Charlie9204

Best Hard Raid build ?

This Topic is about efficient and accessible hard raid builds, but it's now extended to easy and normal raid builds, as well as other efficient vehicles.

Since raids have the purpose to help us farm resources by letting us using the daily fuel, the best hard raid build is helping you to get resources, not consuming them.  So it's cheap to invest on.

There is 2 parallel goals/states of mind during a raid :

1. To team up and cooperate in order to ensure Raid Victory (tower/truck/ally protection, enemy target destruction).
  2.  Competition against other players regarding the score to get the most resources as rewards at the end of the raid.

What raid to choose (Click to expand):

Spoiler
  1. For the resources of the selected raid (copper, plastic, electronic). Best raids for that are the raids with more enemy bots, longest raids :
    1. Frontier defense
    2. Gone in two minutes
    3. Perimeter breach
    4. Data theft
  2. To complete the weekly challenges and get engineer badges. Do raids above, or if you are lacking time to use the daily fuel, here are the shortest raids :
    1. Steel cradle
    2. The war for fire
    3. Hit and run
    4. The last convoy
  3. Best raids for resources to sell :

4. Medium Plastic raids
  5. Hard Electronics raids
  6. Hard Copper raids
  7. Best difficulty to get resources is indeed: Hard.

(source: Grindmaster sheet - deprecated but still accurate as 05 August 2020)

My personal goal program for daily fuel is

1. Hard Electronics raids alwaysFrontier Defense map if possible - until weekly challenge is done (500 badges).
  2. Hard Copper raids alwaysFrontier Defense map if possible - until weekly challenge is done (500 badges).

During a raid :

• Keep the objective in mind and it's health on sight (truck/tower to protect)
  • Disarm purple bots, destroy red bots, then destroy purple bots
  • Lunatics, Firestarters : aim for cabins (low hp cabins so faster)
  • Scavengers: aim for weapons (high hp vehicles so best to disarm first)
  • Nomads, Dawn's childrens, I'd say aim for weapons, but matters less.

If you're surrounded/seriously outnumbered, aim for weapons.

All mentioned builds below are currently on exhibition.

HOT build of the moment - Chally : https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5398465

• pros : adaptable build, can do PvP and hard raids very well, can support most weapons, cheap build.
  • cons: need some battlepass parts and non-craftable items, can't support double cannons.

Level 4-10 car : "Rocking Rookie" - by Berlotte (my test account):  https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5395551

Daily challenge build : https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5395301

Rainbow raider https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5388377

Desoldererhttps://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5380110

"Final" comments https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5371524

Some other interesting links :

https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311613-raid-reward-calculation/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/8b3wyi/crossout_tip_you_dont_need_to_cover_your_cab_with/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/6me9wd/intermediate_guide_to_crossout/

-------- 

Original 1st post archived here.

Spoiler

EDIT - INDEX (will be completed according progression):

1. What is the best hard raid build ? My definition https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5362373
  2. Why Defenders as main weapon ? https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5362480
    1. Some eligible  weapons https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5367753
  3. What cabin, hardware, movement parts do we need (or don't) and why ? https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5362623 
  4. What if I want to use other weapons/ hardware ? https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5363296
    1. How to adapt the build with my Omnibox cabin ? https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5363814
  5. How do I tests the builds https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5363424
  6. Frequently asked questions https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5363542
  7. Faction blueprint as raid build ?https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/311028-best-hard-raid-build/&do=findComment&comment=5369507

CURRENT BUILD NAME ON EXHIBITION: Raid E16S6 "Safe raid truck"

+ Growl-Ampere-Sinus-Ruby build COMING SOON "raid CORKSCREW" in exhibition, see screenshot below :

883739514_screenshot-200418-170853(39811

Details in last post.

------- THIS IS FIRST POST, THE BUILD EVOLVED IN THE MEANTIME

By Best Hard Raid build I mean : a build that wins hard raids, that doesn't make us consume repair kits, and that is accessible to a good part of the playerbase (F2P, no advanced factions, and reasonable budget). The goal is to farm resources without wasting money on fuel and repair kits, provided you have an average team with reasonable weapons and builds.

