Charlie9204

Best Hard Raid build ?

Honestly a good raid build is the one you're having fun with. I used to need a dedicated hard raid, but curiously, as the raids progressively got harder, I noticed it was just boring me to death. I was losing raids not because my raid build was bad, but because playing 4 Vectors on a tower sitting there is the most boring thing I could think of. Now I go into hard raids with LBs or Impulses wich probably makes all my random mates cringe, and I do better than I used to with Vectors because I'm having a blast. There's no miracle raid build. Sure there are some bad ideas and some good ones... but don't get too obsessed by a supposed PvE metagame. I see plenty of horribad raiders with 4 Vecs on a tower, unable to hit crap and cwering behind the objectives to avoid taking a hit. I just bring my PvP builds into it.

I'd suggest adding blades/hatchets to the build you showed, because cannon fodders are really light in raids, and it's an easy way to get some one-hit kills on them.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Upvote 2

There are more viable options for hard raids indeed. What I sometimes do to test them without the randomness of teammates is creating a custom hard raid and run that custom raid solo. My experience is that when you can finish a custom raid solo without dying once and in a decent pace its ok for real hard raids.

18 hours ago, Clebardman said:

Honestly a good raid build is the one you're having fun with. I used to need a dedicated hard raid, but curiously, as the raids progressively got harder, I noticed it was just boring me to death. I was losing raids not because my raid build was bad, but because playing 4 Vectors on a tower sitting there is the most boring thing I could think of. Now I go into hard raids with LBs or Impulses wich probably makes all my random mates cringe, and I do better than I used to with Vectors because I'm having a blast. There's no miracle raid build. Sure there are some bad ideas and some good ones... but don't get too obsessed by a supposed PvE metagame. I see plenty of horribad raiders with 4 Vecs on a tower, unable to hit crap and cwering behind the objectives to avoid taking a hit. I just bring my PvP builds into it.

I'd suggest adding blades/hatchets to the build you showed, because cannon fodders are really light in raids, and it's an easy way to get some one-hit kills on them.

I get you, a game is for fun, but in raid you impact your teammates fun. If I lose because someone took an inappropriate build I am wasting fuel and time and it's impacting my fun. (Hard) raids are a teamplay mode and one's behavior/performance impacts fully the team in good or bad. If you have your fun while doing your part that's good indeed. Yes, raids are a chore to get ressource/badges, and I'm trying with your help to build a perfect car to make it more interesting, a bit faster and less painful for everybody.

It's a recurrent subject. The general observation is that everyone is free (to have fun), until it impacts others freedom (to have fun, to progress, to finish the raid). (Hard) Raids are a teamplay mode so your teammates are counting on you. You can have fun on easy raids but I can only farm resources efficiently on hard raids.

I followed your advice and added 2 hatchets to the build, and also replaced the wheels by 2 racing ST, 2 Racing, and 2 larges wheels ST. they are rare, popular, and with good durability so they'll be cheap and there's chances players have some of them already. I'm still undecided about the back wheels, should they be large ST (front tilt, best durability) or racing ST (more popular, chances players have a full set already, can be re-used by owner in pvp), or something else ?

1569564783_screenshot-200328-213811(4151

The approximate cost doesn't count the not-for-sale items so we have to add 4x 30 c defenders and 2x30 c of R2-Chill. That's less than 800 c total, It can't be more affordable with an epic cabin. Using a rare cab mean losing energy and mass limit (hence durability) , and ditching the gen means losing efficiency.

11 hours ago, Qurzo said:

There are more viable options for hard raids indeed. What I sometimes do to test them without the randomness of teammates is creating a custom hard raid and run that custom raid solo. My experience is that when you can finish a custom raid solo without dying once and in a decent pace its ok for real hard raids.

That's a good and practical idea to measure the performance of a build, but actually a solo hard raid is way more difficult or longer than an hard raid with an average team of 4 players.

I usually test my build on regular hard raid and check what fails first (weapons, wheels, gen, frames, cabin) and adjust it afterwards. I also look at my contribution within the team via the scoreboard and I pay attention of my win rate and my repair kits used.

So far I rarely use the free repair and extremely rarely use one of my own. I only lose convoy raids, the truck melt every damn time even with the recent patch. 

