Ka1deron

[Developer blog] New faction parts, part upgrade and balance changes. Mass testing

developer's%20diary%20table2.jpg

Hello there, survivors!

Another week — another mass testing! We made a number of changes to the tweaks that have already been announced and we are re-opening the test server so that you can study everything and share your opinion.

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. You can study all the planned changes in detail on the special test server!

New rarity

We are not planning major changes with the announced “special” rarity. Until the release of the update, only the characteristics of parts and/or their crafting recipes may be adjusted.

We would like to talk more about the perks for parts that have been moved into the new rarity.

“Special” weapons will have perks if:

• They are not the first in their series (like “Synthesis”, “Emily”, “Goblin”, etc.). In other words, if they have a “rare” analogue. You can always check the weapon series in the technology tree.
  • If the “epic” analogue of this weapon has a perk.

Part upgrade rework

For this testing, we fixed some issues that you informed us about. Otherwise, the mechanic remains the same and you can upgrade the parts again, try to get the desired result and share information with those players who will not be able to join the testing this week.

As for the players who already had upgraded parts, we prepare a change for them. It won’t be available during this test, as we’re still working on it. The new mechanic will work the following way:

• If the old bonus is included in the new upgrade system, then it will be saved without any increase in the bonus. Additional random bonuses from other groups will be added to it. The number of additional bonuses depends on the number of upgrade groups for each part.
  • If the old upgrade is not included in the new list of possible bonuses, then all new bonuses will be randomly selected.
  • To repeatedly upgrade this part, you will need to use two more identical parts as usual.

As always, let's look at an example. Suppose you have a “GL-55 Impulse” with an upgrade providing increased explosion damage. Then:

• Your “Impulse” will still have the same explosive damage bonus.
  • Two more random bonuses from the two remaining groups will be added to this bonus.

If your “Impulse” had an upgrade, for example, to reduce recoil (which we plan to remove), then the grenade launcher will get three new random bonuses.

Cabin rework

The cabin rework proposed in the previous testing is a fairly global change. We are confident that such changes need to be carefully studied and evaluated before they are released to the live server. We thank everyone who left their feedback on the new energy distribution system and those who simply played and helped in collecting statistics. We will study and evaluate all the data and voice our decision after the next major update. Do not expect the cabin rework in the update with the new faction.

In the nearest update changes in the parameters will affect only “Bat”, “Jawbreaker” and “Pilgrim”, which move into “special” rarity.

Attention! The changes in the parameters of cabins of "special" rarity are not final and may not be implemeted to the  game (live) server!

Reworked effect of explosive damage on radars

Today we would like to give you the opportunity to try out the most popular community-suggested solution for the problem of radar armour.

We examined your suggestions and comments on the early announcement of the limit testing (in the Q&A). Therefore:

• As a test, we set a limit of 1 radar per car.
  • The restriction applies only to conventional radars that do not consume energy.

Hover balance tweaks

The latest testing of hover changes did not go as expected, due to several issues. Today we suggest you try out a less radical change that will affect only the altitude of cars with this chassis.

On the test server, the flight altitude of cars with hovers is reduced by 14%.

Parts of the new faction

new%20weapons.gif

On the test server, we also give you weapons and cabin of the new faction, which will appear in the game in the next update. Test, experiment and share your experiences with us!

Please note that the parts (their parameters, descriptions, etc.) may not be final.

Clan battles

In the next update, we also plan to improve clan battles. These changes cannot be evaluated on the test server, but we would like to inform you about them in advance.

We plan to return to the system of “safe” leagues. Let's recall the basic principles:

• Clans in leagues below Diamond will not be able to drop to the league below the one in which they are, until the end of the current season.
  • If you lose points in the diamond league, the clan descends to the gold league and can no longer go down this season.
  • If the clan reaches the minimum number of points in the current league (except Diamond), subsequent defeats will not take away rating points.
  • With the start of the next season, all clans will still move to the league below.

We plan to add limits on the amount of ore that can be earned weekly in a particular league for victories in battles. The least amount of ore will be in the Bronze league, while in Gold and Diamond leagues you’ll earn the max. amount.

