PartsGuy

New player here

Welcome to the wasteland partsguy, if you would like to join a chill clan Da Pack is recruiting... also looks like dueces could use some market tips from me ;)

18 hours ago, theMELTING said:

Welcome to the wasteland partsguy, if you would like to join a chill clan Da Pack is recruiting... also looks like dueces could use some market tips from me ;)

I never turn down good information. May the day I stop learning be the same I die.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Yea, you guys are pretty negative all right. LOL Granted I'm new but have played a ton, already to level 26. Maybe you all are overthinking things and too hung up on the details? The developer needs to mix stuff up and nerf/buff so that people change up their rides and do different things. I can imagine the pain of paying a ton of coin and then getting what you bought nerfed. That would suck, agreed. But probably still needed.

My gripes so far:
DRONES, TURRETS, BOTS and AUTO GUNS

None of these things should be in a game like this. Humans should have to fire and no auto anything. Just you, your machine and your aiming. If it's not attached then it shouldn't exist.

I also think the bots are FAR too accurate with their cannons. They never stinking miss! Bots (meaning anything AI) should have a random chance of a direct hit assigned so you have a chance. Humans I can often get away without damage, never bots when in their sights, just BOOM cannon hit.

Otherwise lots of fun. Just don't take it too serious. Build crazy stuff, go get blown up and repeat. Great stress relief!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PartsGuy said:

Yea, you guys are pretty negative all right. LOL Granted I'm new but have played a ton, already to level 26. Maybe you all are overthinking things and too hung up on the details?

I agree and its been almost 3 years I'm here. I'm one of the few that believes Crossout is like Rock-Paper-Scissors and you are just unlukcy that sometimes you can't counter or is countered by someone in the other team. Of course team play, skill and strategy are core necessities in this game but even the most MvP guy can be countered by something or just ran out of luck eventually. That being said, I don't believe there is something so OP that can break the game... atm at least.

6 minutes ago, PartsGuy said:

My gripes so far:

None of these things should be in a game like this. Humans should have to fire and no auto anything. Just you, your machine and your aiming. If it's not attached then it shouldn't exist.

They are easily countered by machineguns and long ranged shotguns, with cannons being the ones that suffers the most from their presence. When I spot a build that mine is weak against, its always a good idea to stick with someone that can lend you a hand just in case.

7 minutes ago, PartsGuy said:

I also think the bots are FAR too accurate with their cannons. They never stinking miss! Bots (meaning anything AI) should have a random chance of a direct hit assigned so you have a chance. Humans I can often get away without damage, never bots when in their sights, just BOOM cannon hit.

That's lazy coding on dev's part since they made the bots extremely accurate to compensate for the lack of a proper rounting, response time and map awareness.

8 minutes ago, PartsGuy said:

Otherwise lots of fun. Just don't take it too serious. Build crazy stuff, go get blown up and repeat. Great stress relief!!!

In the end, I'm with you on this :014:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PartsGuy said:

Yea, you guys are pretty negative all right.

It gets pretty repetitive, though.  So, if you can appreciate the Grind in Crossout, I guess you can start to tune out the same old excuses, and accusations that keep repeating here.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

It gets pretty repetitive, though.  So, if you can appreciate the Grind in Crossout, I guess you can start to tune out the same old excuses, and accusations that keep repeating here.

I'm a sucker for grinding, leveling up, 100% completionist... it's a time suck, but I'd rather play a game than watch TV. I'm 44 and probably older than most here, but I've been playing games since Atari and NES in the early 80s. How video games have progressed over my lifetime is amazing. I'm as much of a fan now as I was back then. When I see games like Crossout compared to what we played in the 80s it's incredible. It may account why I put up with minor grievances. Back in the day you had a few lives and if you died you started over from the very beginning. Now THAT was a HELL most of you will never know. That was grinding to the extreme, makes Crossout grind seem easy.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, PartsGuy said:

I'm 44 and probably older than most here, but I've been playing games since Atari and NES in the early 80s.

I just turned 46!  Yeah, the first video game I played was Tennis for 2, on an Oscilloscope.  

Kids these days, complaining when they never had it so good.  The first system i played, we had to wire up with a soldering iron, out of schematics from the back of a magazine!

Before that, i played Colossal Cave Adventure, on a Sinclair 1000.  Tape drive.  We had to upload the game, on a cassette tape, and use our imaginations!

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, PartsGuy said:

I'm 44 and probably older than most here

You're the same age as the majority of people who play Crossout. Most of the people I've played with on XBOX are over 35.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, PartsGuy said:

Now THAT was a HELL most of you will never know. That was grinding to the extreme, makes Crossout grind seem easy.

7 hours ago, PartsGuy said:

I'm 44 and probably older than most here, but I've been playing games since Atari and NES in the early 80s. How video games have progressed over my lifetime is amazing

Game had a survey done last way back

The majority of forumers are middle aged, you’re not different, I’m the youngest in my clan by 10 years and I’m 23. And on the forums a large majority are in the 30+ range, Ive met retirees in game, and guys with grandkids.

Ive never understood why so many go so hard about their age on in the forums on who’s the closest to grey hairs and passing in their sleep, as if 2/3’s of the people responding to you aren’t literaly in your age group if not older. Especially while we all play this sandbox card game that’s rated E +10 for children 

And heads up, it took the better part of 2 years before relics became remotely accessible for a majority of the heavy users in this game. 

Please tell me a game with a longer grind to its end game tier weapons

Edited by VileCrib_3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Very interesting, never would have guessed the age thing. I had made a small remark regarding grinding and how Crossout feels like games from the 80's where you'd play for a gazillion be hours before finally getting to the next level.

