetic items: CK's, Decor, Paints, Stickers, Backgrounds and Logos.
  • in-game coins.

The Faction 'Event' (Similar to Knight Riders) will contain;

• structural parts.
  • Engineer badges that can be exchanged for additional resources or containers.
  • faction parts crafting recipes (they can include: weapons, hardware, movement parts or cabins).
  • new portraits.

The only difference between the Knight Riders Event we have had for the past 3 Years is that instead of Crafting Items you now earn them by Levelling up.

Edited by *CYNRAH

Should the price of the "Battle pass" exceed much more than ~£10 There will be an uproar. Sadly you guys already have a bad name for yourselves when it comes to being money hungry. much more that £12 ish would mean that theres already a premium over other games versions of battle passes. Can you clarify pricing to clear up the mess before its made?

• Upvote 4

You keep saying "you will have this for free"

As if it was generous from you...

CROSSOUT IS FREE TO PLAY i dont know if you are aware of this !!! It's normal to get stuff for free !!!

If you make things that give you bonus on the battlefield only purchasable it means it's a pay too win !!!

Make skin, portrait or decorativ stuff purchasable but not weapon, module, structural part, cabin...

And finally where are the new leg-wheel ????

Edited by YA_BOO
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Really pleased to finally see a beam weapon and a charging weapon coming to your game, btw! Great addition to the gameplay (more than another machinegun or cannon variation wich all do more or less the same thing IMO)

Now if only we could have some Rare and Epic mortars for Steppenwolves at some point, that'd improve weapon variety by a fair margin too!

Edited by Clebardman

Those changes seems nice, waiting for more details.

Edited by szefopl
  • Confused 4

I was excited until I realized that this is another perfect opportunity for you to force us to play more long, boring raids that almost nobody actually enjoys doing. I can already see it now. Raids are going to be heavily featured in these tasks. This will make the event a chore. Please don't make the event a chore. Allow us to actually have fun playing the game while completing these tasks.

Raids should be a very minor part of this event.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Crucial point of this event will be if an average free-to-play player will be able to unlock all available for him in the time he will have (e.g. max 2-4 hours per day). If not, it will be definitely wrong. If you, developers, plan it, pls, take this criterion as the key. Thx Gum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

The only way I can see for this to be a positive aspect of the event is that untradeable items (mainly structure parts) will be very easy to obtain. HOWEVER that means that players that arrive after the event is over will not be able to get said items until this "faction" is active again... which is pretty unfortunate for everyone that is used to the current system.

That or the event is so mindnumbingly easy that literally anyone can get to all levels without trouble.

Everyone's talking about the new system they're going to try, and I'm just looking at the gif, and realizing one of my car designs have made it into an official news posts.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Pandemic_Regent said:

I was excited until I realized that this is another perfect opportunity for you to force us to play more long, boring raids that almost nobody actually enjoys doing.

It could be tied in with PvP through an added 8v8 (+Bots) just like every other event, in addition to the Brawl.  I seriously doubt they're capable of making anything PvE only.  

Or, they could tie it to Adventure More, with a new storyline in addition to Awakening, and Contageon.  They probably won't, considering how the Fuel System forces you to farm PvP just to do raids at all beyond your 5 Normal Raid daily limit.

34 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

That or the event is so mindnumbingly easy that literally anyone can get to all levels without trouble.

I doubt since they came up with this Battlepass thing, unless it really is just for cosmetic stuff. If that is the case they should do something like Red Dead's Outlaw pass where your "regular" reward level progression screen goes side by side with the "premium" content screen, teasing you with stuff you could get if you cash up (really clever in my opinion).

drv0gu7o1om31.jpg

(this guy has the pass, he unlock everything)

muouwte7mdpnswb9pk6v.jpg

(this guy don't have the pass, he unlocks white stuff while being teased by the yellow lock)

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Woodyrojo said:

Survivors!

To sum things up:

There we go.

This is pretty much what I expected (and hoped) this battle pass to be.

