VisceraCleaner

Induce players to collide and crash each other in the Race.

Nowadays new PVP maps and brawl maps are so amazing. Especially they have so nice visual and landscape with small details.
Water of Battle field map touched me deeply.

But course, the placement of check points is not good as much as quality of the maps. (Some of them are placed in awful angle.)
Check point is too narrow. I believe it should be wider. (Or replace it with simple flag pole or just hologram mark on the ground.)

Most of the race courses are too boring and plain. (The most boring race map is Fortress.)
The only exception is the Bridge. It has 8 shape course. The course passes through itself. (First, racers should pass over the bridge, and should pass under the bridge.)
This design is not something new but well, it works. I like this kind of map. Not too complex but not too plain.

Without any addition, only by simple checkpoint placement change, Race can have more variety.

Overlap the multiple paths and make crossing. Players will crash each other. This can make race intense.
Even 1st player should be careful, or he will be crashed by 8th player and lose his place.

And moreover, it feels more apocalyptic, right? Race will be more brutal and funny.
In balance aspect, this map design makes acceleration and power more important. So heavy powerful vehicles will have some advantages.

There is a second request & question. Why you guys don't utilize the high ground?
Rock city has so many high grounds but they are never used.

factory.png.1403cc7bda86e76c2b3391c8813e 468033299_FoundersCanyon.png.4cbf687e153 1925524983_Rockcity.png.6c3a963683bade02

Fortress.png.09e08f8ea21c75f870edd635b8f  1047895522_Shipegraveyard.png.79be600f7e

This will be new race course fulfilling all my request.

Red line shows how vehicles move following course. Red arrow shows the start point.
Dark blue line shows location of the check point.
Black line is banked curve which helps player turn more easily in high speed.

Uh... i made mistake in the forth and fifth, Fortress and Ship graveyard.

In Fortress, fourth check point should be moved to left. Angle also should be changed, to make players turn in counterclockwise.
In Ship graveyard, Second check point should be moved to left. It should be placed near the left edge or middle of the ship beneath it. 
Or there will be racers who try to move backward instead of advance and turn.

Edit: Also, there should be more various signs indicating direction.

PS.

Where is the Refinery? Where is it gone?
I think it can be nice race map.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Like 1

387508298_NewRockcity.png.6d316f64ac8b2f
It seems check point 1 also should be moved.

New check point one can create additional route between cp1 and cp2.
Did you know that we can jump over gap between north rocks?

I'm 100% against some of those changes. They mostly give hovers an even easier time than before. Don't turn Fortress into Wrath of Khans please :'^) Nobody wants that.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:53 PM, Clebardman said:

I'm 100% against some of those changes. They mostly give hovers an even easier time than before. Don't turn Fortress into Wrath of Khans please :'^) Nobody wants that.

In fact, it is problem of hovers not maps. Hover is too efficient in racing, and this is limiting diversity of racing maps.
Every map has been designed and been changed to make hovers less efficient in Racing. Wrath of Khan too.
(This is why 90% of maps are simply distorted circle. Every course is same.)

That's why i suggested some ideas to make hovers naturally inefficient in race, and they are deleted!
I don't know why they deleted all my suggestions pending approval.

Anyway, if we can ram the hovers in crossing, it will feel delightful.
Banked curve will be useful for giving wheel vehicles small advantage.

Anyway, if something new can't be added because of hover, then what should be changed is hovers or wheels.
(Awful traction and stupid physics of this game are also one of reasons why wheels are so bad compared to hovers in race.)

Edited by VisceraCleaner

Ah, another prospective idea ruined by the existence of hovers.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

So its finally time to ban Hovers from Racemode?

I love Hovers but i kinda miss the days to drive something insane like this.

screenshot-181228-014527.thumb.jpg.b41ca

With this you can show everyone how you giphy.gif.3451bc938992dac47b60bb93d0b511  :santa:

• Haha 1