Maybe us old guys like car games? We grew up watching BattleBots after all. It's also not as twitchy as many games like Apex or Fortnite which I hate, my kids like them though. PUBG is okay, I suck though.

What were we even talking about in this thread??? I still really hate drones, serious buzz kill of many matches. They do too much damage and it's tough to fire into the sky be and be shot from cars at the same time. I could really do without drones in this game.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, PartsGuy said:

What were we even talking about in this thread??? I still really hate drones, serious buzz kill of many matches. They do too much damage and it's tough to fire into the sky be and be shot from cars at the same time. I could really do without drones in this game.

Preaching to the choir 

Another brain dead build being added to the game

High ps is finally going to get invaded by drones...

Was fun while it lasted

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, PartsGuy said:

What were we even talking about in this thread???

Your thread, I'll follow your lead.  I grew up with Transformers, and Legos.  So, I took apart transformers, and put them back together with other parts.  Even played "Frankenstien" I had a "Lab" instead of a garage.  I was one of those kids that took stuff apart, to see what made them tick.

I still am.  It's hard to believe we're all old farts here, because a lot of us really haven't grown up that much.

Drones are, meh.  Okay, so what if somebody doesn't have "Skiil," or try as hard as me.  Even if they win, so what?  "Don't use drones, it's not fair!  I'm telling!"

Feh.

• Upvote 3

True, transformers also probably made me like this game. Good point. Plus we had super hero cars in the 80s like the General Lee and KITT, Batmobile, etc

I'm not complaining about drones, bots, turrets too much. As a 3 week old player my feedback is those things seem annoying and a little out of place while I like pretty much everything else about the game. Move dev feedback than anything, not that I see them posting in here at all. I think if the AI was a little less accurate all of the time it would be better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PartsGuy said:

I'm not complaining about drones, bots, turrets too much. As a 3 week old player my feedback is those things seem annoying and a little out of place while I like pretty much everything else about the game.

Dont worry

Theyll feel just as annoying as you reach higher power score 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PartsGuy said:

True, transformers also probably made me like this game. Good point. Plus we had super hero cars in the 80s like the General Lee and KITT, Batmobile, etc.

I'm probably going to catch some flak for this, but for the old geezers like me, there's also the Post Apocalyptic/Sci-Fi of the era, like Mad Max, Terminator...  Not a whole lot of Terminator in here, their "Cyborgs" were basically androids covered in flesh to make them more convincing, but there was even the party scene from Weird Science.

jennifer-balgobin_1913892.jpg

That^ right there was the character that got me into playing Biker Chic with all my friends.  One of my first "Boyfriends" was this kid named Mason, because he had mini-bikes, and go-carts.  We also used to play Field Hockey with the go-carts, mini-bikes, and armadillos.  (They rolled up in a ball when you hit them with a stick.)

Before we had decent Video Games, we had friends, and our imaginations...  

And Movies.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

Not a whole lot of Terminator in here, their "Cyborgs" were basically androids covered in flesh to make them more convincing

header.jpg?t=1580186411

"Am I a joke to you?"

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

On 1/27/2020 at 11:01 AM, PartsGuy said:

Yea, you guys are pretty negative all right. LOL Granted I'm new but have played a ton, already to level 26. Maybe you all are overthinking things and too hung up on the details? The developer needs to mix stuff up and nerf/buff so that people change up their rides and do different things. I can imagine the pain of paying a ton of coin and then getting what you bought nerfed. That would suck, agreed. But probably still needed.

My gripes so far:

Just remember the outspoken are only a small portion of the comunity.  And don't really reflect its general opinion of the game. 

I for one think people on these forums are wineier than any game community I've been in thus far.  I don't agree with even a quarter of what is complained about. 

Its like Atari games.  Sift through all the **** points and u will find a good one.  But there's a lot of derpy boo hooing.... 

It Kind of comes with the coupling of high customization with heavy PvP focus.  People get; as a troll would state it; "xxxxxxxx" - sounds like "boot hurt" 

Edited by tenshiijin
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

header.jpg?t=1580186411

"Am I a joke to you?"

LOL!  I said "Not a whole lot," not none.

And yeah.  Pretty much a joke.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, PartsGuy said:

My friends are I have only been playing a couple weeks and just have to say this game is awesome. Love grinding myself...although it's SLOWWWWW.

I see like most games every updates brings people happy or mad about the changes. I guess as someone new I don't know what it used to be and only see what I see (pure awesomeness). SO stay positive everyone, this game is a gem and so stinking much fun blowing battlebots up.

Support this game, buy a 3day pass once in a while to keep devs working on the game. Not much else to say, first post here. Carry on!

Awesome. welcome. find some good friends stick with them. if it wasn't for the guys i've played with for almost 3 years now...i'd have left a long time ago. 

On 1/27/2020 at 9:49 PM, VileCrib_3 said:

Please tell me a game with a longer grind to its end game tier weapons

Warframe, Neverwinter. 

Edited by HAILCAESAR01481

yeah, i was going to list it because i have friends who said it was super grindy. more so than Xout.....but i never played it. 

There's a trend....F2P being the commonality. Makes sense though, from a business standpoint. I think players understand this, but devs still try to hide the fact that in F2P's they are literally begging for someone to pay for content to make their game succeed. Why hide it now-a-days? Players are smarter or "hip to the game" of F2P's now, more so than even 5 years ago. 

Edited by HAILCAESAR01481