3D printed modular vehicles

drThunderbuckle

I have started making a series of 3d printable crossout vehicles that can be taken apart and put back together just like in the game. It uses a simple peg system similar to lego pegs. This is my first one which is just a basic set of pieces. I will have post a second one soon. The next one will be the starter car for the engineers. I made this one a while ago but it didn't have its own page on the forum so I put it here.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3937871

Spoiler

IMG_20191025_125256.thumb.jpg.6ba2af9e9c

Edited by drThunderbuckle
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Wow this is a really interesting idea. I hope to see more stuff like this and hopefully it gets the attention of the devs. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

I have just made my first expansion set! it comes with four rare weapons: Sledgehammer, Vector, Wasp, and Rapier.

See all of my designs here: https://www.thingiverse.com/drThunderbuckle/collections/mcv-all-packs

The engineer starter car will be out soon.

Spoiler

RareWeaponsPackClose1.png.80044bf92a0eebRareWeaponsPackAll.jpg.fc2dd784dc5e04745

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, drThunderbuckle said:

I have just made my first expansion set! it comes with four rare weapons: Sledgehammer, Vector, Wasp, and Rapier.

See all of my designs here: https://www.thingiverse.com/drThunderbuckle/collections/mcv-all-packs

The engineer starter car will be out soon.

Hide contents

RareWeaponsPackClose1.png.80044bf92a0eebRareWeaponsPackAll.jpg.fc2dd784dc5e04745

Hey, nice work :yes_yes_yes: Can I have the measurments of the pegs ? I would like to participate by modeling a Reaper minigun for you

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, C_Geremy said:

Hey, nice work :yes_yes_yes: Can I have the measurments of the pegs ? I would like to participate by modeling a Reaper minigun for you

What modeling program do you use? I can send you a .zip with some of the files that I use to help make my designs. One square in Crossout is 1x1cm in my designs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drThunderbuckle said:

What modeling program do you use? I can send you a .zip with some of the files that I use to help make my designs. One square in Crossout is 1x1cm in my designs.

I use SolidWorks. A .step file of one of the short pegs can do the job too. I'll also need to know what is the distance between two holes in the plates.

Edited by C_Geremy

@C_GeremyI use blender which I don't think can export in .step format. If I included a .stl of both the peg and the model that I use to subtract the hole, would that work?

• Like 1

Yeah, i'll see what i can do.

Here is the model, I hope you like it :)

I attached two versions of the base, one with the hole that I made, and one without it, so you can place it wherever you like. 

For the barrel part, I got good results using a brim (with ABS filament), and as I don't know how you print parts, you will maybe need to use a brim or a raft (the part is round at the bottom, so you will probably need a larger surface to get it sticking to the bed).

Do not hesitate to tell me if there is anything to modify.

MCV Reaper.7z

Edited by C_Geremy
  • Like 2

On 2/25/2020 at 5:13 AM, C_Geremy said:

Here is the model, I hope you like it :)

I attached two versions of the base, one with the hole that I made, and one without it, so you can place it wherever you like. 

For the barrel part, I got good results using a brim (with ABS filament), and as I don't know how you print parts, you will maybe need to use a brim or a raft (the part is round at the bottom, so you will probably need a larger surface to get it sticking to the bed).

Do not hesitate to tell me if there is anything to modify.

MCV Reaper.7z 186.28 kB · 0 downloads

Wow that is really cool! I can tell that you are definitely more skilled at 3d modeling than I am. One thing though, if the hole is directly in the middle than wouldn't it be offset by half a square? I guess it would be hard to get it to rotate though if the holes on the bottom were 2x2.

• Like 1

That's really cool! I'd almost be tempted to write rules to play with them :017:

Edited by Clebardman

1 hour ago, drThunderbuckle said:

One thing though, if the hole is directly in the middle than wouldn't it be offset by half a square? I guess it would be hard to get it to rotate though if the holes on the bottom were 2x2.

That's what I was thinking too. But I saw you made a plate with 3 holes centered (on the "basic set" I think ?), so I thought it could fit nicely with this one.

I was thinking of an integrated system to have it rotate and two pegs at the bottom, but it was too complex and difficult to print at this size.

4 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

That's really cool! I'd almost be tempted to write rules to play with them :017:

That would be cool. Have you heard of Gaslands? it is a mad max/crossout style RPG. I haven't ever played it but it looks really cool.

2 minutes ago, C_Geremy said:

That's what I was thinking too. But I saw you made a plate with 3 holes centered (on the "basic set" I think ?), so I thought it could fit nicely with this one.

I was thinking of an integrated system to have it rotate and two pegs at the bottom, but it was too complex and difficult to print at this size.

I guess I could just make some 4x4x1 armor pieces made specifically to hold the reapers. Do you know if your reaper can print without supports?

3 minutes ago, drThunderbuckle said:

I guess I could just make some 4x4x1 armor pieces made specifically to hold the reapers. Do you know if your reaper can print without supports?

The base is easily printable without support (I designed its details with that in mind, like the bars on the barrel, they are attached to the round thing). The canon part will however need a brim since its bottom is round. 

Edited by C_Geremy

@C_GeremyHave you posted your design anywhere? I would like to create a part to help mount with your reaper but I don't know where to link it to your design.

I keep forgetting to quote :P

Just now, drThunderbuckle said:

@C_GeremyHave you posted your design anywhere? I would like to create a part to help mount with your reaper but I don't know where to link it to your design.

No I just posted the .zip file here with the stl files in it

2 minutes ago, C_Geremy said:

No I just posted the .zip file here with the stl files in it

How would you like me to do it? I want to make sure I am not plagiarizing your stuff.

47 minutes ago, drThunderbuckle said:

That would be cool. Have you heard of Gaslands? it is a mad max/crossout style RPG. I haven't ever played it but it looks really cool.

No, will check it! I played some BrickWars tho, wich is a system that lets you wargame with LEGO. There's a set of rules that lets you build anything, play with it, and destroy it brick by brick :p.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drThunderbuckle said:

How would you like me to do it? I want to make sure I am not plagiarizing your stuff.

I don't usually post the stuff I make online (except the ones on this forum). I have a youtube channel (quite empty so far), on which I will soon be releasing a series of videos of the modeling of a concept-car in SolidWorks, and maybe some tutorials in the future, no idea if that could be what you want ? Otherwise, just put a sentence like "Reaper model made by C_Geremy" or whatever it will be just fine :fed001:

8 hours ago, C_Geremy said:

I don't usually post the stuff I make online (except the ones on this forum). I have a youtube channel (quite empty so far), on which I will soon be releasing a series of videos of the modeling of a concept-car in SolidWorks, and maybe some tutorials in the future, no idea if that could be what you want ? Otherwise, just put a sentence like "Reaper model made by C_Geremy" or whatever it will be just fine :fed001:

Does this work? Let me know if you would like for me to take it down. I really feel like I am stealing your stuff.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4188601