psiberzerker

Daily Builds (Showcase)

Cannon Day:

1DA6FBF44540B60EBE41591CA608603D6EA5BF7D

Yesterday, one of the "Challenges" was to craft 1 part on a Workbench, for 25 scrap.  No rental to craft an Avenger (-30 Scrap) then today, one of the "Challenges" was to buy, or sell something on the Market.  (+25 Scrap.)

I'll probably do the same thing again next Cannon Day.  I expect it will be Shotgun day next...

Feel free to post your own Machinegun (Minigun, or Combat Laser) day, Shotgun Day, or Cannon (Turret Cannon, or Plasma Cannon) day builds here:

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 2

Made that thing 2 days ago to finally get the rare drone/wheeled drone banners.

D7k4afc.jpg

I was mostly ramming enemy cannoneers and stuff, while letting the drones do their crap. I'm decently pleased by the car in itself, it's powerful, decently fast, quite tough with that radar in front, and handles well. Too bad it's using cursed weaponry.

And drones are op. You could literally sit in the middle of the map drooling on your keyboard, you'd still make 300-400 pts.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

D7k4afc.jpg

And drones are op. You could literally sit in the middle of the map drooling on your keyboard, you'd still make 300-400 pts.

Looks good, too!  That's one of the reasons to use Drones:  The box is real easy to build around, so you don't spoil the lines by plonking a big honking Mammoth on top, which would look rediculous.  About the only other option would be loading up on Barriers, and playing DamMit.  (Damage Mitigation, basically Tank without the Taunt.)

Do Machinegun Drones count for the Machinegun/Minigun/Combat Laser daily?  That's what this showcase is for, but I'm not going to ding you for going Off Topic if you keep sharing beautiful rides.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah, and it's Machinegun day:

96F2C592706781A758BF7FEB32E9E55ABE341D55

That includes Combat Laser, but I'm mostly showing off my new Detector.

(Colossus Occulus on Exhibition.)

Edited by psiberzerker

On 2/3/2020 at 10:37 AM, Clebardman said:

D7k4afc.jpg

Wanted to make an adaptable rapier/plasma emitter car in the same style than my LB car. Turned out the rear and sides are like, 90% similar. Still, different cab, different front, much lighter.

oxcGRBC.jpg

And yes, I'm liking my Photochrome paint so far :p

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Wanted to make an adaptable rapier/plasma emitter car in the same style than my LB car. Turned out the rear and sides are like, 90% similar. Still, different cab, different front, much lighter.

oxcGRBC.jpg

And yes, I'm liking my Photochrome paint so far :p

Didn't you already clear the Plasma Emitter challenge from like a week ago? 

Nice looking ride, man.  Especillay like what you did with the Strengthened Double Slope in the corners.  

Also, while I got you here, I just unlocked my Blockchain.  Is it me, or is that thing almost impossible to armor?

Edited by psiberzerker

2 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Didn't you already clear the Plasma Emitter challenge from like a week ago? 

Nice looking ride, man.  Especillay like what you did with the Strengthened Double Slope in the corners.  

Also, while I got you here, I just unlocked my Blockchain.  Is it me, or is that thing almost impossible to armor?

Yep, I did. With my LB car xD. Just deleted the two cannons and the ammo box and slapped three Synthesis on it. But I wanted a good/sexy rapier car since ages, so I decided to do that a couple days ago.

I don't have Blockchain so far (and honestly, they're at the bottom of my list of Founders parts I wanna grab :p), but they look absolutely huge for the durability, so I expect them to be a pain in the butt to armor. Your best chance will probably be to do something like that:

UC9wHTW.jpg

Would like to see a screencap if you manage to armor them well :p

8 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

I don't have Blockchain so far (and honestly, they're at the bottom of my list of Founders parts I wanna grab :p), but they look absolutely huge for the durability, so I expect them to be a pain in the butt to armor. Your best chance will probably be to do something like that:

UC9wHTW.jpg

The junkbow?  Tried that, barrel obstruction.  The "Barrel" is so low, you can't even put a slope in front of it.

At least it's an energy weapon?  Nailgun's just 1 spot lower on my list, because I'm pretty much "Go Photon, or Go Home" at this point.  It's just my favorite cabin, but I haven't tried the new one yet.  

Edited by psiberzerker

2 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Tried that, barrel obstruction.  The "Barrel" is so low, you can't even put a slope in front of it.

Try to slap a catch bumper in front of it. It's half a block high, and the go-to part to armor fidly guns like Vectors and Rapiers.

I just cleared the 5,000 damage with a Shotgun in 1 raid.

487C44BB60BFF44E6D35A3369383A919B966B412

"Shoddy Wedge" on Exhibition.  I know, it ain't pretty, but it works.

Edited by psiberzerker

7 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Try to slap a catch bumper in front of it. It's half a block high, and the go-to part to armor fidly guns like Vectors and Rapiers.

Ooh, good call, man!  Thanks!

Update:  Yeah, that works, ish.  (Still doesn't actually offer that much protection on it's own, but it's a start.)  I think I'm going to rip off someone's Reaper Sandwitch from the Exhibition, and try that.

Sweet jebus this thing is huge!  For what you get out of it, I mean yeah.  I have a photon, and yeah, with Aurora you can get 400 damage out of it, but it takes forever to warm them up.

I think this one is crap.  Next!