1. You join the faction without battle pass and you progress the usual way: Level up the faction to gain structure parts, access to weapons and portraits.
  2. You buy battle pass and on top of the prevous stuff you also get extra bling (CK, decor), coins and some readymade parts from the faction.

The only thing that's little new is the fact "leveling up" faction seems to involve some tasks (I smell trials) and the fact unlocking access to stuff is event-based and thus time-limited. Now that I think about I kinda prefer it over Knight Riders since unlike in KR I get to keep crafting the stuff even after the event is over. Making it an event will definitely increase the playerbase since people hustle up to get in and unlock all this stuff.

The line is drawn to the right place if ask me: making the battle pass all about bling is IMO the best way to handle monetization in a free-to-play game. One could argue thereadymade parts you unlock is pushing it but then again I say it's more "fair" to the people who don't buy battle pass because these readymade parts aren't uncraftable and pack-exclusive unlike the stuff you get from packs.

Thus the battle pass is basically like a hybrid between a scanner and a pack (or CK kit). If you ask me the only point of contention is the price of said pass and the value it brings. Other than that it looks fine to me.

So can you guys calm yo tits now please? :DD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

The only thing that's little new is the fact "leveling up" faction seems to involve some tasks (I smell trials) and the fact unlocking access to stuff is event-based and thus time-limited. Now that I think about I kinda prefer it over Knight Riders since unlike in KR I get to keep crafting the stuff even after the event is over. Making it an event will definitely increase the playerbase since people hustle up to get in and unlock all this stuff.

I just hope they dont make us do raids.

Man f*** that trash is BAD. 15-30min for pathetic reward. I remember when we had to do raids with cannons to get the reward we needed. it was a NIGHTMARE

Edited by Blasted_Off
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

The grind needs to be reasonable without the battlepass according to my standards, not what the Targem Executives say is reasonable. Otherwise I will not deposit any more than the 100 bucks I already have into this game. If I have to mess up my sleep schedule and daily routine to grind for several hours a day to get some novel new parts, I'm not going to bother playing. Also, what are you going to do to prevent lancers powerleveling to grind everything several times faster than non-lancers? Whenever a new faction is released there are always an absolute ton of lancers and the game is miserable to play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Blasted_Off said:

I remember when we had to do raids with cannons to get the reward we needed. it was a NIGHTMARE

Everyone kept shouting at me WHY YOU BRINGING CANNONS? and was like: my Crossout overlords told me to... :((

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

I doubt since they came up with this Battlepass thing, unless it really is just for cosmetic stuff. If that is the case they should do something like Red Dead's Outlaw pass where your "regular" reward level progression screen goes side by side with the "premium" content screen, teasing you with stuff you could get if you cash up (really clever in my opinion).

drv0gu7o1om31.jpg

Well, this is EXACTLY what a Season with a Battle Pass looks like.

In XO once the update hits you'll gain access to the top row automatically which hands out stuff like

• Structure parts from the new faction
  • Portraits from the new faction
  • Weapon, module and movement part recipes from the faction
  • Maybe some decor from the faction (this is unclear from the devs part)

If you buy the Battle pass you'll unlock the bottom row which will have stuff like

• Decor
  • CKs
  • Coins
  • Readymade weapon, module and movement parts from the faction

It's pretty much the typical battle pass setup (in Crossout the meat and bones in the free tier with all the extra bling put behind the battle pass).

The developers have said the system will have at least 50 levels. Let's assume it'll be 50 levels and that's it. What they might do is split each week into 10 levels which you grind out. That'd mean the entire event would last 10 weeks (or one two and half months). My understanding is in Fortnite if you haven't cleared all the levels when the week changes you won't have chance to go back and do them again, it'll just gieve you new stuff to unlock for the next batch of levels. The devs have said in XO you will be able to do clear those levels even if the week changes. That would imply the previous levels will stay available (unlike in Fortnite) but further levels will simply become available as the weeks progress. So no-life try-hards like me can't level up the entire faction in a matter of days.

Edited by Spedemix
math, not even once!
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.