_Lemmy44_

Allow one button to be assigned to multiple weapon groups at the same time

Hello! I've got a simple proposition for today. There have been some complaints about the "activate all" button not only firing all weapons, but also turning on the cloak, the hologram, flares, doing some fireworks, throwing out the kapkan, turning on the dishwasher and opening or closing the garage door. Now it would be possible to just reduce the button to only work with weapons, but I've got a better idea: In the controls settings, allow us to assign one key or button to multiple weapon groups at once. You can already have two different keys assigned to the same action, but now for example, you have the default weapon group 1 on the left mouse button and the group 2 on right mouse button. Now you could assign the middle mouse button to both groups at once instead of using the activate all button. So for example, you could have the left side cannon on the left mouse button and the right cannon on the right button - and when pressing the middle mouse button, you would fire both cannons at once without activating every remaining gadget on the vehicle.

Edited by _Lemmy44_
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, Beta_Angel said:

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

Thanks, I had a few unopened suggestion threads disappear, including one I made a week or two ago about Spark, where did they go?

• Thanks 1

Hey, that's a very cool one. Might I add something? Let us assign weapons/modules/wheels to... nothing. What if I don't want to use my Stallions or Bigrams ever? I'm still forced to give them a key.
Another nice thing would be to make cloak take effect 0.1s after the clic, so you can assign it to your big cannon if you want to, to shoot and instantly cloak (rn it decloaks you)

Edited by Clebardman

This is a nice quality of life idea for players that have to juggle a lot of active hardware.

I don't, but I'm sure there are others that do.

Edited by DominusPericulum

Why not just map all the weapons to the same button, instead of splitting them to different groups, and then mapping those groups to the same button?  I just don't see the benefit here.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

Thanks, I had a few unopened suggestion threads disappear, including one I made a week or two ago about Spark, where did they go?

Mines dissapeared too.

• Thanks 1

We've brought this up a bunch of times in the past. I believe every weapon should be able to be: toggle on/off, burst, staggered, whatever.

The reason I've been dragging my feet doing the stupid plasma emitter mission is because I absolutely despise how they work. I remapped it to space bar and could still only do 2 missions before I went bonkers. Who wants to press a button on some precise 1.9 second interval? That's like a carpal tunnel dream.

It seems little complicated, almost as if you'd have just another weapons group but instead of assigning weapons into it, you assign other weapons groups into it instead.

If it seems unfeasible to implement in way that's simple understandable, just revert "activate everything" back to "fire all weapons" so it only fires the things under "weapon" category leaving your modules alone. Back when it was available even lot of top players used to use the feature. The reason why it was changed was because of the pulse accelerator bug which now has been fixed (now=like a year ago).

A function like that will be extremely usefull for cannon builds.

Especially when facing cloacked enemies , or drones or hovers, etc.

I'm a bit in between on this one.

I'd say yes to more button to map than only mouse and [1] [2], since while the game is growing there is more "skills" to activate (Omnibox, power supply hardware, legendary cabins), so the need will increase anyway.

The problem I can see with that is some unfairness it can create towards console players, since a keyboard has more buttons to assign than a gamepad. Do console players have some unassigned button left ?

For the group button suggestion, that partially join the concern above, the other being the need. When I need to launch several weapons that aren't already bound to a key, I just press all the concerned buttons all together (my example : several type of drones and a chameleon : I don't press activate all to save the cloak, and I don't have all drones assigned to one key neither).