A good entry build with a rare cab was "Raid Soldier v2" on exhibition : Growl Ampere 4x Sinus-0 R2-Chill, 1100 hp accessible at Engineer lvl 19 and Lunatics Nomads Scavenger lvl 4-5.

Now I'm trying to make a very good Hard raid build with an epic cab, and that's what I found best so far :

1266852818_screenshot-200325-185054(2561

CabinQuantum : medium cab, popular, cheap, 12 energy, fast, is useful on a variety of PvP builds too.

Weapon: machine-guns - 4x ST-M23 Defenders. 1st most durable on rare & special machine guns  and 2nd on damage. Very good PS/damage ratio, and can connect to each other, also very easy to protect. So we'll put them all connected to each other straight on top of the cabin, and they'll never fail. No more pass-through structures so less risks of losing a weapon, and more PS saved. The only downside is the limited frontal fire range but it's still completely worth all the benefits.

Generator: PU-1 Charge : the safest option and a medium epic cab can bear the extra mass. Use ampere as second option but careful as some leaders can just set you quick on fire from afar. generator below cabin.

Fused R2-Chillhalf the PS and price than the R2 Seal for similar performance (61% against 70% and the perk isn't really useful in raid except maybe some convoys). Radiator behind cabin.

Fused CS Taymyr: It's seems the best way to spend the last energy point, however another possibility is a second R2-Chill. I'm not sure what would actually be the best but a cooler seems completing the build well. Let me know what you think about it. Cooler behind cabin.

Wheels: 6x wheels, 2 APC ST, 2 Arrays ST, and 2 Racing wheels is the best balance I found so far between wheel durability, mass, and PS. Also the Defender's recoil is important so heavy wheels in front is good to prevent instability when the build is damaged.

Radio, Ruby radar: radio not really important, ruby still fine to have. 

WIth this gear and this setup, you won't have to use a repair because your weapons or the weapon's structure have been destroyed. Same with the generator exploding and removing 80% of your mobility due to Lunatics lancers, Fuzes, or Leaders. Most of the gear is rare so affordable and low PS, allowing at the same time the build to be under 6000 PS*.

This build require some more mobility in the playstyle due to the limited firing range of the defenders, and you probably won't be MVP a lot but you'll be very reliable on the team and won't waste money while farming for it.  

(*NOTE: after testing I didn't find much difference with a 6-7K PS build, I even found hard raids easier because it allows your build to have one more energy point and way more durability, with an IA difficulty increase only slightly increased, but this build is still under 6K PS for the sake of the argument. However don't hesitate to increase it for extra durability and test yourself).

Build's is "Raid E20N5S6F47" (E20 for Engineer level 20 required, etc) on exhibition. Let me know what you think (About the build, not about the build's name, I know it sucks).

screenshot-200325-170854(40 5 119).jpg

screenshot-200407-201127(39 6 118).jpg

screenshot-200408-230615(37 8 117).jpg

Edited by Charlie9204
adding Index on first post.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

A few basic guidelines:

Just guns, to keep your Power Score as low as possible (5999-6999) you don't want to waste it on Epic movement parts, an engine, at most a radar, which I generally leave off in favor of more Armor.  Even a generator isn't worth the extra gun, if it pushes you over 7K.

Steppinwolf, and Founder's armor is the most Durability you can get for the Power Score.  Everything you don't spend on Weapons, goes to Armor.  Gun Mounts, Buggy floors, and Bumpers are just barely worth it for holding your guns (If you have too many to crowd on your roof, and fames) but I spend a lot on Pipetooth/Bladewings/Hatchets so I can 1-shot ramming.  To me, that's worth it, your mileage may vary, but blowing through a pack to knock them off their frames, and flip them over makes it a lot quicker, safer, and easier to finish them off.  So, it may be worth it to put a basic Wedge (Train Plow, Hatchets, and Blade Wings) on the front.  

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

A few basic guidelines:

Just guns, to keep your Power Score as low as possible (5999-6999) you don't want to waste it on Epic movement parts, an engine, at most a radar, which I generally leave off in favor of more Armor.  Even a generator isn't worth the extra gun, if it pushes you over 7K.

