Siberian_Jay3x6

Wheeled visible cab build 2 : Jockey + Harpy

topics for builds where builder puts effort also on even remote realism, and Wants to keep his cabin somewhat visible, atleast majority of windshield visibility and some of the side windows visibility, if not majority of whole cab.

So here you can throw pics of your Jockey and Harpy builds.

-On wheels or tracks.

--With or without weapons / modules.

Looks ,the cool counts, this aint for that dmg/hitpoint/ps obsessed daily argue of stats but instead for all kinds of rarely seen / written matters. Like "could it be driven in Mad Max movies?"

IMG_20200304_013844.png

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

To answer to myself, without a pic, i say that i was happily surprised to see the first Jockey , with all its body shown, last night in the night time battleground, huh.

I donno if there was 3 players but atleast others username reminded me bit of...Arkham, Ankham,Ankmat or such. There was a yellow, a super nice all black van style build and a rust brown weird mele build, all had Jockey cabs and i think they werent bots.

Ive been betting on Jockey cab and surprised to see the quite high price they go for, as yet i "never" see em on battles, atlest in pvp scrap/wire ones. 

Or if there has been, they are then hidden under tanky box builds.

That early 50's design, be it originating from Ford or Graz, i dont care, is very good looking, making me want to build a light tow truckish ride on it. Maybe buggy crutches could be used in bed as boom bits ?

Duallies on rear, up swept truck pipes right behind the wall and so on.

Or if there was, i'd use stepside fenders for one.

Add Stallion CK dream.... Finally wheels that "sink" in the front fenders more, and alter the riding height so that wheel hubs are almost on level with frame,only a bit lower. 

58 minutes ago, _cottton_ said:

*dafuq is wrong with you, spammer -meme*

Thanks. But i cant see yours due to cloak use.

• Haha 2

Anyways,

If any of you happen to have pair of armored tracks, some frame and Jockey cab, i would really appreciate if you could assemble the cab on the tracks, so that cabs nose is on same level with tracks nose,not further. 

I've never seen how Jockey measures , or how much of cab is left visible when its on those tracks and i might just buy em, if i saw will there be how much room behind cab when its put on the tracks.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.89ec6cca4aacd7a2023cc6a2

Not played alot with Hurricane, was bored a bit. 

• Like 1

My contraption contribution:

Savage-0040.thumb.jpg.49db40c08f6c0fe531

Now I'm gonna go take it for a spin.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Harpy is one of the worst cabins to expose, because it's made out of paper mache'...  Granted, it's obviously designed for Glass Cannon builds, but still.  No reason to advertise it.  If I had them, I'd park 2 Mammoths in front of it.  (On Meat Grinders, because that's how I roll.)

Edited by psiberzerker

10 hours ago, Qurzo said:

image.thumb.png.89ec6cca4aacd7a2023cc6a2

Not played alot with Hurricane, was bored a bit. 

Darn good looking truck, the kind of i appreciate. Deco, stickers and paint  flatter each other, proportions are fit for reality . Something you could sed in Russian army parades, you know, those gaz/graz missile/rocker trucks.

Like a car ready to be sold as pack as well.

What are those front wheels, i think i have never seen such pattern before ?

4 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Harpy is one of the worst cabins to expose, because it's made out of paper mache'...  Granted, it's obviously designed for Glass Cannon builds, but still.  No reason to advertise it.  If I had them, I'd park 2 Mammoths in front of it.  (On Meat Grinders, because that's how I roll.)

You didnt notice this is about visually pleasing builds instead of just that glasscannon stuff every other topic is  filled with ?

I rather see your eye candy take on Harpy with a cannon on its rear, that might rock.

9 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

So what is the problem of a exposed cabin? 

• Upvote 2

Oh cmon, lets not derail this thread in to the direction of perks, durabilities and all that , but focus on aesthetics Only. 

Theres ton of topics dedicated for specs wrestling already, and this is Not for such.

Pics of beautiful builds using Harpy cab not hidden, is the idea here.

Just like that Eastern military style great ,good looking build above. More o those, instead of specs obsessed boredom.

image.thumb.png.6644920e3bcbd2933ff59d80
Something like this?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1996828713_screenshot-200310-005813(-101

Variation on the same theme.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

topics for builds where builder puts effort also on even remote realism, and Wants to keep his cabin somewhat visible, atleast majority of windshield visibility and some of the side windows visibility, if not majority of whole cab.

ah a man of culture 

well shitttt that describes majority of my builds, even my CW build. so ima just dumb a load of my builds here for ya.

