[Developer blog] New faction in Crossout!

Woodyrojo

Best answer

Survivors!

To sum things up:

• The event starts with the update's release.
  • You complete the in-game tasks and raise your level.
  • By raising your level you unlock and receive FOR FREE: portraits, structure parts, faction recipes (cabin, weapons, hardware, etc.). Everything you've unlocked during the event stays with you forever and you'll be able to craft any of these parts at any time you want.

So, as you can see, you receive all the stuff that current factions provide you for free.

The battle pass provides you additional bonuses, such as: some already crafted parts, different cosmetic items (decor, paint, CKs, etc.) and some coins. As you cans see, it's all stuff that is not unlocked in any of the existing factions by leveling them up.

If you don't want any cosmetic bonuses and additional coins - you may choose the free version and still receive all the recipes and structure parts.

So, bottom line - new event will replace current daily/weekly missions where instead of resources/badges we get now, we will get new fraction reputation?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

From the blog: "Engineer badges that can be exchanged for additional resources or containers". So, for leveling up you'll also receive badges, no matter whether you play the free version of the event or the BP version.

While I am always glad to see new parts coming to this game, it almost seems as though there will be less commitment. It seems you've shown the same three weapons again, after they've been leaked for months now, and only announce that the faction will have a premium side to it.

The leveling system is unique, but also something the player base may not like. Having a system that gate keeps behind a grind AND time wall, it's just gonna make everyone scream "P2W" again.

However, this is better than just releasing packs that add even less to the game. This will at least give something the whole community can use.

• Upvote 2

Also, the thought of limiting the ability to obtain potentially BETTER structure parts for an extended period of time will be TERRIBLE.

Just imagine, you are a new player that started playing just a week later than your friend did, just after the event ended. He has this shiny piece of armor on his build that you can't obtain until the event comes around who knows when.

Also, there also is the possibility that some of the high level armor parts will become part of the meta, giving any player that doesn't have said armor parts a big disadvantage.

• Upvote 8

Rewarding players with recipes and structural parts.is good, it will be nicer to have a system that doesn't go away like the event based coinage and event market places. No one likes to see their effort go poof at the end of an event cycle. I like the idea that you can earn the levels simultaneously while progressing the other factions. It is nicer than having factions locked in long progression chains like the current existing ones.

Will crafting these new parts be similar to engineers where you do not need to swap factions to use their workbench? 
Do we need to pay out another workbench fee on these?   (There's a bit overkill on these already.)

I have issues with integrating leveling to certain restricted (item based) and (mode based) tasks beyond general play methods, it was bad for progress when it was done with seasons and it's is still bad with badges. Especially if it only exists for a limited time with extra time restrictions for completion. That will just create market locks for the handful of players that actually fit in with the methodology, until the cycle rolls around again and just frustrate players in the between times. That has little to do with skill but a lot more to do with a players availability of time in game and you might as well face the fact that the game is already very grindy when it it comes to achieving any major step.

I don't have much to say about the battle pass other than I'm a bit disappointed that the CKs haven't found another way back into the earn-able daily non-event game yet. If I had a complaint about the scanner it would be in the amount of additional reputation gain it's sad that players can't put enough decor on their vehicles to match the rate creating a bit of an unfair premium.

Everytime @Woodyrojo and @Ka1deron types an answear I get a reassuring feeling and knowing they are responding to comments up to the fourth page this time makes me feels they are really going to listen to us this time. I will wait and hold my judgement... for now...

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I am really conserned with the execution of this event.

Done right, this could save the game and revive the playerbase.

Done wrong, and it will mean the end of Crossout.

Thread carefully, devs.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

I like the new faction, the items look interesting and I'm even fine with the battlepass. But a faction being leveled through temporary events?

Just no...

What are you people thinking? I theorize that the idea is to help keep the prices up on the new items, which ok..is understandable, but it's not worth the hassle it gives to your playerbase. I'm sure most of us would prefer prices lowering faster if it means we can level the faction in a more sensible way.

We wanted a new faction. Not a event labeled as one.

Edited by Steel_Artist
  • Upvote 4

This is why I didn't freak out when my account got hacked. It was like having a burglar steal all the dirty dishes and laundry while I was gone. It's fortunate for Targem that Crossout has no competition.

I'm glad this fools nobody, and I'm not at all looking forward this. In fact this sort of puts a hitch in my present giddy-up. I was having fun and enjoying Crossout for a change. Now, after reading this, I feel disappointed. Not keeping my fingers crossed.

When this game sucks, I do what I thought the developers of this game ought to do; I go create content (for the Bethesda and Obsidian games I own). It's fuggin-fortunate for Targem that there are no cars in New Vegas. It's a convenient and incidental monopoly that Targem has with this game. It's a market anomaly I can't believe has lasted this long.

I've added more content to New Vegas and Skyrim by myself with no pay incentive than they have here in comparative time frames. When I leave here, it's where I go to get my creativity fix. When I'm lured back by updates, what I find is that while I was away modding, I was easily more productive than the developers here. I'm truly mystified by why they can't come up with new maps, garage overhauls, menu items, textures, skins, audio, etc. Do they need to borrow my G.E.C.K.? They seem to work hard at developing content nobody asks for and "fixing" things people hadn't noticed were broken, and when it comes to "new content" they don't even re-skin this stuff. They just rearrange the furniture.

I'm going to go pretend I didn't read about this update, or try to imagine that maybe I don't understand what they are trying to do, and I got lost in translation. IDK...I am enjoying the current event.

Edgar E. Broun.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Blasted_Off said:

I just hope they dont make us do raids.

Man f*** that trash is BAD. 15-30min for pathetic reward. I remember when we had to do raids with cannons to get the reward we needed. it was a NIGHTMARE

Your past NIGHTMARE is my present NIGHTMARE. :01414: hahaah. 

• Haha 1

If they really do this I will skip the game. Daily worker, no time to do. So I will move on then. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

That'd mean the entire event would last 10 weeks (or one and half months)

two and half

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Spedemix said:

That'd mean the entire event would last 10 weeks (or one and half months).

14 minutes ago, lamanu said:

two and half

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEaYzxLGhbP20jRfOg4Fv

• Haha 4

Wouldn't it have been easier to just add the new fraction like an existing one and change the premium thing to something new?

I mean ... I see a lot of money going into bugfixing, forum support, ... .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I don't understand all this complaining. Feels to me like most people want something for free and without effort :D

I'm really looking forward for the new faction and new stuff. Battle pass is okay concept used in many succesfull F2P games and experimenting with new faction leveling system seems like interesting idea, it could be bad or it could be good, but no need to panic like some people here :D We will see!

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, _BOJLER_ said:

I don't understand all this complaining. Feels to me like most people want something for free and without effort 

Birgh, we play Crossout! We live for the grinding!

The problem isn't the "selling your soul for a game" part, its being promised M&M's and getting Skittles instead my dear dollar store Vaas.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

So this isn't a new faction, it's an event that has a bunch of new stuff in it that you have to complete at least 50 challenges to get.. or pay money...  yikes.. I was resistant but it's true this game is falling fast, this is just an excuse to charge people more money and I know that battle pass thing to unlock 50+ levels worth of stuff is going to be quite expensive or time consuming..  it's unfortunate to see how quickly this game is devolving, clearly I need to stop spending money before it's too late

I don't know how any one could be excited here...

If something good comes with this update for big playerbase ---> developers simply will revert the change :yes_yes_yes:

Isn't that true developers? :017:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.