Edited by Charlie9204
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 4:41 PM, Charlie9204 said:

1569564783_screenshot-200328-213811(4151

How do you show the Parts List in a screencap like that?   I'd really like to, but I don't know the keystroke to bring it up.  Thanks.

Edited by psiberzerker

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

How do you show the Parts List in a screencap like that?   I'd really like to, but I don't know the keystroke to bring it up.  Thanks.

Sure, on your main screen click on the very bottom right "i" icon to show your current vehicle's details and Power Score. Then next to your PS click on the little icon with another 'i' in a round, all together in a square (we can see it highlighted in yellow on the screeshot in my last post). Difficult to explain better but you should be managing. Not sure if there's a shortcut key for that.

Since I'm here, I tweaked a bit the build, it only needs E15 N5 S6 ("E" for Engineer level faction, etc). Among some minors details I replaced some Founders parts for Engineers parts, losing some HP but also much weight, and making the build very accessible (low factions level needed). And I think 6 racing wheels are good.

The build now is cheap, 1700 HP, safe gen, 4 defenders (very good DPS), stable, 54 parts only, and still below 6K PS, .. I'm not sure it's possible to do better without using advanced faction parts and so restricting more and more the accessibility. 

EDIT : Can anybody check "Raid E15N5S6" in exhibition and give some feedback ? thanks !

Edited by Charlie9204
adding detail

11 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Sure, on your main screen click on the very bottom right "i" icon to show your current vehicle's details and Power Score. Then next to your PS click on the little icon with another 'i' in a round, all together in a square (we can see it highlighted in yellow on the screeshot in my last post). Difficult to explain better but you should be managing. Not sure if there's a shortcut key for that.

Thanks!

561761E450243E532F43EC52C55C6F3F46D1E620

Spoiler

Not my "Best Hard raid Build."  Just what I happened to have in the garage, but not bad.

EDIT : Can anybody check "Raid E15N5S6" in exhibition and give some feedback ? thanks !

On it!

7955A3B8714F427D9BFF97D3446A0C9D8570382D

The handling is, not my taste.  I'll just put it that way, i like somewhat better acceleration, and tighter turning, but you didn't build it for me.  

<3 Defenders, my second favorite MGs, and that's only after Protectors.  Can't complain there.

The styling is what it is.  Inside your own self imposed restrictions (Using accessible first Faction parts, and so forth) you did about the best you could.

The Quantum is a cabin.  It's a cheap cabin, you can build around, doesn't actually do anything for this build, besides provide a Cabin.  If it were my build (It's not) I would make it a Growl, and Gasgen, for Performance.  Needs an engine, Hardcore would be fine, if you can fit it in.

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

The handling is, not my taste.  I'll just put it that way, i like somewhat better acceleration, and tighter turning, but you didn't build it for me.  

<3 Defenders, my second favorite MGs, and that's only after Protectors.  Can't complain there.

The styling is what it is.  Inside your own self imposed restrictions (Using accessible first Faction parts, and so forth) you did about the best you could.

The Quantum is a cabin.  It's a cheap cabin, you can build around, doesn't actually do anything for this build, besides provide a Cabin.  If it were my build (It's not) I would make it a Growl, and Gasgen, for Performance.  Needs an engine, Hardcore would be fine, if you can fit it in.

Man thanks a lot for checking it ! Yea so overall maneuverability is enough for the defender/MG playstyle in hard raid : mid-range front shooting, re-positioning, shooting, etc. It's not gonna win a race or drive and smash around like your build, but overall it's just a well-loaded 6 wheels quantum, nothing more or less.

Glad you like defenders, they are just the best weapon choice, and I got used to them for raids since a long while, never disappointed. I tried vectors, piercers, sinus-0.. on a T-tower or on a "scorpion" style, I liked them but always came back to defenders. They just have good DPS durability and PS than other rare and special MGs.

Yea not really a sexy vehicle, maybe with some paint & stickers it can be better. It might seems optional but players need to like the aesthetic at least a bit. I'll see what I can do

Growl doesn't have enough mass iimit and gasgen is too risky for the "perfect build"... I tried Omnibox but the height is not convenient, the perks weren't really noticeable and it's a less popular cabin. Other cabins are either very expensive, less mass limit (light cabins), less energy (heavy or special cabins), or less convenient shape.