Steppinwolf, and Founder's armor is the most Durability you can get for the Power Score.  Everything you don't spend on Weapons, goes to Armor.  Gun Mounts, Buggy floors, and Bumpers are just barely worth it for holding your guns (If you have too many to crowd on your roof, and fames) but I spend a lot on Pipetooth/Bladewings/Hatchets so I can 1-shot ramming.  To me, that's worth it, your mileage may vary, but blowing through a pack to knock them off their frames, and flip them over makes it a lot quicker, safer, and easier to finish them off.  So, it may be worth it to put a basic Wedge (Train Plow, Hatchets, and Blade Wings) on the front.  

You are right for the first part. In this case the build fits this guideline. With an epic cabin we can have more mass limit and still 11 energy minimum compared to a rare cabin, and because this build doesn't need pass-through structures (defenders are twice as durable as Vectors and they anyway need to be low on the build due to the limited fire range), the build's PS is still under 6000 PS for 1.8K hp.

The parts seems to be classed by PS/durability ratio in the game when the default filter "by type" is used , and the Founders part are classed below Scavenger's parts so I tend to think Scavenger's parts are better than Founders, but I didn't made the math to verify. Anyway I prefer to avoid Steppenwolfs parts to make the build more accessible for the majority of the players (but they can of course adapt it individually afterwards). Also while in easy or normal raids the strategy doesn't matter much, in hard raids I found that melee range is not as efficient than mid range, because you tank more damage than necessary while blocking some of the shots of your teammates. This is why, among other reasons, it is generally preferable to use machine guns for raids.

Edited by Charlie9204
typos

35 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

The parts seems to be classed by PS/durability ratio in the game when the default filter "by type" is used , and the Founders part are classed below Scavenger's parts so I tend to think Scavenger's parts are better than Founders, but I didn't made the math to verify.

nah.  keep in mind that In General, certain factions have lighter parts for their Durability, and others lower PS for their Durability, but that isn't every single part.  The founders have some shapes that you just can't make with Steppenwolf parts, like the Hull Nose pieces, which I have a lot of.  So, I use them a lot, just to blend in the gaps in my armor, because I don't like having gaps in my armor.  I have to stand the sight of it, so I make sacrifices (Within reason) so it looks good enough for me to enjoy playing it.

I digress, there are some Founder's Parts with a good enough PS/Durability Ratio.  They're heavy AF, too.  You still have to be able to move, and get up to speed in a reasonable amount of time, so weight is an issue as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

nah.  keep in mind that In General, certain factions have lighter parts for their Durability, and others lower PS for their Durability, but that isn't every single part.  The founders have some shapes that you just can't make with Steppenwolf parts, like the Hull Nose pieces, which I have a lot of.  So, I use them a lot, just to blend in the gaps in my armor, because I don't like having gaps in my armor.  I have to stand the sight of it, so I make sacrifices (Within reason) so it looks good enough for me to enjoy playing it.

I digress, there are some Founder's Parts with a good enough PS/Durability Ratio.  They're heavy AF, too.  You still have to be able to move, and get up to speed in a reasonable amount of time, so weight is an issue as well.

Ok so i made a quick calculation, a large platfom (founders, 35 PS, 54 hp,144 kg) compared to a half-wall (scavenger, 35 PS 57 hp 162 kg) and the half-wall has a better HP/PS ratio. But the large platform has a better HP/mass ratio.

in this specific 4*4*1 part, 1 founders HP weight 2.66 kg (144/54) while 1 scavenger HP weight around 2.842 (162/57). (1 HP weight 1.92 kg for Lunatics, in comparison).

3 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Steppinwolf, and Founder's armor is the most Durability you can get for the Power Score

So according my calculations Steppenwolfs and Scavengers have the most durability we can get for the Power Score. But 1 hp is heavier in comparison. Founders comes 3rd, lower HP/PS ratio but higher HP/mass ratio.

