MrFawkes88

Region Selection

Why is it that I live in America and I can only play most days on European servers? More importantly why can't I select my server? I can on custom battle so why not in general. 

That doesn't matter if I can't fire my weapons because of latency. I'm happy to wait if it means I can actually play the game, especially in raids. I lost 200 fuel today because every raid it insisted I play with the French. 

Edited by MrFawkes88

2 hours ago, MrFawkes88 said:

Why is it that I live in America and I can only play most days on European servers? More importantly why can't I select my server? I can on custom battle so why not in general. 

How do you know what server youre on when you play in the xbox? Ive been on at all hours and Im curious how to tell 

Latency skyrockets and everyone starts speaking French and German, occasionally Russian(presumably RU server). Assumptions mostly but this is exactly how "automatic server location" works on war thunder and wargaming's games, once I switch to North American servers on those games my issues go away. PC gets this setting why doesn't Xbox? War thunder has it on Xbox(or at least it did, haven't played in a while), isn't that the same game engine? 

I’d like to add a sidenote to this topic as I have a similar(ish) issue.

For the last 6 weeks or so (may have coincided with an update) I’m continually matched to US/NA server by default. I can easily tell by the GTs and those in game chat. Played for approx 2 years+ and used to get matched to EU servers as normal. I live in the UK.

It’s defintely not down to the times I play. I kinda figured it would be IP-related but I’m not running any VPN software or anything.

All a bit bizarre. Ideas on what’s causing it welcome.