I feel like durability is more important and an engine is a bit luxury and would raise the PS above 6000 thus increasing a bit the bot's difficulty.. I know 6K or 7K doesn't bring a very noticeable difference but plenty of players will always be skeptical and prefer sub 6K PS builds.  

As I expected you have all the parts, but surprisingly you have almost nothing of the gear... I hope it's not gonna be the case for the majority of the players..

NOTE "Raid E15N5S6" in exhibition updated : relocated and protected radar, added paint and stickers for a "military" looking style.

Edited by Charlie9204
build update on exhibition

18 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Growl doesn't have enough mass iimit and gasgen is too risky for the "perfect build"

Okay, subtract the weight of the PU Charge from your Mass Limit, and run the numbers again.  The risk of using Gasgen in Raids is overstated.  It's a bit less than it used to be in PvP since the Cannon rework, but it's perfectly fine for Raids.  Like I said Your Build/My Build.  I'd rather work with Growl, and Gasgen, but take a look at how much Power Score you unlock with that combination real quick.

18 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

As I expected you have all the parts, but surprisingly you have almost nothing of the gear... I hope it's not gonna be the case for the majority of the players.

I'm not the majority of players.  Any opinion you get from me is going to be considered "Weird" by the majority of players.  Just FYI.

6 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Okay, subtract the weight of the PU Charge from your Mass Limit, and run the numbers again.  The risk of using Gasgen in Raids is overstated.  It's a bit less than it used to be in PvP since the Cannon rework, but it's perfectly fine for Raids.  Like I said Your Build/My Build.  I'd rather work with Growl, and Gasgen, but take a look at how much Power Score you unlock with that combination real quick.

I'm not the majority of players.  Any opinion you get from me is going to be considered "Weird" by the majority of players.  Just FYI.

The build is close to 8937 atm Kgs, the PU charge is 576 kg, Growl's mass limit is 6000 kg, so we are far from fitting the gear on a growl unfortunately. Masterjack is out of question because very expensive.

Gasgen like Ampere are fine 95% of the time under the cabin but from time to time raider boss Mayem is throwing fire (with incinerators I think) at you and poof ! Your gen's 36 hp are gone as well as at least your mobility , and so your (free) repair kit. Same for Fuzes and Lancers from Lunatics faction. The gen behind the cab is gonna explode more often during the raid. With the PU-Charge, you can take an 8 seconds bath in a puddle of fire and barely notice anything at the end but a unusable weapon. 

Following my Reddit posts "Efficient budget raid build for the Crossout community", "Efficient budget raid build for the Crossout community (part 2)", and "Rate my (raid) build ! - Amazing offer !", I made the growl build "Raid Soldier v2" on exhibition which is the best hard raid build with rare cabin I came up with. Other builds on exhibition have advanced faction parts that some of the players (including me) don't have, or the cabin cost 1.7K c or the PS is much higher, or the build has some flaws (fragile "scorpion" weapon structure making also the build more prone to instability specially when damaged, etc).

I think there's players who sells/upgrade their rare gear in order to get to the next level with special/epic items, while I usually keep my old gear and grind better gear from scratch. We'll see.

I did 4 raids with the build today with free fuel, 3 hard copper (and 1 easy). Below screenshot is the build heavily damaged, yet we can see I was perfectly operational until the very end.

I was a bit reckless on this raid and had to use the free repair. Frontier defence, Bridge, Hard, Nomad, average PS around 8000 PS, Raid won, score 3rd, see 2nd attached screenshot.

1953986613_screenshot-200401-023709(2312

2nd Raid same Raid, see 3rd attached screenshot. Last Raid : Last convoy, Eastern array, Hard Scavenger. (4rd attached screenshot) For those two I didn't use any repair kits, raid has been won, and score is second-last or last but still not too far than the rest of the team. 

5th screenshot is the History with the raids info on it. War for fire was easy raid while waiting rotation to happen.

Those raids and screenshots are to show how reliable the build is while having a decent score and being created with accessible parts and relatively cheap and popular gear. All that is mainly possible thanks to defenders having decent DPS and best durability, very easy to protect and also important defenders can connect to each others making pass-through structures a simple waste of PS, PS that is used instead  on this vehicle to increase HP pool.

screenshot-200401-024258(-1 13 -110).jpg

screenshot-200401-025810(-174 26 25).jpg

screenshot-200401-031450(-77 40 -1040).jpg

screenshot-200401-032544(37 4 118).jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

fragile "scorpion" weapon structure making also the build more prone to instability specially when damaged, etc...