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. You can study all the planned changes in detail on the special test server!

How to get to the test server?

If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.

• Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
  • Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
  • Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example: D:\Public test\Crossout).
  • After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
  • The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
  • After logging in to the server to transfer the progress from your account, you must press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
  • Please note the schedule of the test server:
    • Friday, January 24, 2020: from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
    • Saturday, January 25, 2020 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
    • Sunday, January 26, 2020 from 15:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
  • Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).

After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework in THIS THREAD (it will open a bit later after the launch of the test server).

You may leave your bug reports regarding all the issues you’ve encountered on the test server HERE.

The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.

Facebook.jpgVK.jpgtwt.jpgInstagramm.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Great News.

Fusion:
I like that you changed the fusion system, at least the one perk we rerolled and rerolled will remain the same (if the perk still exists)

Clans:
I also like the return of safe CW leagues, can you give us a hint on what the weekly limit will be?
You say bronze is the least amount, but does that mean 20 per week? 50 per Week? Will 150 (current limit) be increased or will that be the max amount in gold/diamond?

New Toys:
Always appreciated :D

Radar:
Nice, Finally. Sucks for Art builds but at least its an efficent Solution -> Maybe make Decor ones for Art builds?

Hovers:
Will be interesting but I think the lower height and Radar change should nerf them enough in high PS :)

Edited by v3rgi1

Ka1deron (Posted )

v3rgi1, hello! The following limits are still being worked at and we will definitely share more details on that later

If the old bonus is included in the new upgrade system, then it will be saved without any increase in the bonus NICE (said the guy who fused 3 parts last week)

to any crybabies , they had to do it, people with 2x fused reload aegis would have huge advantage in cw

REQUEST to testers, pls test difference between fused parts that will transition to future patch and fused parts fused in future patch

As a test, we set a limit of 1 radar per car , simple solutions are the best (watch radar prices plumit xD)

On the test server, the flight altitude of cars with hovers is reduced by 14%  its still a solid nerf for cw if it means they cant hover above porcupine

i only hope higher ps crickets wont get more dmg (the higher ps - tankier builds the better cricket is)

its starting to look like a great update keep it up  and good luck devs

Edited by alpha1q

Ka1deron (Posted )

alpha1q, the public test server is already available and, as always, there'll be a special thread where you can share your detailed feedback (it will be opened later on the forums)

This is a revert that suits these Devs and Publisher very well...
For the sake of keeping HoverBois in game (Because they are spending more then an average player...) they reverted hover nerf...
Enjoy more desolated game then...

Ka1deron (Posted )

TUGRA_KHAN, hello! As it has already been mentioned, during the previous public testing the hovers have had various issues realted to their height and acceleration. This time the following issues have been fixed, but there are still changes included to the hovers this time.
  • Haha 1

Lets see it this time, hope there wont be any test server issues.

Part upgrade rework - good there wont be any stronger perks, but whats the point of new system anyway, just to give more bonuses, why, this isn't anything better for most of the players as they will need to pay more to get they best bonuses, only rich players will have advantage, this doesn't help players at all, its not good no matter how u put it.
Another question is, whats with the rule that u can't get the same perk upgrading second time, is it still there? Even if it is there, cabin mass is now in a group of 3 bonuses, so again, u can try to upgrade it forever right? That's another thing that is not good at all for players, to be honest i dont see a single good thing in this new system for most of players, everything is worse.

Cabins - well ok, but it looked fine.

Radars - you proposed other solution week ago, now it is different? I think part limit is better, i dont use them, but cmon, 1 is to low, ppl want backup, it should be at least 2, be to be honest it would be an issue if it was max 4, its fine even if hovers would have it, much lower than currently, they have even like 8-12 now.

New hardware - nice we can test it.