Edited by psiberzerker

Combat Laser Day

4C0F570CE3CB19D4FE8551D66FA238AD82DF3735

I'l go shoot off Radars some other day.  Yeah, I know it's motherbuttfugly, but it works.

• Like 1

I'm not aware of this radar shooting objective. Seems like a weird one. I will have to explore this notion.  Right now I'm trying to build a tank. It's not my thing and it's not going well. It's harder than I thought it would be. I like the events (I want to like the events) and every time they have one I feel inspired to build something in that theme. I felt like I needed a tank for multiple reasons, but the reason that's making it happen is the collectible tank goodies from this event. I need a proper tank to show of my trophies...and to complete cannon challenges, which is the one I usually ignore, because I stink with cannons, but I'm getting better. The tank event is good training.

• Thanks 1

This:

AD85AF50972A102D69166E2C05E46501A753490E

Just in.  3 of them with Photon is not "OP" by any stretch of the imagination, because it takes a few cycles to really get powerful.  It does get really powerful, but it also attracts a lot of attention/retaliation, so they will try to stop you.

The laser drills are extremely hard to armor with full rotation, but I've wanted to do a build like this for a long time.  Basically, I can't stand mini-guns, so "Reaper Sandwitch" is out, but the three dots...

In the "Mouth" should give you some idea what it alludes to, if not the color.

• Like 1

Cannon Day:

64A4F7AEC4EDE25A5AFF5129BE8A93D4FA966B7A

Well, this combo seems to work.  (PS 8819) especially in terms of Energy.  With a better Engine (I've got the Golden Eagle for the Augers) and maybe a Pulsar instead, the Laser Drills heat the target pretty well, and the Plasma cannon finishes them off, for 2 shot kills.  Assuming something that isn't too well armored to 2 shot, or too mobile to hit.  The plasma ball is pretty slow, and easy to dodge at that range.  (You want to try to keep them at as close to 200M as possible without going over.)

Combat Laser Day:

5319E53350F9A6CD33507BC237C28EEF40DBB067

I don't use Machineguns any more, I'm past the Power Score where they're effective.  Note; Prometheus and Trigger are very challenging to use together, and get the maximum Timing out of them.

No, I don't use Macros.  I enjoy the challenge.

Light Bringer:

AC38284A63852CEC78F47406201BD9DC70A4FF07

On Exhibition.  I guess it's technically still Combat Laser (And Machinegun) day, but I cleared those challenges in the first 20 minutes.

The barrel vault profile serves 2 purposes.  First of all, they clear the line of fire out the sides for the targeting laser, and secondly, they make me more stable on the worm drive than the sides.  This thing rolls right over, and keeps going.  Also, there just isn't any safe angle to ram it from.  If it comes to wedge vs wedge, there's lower wedges for me to ramp up on, but I'm going to scrape their guns off in the process, and if not, I'll polish them off with the Meat Grinder.  This thing chews up Shotgun Wedges, and spits them out with bare cabins to finish off when I come back around...

(Anyone else get's wedged, and destroyed on my catcher.)

Edited by psiberzerker

Updated for Cannon Day

173F0BF89568D22B9B3D37A600C68716E6AEA879

I've gotten to the point where I can just swap out the energy weapons I like, to adjust my loadout.  This thing is mean in the melee.  You wouldn't think it, those aren't melee weapons, but just the chassis by itself can handle SGWs, and Remedy bugs if you know how to drive it.  Take out their wheels first, then they're sitting ducks while I back out, and light 'em up.

I always lose the Quazar first, so there's no reason for an Ammo Box.  There's literally no way to armor it more without doubling the weight, and size of the entire ride.  At this PS, the Porcupine spam is real!

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

Nice! It looks intimidating. I'm betting it can handle a pretty severe case of the munchies. I like melee. I haven't done much of that lately, though.

6 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

Nice! It looks intimidating.

Well, if it doesn't look intimidating, what's the point?  I spend like 5 minutes on making a build that works, then like 2 hours making it look good, or intimidating.

That front end works fine against melee, you just don't want to stick around, because you have to be going full speed to get the full damage out of it.  It doesn't cost Energy, though.  Just weight, and Power Score, so you can use it with whatever guns you like.  I like Energy weapons.

"Pew Pew!"

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Haha 1

Well, it's Cannon Day, but as I haven't done anything to it (Just scroll up) Here:

76A5A2F8833C0DB8EC1475D9547BFF872E207B40

Is "Light Tank" on the Exhibition.  If you'll pardon the pun.

7931 Power Score, and 1387 (Nominal) Durability.  However, that stat is deceiving, because it doesn't count the Meat Grinders, nor the bumpers I have all the way around for Melee Resistance/Ramming Damage.

Again, I do all right in the Melee.  That's one of the major focii of these builds:  As much melee resistance, and Ramming damage as I can get, without spending any Energy on it.  I'm not as good as a specialized Melee build (SGW, Flamer, Harvester with various weapons to Trigger the perk...)

I'm not Weak against it, like some builds (Coughs "HOVERS!") are, however.  That's worth sacrificing some acelleration for.  I'm fast enough to get into a good postion, I have enough firepower to strip weapons, armor, movement and kill, if I have to, but also.

I basically don't have any weaknesses.  I don't have any hard counters.  So, you have to fight me, Skill vs Skill.  (I do all right.)

I don't have that 1 build that I fear, though.  That's the point of my builds.

Clever use of the avia fenders. That should keep the the fly-bots off your guns.

• Thanks 1