I assume by "Scorpion" you mean the towers with overhanging parts, and up-side down machineguns?  Not only is that unstable, and 1 part away from losing all your guns, but it's also got blind spots behind it.  Not a big fan, agreed.  

23 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I assume by "Scorpion" you mean the towers with overhanging parts, and up-side down machineguns?  Not only is that unstable, and 1 part away from losing all your guns, but it's also got blind spots behind it.  Not a big fan, agreed.  

That's the up-side down machine guns I'm talking about, yes. It can be unstable specially when damaged (wheels, armor making build unbalanced) and yes it's a fragile structure. But the main advantage is actually the fire range, it's almost a complete 360° except behind, but less than a quart turn is enough to cover it. Defenders are quite the opposite,some more maneuvering to get use to but very sturdy.

I updated the build, only Engineer lvl 16 needed now + Scavenger lvl 6, no more Nomad parts. That gave the build close to 100 hp added. Also now the build has the cabin quite unprotected (I'm pretty sure most of the experienced players have heard of the "don't cover-the-cabin" lecture, so I'm testing it, a link for reference https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/8b3wyi/crossout_tip_you_dont_need_to_cover_your_cab_with/).

Changed the design a bit to make it more attractive. Raid E16S6 on exhibition

1196775651_screenshot-200402-035332(3951

336478286_screenshot-200402-035402(33613

• Like 1

Quick post after today's free fuel's hard raids, the open cabin works well, actually it makes senses : usually we "protect" the cab with armor, but an enemy shooting 100 HP straight on the cabin or on an 100hp part will equally reduce the vehicle's HP by 100. Bumpers really protect a cabin, but armor are meant to protect everything else (wheels, modules, hardware,weapons). I think there's more on that subject but for now let's remember that armor should be wrapping our gear and not the cabin. Below screenshot showing the vehicle once again fully operational until last breath, followed by the score of the Hard raid - frontier defense - fortress scavengers:

800553248_screenshot-200403-023218(-5692 

1295402225_screenshot-200403-023327(-904

Last on score but not very far.

Next identical raid capture below: Lost 2 front wheels but still having similar scores, this time coming second. Mobility is reduced but fine in this situation:

69818056_screenshot-200403-024142(-50481

285086097_screenshot-200403-024429(-1045

Now I tried a raid with the buid adapted for an omnibox cabin. It is easy to adapt and Chemical plant - hard, nomad was a success, 1st score (see "champion" patch on 2nd screenshot below) despite having to use the free repair kit at the final wave. Again all gear fully functional until the destruction, weapons radiators even the radar was still not destroyed :

216435212_screenshot-200403-031909(112-1

966883999_screenshot-200403-032447(3211-

To adapt the build with Omnibox cabin, remove quantum, remove defenders, place omnibox, place defenders on the 4th row on top of omnibox to guarantee clear fire angle, and adjust side van rear doors and top canvas roof like below screenshot :

1425017994_screenshot-200403-043251(3891

Obliviously there's several ways to adapt the build and it might not be really aesthetic, but the modifications are quick and easy and as functional as quantum cabin build.  

Base dimension and effective mass limit are similar between Quantum and Omnibox. I didn't pick Omnibox cabin as fist choice despite the perks because of the shape less convenient to work with but most important, Quantum is more popular than Omnibox so players most likely have already that cabin. Nonetheless Omnibox and battlepass owners can adapt the build easily which is also important.

I'm still testing and doing some little tweaking but I think it's about to be done. I'll soon promote it and ask more feedback. Raid E16S6 on exhibition, don't hesitate to let me know what you think about it !

Today I put some decors, the build is at around 6160 PS, the player can remove them and be still under 6000 PS. Decors are good for exhibition test drive, in some case extra durability (manhole cover, spare wheels..) and for fun. We don't really grind rep on raids because of fuel cost.

With the upcoming wheel update, wheels can be changed for 8x common medium wheels if you don't have the 6x racing wheels (most popular rare wheels anyway). 