Clan Wars - doesn't look good at all, so what, u will now nerf the amount of ore possible to get in lower leagues, less than 100 or 150 with premium? This is breaking some principal rules, its gross, this is unacceptable.
You shouldn't touch the limit in a negative way, its not only not fair for ppl below gold but you are selling premium that allows to get the max 150 ore per week, u cant just change it now, everyone that bought it before any changes known to them should have the limit set by the rules that applied when they bought it, u are selling goods and this have some implications, u cant lower the goods value after purchase, not sure if this is even legal, but it would for sure be cheating your customers at a minimum, not fine.
The only way this could work is if players in gold or diamond will get more ore limit than 100 and 150 with premium and the rest will stay at the current limits, and good, you should encourage teams in higher leagues to stay there and not punishing everyone below gold, cuz this is the whole issue right? Teams going down cuz there is no reward for being in higher league, besides 1 ore more in diamond there is nothing.
So maybe instead of punishing everyone else, you just give 1 ore more for win in gold, 2 ore more for win in diamond, this is something that will keep teams in higher leagues, as it will be worth it.

If not and u really plan to lower the ore limit below current values then prepare for what is coming at you by the players, it wont be pleasant, it could be potentiality a deal breaker, as i can tell you for sure, no one below gold will be happy about that, they just wanted a solution to prevent higher leagues teams to go lower and obliterate them, not to take ore limits from them.

Edited by szefopl

Ka1deron (Posted )

We have received a lot of valuable feedback during the previous public test access and it helped us to solve a number of issues. But it's worth saying that this server is still a test one, so you may encounter some elements that are being worked at.

i pretty sure bonus for already upgraded item shouldn't be random. We should be able to choose. We need to be able to choose the other options. i upgraded my items and i made sure that the cool down of weapon is not different each other. But if new option added makes them different, their shoot time is not same, and it may interrupt me. 

I say again. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHOOSE NEW ADDITIONAL OPTIONS.

Ka1deron (Posted )

rozteddy, the upgrade system received a number of changes based on the results of the previous testing. In the following stage you will still have both the bonus that you already had before and additional bonuses too
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Might be a waste of time as I don't have access. But can a cab be given an inbuilt radar at some point? With the new rarity it makes sense as something an in between would have. We have ones with integrated melee why not other utility?

That said, I love the radar change though personally I would have the limit at 2 so you can have some redundency and not damage art builds.

Also a suggestion for later: please add another version of the Tow that is for the lower level play, and give it a perk that plays to its strength like double damage to movement parts or something.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Warbrand2, hello! We will see the way the radar limitation performs on this test server. We know that there are a number of art - builds that use the radars, but there's also a fact that the builds with a lot of radars installed may get the superiority in battles (and not in the way that has been intended)
  • Like 2

limit the radars to 1 of the energyless, thats perfect, crossout shouldnt be about who cna strap 50+ radars on a build

I hope the safe leagues stays permanent this time, there is so many top clans droping score on purpouse, making it harder for the new people to get into clan wars.

so far looks good

31 minutes ago, Ka1deron said:

Part upgrade rework

As for the players who already had upgraded parts, we prepare a change for them. It won’t be available during this test, as we’re still working on it. The new mechanic will work the following way:

• If the old bonus is included in the new upgrade system, then it will be saved without any increase in the bonus.

you mean for ever? 

I mean----> if I re-fuse a "previously upgraded part" I'll always keep my "old" perk and will only change the "new ones"? ? ? ? 

• Additional random bonuses from other groups will be added to it. The number of additional bonuses depends on the number of upgrade groups for each part.

so... there will be ZERO compensation right... we will no be able to choose the "group" of New stats... :100_100_10:

• If the old upgrade is not included in the new list of possible bonuses, then all new bonuses will be randomly selected.

so...AGAIN,  there will be ZERO compensation right... we will no be able to choose the "group" of New stats... :100_100_10:

• To repeatedly upgrade this part, you will need to use two more identical parts as usual.

at least we should have the option to choose the new group, o revert the fused item into the original pieces ....

