VisceraCleaner

There are so many CW users who just waive match even before game starts.

DuNISwQ.jpg

Currently, we are really successful in CW.
We fought many opponents and unfortunately there were dishonorable players who just gave up match.
We could get CW score, but we couldn't get any Uranium from these matches.
Also, they just repeatedly keep playing CW till they find weak Clan and leaving match quickly when they meet strong clan.

At least they should try. I believe players shouldn't be able to leave before one out two.
Then give players option to surrender.

When players leave match in an unjust way, their whole clan members shouldn't be able to play CW for specific times.
For first abuse, 30 secs block. (We should consider accidents such as internet disconnect or computer malfunction.)
For the second abuse, 45 secs block.
For the third abuse, 2 min.
Forth, 4 min. Fifth, 8 min. 16 min, 32 min. 1 hour, 2 hour ...

This will prevent players from choosing opponents and clan members will try to refrain from these abuse by oneself.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/15/2020 at 2:33 PM, VisceraCleaner said:

Currently, we are really successful in CW.
We fought many opponents and unfortunately there were dishonorable players who just gave up match.
Also, they just repeatedly keep playing CW till they find weak Clan and leaving match quickly when they meet strong clan.

At least they should try. I believe players shouldn't be able to leave before one out two.
Then give players option to surrender.

When players leave match in an unjust way, their whole clan members shouldn't be able to play CW for specific times.
For first abuse, 30 secs block. (We should consider accidents such as internet disconnect or computer malfunction.)
For the second abuse, 45 secs block.
For the third abuse, 2 min.
Forth, 4 min. Fifth, 8 min. 16 min, 32 min. 1 hour, 2 hour ...

This will prevent players from choosing opponents and clan members will try to refrain from these abuse by oneself.

so thru the awful matchmaker, that puts rust clans vs top 100s, you want to force horiably unfair matches so u can more easily farm ore.

when we were in rust it was hell, getting matched with clans where one build cost more that our whole team.

now we in gold, and when we get matched with really unlucky guys with just blues and purples, we give them the win.

I dont think ur entitled to ore if u dont earn it, steamrolling lower clans dont feel like earning it

that's why i don't get mad if some rust clan sd's on us sure they waisted 2 mins but i've been in their position, and i have sympathy. 

image.thumb.png.7e1ecb1a3a63fbefb75ea477

having some sort of punishment is probably necessary for the function of cw, but adding to it is unneeded imo. 

• Thanks 3

On 2/15/2020 at 7:33 AM, VisceraCleaner said:

Dishonorable? Seriously, who are you? This game isnt about honor. You are not the person to decide if a player plays or not. If someone doesnt want the frustration of playing a "really successful in CW", why should they have to? Because you say so? 

How do you know what they do? and how they do it? Or are you making assumptions about both?

Your ego and attitude is what is dishonorable. Ever seen a guy thats alot bigger than his foe in a fight and insist that the little guy fight him? Yea they are called bullies. Pick on someone your own size.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So if I understood the suggestion properly the idea is to change the system so that instead of punishing the rage-quitters, on top of that you'd also punish the entire clan the rage-quitter was in?

Not feasible. Why? Because the game doesn't understand the difference between rage-quitting and disconnecting due to bad internet. Imagine having entire clan getting cooldowns just because a single guy is having trouble with his connection. Before the game can differentiate rage-quitting and disconnections due to lag etc. this is out of the question.

Let's say the above issue was fixed (I kinda wish it was). Well giving a cooldown for the single player vs the entire clan isn't really going to make whole lotta difference. Rarely you have an entire clan online at the same time and playing CW. If you give cooldown to the one player, most likely the rest of the squad are gonna have to wait for him anyway.

The best way to handle this is to just report the rage-quitters. If the rage-quitters rage-quit enough times and you keep reporting them, eventually it will trigger a 48h ban by the EAC. There's your punishment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe the reason they started throwing was because he stacked his team, and he was beating the same bad players over and over again.  Eventually, the enemy newbs get tired of gratifying the enemy; so to steal that feeling from you, they just throw.  

Too bad for you, so sorry to hear you arn't gratified. Maybe cut your toenails, you can do that and its quite gratifying 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Add a vote in-game in-match for "Forfeit"

The team can vote to forfeit and that automatically will give the win to the opposing team so they still get their uranium. Instead of having to score points on the enemy to earn the uranium with the current system before they quit out.

To avoid fake booster clans just require that the forfeiting team has to wait 5-10 minutes before they can que again. Then keep the current D/C or quit ban in place.

Edited by MontyCasper
  • Upvote 1

Let winning give 40 points. That is the minimum score for reward. At least the innocent part is not punished then.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:21 AM, Bobby_Hingsen said:

How about you fix the bloody match making so people from rust dont have to play agains tops? how about them apples?

Matchmaking is stupid in general with this game. Even in Get the Scrap Metal, I often found my 3-5x LM54 Chord builds (sometimes with Hornets taking place of two Chords) going against someone with a weapon of Purple or even Orange quality that just snapped my little machine guns off like twigs. Maybe I was a bit over-armored, but when my only weapons can be shot off within seconds of entering actual combat, despite having said weapons attached to three or four different parts each AND guarded by parts that don't impact firing angles too negatively (fenders or running boards mostly), I can't help but feel like I just had my driveshaft rammed up my tailpipe. All my careful thought and part placement, thwarted by weapon tier or fire density plus godlike marksmanship and accuracy. Over the course of a few seconds.

Matchmaking and Balance are two of the biggest areas this game needs some TLC in, CW or otherwise. Weapon tier needs to be factored in somehow other than PS, among other issues. I don't mind going up against higher tier weapons - when I actually have some chance of driving away with at least some of my weapons still intact, let alone driving away at all. I understand my weapons are going to get shot off from time to time; its when it happens nigh instantaneously I get irked. Taking fire from multiple sources is one thing (which in and of itself is often my own fault for racing around a blind corner into the enemy swarm like a bloody idiot); having low tier weapons sheared off like butter by a freakin' laser or whatever from halfway across the map is another.

Then again, what do I know? I only just hit Level 10 in The Nomads faction earlier today, and haven't even touched the others. Maybe I just haven't learned the 'proper' way to 'build for PVP' yet :dry:

• Upvote 1

Other than that, this situation could be easily bandaided with honor until the devs fix the matchmaking system.

Just make it so the individual skirmishes in the map don't wind up being total seal-clubbings; 'low tier [LT]' team collectively takes on somewhat PS-Balanced individual fights, say 2 LT vs. 1 'HT', or 3-4 LT vs. 2-3 HT and everyone else stays the heck out of it.

The LTs stop ragequitting because they realize people are actually trying to do something other than seal-club farm, people start getting the Uranium they deserve without hassle.

Of course this would only be possible in a utopian world where everyone got the same fair shake. That's the optimist in me.