I also reworked the back of the build in order for the player to be able to add/modify hardware : for instance I switched PU-Charge for gasgen and ditched ruby radar for doppler and hot red engine. Again some extra options to make the build more adaptable to everybody's taste, including you @psiberzerker ! Also can be useful for some patch like "Knife in the back" that require cloak in order to unlock some banners.

I'll need a catchy name at some point for this build, I take suggestions if you have some.

"Raid E16S6" on exhibition updated.

"Raid E16S6" on exhibition updated.

A3AE18D0CE075651E0A53839293114A87A03BD1A

Looking better, and better, the more you polish it.  Love that sticker on the side, looks like a Futurama robot with 3 eyes.  (I know, it's a shield, with 3 road wheels in it.)  

17 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

I'll need a catchy name at some point for this build, I take suggestions if you have some.

Pillbox.  (Shown next to "Bloodrust.")

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

I am sorta bewildered why no one mentions the Aurora. All of my raid builds sports an Aurora because it makes for more damage the more teammates fire at the same enemy I am. It is the perfect PvE weapon. Not only that but it heats the enemy up so fast that I heat the weapons up as they go by, all the weapons on all the enemies sometimes.

The Aurora is the most important part of a raid build - surely for at least one build to have one.

For some raids someone having a wall penetrating radar is important.

Raid builds should always have upgraded wheels, engines, and of course cabs.

It is important to keep your PS down but not as much as other say, if you ask me 7.5 to 8.5k is perfect for hard raids.

-Vryce

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, vryce said:

I am sorta bewildered why no one mentions the Aurora. All of my raid builds sports an Aurora because it makes for more damage the more teammates fire at the same enemy I am.

This is basically the cheapest Support you can buy on the market.  Porcupines, Incinerators, and so forth do it better, but good luck getting any of them in under 5, 6, or 7,000 Power Score with a decent build around it.  (it can be done with An incinerator, but not as easily as an Aurora.)

Pretty sure I said on the first page, your best bet is Aurora, and Miniguns.  Just doable with Equalizers, but you really have to cut corners on the Armor, and Wheels.  I don't suggest any other movement parts, and by wheels, I mean not Bigfoot.

Edited by psiberzerker

First of all thank you guys for your input.

About the Aurora or other support weapons like porcupines or incinerators, I sometimes got some teammates having those but it never felt to me like they made an huge and mandatory advantage to clear hard raids, like it's not a big deal neither if the build is below 6000 PS or below 8000 PS (AI get some bonuses like some extra HP but hard to really notice until maybe above 8K PS). On the other hand I clear a large majority of the Hard raids without those support weapons without major issues with the current build or my previous one.

On the con side, a single aurora is 400 c (I play on PC) and that is around the price of all the gear of the build I'm presenting, except cabin (100 c gen, 37 c x4 defenders, 30 c x2 R2-Chill, 19 c x6 racing wheels = around 420 c), and I believe the idea of the best raid build has to be very effective but also accessible for a majority of players so they can assemble it as soon as possible.

Also, even if I don't mind playing 7-8K PS build anymore on raids, some people do and thanks to Defenders that don't need pass-through structure we save a lot of PS that we can use for car's durability, making a very efficient build under 6K PS. Defenders are very durable, twice more than a Vector so you overall will very rarely lose part of your DPS.

That being said @vryce I would still be interested on seeing your build if possible.

2 hours ago, vryce said:

For some raids someone having a wall penetrating radar is important.

This topic has been brought early in this thread and my observation was that bots are predictable and go around players, truck, towers, generators, so you know where to find them, hence making such radars a waste of energy and PS. Sometimes there's a lost bot running around the map launching pyres or something similar but this situation is rare enough and doesn't justify this hardware. 

2 hours ago, vryce said:

Raid builds should always have upgraded wheels, engines, and of course cabs.

Upgrading is an effective option in raids since it improve an item without raising its PS but it's a non-necessary luxe. I have a fused R2-Chill (71% reduced heating) and CS Taymyr (61% increased cooling) but after testing I even found out that 2 regular R2-Chill (100% reduced heating) didn't feel very different (even better) and was plenty enough to destroy comfortably a bot, and on top of that it's more than twice cheaper.

Having everything upgraded is 3 times more expensive and the advantages are noticeable but slim compared to the price. There's plenty of F2P players including me that can't afford that slight extra comfort. An engine is not needed.

Edit

3 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Pillbox.  (Shown next to "Bloodrust.")