Woodyrojo (Posted )

No, the old bonus won't be kept forever. You have a fused part - update rolls out - you check your part and see that it has the old bonus and 2 additional random ones - you decide to re-fuse the part and receive 3 new random perks and have an option: accept these 3 new ones or stay with the previous perks.
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rozteddy said:

i pretty sure bonus for already upgraded item shouldn't be random. We should be able to choose. We need to be able to choose the other options. i upgraded my items and i made sure that the cool down of weapon is not different each other. But if new option added makes them different, their shoot time is not same, and it may interrupt me. 

I say again. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHOOSE NEW ADDITIONAL OPTIONS.

This random sort of ruins things. IT means you have to waste time with luck and that isn't saticfying.

Example do to random I destroyed a lot of purple ammo boxes trying to get a cartridge one.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

About the new upgrade system, if i have something fused that has a perk thats no longer in the new system it gets replaced with perks from the new system. So that means if the new perks are not what i want, im getting screwed over because i used parts to fuse and goot a perk i dont want at the end.

And whats up with the lower hovers? Why do you think thats necesary? First it was only when hovers are mixed, now its all hovers. Why would you lower them in the first place? People were complaining about hover being able to take to much damage but that over with the radar fix. Why introduce another nerf factor, hovers are already way to low!

Porcs maybe? 

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! The following change is not related to the porcupines - the previous test server's tweaks have seemed too radical, which is why we decided to take a different approach.

1 hour ago, Ka1deron said:

Part upgrade rework

For this testing, we fixed some issues that you informed us about. Otherwise, the mechanic remains the same and you can upgrade the parts again, try to get the desired result and share information with those players who will not be able to join the testing this week.

• If the old bonus is included in the new upgrade system, then it will be saved without any increase in the bonus. Additional random bonuses from other groups will be added to it. The number of additional bonuses depends on the number of upgrade groups for each part.

Facebook.jpgVK.jpgtwt.jpgInstagramm.jpg

So by old bonus do you mean things like like "Mass" or "tonnage" or whatever?

And will that % bonus be reduced to the new bonus or will it stay the same as our current bonus?

Edited by RoughMonkey

Change in Fusion/Upgrade mechanics:

This is unacceptable. The Game is not exactly the most rewarding, and being a player since the start of closed beta, i hardly ever got any recognition for my contribution. Having parts fused before the mechanics change should give a boost to the acquired bonus, as it was planned. And to the people trying to argument with "crybaby" comments, yes, i have a right to state my discomfort over being forced on the same level as new players despite my long time commitment. Instead of people crying over fused aegises, maybe fix the problem by limiting the amount of aegises to one per vehicle. This fix is long overdue.

Please reconsider this decision and reward long time commitment for once. It would be nice for a change.

Hover changes:

The altitude change is nice and all, so did we just forget about fixing sideways hovers now? Again the real Solution to a propblem gets delayed because alot of people are crying to loose their cheesy exploit builds. I do not exactly care how you fix the sideways hovers, which give a massive advantage over ANY vehicle in the game right now, but to me the strave speed reduction is the only way. The acceleration on tires and the massive speed loss when turning makes tires one of the most unreliable movement parts of the game right now, and nowhere able to properly compete with sideways hovers in a 1 v 1. In a sandbox car shooter that's not exactly promising.

Lowering the hovers still is a much welcomed fix, because hovers, like always, are the only movement parts that can easily get aways by simply hovering over enemy vehicles whenever they get too close.

Once again i beg you to reward long time commitment with the new Upgrade reworks. Because at the moment, i have literally nothing that distinguishes me from a newcomer apart from amassed items.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, GKFreshD said:

i have literally nothing that distinguishes me from a newcomer apart from amassed items.

...Experience, a top tier build, clanmates with top tier builds, Uranium, amassed Coins to invest in the new economy, Prestige structure parts, reputation...

But other than that, yeah.  Nothing between you, and a new player with a Huntsman, van parts, and chords, because he saw a video by PewDiePie.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

LOL. Okay so now we talk about names and reputation, Yeap, totally SHOWS my difference from a new player. Premium parts? Are ALL obtainable by buying packs -> ergo no difference to new players buying into the game. Clanmates: yea like i dont have clanmates which joined 2 months back and are playing better than 95 percent of the playerbase because they dont run around brainless ramming teammates to steal kills. 