Also, within a same faction, it seems that the heavier the part the better the HP/mass ratio is, although difference is slim (scavenger truck door 8*4*1 so double the half-wall: 70 PS 114 hp 323 kg so 2.833) while the half-wall has 2.842.

Regarding the Founders parts shape I totally agree, the founders parts are unique and super useful.

deleting, previous answer submitted twice

Edited by Charlie9204
deleting, previous answer submitted twice

I just have to say that getting down to 5 significant digits in Power Score efficiency is maybe overthinking it, when we're literally role-playing shade tree mechanics welding combat cars out of scrap metal.

Short answer:  Keep it under 7,000 Power score, I'm comfortable with 1,000+ Durability, as much dakka as you can fit, and hopefully it can handle well enough to not put it into the wall.

0.04% durability isn't going to kill you.

The difference of HP/mass within parts of a single faction is negligible but the differences of HP/PS and HP/mass between factions are important. But yes I dug deep and aside of the subject.

I'm trying to find something very close to the best hard raid build. If someone spent some time on that matter but other players can just download it from exhibition and use a solid farming build and jump in the queue, it'll be still worth the time investment and we would see less unreliable builds with weak points and inappropriate weapons for example. Our success in raid also depend of our teammate's build.

Can you tell me if what is missing for you if you wanted to assemble the build ? That would very helpful.

4x upgraded vector on growl is the budget solution
4x upgraded sinus on torrero the next tier
2x incinerator + colossus is a medium cost strong support, although needs some experience
2x porc + colossus if you have too much money and no skill
5x (upgraded)porc + colossus says mommy pays your bills and you just want to hold the fire button and still win, also works for pvp, leviathans, cw

Generally adding a doppler/maxwell and/or scope might improve your gunner cars, depends on each player.

I have a strong raid build, but it is not good for truck missions(50 kmh) or lunatics. I recommend avoiding truck missions anyway because you cant carry rubbish when it parks in front of you so you cant protect the truck.

1870119169_screenshot-200326-101310(3241

Edited by Firedrizzle
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, bkgmjo said:

4x upgraded vector on growl is the budget solution
4x upgraded sinus on torrero the next tier
2x incinerator + colossus is a medium cost strong support, although needs some experience
2x porc + colossus if you have too much money and no skill
5x (upgraded)porc + colossus says mommy pays your bills and you just want to hold the fire button and still win, also works for pvp, leviathans, cw

Generally adding a doppler/maxwell and/or scope might improve your gunner cars, depends on each player.

4x vectors + growl  then 4x Sinus is on the budget raid car "Raid Soldier v2" on exhibition. However items on a raid car shouldn't have legendary nor pack only items since it increase PS hence the raid difficulty, plus it's very expensive and since Raids have for purpose farming resources we shouldn't have to invest thousands of coins on that matter. Of course if you have them already it can be useful but the "best raid car" should be accessible for all players and not mainly the paying ones.

1 hour ago, Firedrizzle said:

How do you even overheat defenders?

Defenders have the same "time to overheating" parameter than Vectors, Chords, Specters, Tacklers, Protectors.. Radiators are very useful for machine-guns even if you tap-fire all the time, which everyone should to in order to keep a good accuracy.

1 hour ago, Firedrizzle said:

I have a strong raid build, but it is not good for truck missions(50 kmh) or lunatics. I recommend avoiding truck missions anyway because you cant carry rubbish when it parks in front of you so you cant protect the truck.

It's has 4 vektors. I will post on exhibition soon, the name is Zombie Tank.

Good looking vehicle ! 

Vectors have less damage and durability than Defenders or Sinus-0, so would be better to take one of those. And the spider cab, leg and tracks cost too much money for this build to me affordable for F2P players. And the "best hard raid build" should be able to do all hard raids and as you mentioned this one is too slow for convoy-type.

4 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

4x vectors + growl  then 4x Sinus is on the budget raid car "Raid Soldier v2" on exhibition. However items on a raid car shouldn't have legendary nor pack only items since it increase PS hence the raid difficulty, plus it's very expensive and since Raids have for purpose farming resources we shouldn't have to invest thousands of coins on that matter. Of course if you have them already it can be useful but the "best raid car" should be accessible for all players and not mainly the paying ones.

