Ka1deron

[Developer blog] New rarity, part upgrade rework and balance changes. Mass testing

This is more than we expected. New rarity!? This is so awesome!
It is beyond our expectation, so we don't sure how this change will work. Anyway it is absolutely amazing news. I need to discuss more with friends. 

Ka1deron (Posted )

Thank you! And you are welcome to test the upcoming changes yourself on the open test server!
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Ye lets balance dominant heavy cannon hovers by giving them 1 more free energy... nice path to balance... Please consider to increase scorpion and typhoon to 7 energy if you go that way.
What's the rework of radars against machine gun fire?

Edited by epm_nwo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 4

12 energy Echo Typhoon Hovers.

I need to pass out.....

(just kidding, we'll see how these work out, it all looks fine on a glance)

• Upvote 1

New Part upgrade seems so greedy.
IDn3BCw.png

The three bonuses? Is there any other reason not to scream "P2W! NOOOOO~" in this situation?
My friends who paid much money to get specific upgrade bonus are angry because 

3 hours ago, Ka1deron said:

Here is an example:

• You had a “Vector” machine gun with an upgrade of 10% to overheating time.
  • After the update, the upgrade will automatically increase to +12% (final values may change).
  • Repeated upgrades of the same “Vector” will replace the previous improvement with random bonuses from the list of possible.

This is not enough. It does not look enough and reasonable.
They spend so much money and their parts with one bonus will be pointless compared to parts with 3 maximum bonuses.
Edit 3: This is so confusing. Discussion in my discord still can't make conclusion about this new change. It is the hottest topic ever.

And 12 energy Bastion, 10 energy Growl are so frustrating.
Why did you remove the uniqueness and characteristic of each cabin? 

We also understand all of these are not fixed result. Parameter can be changed. This is just test server. So the other things are fine.
I already fall in love with new parts and new rarity.

But new upgrade system will need more excuse.

Edit: Wait, is there some kind of downgrade effect too?
Edit 2: Oh my god! 4x1 size frame! There are too many new things! This update is like really hot spicy food tasty but painful at same time.
(We need more time to figure out all ingredients of this spicy dish, but understanding all effects looks almost impossible till we get more detail.) 

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I would welcome a change and diversification of cabins and engines via  speed and acceleration. Heavy cabins need to act as heavy and hard to accelerate and engines should be considered to equip to boost these attributes. This way you could choose between a heavy and slow but durable build and a light but fast maneuvering one. I.E make heavy cabins slower as they are  right now, and increase the acceleration + top speed bonus engines give. They obviously shoud have a different multiplier  depnding on   heavy light medium cabins. I really hope you ll be able to balance the heavy cabins you give 1 more extra energy to, in one or the other way.

On a sidenot, it might be worth to fuse items now, before the update, where you would want to have 1 strong desired fuse perk instead of multiple weak since it will get additional % after the patch on top of that. Fuse cabins, aegis, moveent parts, ammo boxes etc.

Edited by LittleBird2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

so I asume with the cab rework, the "special" cab's are the pack cabs that they all get nerfed to 11 energy.

and all the craftable ones getting 12 energy.

or am I wrong?

finaly a hover nerf-ish update though

Edited by Sasherz
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Rarity change seems huge, as someone who crafts alot.

Hover change seems intresting. First time hovers will be equal to many other movement parts.

2 minutes ago, Sasherz said:

so I asume with the cab rework, the "special" cab's are the pack cabs that they all get nerfed to 11 energy.

or am I wrong?

Specials are currently craftable cabins from second level factions. No pack specials.

Edited by PurdooSix
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, GreenTitanCO said:

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO HOVERS!?!?!??!?!!?!?
With every change you guys suggest you change it more and more towards a frictionless wheel!! ig you want to make those parts, add hovercraft cusions, and do not ruin hovers!

the only2  ythings you accieve is more melee effiencency! you tried to pummel that for 2 years, and now you are running in their favour again? WTH!
and severe restrictions on our creativity!
I would suggest reverting it

Currently there are little to no drawbacks using hovers vs wheels, legs, or tracks (excepting goliath since it is still OP). Melee builds just received a nerf to prepare for this well thought out adjustment to what is currently THE meta in CW and most of the rest of the game. Let's see how this plays out before whining "hovers are dead".

Ooh, Course Gun?  I like the sound of that!

Of course.

1 minute ago, Mordbrand said:

Currently there are little to no drawbacks using hovers vs wheels, legs, or tracks (excepting goliath since it is still OP). 

...  Except for steering, squishiness, vulnerability to melee, skidding around into things, being too large, and high to fit through certain gaps like the archway in Bravo on Fortress...

Arguably, the lack of other drawbacks common to ground vehicles outweigh these, but that's not the same as having no drawbacks.  They can still be killed, and it's not an automatic win, just buy hovers.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh! Here comes the patch note!

Let's take a look..

um..

new kind of frames.. good!

new weapons.. great!!

new type of rarity.. awesome!!!

can rework.. fanstastic!!!!

killing side flyers.. excellent job!!!!!

so far so greeeeeeat!!!

part upgrade rework?

um... what's chaging.. let's see...

Start the upgrade and get 2 to 3 bonuses from the list. In this case, the player receives one bonus from each group in the list.

• Bonuses, as before, are randomly selected.
  • The amount of bonuses received is predetermined. This means that if you got 2 bonuses when upgrading a part, then with a second upgrade, their number cannot increase.

XO BECOMES P2W GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

P2W because instead of 1 bonus you receive 2 or 3, depending on how much bonus groups this part has?
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

New rarity old parts need 2x amount of resorces = more grinding 

Good job Devs.

How you help new player?

Edited by crackpower
more

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Please, check out the whole recipe and the number of parts needed to create a new one, comparing to what's on the live server.
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Sasherz said:

or am I wrong?

Special is the new rarity

Edited by Blasted_Off

Great solution of radar armor problem. Thx.

Sorry to say, but those next plans will have really massive impact. Especially:

1) changed parts upgrades seems like not well thought out. Why do not make it simply less random as we suggested many times (do not make upgrade such as in all parts involved in fusion or do not repeat any old upgrade),

2) cabins energy change means you buff some of them (e.g. currently 11 energy epic cabins) and nerf the others (e.g. currently 12 energy epic cabins), so do you plan to compesate it?

Edited by gumaak__CG_
  • Upvote 2