Siberian_Jay3x6

Wheeled visible cab build 1 : Duster + Sprinter + Growl

Thought i'd make few topics for builds where builder puts effort also on even remote realism, and Wants to keep his cabin somewhat visible, atleast majority of windshield visibility and some of the side windows visibility, if not majority of whole cab.

So here you can throw pics of your Duster ,Growl and Sprinter builds. All those cool buggies.

-On wheels or tracks.

--With or without weapons / modules.

Looks ,the cool counts, this aint for that dmg/hitpoint/ps obsessed daily argue of stats but instead for all kinds of rarely seen / written matters. Like "could it be driven in Mad Max movies?"

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
Added Sprinter. And Growl.

Not exactly what you asked for, but I think you'll like it anyway:

3PsGWhH.jpg

Growl and Cheetah inside.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Not exactly what you asked for, but I think you'll like it anyway:

3PsGWhH.jpg

Growl and Cheetah inside.

Well hey, i really cant complain, more like the opposite. Its a darn nice build looking like real thing, and those weapons make it only better, as in yours they look like how things might be in reality.  And it seems i can even see the cab behind the windshield mesh screens...so driver has some visibility .  

Really cool ride, i admire it.

Gotta ask if its in PS4 exhibition ?

Not much Duster/Sprinter/Growl action, but most of my builds are semi-realistic with Mad Max influence. I made a post some time ago which I need to update with my newest builds: 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, HoboWithARailgun said:

Not much Duster/Sprinter/Growl action, but most of my builds are semi-realistic with Mad Max influence. I made a post some time ago which I need to update with my newest builds: 

Hey, good stuff, thank you so so much.

• Thanks 1

Untill i figure out a better ( for a ps4 guy less handy with digital tech ) i have to use these crappy pics.

I dig the buggy cabs myself,  esoecually Duster, in somewhat bare bones style with rarely much of armour hiding the cab, atleast fully and if so, i for some reason prefer to use see-thru bits like mesh / net stuff around windows. Exhaust headers, that turbo thingy in the back i like, as it resembles rear engines of vw bugs a bit. But it reality...well, too much exhausts, i know. But still, that might just be car from some real world.

Cop lights i use often, and small plow.

IMG_20200303_174955.png

3 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Hey, good stuff, thank you so so much.

Ah no worries, I do feel sometimes I have to redress the balance of the meta chasers and box builders. Glad you liked it.

• Upvote 1

I just got my Omnibox too!  I mean seriously, I'm in my garage, right now adapting my Shotgun Day build for the new cabin, instead of a Growl.

Uh, should have saved, I guess.  Gimme a minute...

Spoiler

9DFAD269E373971381191C3F8264C30A4EFD80A9

IDK how exposed you want it, but I'm going for combat viable, at least in low PS.  At least it's recognizable as a Growl?  Obviously, the simplest way to satisfy the conditions is some sort of Shotgun Wedge.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I just got my Omnibox too!  I mean seriously, I'm in my garage, right now adapting my Shotgun Day build for the new cabin, instead of a Growl.

Uh, should have saved, I guess.  Gimme a minute...

Hide contents

9DFAD269E373971381191C3F8264C30A4EFD80A9

IDK how exposed you want it, but I'm going for combat viable, at least in low PS.  At least it's recognizable as a Growl?  Obviously, the simplest way to satisfy the conditions is some sort of Shotgun Wedge.

Well it dont look just the way i was hoping ,yeah, but yet, it looks like it could work in reality, and driver sees out, and i regognize the cab, so i cant but like it, and that you took the time to post it out here. 

Wedges are whole alien world to me, except when becoming their pray :)

Tried to build a few but they all end up heavy slow buggers that wont flip a thing,hah.

16 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Tried to build a few but they all end up heavy slow buggers that wont flip a thing,hah.

Basically, only 2 things you need to know:  You have to be fast enough to catch them, and B:  The lowest Wedge wins.  That's pretty much all that determines who wedges, and who gets wedged.  

As far as the build is concerned, for playing a Wedge, you really want to flank them, for either a broadside between the Wheels (If any) or preferably from behind.  Cloak really helps for this, but isn't required if you know the maps, and use Cover.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

Basically, only 2 things you need to know:  You have to be fast enough to catch them, and B:  The lowest Wedge wins.  That's pretty much all that determines who wedges, and who gets wedged.  

As far as the build is concerned, for playing a Wedge, you really want to flank them, for either a broadside between the Wheels (If any) or preferably from behind.  Cloak really helps for this, but isn't required if you know the maps, and use Cover.

Well, i cant but thank you, this is valuable info.

My 4-energy weaps (ACs and plasma emitters mostly) car. Heavily based on my Harpy LB car, with a different chassis to accomodate a Growl, a completely different front, and some minor tweaks to the sides and rear.

o0ooazV.jpg

• Thanks 1

Haha, thats a good looking one, thanks a lot for taking the time.

