VileCrib_3

The Builds Hover Complainer's Use

You should cencor out the enemy names when posting such, due to shaming and all that. Otherwise a good point.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

Good point but

Whats wrong with that dual mammoth tank? Or with that wheel dual tsunami build? Last time i checked, thats how most cw builds looked like before hovers came out. They aint as effective but they aint bad either. 

And yes i know about turret cannons suck vs hover argument but that is bad argument since it depends on user skill. I hit moving targets 200+ meters away with fatmen on regular basis, it aint that hard. 

Other builds are carp tho, cant lie. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

You should cencor out the enemy names when posting such, due to shaming and all that. Otherwise a good point.

No intentional naming and shaming or calls to witch hunt with those pics

Saying a build isn't effective doesn't break the rules I believe

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Ive never said hovers are op but thanks for posting my build, next time maybe compare 18k builds to 18k builds instead of 10k ;)

• Upvote 3

Just now, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Ive never said hovers are op but thanks for posting my build, next time maybe compare 18k builds to 18k builds instead of 10k ;)

Your’s got posted accidentally

Also, breaker/punisher builds sit around 15-16k, so you have a higher chance of meeting those relics

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VileCrib_3 said:

Your’s got posted accidentally

Also, breaker/punisher builds sit around 15-16k, so you have a higher chance of meeting those relics

All good i get your point ;)

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, VileCrib_3 said:

No intentional naming and shaming or calls to witch hunt with those pics

Saying a build isn't effective doesn't break the rules I believe

I understand it was not your intention to shame persons. No worries. But in the future if you could bother to wipe the player names, it would be for the best.

No. Your topic is good, and it is healthy for the game to show what is poor constructing.

Edited by *Jomar_SL
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, _PhantomWarhead_ said:

Whats wrong with that dual mammoth tank? Or with that wheel dual tsunami build? Last time i checked, thats how most cw builds looked like before hovers came out. They aint as effective but they aint bad either. 

Dual mammoth tanks plainly suck

-Massive surface area

-Terribly high weight

-Horrible bloom

Theyre one of the worst weapons to use against a hover build, so it’s absurd that anyone who runs one of the worst hover killing weapons in the game wants to complain about hovers

Cannon wheel builds also get gutted by:

-spark blight firebug/lances

-Wedges and hammers

-Spider builds

But the only complaints here are on hovers, even when there’s a number of other equally as damaging builds that invalidate the use of tracks (and wheel cannon builds)

Cant cry about the meta, if your build is about as off meta as you can get

Edited by VileCrib_3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, _PhantomWarhead_ said:

Last time i checked, thats how most cw builds looked like before hovers came out.

Hovers have been out longer than both tsunami, and bigfoots.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

I understand it was not your intention to shame persons. No worries. But in the future if you could bother to wipe the player names, it woul be for the best.

No. Your topic is good, and it is healthy for the game to show what is poor constructing.

I’ll make a point to remember that in future posts with screenshots

The thing most people on here fail to realize is that most of the builds I see in pvp are so hopelessly constructed, that’s it’s no wonder they are having as bad of a time as they are.

When you have a build with you’re Apollo in front of your cab on a TRACK build, you don’t get to complain about hovers:
image.png.cd3b3607ba446ee2ba35d5c77cf76e

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, VileCrib_3 said:

Dual mammoth tanks plainly suck

-Massive surface area

-Terribly high weight

-Horrible bloom

Theyre one of the worst weapons to use against a hover build, so it’s absurd that anyone who runs one of the worst hover killing weapons in the game to complain about hovers

Cannon wheel builds also get gutted by:

-spark blight firebug/lances

-Wedges and hammers

-Spider builds

But the only complaints here are on hovers, even when there’s a number of other equally as damaging builds that invalidate the use of tracks (and wheel cannon builds)

Cant cry about the meta, if your build is about as off meta as you can get

I agree about this, just a few things. 

Mammoths are fatmen on steroids = brawling guns. If you use them to hunt hovers in the open while also using tracks...mistake. 

And things you listed that gut wheel cannon builds are known for wrecking just about any build. Dogs in particular. 

1 minute ago, Babylonsburning said:

Hovers have been out longer than both tsunami, and bigfoots.

Tsunami arrived with knight riders before hovers, as for bigfoots i was reffering to large wheels, my bad. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, _PhantomWarhead_ said:

Tsunami arrived with knight riders before hovers, as for bigfoots i was reffering to large wheels, my bad. 

The hover update came literally in the following month after the knight riders update ended

They pretty much came out together

Edited by VileCrib_3

4 minutes ago, _PhantomWarhead_ said:

I agree about this, just a few things. 

Mammoths are fatmen on steroids = brawling guns. If you use them to hunt hovers in the open while also using tracks...mistake. 

And things you listed that gut wheel cannon builds are known for wrecking just about any build. Dogs in particular. 

Yet there’s hardly any complaints about those builds compared to hovers 

Ppl are just instantly frothing at the mouth against hovers and hovers alone

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm not sure about the forums, but in the game itself I noticed that he majority of those who complains about hovers are wedge users.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, VileCrib_3 said:

I’ll make a point to remember that in future posts with screenshots

The thing most people on here fail to realize is that most of the builds I see in pvp are so hopelessly constructed, that’s it’s no wonder they are having as bad of a time as they are.

When you have a build with you’re Apollo in front of your cab on a TRACK build, you don’t get to complain about hovers.

:good:

I see some really weird stuff on a regular basis too. To the point where I can't see any reasoning behind the construction at all. But often it does not end with the build. Why do they stay around spawn and snipe with Reapers? Dealing <7 dmg at 16k ps is... well...

Edited by *Jomar_SL
Spelling

6 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

I see some really weird stuff on a regular basis too. To the point where I can't see any reasoning behind the construction at all. But often it does not end with the build. Why do they stay around spawn and snipe with Reapers? Dealing <7 dmg at 16k ps is... well...

It’s a hard pill to swallow for many

But a lot of people on this game just aren’t all that good at it

Hovers or not

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, _PhantomWarhead_ said:

You are correct the tsunami was in knight rider july 2017, hovers dawn children sept 21 2017. 2 months my bad.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Saw a guy using a cyclone, punisher, dual goblin build on meatgrinders other day.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

Saw a guy using a cyclone, punisher, dual goblin build on meatgrinders other day.

And that guy probably thinks hovers are busted too no doubt

• Upvote 2

I use large landships regularly. I am aware that my preferred build and play style is ill-suited for dealing with hovers. I just mitigate damage and fall back to the rest of the team, so an allied shotgun wedge or hybrid melee can deal with it.

Heavy vehicle players who complain about hovers being fast in general just don't understand the limitations of their own vehicle. I couldn't even count the number of times where some massive Bastion Goliath sandwich just doesn't use their durability to help the team, and they just sit in the back to die last.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DominusPericulum said:

I use large landships regularly. I am aware that my preferred build and play style is ill-suited for dealing with hovers. I just mitigate damage and fall back to the rest of the team, so an allied shotgun wedge or hybrid melee can deal with it.

Heavy vehicle players who complain about hovers being fast in general just don't understand the limitations of their own vehicle. I couldn't even count the number of times where some massive Bastion Goliath sandwich just doesn't use their durability to help the team, and they just sit in the back to die last.

Here's a couple more from the land before time

Screenshot Preview

B59e4848 a496 4d81 9fd0 1c9a1d55199b

One of the biggest issues to your point is that a majority of the the hover haters are the same ones from the past who ran these slow behemoth builds....

Screenshot Preview

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2