Thanks for the name idea, I'll think about it. Ideally it would be a name a bit militarish with the keyword "Raid" on it for exhibition searches.

I got the feedback on the in-game general chat that the radio is not necessary and a waste of PS, and I believe that's right. Radio is to communicate enemy's position to allies in the minimap and while it's mandatory in PvP, that doesn't bring much use in PvE.

Edited by Charlie9204
adding answer to question

I sometimes got some teammates having those but it never felt to me like they made an huge and mandatory advantage to clear hard raids, like it's not a big deal neither if the build is below 6000 PS or below 8000 PS (AI get some bonuses like some extra HP but hard to really notice until maybe above 8K PS)

Yeah, sorry, no.  They're not mandatory, they're just nice.  Especially with photons in the party, but 1 good Firebug can do it too.  On static target Raids, Barriers are nice, but not mandatory.

Edited by psiberzerker

54 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Yeah, sorry, no.  They're not mandatory, they're just nice.  Especially with photons in the party, but 1 good Firebug can do it too.  On static target Raids, Barriers are nice, but not mandatory.

All of those epic weapon aren't necessary to finish a hard raid with a victory and without using paid repairs, I think plenty of people forget that hard raids can be done fine with a growl ampere radiator 4x rare or special MGs, 6x common medium wheels, and 1100 HP for 5700 PS. I did it myself for a long time. All your guys builds and strategies and PS bracket are fine, we are just looking here for the best ratio efficiency/accessibility, the best balance. This build has around 1800 HP, very decent DPS (4x defenders + 2x radiator) while still being below 6000 PS it's very durable and safe (PU-charge), and require only Engineers faction lvl 16 and Scavenger lvl 6 + 800 coins.

Funny anectode, @vryce made me re-consider using upgraded R2-Chill, and I hit a PvP scrap game instead of testing it on a raid, and I got a victory and MVP. I did a serie of PvP (around 10) games afterwards, with fuel tank, gasgen, hot red engine, doppler and won half the games while being on permanently on the top 4th on score. So overall not amazing but pretty fine considering the build designed originally for Hard raids and that MGs aren't the best weapon on "high" PS PvP games.

Also, if someone wants to have some Hard raid with me to check it out more closely we can arrange that.

I didn't exactly said in details what I meant by "the best Hard raid build", so better late than never:

First, the goal is to farm resources on Hard raid and clearing weekly hard copper and hard electronic challenges, while consuming the less possible fuel and paid repair kits (and time, it's not a race, but not too slow neither).

So what we need is a victory and 1 re-spawn max. The position on the scoreboard doesn't matter as long as we made a decent score to get a fair amount of resources.

Unlike PvP where players can have different behavior and builds, Bots in Raids have always the same builds and behavior, so there is a "best raid build", a best way to deal with raids.

Now the build as to be accessible for a majority of players. If the best build has a fused apollo and requires two "defensive perimeter" bumpers, that means Scavenger and Steppenwolfs both level 10. Needless to say that this kind of best build will be the best for a handful of players only. So we need the build to be cheap while being very efficient for it's price, and for clearing a hard raid comfortably enough. So for example huntsman cabin + 2x avengers is cheap but not efficient (assuming the build reach 5K PS to enter an hard raid), while on the contrary a monster build bastion tracks aurora equalizer can be efficient but also very expensive.

For the previous reason, the build should not have pack exclusive parts, no advanced factions parts, no battle pass parts. The build has to be accessible for Free-to play players and I don't know when a player that didn't unlocked the Founders parts will have another opportunity to do it.

Additionally, players can have a PvP play-style incompatible with the raid build, making the raid build a very expensive and exclusive just to farm resources. If I'm mainly a hover-cricket guy or a tusk-drone type of play-style, the 300-400 coin bastion cabin is too much of a price just for raids. So the build has to have as much as popular/versatile items as possible so players may also use them in PvP, even might already own them. The machine-guns will probably be still raid-exclusive, but the 350 coin cabin Quantum is very popular and can be used in pvp in many builds.

The number of parts have to be less than 70 parts ideally (decoration excluded), so the players don't have to wait Engineer level 30 to assemble it, and also to allow other players to add some parts if needed (adding parts they have access to, or more common and rare decorations for example). 