Thats the way i personally would enjoy the gameplay builds to be. Realistic-ish, and yours already packs the weapons, and they dont look out of place.

21 hours ago, HoboWithARailgun said:

Ah no worries, I do feel sometimes I have to redress the balance of the meta chasers and box builders. Glad you liked it.

Those are good sticer ideas, Meta Chasers,  designed to look like motorcycle club vest backside patches...

Box Builders sticker might look like Duplo series Lego brick on wheels. 

"The colors wont run."

4DA41A837A2D04554D186C9D65262076869A4059

I know that this bears almost no resemblance to the build challenge, but did I mention that I got my Omnibox?

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

4DA41A837A2D04554D186C9D65262076869A4059

I know that this bears almost no resemblance to the build challenge, but did I mention that I got my Omnibox?

But it aint Growl, Duster nor Sprinter there, bud.

But ive seen a few nice tiny oddball , builds in pvp, with mostly visible Omnibox cabs. I recall they have nice engine sound , bit like propane fueled forklift engines?

Wanted a small PS Retcher thing. Really happy with how it turned out. I wanted the retcher one block lower, but fitting a Doppler, a Seal and a ammo box in such a small car proved to be a challenge.

I really love thr front and read lights

PZ9bLbG.png

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 11:55 PM, Clebardman said:

Wanted a small PS Retcher thing. Really happy with how it turned out. I wanted the retcher one block lower, but fitting a Doppler, a Seal and a ammo box in such a small car proved to be a challenge.

I really love thr front and read lights

PZ9bLbG.png

You didnt happen to drive a yellow/blue/red car (ps4) some 15 hrs ago?

Your build reminds me of one car in pvp that i just had to follow and take screencaps of.

I do like how you seem to handle the building of vehicle that hides the actual cab, but without making it look lile xxxx.

Way cool.

I got finally enough scraps to buy me the expanded ammo box, which i wanted, as i liked what the normal box did for Retcher before. 

But ive liked this super simple Duster a lot. It looks nice as is,cab all visible, but indeed ..i totally appreciate your build that is far nicer looking. 

IMG_20200318_225507.png

IMG_20200319_000312.png

(Thats the nice mfp pursuit car inspired car someone drove on my side last night, which i mentioned above. )

Duster trying to look like those Komsomolets T-20 tractors anti-tank versions,which varied a bit depending in who built it, where and  what you had in your use to make your tiny artillery tractor to kill tanks. 

IMG_20200319_050940.png

hb83849.jpg

If i only owned Tsunami and Pine paint...but they cost so darm much that i can earn em in like 4 months :) But i like that paint which i used, it really looks like worn ,dirty old quickly brushed winter camo jobs.

@Siberian_Jay3x6 Nah, I'm on PC only. Cool car tho! I'm not a huge buff in east european geography... but that looks like a moldovan player to me (^%

Anyway, I recently scrapped lots of cars and retouched some old ones. Notably, I finally found a color scheme for my shotgunner:

sFqbTqH.png

The only exposed parts of the cab are basically the windshield and side windows hahahaha. Looks damn drivable to me.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Clebardman said:

@Siberian_Jay3x6 Nah, I'm on PC only. Cool car tho! I'm not a huge buff in east european geography... but that looks like a moldovan player to me (^%

Anyway, I recently scrapped lots of cars and retouched some old ones. Notably, I finally found a color scheme for my shotgunner:

sFqbTqH.png

The only exposed parts of the cab are basically the windshield and side windows hahahaha. Looks damn drivable to me.

Well it sure does, look good and drivee could see too. Way cool, nice lines.

IMG_20200402_222540.png

My 2nd ever attempt on wedge after i did one using Sprinter + Duster cabs.

Personally i like its rough appearance and ive also gotten good results with it, but still, i cant but admire all thode sleek, lean, curvy, aerodynamic refined pieces of art many guys can build but i sure cant :).

All constructive tips and criticism about its looks, and appearance is wellcome.

IMG_20200402_222522.png

• Like 1

Welcome back.  I'd lower those blades.  The lower wedge wins, and you already have structure down there to weld the Blade Wings to.  Just flip the corner pieces around.

<3 a good shotgun wedge.  Purely for aesthetic reasons, they just look mean.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Welcome back.  I'd lower those blades.  The lower wedge wins, and you already have structure down there to weld the Blade Wings to.  Just flip the corner pieces around.

<3 a good shotgun wedge.  Purely for aesthetic reasons, they just look mean.

For some reason i really appreciate such comment coming from seemingly good player like You. Thanks a bunch.

Yeah,im just learning and taking even screenshots during battles to see hiw the hell guys can do the noses so mean,low and yet with nice visual looks,not to mention rest of the bodies that look so smooth and sporty when i can do just these edgy ones. 

For last 2 days ive used both wedges a lot, and this is better. Hoping to earn more rep points to get more mele wings !

This is also my first investment on fusing as all 3 Maces are fused, as are wheels, cab and cooler...and radiator.