Discos211

Daily Builds (Showcase)

Ring Shank

5099EC797AC7989574315A21AF254113EB360D8D

It's cannon Day, and I have a machinegun challenge to clear, but I'm ready for Shotgun Day.  Nailguns rule!

• Upvote 1

F41AB2ECA9238B574251EBA688B3AD2FBF3A3D81

"Tackle Box" on Exhibition.  It was cannon Day, but I also had a 10,000 damage with Machineguns seasonal challenge, and I miss my Protectors.  Basically, playing Whirls for a week made me aware of how easy it is to get certain weapons (Like Nailguns) shot off, and I haven't tried these yet, so...

Really like the field of fire.  Yes, they're fixed forward weapons, but turned up like that, they have plenty of elevation, the azimuth (Side-to-side horizontal range) is good enough, for my purposes.  I have to turn to aim the Incinerator anyway, but the boxes are extremely easy to build into designs.  kinda makes up for the clunky "Perk' where you can tank, OR DPS, but not both at the same time.  For that, protectors are better, but for this body-tilt, Tacklers fit.

• Thanks 1

Oh yeah, and:

F04D9763824B16F3E79BAC2E5CA72A2563154118

Cannon Day.  

IMG-20200609-213617.jpg

I didn't know that tractor had a drone!? Sweet!

On 6/7/2020 at 7:56 PM, psiberzerker said:

I never noticed that the Hornet was a scaled down Oerlikon before?

I'm not sure what an Oerlikon is, but now I'm gonna go shoot stuff with hornets and see if I can bag me a green-horn. I know...that's taboo (trolling new players). I'm gonna do it anyway. It seems fair to me if I use their equipment (thin rationalization). I'll post my build here, if I manage to bag one. Now I have an objective.

This is why I like the forum; it helps me come up with creative ideas and an agenda for game play. Just grinding is tedious. This is better...and I still get resources, too.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DocSavage said:

I'm not sure what an Oerlikon is

A Suisse company that used to make Auto-cannons for the Luftwaffe, among others.  (Because Germany wasn't supposed to have any military industries, nor an Air Force to use Auto-cannons, they contracted out to other countries to do it for them.)  Now a part of Rheinmetall Air Defense.

otr_gun_kda_p02.jpg

Also, a Sawzall brand for Autocannons in general.  Not all riciprocating saws are "Sawzalls," that's a brand-name for Milwalkee, but if you ever worked demolitions, they're all "Sawzalls."

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Aurora counts for Machinegun Day.  Did it work for dealing 10,000 damage with a machinegun?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Aurora counts for Machinegun Day.  Did it work for dealing 10,000 damage with a machinegun?

Whaat, you tellin me it might be ok for that too, no matter how its energy thingy?

I did that 10000pts task with 1 Spectre and 1 aspect in a breeze, immediately when it was put up, and all the other weekly/daily ones in one nonstop session and i had a 2hrs of sleep after in before going to work :biggrin:...but i never knew the thing you are suggesting. Learning curve:012j:

Hey,you know this stuff in practice, so hit me up with name of baddest,machine-like sounding energy weapon. These 2 sound like two coins rubbing each other and its quite awful.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

57 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Hey,you know this stuff in practice, so hit me up with name of baddest, machine-like sounding energy weapon. These 2 sound like two coins rubbing each other and its quite awful.

Prometheus, Aurora, and Helios?

How about Wave-Motion Cannon?

tumblr_nkm2siFlkq1tlx2gqo8_400.gifv

Blockchain sounds pretty bada$$

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Hey,you know this stuff in practice, so hit me up with name of baddest,machine-like sounding energy weapon.

I'm listening too. I like the looks of the Prometheus, myself. I've seen you (Psy) tuck those away pretty nice. Some of these guns are hard to build around. The Prometheus looks good to me.
 The Hornets kinda suck though.SavageSteel-018.jpg.c50247e809ba5280fd96

I've been having trouble making my guns not fly-off like paper in the wind again.  I expected the Hornets would stink, but I did get a few kills. Did they "fix" something again? Because I don't recall my guns having such flimsy endurance. Seems like the only gun I can get to stick now are my Junkbows. I haven't done any cannon lately, so IDK about them.

On a higher note:

Doomsday-01.jpg.92fcef7d72e2d581297e7db6

I just leveled into that Griffon! Time to build something grungy. I hate that it's powerscore is so high. It's just going to make me cannon fodder for the veterans with better gear, so I'm sure I'll be bummed that nothing I do with it will work for me...and I can't sell it. I'm already talking myself out of it...we'll see.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DocSavage said:

I've seen you tuck those away pretty nice. Some of these guns are hard to build around. The Prometheus looks good to me.