But go ahead, trying to distinguish yourself from some new players with your "reputation".... talk about imaginary stuff in a game. GG

Just admit that you are jealous of the people who actually commited to the game and might get a chance on long term bonuses.

Edited by GKFreshD
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ka1deron said:

As a test, we set a limit of 1 radar per car.

In military parlance, two is one, and one is none.

If you're putting a radar on your vehicle for the purpose of having radar, having 2 would be nice, just in case one gets blown off. And there are people like me, who like making symmetrical builds.  I think the limit should be 2.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

@Ka1deron Thanks for the answer but why do you even lower them in the first place, thats what i want to know. People were complaining about hovers being to tanky, that problem is adressed with the radar fix. So why do you lower them, nobody asked for that, hovers are already extremly low compared to where they once were.

I suggested porcs as I spent 15min watching Treeburger stream some cw yesterday and the hover builds just fly over the porcs making a Relic weapon completely irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bonkers247 said:

I suggested porcs as I spent 15min watching Treeburger stream some cw yesterday and the hover builds just fly over the porcs making a Relic weapon completely irrelevant.

Not completely, it just means that they use them like Grenade Launchers for direct fire, instead of Minelayers.  It sucks that Hovers can just float over mines, though.  Hopefully the new ride height will fix that.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Bonkers247 said:

Why are Porqs irrelevant now? You mean you want them to be even more OP against EVERY vehicle now because having kapkans and skinner is not enough to make them deadly to literally ANY build that does not get them in a favourable spot? Stop trying to make one weapon the answer to everything in this game people. There are counters to every type of build in this game, and it should stay that way.

Edited by GKFreshD
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, GKFreshD said:

Because at the moment, i have literally nothing that distinguishes me from a newcomer apart from amassed items.

As it should be, and im here since start of open beta as well.
We had different ways to get parts, maybe even faster. Remember Seasons? 1 blue and 1 purple EACH weeek, not all 2 like now with badges

But the "Stronger" perks would've been an not conquerable hurdle for new players, fixing the position of anyone that has the perks in the CW table.
AT MOST, we should be able to select all the perks we want on already fusioned parts, because some spent a lot of coins to get the right fusion with the old system

Edited by v3rgi1
  • Upvote 4

devs, i dont mean i hate that i get current bonus + new bonus after the upgrade is patched. I just want to choose the additional bonus. I put my coins to upgrade my items for one option, which is as same as two specific bonus in upcoming upgrade. If my currently upgraded item gets random bonus, it ignores my effort and coins i put to upgrade items. Thats the reason why i want to choose additional options.

For example, in the case of weapon, about nine times of upgrade is equivalent to one item with wanted bonus. what u r saying is, just be happy one more retry. if i upgraded it after the patch, nine times of upgrade might be two bonuses that i wanted. However, if i bring already upgraded item to next patch, by only 1/3 of chance, i get the item with two bonuses that i wanted. even numerically, this is not enough compensation. 

LET ME CHOOSE THE ADDITIONAL BONUS AS COMPENSATION or GIVE MORE RETRY FOR NEW BONUSES FOR ALREADY UPGRADED ITEM

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, v3rgi1 said:

Great News.

Fusion:
I like that you changed the fusion system, at least the one perk we rerolled and rerolled will remain the same (if the perk still exists)

i don't get it , if i fuse again the old perk (for example tonnage) remains the same but additional perks change ? and what if i fuse after patch whats the difference?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GKFreshD said:

Why are Porqs irrelevant now? You mean you want them to be even more OP against EVERY vehicle now because having kapkans and skinner is not enough to make them deadly to literally ANY build that does not get them in a favourable spot? Stop trying to make one weapon the answer to everything in this game people. There are counters to every type of build in this game, and it should stay that way.

You misunderstood. I think they've lowered hovers because ATM they fly over the porcs not taking any damage.

• Thanks 3

Suggestion: No debuffs on old fused items, since they were not a part of the gamble in the old system.

Otherwise, a lot of good changes there.

Edited by *Jomar_SL
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1