VAGRANT1

PvP/PvE Adventure Map: Old Rainforest

The rainforest. Constant rain, huge tree roots, swampy terrain, large ferns that reduce the field of view, and narrow trails without which movement here would not be possible, makes driving here not one of the most pleasant. Lianas hang everywhere and prevent the release of drones or guided missiles. High speed cannot be obtained due to mud, roots or stones. The paths are usually few, narrow and very winding. Often you have to cross a river whose current pushes light vehicles. In the middle of the jungle there is a small gas station with a workshop and residential buildings (huts), where you can relax and trade. Residents can also commission a task. There are 4 villages in the whole forest, including one bandit camp. The bandits live in a hangar, on an abandoned overgrown airport, which is located in the east of the forest.

I also give a sample map and invite you to a discussion.

1568158619322.jpeg?w=3067

mapa.jpg.d3058091418f40b8b85458cf95c547b

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Suggestion opened up to gather more feedback. :salute:

• Upvote 1

It seems there is no big open field at all.

I want some jungle type map too. (regardless of possibility. Creating numerous trees and vines is not easy task.)
But only narrow paths does not sound good. If there is no place for the vehicles to make speed except road, this map will be annoying to play.
(Unlike games with human player, Crossout is game with only vehicles. We can't climb or jump like characters with arms and legs.)

Open landscape is always important. I think there should be some wide river or huge lake at the middle or somewhere.
Also, there should be better network. There are too many isolated places which player will never visit again after completing mission or whatever,
and connection between each place is too weak.

Furthermore, the story of jungle adventure map will have very small connection to original stories.
It will be story about local warlords and maybe squad from abroad like Far Cry series.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

On 4/3/2020 at 6:26 PM, ChopChopChop said:

Hover players will not be happy!!:005j:

They can adapt , or change the wheels under. Just like we can build hovers if needed. No reason to get stuck on one movement part, like i hear being said.

I really support your idea, its quite similar to one ive mentioned, for agile vehicles in dense forests though i'd let there be actual forests where one can drive too, between very near trees, often not seeing so far. A map for small to medium sized builds, with maybe roads being easiest for hovers and huge wide tanky builds. 

Oh and with 2 ps demand types.

I mean,with "atleast xxxxps" and also played through "max xxxx ps".

Like in example Max 4500 ps. And atleast 4500ps. Not just "atleast 5000".

But ive talked this as a PVP map, aa we dont have anything even remotely like that in pvp just like we dont have deep snow, slippery ice winter maps where you need studded tyres,steel tracks, ground clearance and flying stuff just blows up snow under it,digging itself a shallow grave from which they can learn to take an advantage from. Wedges would be plowing snow blind, for othee low vehicles....oh boy.

But yep,i like your idea .

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

On 4/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

They can adapt , or change the wheels under. Just like we can build hovers if needed. No reason to get stuck on one movement part, like i hear being said.

I really support your idea, its quite similar to one ive mentioned, for agile vehicles in dense forests though i'd let there be actual forests where one can drive too, between very near trees, often not seeing so far. A map for small to medium sized builds, with maybe roads being easiest for hovers and huge wide tanky builds. 

Oh and with 2 ps demand types.

I mean,with "atleast xxxxps" and also played through "max xxxx ps".

Like in example Max 4500 ps. And atleast 4500ps. Not just "atleast 5000".

But ive talked this as a PVP map, aa we dont have anything even remotely like that in pvp just like we dont have deep snow, slippery ice winter maps where you need studded tyres,steel tracks, ground clearance and flying stuff just blows up snow under it,digging itself a shallow grave from which they can learn to take an advantage from. Wedges would be plowing snow blind, for othee low vehicles....oh boy.

But yep,i like your idea .

A map on normal PvP should be for all builds.  I don't play hovers.  I can see this map will restrict hovers as well as some weapons.   

It is nice to have a rainforest map.  I like all types of maps, water, ice and more.  What may work, is that we mix the rainforest with other type.  This can then able all builds and most weapons to be used as a random map.   Each build type can pick and use which part of their map better for them.:002:

Yeah,i think likewise. Theres already maps that favor certain builds,movement parts and weapon choises. I merely meant that jungle would just offer challenge to hover guys, if they for some reason cant/wont put wheels on em, like i can.

Just like wedges would "suffer" in dense forest but who the heck really cant drive no other type of vehicles ?

Then again, i would love a dense, challenging forest map favoring tiny tiny ,light builds, as they just please me even in visual ways. You know, Sprinters, Dusters, Pickups, low ps, climbing hills, circling and lurking around tree trunks, rocks etc, instead of full throttle open maps with builds big as county jail.

For me? I would use slow tracks shotguns, melee types of builds. Side kicks and fuze drones would work well too.

A large PvE map may be good.

The adventure map is the only one we have, it would be nice to have another one or more.  I know it take a does take while to make one, it would be nice to have more.

• Upvote 1