The first 2 are accessible within two days (minus the Torrero, which adds 2 weeks of grinding) and the weapon upgrades (especially range/spread) are a great boost, the third in three weeks of playing for free. And as you said, the purpose of raids is farming resources, so you want to finish those asap to start a new one. Incinerator and Doppler both provide a serious speed boost (with at least one other player using a brain), which can yield 100%+ more resources in the same time. Kind of worth the investment, if you plan on playing this game for longer than a month. Of course, you can use a heavy crouching tank to survive every raid without respawn or focus on the highest score, up to you, but I personally prefer efficiency.

1 hour ago, bkgmjo said:

The first 2 are accessible within two days (minus the Torrero, which adds 2 weeks of grinding) and the weapon upgrades (especially range/spread) are a great boost, the third in three weeks of playing for free. And as you said, the purpose of raids is farming resources, so you want to finish those asap to start a new one. Incinerator and Doppler both provide a serious speed boost (with at least one other player using a brain), which can yield 100%+ more resources in the same time. Kind of worth the investment, if you plan on playing this game for longer than a month. Of course, you can use a heavy crouching tank to survive every raid without respawn or focus on the highest score, up to you, but I personally prefer efficiency.

On PC Torero is 1700 c, 2x incinerator is 2x360 c, doppler is 290 c, so around 2700 c and around 5200 PS already. The quantum defender build: 4x36 c for defender, 400 c cabin and 1800 HP, no Doppler because it is not necessary on raids. Bots are simple to understand and predict there is no need to track them, you know where to find them, always around the objectives (tower, generators, convoy trucks) or players, so doppler or maxwell is a waste of energy point and PS.

Incinerators can be effective in raid but this "best raid build" as to be the best for a large majority of the playerbase, and best "quality/price/result" ratio is if can say.

I strongly recommend reading the raid part of the reddit guide "Intermediate Guide to Crossout" and also Basic Guide to Raid Builds 

Alright. Not gonna argue with you about that. Just advising newbies looking for hints to try and copy successful players, not reddit posts.

4 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

Defenders have the same "time to overheating" parameter than Vectors, Chords, Specters, Tacklers, Protectors.. Radiators are very useful for machine-guns even if you tap-fire all the time, which everyone should to in order to keep a good accuracy.

Good looking vehicle ! 

Vectors have less damage and durability than Defenders or Sinus-0, so would be better to take one of those. And the spider cab, leg and tracks cost too much money for this build to me affordable for F2P players. And the "best hard raid build" should be able to do all hard raids and as you mentioned this one is too slow for convoy-type.

That shows you you shouldnt look at ingame parameters, defenders take far longer to overheat. Radiators are aways needed vs Lunatics but 1 should be enough with defenders.

Thanks.

The vektors are are 9 blocks higher than the cabin so the durability doesnt matter. Sinus does more damage but I dont know about defender. Vektors are better than defender anyway because they always have a good firing angle. I can design somehing with just wheels if anyone is interested. Convoys shouldnt be done with randoms because a single Ace can make it into a 2 player raid by blocking you. Admittedly it's not good vs Lunatics because I believe in optimising for Scavengers and Nomads.

Edited by Firedrizzle

2 hours ago, Firedrizzle said:

That shows you you shouldnt look at ingame parameters, defenders take far longer to overheat. Radiators are aways needed vs Lunatics but 1 should be enough with defenders.

Thanks.

The vektors are are 9 blocks higher than the cabin so the durability doesnt matter. Sinus does more damage but I dont know about defender. Vektors are better than defender anyway because they always have a good firing angle. I can design somehing with just wheels if anyone is interested. Convoys shouldnt be done with randoms because a single Ace can make it into a 2 player raid by blocking you. Admittedly it's not good vs Lunatics because I believe in optimising for Scavengers and Nomads.

I just strapped a vector and a defender on my build, with the same button, and did a test drive: they overheat exactly at the same speed.

Also, a Vector  shot damage at 7.5 hp (two shots damage 15 hp), defender 8 hp, Sinus 8 hp but damages around 10% more after 10 shots, again tested on the test drive area.