Yeah, Promethes have broken clip-boxes.  You'd be amazed how much armor you can pack around, and especially behind them.  

A9EE1ACEF56D522CC1132EB689A0153502A6914F

Note how the back of the guns clip through the gun mounts behind them?  Also, insane elevation, and depression.  (Keep in mind, I took the front engine out of my 3 engine hover to tesh what happens when i inevitably lose it.  The build isn't supposed to be like that, but it says something that it's actually drivable likeat.)

• Like 1

Had a one night stand with this, did it for this days event missions and did  all the daily challenges with it quite easily and had fun.

IMG-20200616-052318.jpg

IMG-20200616-052640.jpg

IMG-20200616-052106.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Had a one night stand with this, did it for this days event missions  all the daily challenges with it quite easily and has fun.

IMG-20200616-052318.jpg

IMG-20200616-052640.jpg

IMG-20200616-052106.jpg

Blight masquerading as icebox.  I love the irony!

• Upvote 1

Yep but i like Blight better looking, its like chopped one and not as tanky.

Tomorrow most likely another new build for the challenges.

Coffin shakers droneboat;

IMG-20200618-043641.jpg

IMG-20200618-044117.jpg

IMG-20200618-043444.jpg

IMG-20200618-044029.jpg

IMG-20200618-044158.jpg

IMG-20200618-043937.jpg

IMG-20200618-043530.jpg

If only ive had just 8

more parts to put in it but nope, its 80 parts already. Took it to battles too,naturally.

How did i do with this coroner or funeral build inspired heavily by Doc ?

• Like 2

Steppe Eagle

8A34B33ADA7AFA6139743BFC3161655DCC1CF3CF

For Cannon Day, it's a bit of a max/min.  Meaning, I'm taking some of the slowest parts, and putting them together in a combination that's.  Less slow?  With Steppe Spider, Bigrams will crawl at 55km/H now, and Golden Eagle gets the screw jack up to 70.  It's not fast, but it's just fast enough.

Another problem is that even with the Ammo Buff, the Cannon is going to run out before the Catapult.  Generally want to lob the catapult first, then maneuver (Extremely maneuverable, and circle-strafes particularly well) to line up a shot.  It requires some patience, honestly more patience than I have, but I'm training up (Hans) for Cohort Support.  Spent a little too long indulging in Bigfoot, with Reaper...

Also, it's uggly, but the idea is that it was adapted from some sort of Amphibious craft, like a DUKW, that no longer floats.  I blame Colin Furze for that idea.

Edited by psiberzerker

7 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Not daily as in made today but i kept this for a few days without showing it.

"Daily" refers to the Daily Challenges:

Win X amount of battles with A Shotgun, A Machinegun, Minigun, or Comabt Laser.  A Cannon, Turret Cannon, or Plasma Cannon.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

"Daily" refers to the Daily Challenges:

Win X amount of battles with A Shotgun, A Machinegun, Minigun, or Comabt Laser.  A Cannon, Turret Cannon, or Plasma Cannon.  

Oh bugger. Offcourse. Sorry, hold on, ill try to clean that truck mess away from here ruining your day:015j::014:

1 minute ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

ill try to clean that truck mess away from here ruining your day:015j::014:

No, I like it.  You just seemed to be confused by the title.  Keep it.

Good luck in the Clash of Engineers!

I'll also accept Autocannon/Plasma Emitter builds this week, for that Seasonal challenge.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

No, I like it.  You just seemed to be confused by the title.  Keep it.

Good luck in the Clash of Engineers!

Yes, i thought this was a thread for all sortsa daily builds, but thanks for clearing it out. 

However,i tend to do the daily missions with these builds, if the weapons just suit the daily challenges.

Well,sorry again and thanks:biggrin:

Well, I set out to get Machinegun Mastery twice, and wound up getting 2 kills, 6 Assists in that last match, when I only needed 2.

0C1936F60956F4F40DDB5045B6E4E2ED80845B18

Chords work fine, for that.  It doesn't matter how much damage you deal, but it helps to do Patrol on Bridge, where you can hit all the Bots coming across the bottleneck.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

IMG-20200623-200256.jpg

That's really sweet!  I love how you framed it on the farm, too.  Extra extra points for Background.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

That's really sweet!  I love how you framed it on the farm, too.  Extra extra points for Background.

That farm is so good for my taste in pics :014:

Thanks for approving, it means a lot as my stuff aint really on par with your battle hardened builds. Every possible item in it is still fused and i use/d it for actual combat.