The PS should be between 5000 PS (minimum hard raid requirement) and ideally 6000 PS. It's common knowledge that raid difficulty increase starting 6K PS (I don't have official sources but I tested it quickly on custom game and noticed a slight HP increase of turrets for instance depending of the build PS bracket I used). For some, playing a +6K PS build is fine, but others prefers under 6K PS. Luckily we want a cheap build too and it's possible to have efficiency too thanks to defenders, so we don't have to choose, we can have everything.

The build has to be attractive and promoted. We want to farm but we have to enjoy it a bit, so the build should be a visually decent vehicle and not being a bunch of squares added together like side-ways hovers (They are efficient but not aesthetic, that's it). And players need to know about it in order to use it so some communication on the forum, in-game, and Reddit for example will have to be done.

The build should be a minimum adaptable. Some players will use the build as-is and other will be fine raising the PS and adding an engine or switching a rare radiator for the epic version of it, or they will prefer ditching the PU-charge for a gasgen and adding a doppler, etc.

The build should follow as much as possible the existing Raid guides, the two that I know arehttps://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/6me9wd/intermediate_guide_to_crossout/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/bdkwd4/basic_guide_to_raid_builds/. There's also a brief one made by @Babylonsburning on this forum, named "Raid Guide". As he mentioned, a knowledge of which Hard raid/faction/map is easier and/or faster is a plus.

I think that's mainly it, I'll edit this post if something is coming back to mind. I'll also explain what gear I think should be used and why in another post.

6 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

The number of parts have to be less than 70 parts ideally (decoration excluded), so the players don't have to wait Engineer level 30 to assemble it, and also to allow other players to add some parts if needed (adding parts they have access to, or more common and rare decorations for example). 

You can start doing Hard Raids at about 55 parts, I know, because I bought a pack to get up to that parts limit.  70 actually looks a little high for what you're looking for here, but to get up to the 5000 (Mandatory to even start a Hard Raid) you have to use high PS structure parts like Gun Mounts, and Bumpers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

You can start doing Hard Raids at about 55 parts, I know, because I bought a pack to get up to that parts limit.  70 actually looks a little high for what you're looking for here, but to get up to the 5000 (Mandatory to even start a Hard Raid) you have to use high PS structure parts like Gun Mounts, and Bumpers.

55 part is fine too, but remember we won't use Founders or Steppenwolfs parts, so we might need more parts to get a decent durability. Best would be precisely less or equal than 62 parts (excluding decors that are optional and can be removed if needed), so we still have a good build while only requiring Engineers Level 16 minimum, otherwise level 19 (68 parts limit) is ok too. By the time a player reach level 6 in Scavenger and other basic factions (only accessible at Engineer level 10 as reminder), the Engineer faction shouldn't be far from level 16-19 too, so that seems a good timing on a player's progression.

A hard raid build with rare cabin will need high PS structures, it is true, but not with an epic cabin. The current ongoing build "Raid E16S6" on exhibition doesn't have pass-through structures at all and only 2 bumpers and is around 5990 PS (decors excluded).

See "Raid Soldier v2" in exhibition for the best Hard raid build I was able to make with a rare cabin.

1 hour ago, Charlie9204 said:

55 part is fine too, but remember we won't use Founders or Steppenwolfs parts, so we might need more parts to get a decent durability.

Scavs have some pretty good high Durability parts, but they're heavy.  Also, some of the better ones don't come in until later reputation, but Nomad's larger parts are also pretty well balanced.  I see you already use Narrow Wings, and I'm a huge fan of Avia fenders for the looks.  

You can't really write an exhaustive guide for parts, armor distribution, and PS/Weight balance vs Durability...  There's just too many parts, but the way I see it: "Enough Armor."  As long as you're not getting destroyed, anything more than that is surplus.  You have to get a feel for how much Armor YOU need, for a given Raid.  (Not just Hard raids, but Nomad Bruisers have grenade launchers, while Lunatics have Firebugs, and so forth.)  Will there be Leviathans?  

A picture is worth a thousand words, but all it really tells you is how cool it looks.  Pretty much why I took this as another gallery thread at first.  Even a Test Drive isn't going to tell you how You drive it.  How much damage You take in a Steel Cradle, or a Frontier Defense.  How it handles Shotguns, and how it handles Whirlwinds...

But I digress.  It's your thread, so rock.

Edited by psiberzerker