Your build looks cool but it's a bit expensive and situational for F2P players.

The quantum-defender build is cheap, gives decent damage, fast, very durable and reliable... only downside is the limited firing angle but for plenty of advantages. You don't like it?

• Upvote 1

I agree, wheeled quad def is good if you know how to drive. And being slow in raids is less than ideal IMO

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1

Again, I can't call this:

93F41F9EE213FA601AD446D0BF617F1D6AF58BB2

The best hard mode tryhard build evar!  When i don't believe in such a thing, but I can say that it is pretty dang powerful.  Against weenies, bruisers, minibosses, bosses, levis, and other players (In mid level Missions.)  Bordering on Seal Clubbing, in the latter case.  Not a whole lot of armor, but with the new hold to fire mechanics, if you can keep it on target, their cabin doesn't last long enough to need it.  Also, not a real big target all around.

Note:  I sold my Apollo to buy the main gun.  Don't really need it any more.  There's absolutely nothing explosive in the entire build for them to blow up.  

Edited by psiberzerker

1 hour ago, Charlie9204 said:

I just strapped a vector and a defender on my build, with the same button, and did a test drive: they overheat exactly at the same speed.

The quantum-defender build is cheap, gives decent damage, fast, very durable and reliable... only downside is the limited firing angle but for plenty of advantages. You don't like it?

I could have swore it took longer to overheat, ok.

It's better than most raid builds I've seen.

Sorry,  I posted my build becasuse I thought you wanted reccomendations from skimming the thread and seeing you bring up what you got from exhibition.

Edited by Firedrizzle

13 minutes ago, Firedrizzle said:

Sorry,  I posted my build becasuse I thought you wanted reccomendations from skimming the thread and seeing you bring up what you got from exhibition.

Whether he wants other players posting their builds, or not.  We're going to.

A massive patch just hit.  So, anything tested today, vs anything said the other day (For instance over-heat rates) is subject to change.

Now, we all get to test everything over from scratch, yay!  (That's not sarcastic, I <3 starting over, rebuilding, and coming up with new stuff when there's changes.  IYAM, that's what Crossout is all about!)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

The best hard mode tryhard build evar!  When i don't believe in such a thing, but I can say that it is pretty dang powerful.  Against weenies, bruisers, minibosses, bosses, levis, and other players (In mid level Missions.)  Bordering on Seal Clubbing, in the latter case.  Not a whole lot of armor, but with the new hold to fire mechanics, if you can keep it on target, their cabin doesn't last long enough to need it.  Also, not a real big target all around.

Note:  I sold my Apollo to buy the main gun.  Don't really need it any more.  There's absolutely nothing explosive in the entire build for them to blow up.  

Good build !

Couple of thing I think a raid build should have: 6x wheels to ensure good mobility when couple of wheels are off, less or around 6K PS, cheap items (one epic item at most, the cabin) to keep it affordable as soon as possible, and no parts from advanced factions (the 3x toothpipes from lvl 8 firestarters implicate lunatics lvl 10, it takes a while to get there), and mid-range playstyle in order to destroy bots safely without running around exposed. I agree that melee playstyle is fun but it's not the safest option in hard raids and we want to avoid repairs kits use/lost fuel. To finish, as much as durability as possible.

It can have explosives, but cheap and safe ones, like special heavy gen or big G.

Ok so in the last news, I tried to adapt the build with Omnibox and then to do one from scratch, but without much success so far. Omnibox is 2 squares higher and surprisingly it's harder to build around than I thought (the best build doesn't have to be an art, but still with a decent design while using, again, accessible parts from basic factions only).

Omnibox is also very popular, craftable and with a price all like Quantum, and I though the perks could be useful, but so far I didn't feel much difference.

Also, I put 2 large wheels ST on the back and 2 balloons tyres ST on front, instead of Arrays ST and APC wheels. First, it's a rare wheel is 3x time cheaper than special wheels, but also the large wheel has similar durability as Arrays, and the large wheels and balloons tyres are pairing very well it seems : one is heavier than average (300kg), the other lighter (100kg), one more power than average (-20%), the other less (-12%), and the tilt is actually useful to compensate the limited fire range for defenders.