20200218160331_1.thumb.jpg.57033634eb45c

20200307151705_1.thumb.jpg.deda65e6b1ced

20200307185737_1.thumb.jpg.794e3701b1ba6

20200218154802_1.thumb.jpg.daabb1f7d3527

20200126052005_1.thumb.jpg.43cb7a28c8207

20191024164300_1.thumb.jpg.c9e94f23131b5

20190926001132_1.thumb.jpg.24ef88945f04b

20190910145014_1.thumb.jpg.2fcc99a2e2f5c

20190724202200_1.thumb.jpg.bc822c310d3b0

20180711165124_1.thumb.jpg.0945ba141e086

20180429193320_1.thumb.jpg.2aff74e348b6c

20180129181728_1.thumb.jpg.79bff57550445

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 11:06 PM, DocSavage said:

My contraption contribution:

Savage-0040.thumb.jpg.49db40c08f6c0fe531

Now I'm gonna go take it for a spin.

Youre like OP class in making impressive looking rides. I cant but copy ideas and adapt :). 

Can you imagine theres people who are like against deco parts, rather than letting us who like em,have em. 

• Like 1

@zkws , man of KVLTure ,hey, of all those edgy, mean looking builds, you kindly show me, this would be my ride for sure , though its bat cab ,not Harpy nor Jockey :

20200307185737_1.jpg

I have so much to learn from builders like you obviously are.

20190910145014_1.jpg

And you also gave me new way to look at Bullys bumper , in conjunction with Harpy, the way ive never seen done. Thanks a friggin lot.

I see you figured out a good use for Corrida packs bumper too. Yesterday i accidentally realised it fits like a glove, on that tiny flat space in front of Dusters windshield and its angle matches windshields angle well too. So you can get quite good looks + armor for  bullets coming from the nose direction the cab without using boxy parts.

You fought with em all ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

@zkws , man of KVLTure ,hey, of all those edgy, mean looking builds, you kindly show me, this would be my ride for sure , though its bat cab ,not Harpy nor Jockey :

20200307185737_1.jpg

I have so much to learn from builders like you obviously are.

20190910145014_1.jpg

You fought with em all ?

yeah i fight will them all,

the flatline is my CW build

20200227182124_1.thumb.jpg.692f08308bf76

the MG car is my most recent build, and i use it when i don't feel like playing high ps. word of caution tho MGs are really bad atm and you will easily get stripped by cannons.

that B71 build worked out better than i thought it would, tho u have to hold back and really snipe ppl, but if they do get close it's quite possible to use the tow in CQC too.

the adapter build is very fun cause it had rockets underneath :) made a fun little vid here

5 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Youre like OP class in making impressive looking rides. I cant but copy ideas and adapt :). 

thanks for the kind words :) feel free to use my ideas too 

• Upvote 1

Only allowed to upload 70kb pictures and had some trouble with the size of the garage too... But the cabin is exposed.

Screenshot 2020-03-10 23.42.15.gif

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2020 at 11:38 PM, Qurzo said:

image.thumb.png.6644920e3bcbd2933ff59d80
Something like this?

Very much like that!!!!! 

So you have that nice grille, East Front one. Im jealous.

I need to figure out how to get screencaps from ps4 to pc/smartphone for better pics than thus garbage.

But its my Daily Challenge driver, that i built and used this night, and did all the tasks needed in a single session with it, but i did try Joule once i thinks.

Has Seal + Dumb Horse + Special rarity AC and MG..cant recalm their real names. Shiws, shivels, warning signal lights...Jockey cab, spikey + truck bumpers. Tried to keep it quite bare , like some old world worktrucjs that had fixed small boxes in the rear for tools. sexcluding few decos.  Its a great cab, too sad you dont see it in the field often.

IMG_20200311_170017.jpg

Changed pic to bettah.
  • Like 1

That auto-assembly build this basically, and its very first time i see something nice Looking coming out of it.

I changed engine, tires, added weapons,bumber,decos and few tiny bits,gave it paints and call it done. Fought with it a few battles, survived , collected kills and points with it, and we won a few rounds in a row too.

IMG_20200321_103307.png

• Like 1