Finally, and I'm gonna need some help on that : are 2 rare radiators better than 1 rare radiator and 1 rare cooler ? I feel like it is, since the heating time is longer than the cooling time, so 50 % heating reduction will be longer than 50% cooling increase. Let me know your thoughts, at the moment I'm testing 2 rare radiators to see if it's enough on hard raids.

12 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

Couple of thing I think a raid build should have: 6x wheels to ensure good mobility when couple of wheels are off, less or around 6K PS, cheap items (one epic item at most, the cabin) to keep it affordable as soon as possible, and no parts from advanced factions (the 3x toothpipes from lvl 8 firestarters implicate lunatics lvl 10, it takes a while to get there), and mid-range playstyle in order to destroy bots safely without running around exposed. I agree that melee playstyle is fun but it's not the safest option in hard raids and we want to avoid repairs kits use/lost fuel. To finish, as much as durability as possible.

It can have explosives, but cheap and safe ones, like special heavy gen or big G.

Okay?  not my criteria.  I'm pretty much concerned with it being below 7,000 Power Score, extra points for doubling as a missions/Seal Clubber build, so I don't have to switch back, and forth grinding Founders Event dailies.  (You have to get 5 Patches, then do a Mission...  I can get 6-7 Patches in 1 Raid.)

As for the wheel thing, it's kinda 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.  I never even craft Repair Kits, because I generally only ever need the free one, if that.  As far as fitting it in, tonnage, Power Score...  4 improved(from Battle Pass) Arrays>6 Medium Wheels.  

If you have 6 Medium Wheels, use those.  The Large Fenders protect them well enough, but I need the Traction, with that wheelbase, and turning radius.  Because I'm a Brawler, I could downgrade it all to level 3 Scavenger's, Nomad, and Lunatic parts, and snipe with Storms from a tower, but you know what?  I won't.

The best hard raid build for me doesn't use newbie parts. 

44F7108BDE2CCF62B30B1230AB2F86F7BB5498B5

It uses the best ones I have available to me.

nlm.

Edited by psiberzerker

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Okay?  not my criteria.  I'm pretty much concerned with it being below 7,000 Power Score, extra points for doubling as a missions/Seal Clubber build, so I don't have to switch back, and forth grinding Founders Event dailies.  (You have to get 5 Patches, then do a Mission...  I can get 6-7 Patches in 1 Raid.)

As for the wheel thing, it's kinda 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.  I never even craft Repair Kits, because I generally only ever need the free one, if that.  As far as fitting it in, tonnage, Power Score...  4 improved(from Battle Pass) Arrays>6 Medium Wheels.  

If you have 6 Medium Wheels, use those.  The Large Fenders protect them well enough, but I need the Traction, with that wheelbase, and turning radius.  Because I'm a Brawler, I could downgrade it all to level 3 Scavenger's, Nomad, and Lunatic parts, and snipe with Storms from a tower, but you know what?  I won't.

The best hard raid build for me doesn't use newbie parts. 

It uses the best ones I have available to me.

nlm.

Man it's fine your build is cool, I'm just trying to find a very good hard raid build cheap and accessible relatively soon so players can assemble it asap, no need to finish your post with a middle finger.

I modified the quantum defender build, removed special wheels by rare ones, and fused radiator and cooler by 2 regulars rare radiators : now it cost cabin 400 c, 6x rare wheels 6x18 c, 2x rare radiators 2x30 c, 4x defenders 4x30 c, PCU--Charge 100 c so around 752 c, 800 c at most.

And for 800 c and Engineer lvl 20, Nomad lvl 5, Scavenger lvl 6, Founders lvl 47, you get 1800 HP, good damage (2nd best MG of rare and special MGs, and 1st on durability), sturdy weapons and reliable build, all below 6000 PS. You got to admit it's a pretty good build, and I need you to give advices or critics on it, like tell me what was your first cabin, would you use this defender build , is a build design very important to you, etc.