Charlie9204

Best Hard Raid build ?

Now let's talk about the gear a bit more thoroughly than my firs post in this thread

The Weapons are the most important gear so let's start with that :

• First, the higher your PS is the more the Bots will have hp, so having epic weapons doesn't necessary means you'll destroy a bot much faster. We'll take rare or special weapons to stay as efficient as possible while not spending coins on expensive weapons.
  • Second, the best weapon type for raids is widely recognized to be machine guns, see Reddit guide "Basic Guide to Raid Builds" for instance, link is on my previous post.
    • Basically shotguns are too close range and you'll tank more damage than necessary, melee damage even worse, cannon & wasps, crossbow have a slow reloading time, drones are fine in easy and normal raids but very tricky on hard raids, energy weapons maybe viable now since we can hold fire on Synthesis for instance.. But machine guns have unlimited ammos, mid range, rapid fire rate, so that's perfect for all the small, multiple and low-hp bots (compared to PvP builds) that are composing a raid. 
    • Now, what rare or special machine gun is the best ? I checked DPS on test drive and here are the results, also the parameters of each weapons already give an idea :
      • Vectors deal 7.5 HP on a single shot (15hp in 2 shots, 76 hp in 10 shots) and have 74 hp durability
      • Defenders deal 8 hp on a single shot (16 in 2 shots, 80 hp in 10 shots) and have 153 hp durability
      • Piercers deal 7 hp on a single shot, (14 in 2 shots, 73 hp in 10 shots) and have 114 hp durability (fire rate is higher but they also overheat faster, so hard to compare)
      • Sinus-0 deal 8 hp on a single shot, (16 hp in 2 shots, 87 hp in 10 shots) and have 97 durability (provided you shot accurately10 times in a row to use damage increase perk).
        • So Sinus has the best DPS (again if you aim perfectly most of the time), 2nd is Defenders.
        • Defenders have the best durability, twice more than Vectors and 50% more than Sinus-0.
          • Since we don't want the weapons to be destroyed durability is important. Sinus have better DPS but sometimes you might have a sinus giving up while the Defenders stays functional, so the sight DPS difference can be reduced between them. Defenders have slighly less DPS than Sinus-0 but they are more reliable and has less PS.
          • Cons of Defenders :
            1. Limited firing angle, but we usually shoot from front, and if you have Sinus or Vectors lined up on a T-tower, you already kill most of your side firing angle anyway. While it is expected to have more positioning to do, the pros overweight considerably this con. Also bots are brainless, they won't try to take advantage of your limited firing angle. If you have an enemy on your back, just do a U-turn, damage another bot, let the bot come back front, or let your teammates finish it, not a big deal.
            2. The recoil is actually more important than other machine guns. Can be noticed when the build is fairly damaged/lightweight and unbalanced.
            3. Price is couple of coins more expensive than Vectors at the moment (34-38 coins on PC)
          • Pros of Defenders :
            1. Good DPS (best rare MG than overly used Vectors)
            2. You can fuse a defender for around the same price of one Sinus-0, and have similar or better DPS than Sinus-0 and for lower PS
            3. Around 3 time less expensive and 165 less PS than Sinus-0.
            4. Best durability all rare and special MGs
              1. because of the high durability, it can be mounted straight on the cabin without being destroyed by lost bullets.
            5. Can connect to each other - while it doesn't sound much, it's one of the best feature of this MG : combined with durability, 4 defenders can be mounted in a square directly on the cabin ! No need for pass-through structure to hold them out of range of bots. pass-through structures have very high PS and they aren't fully reliable : one part can fall apart with one or even 2 of your weapons. With Defenders mounted in a square on the cabin, our DPS output is safer (only the damaged defender will fall at most) while saving a lot of PS that can be used for durability. for instance the current build has 1800 HP for less than 6000 PS with an epic cabin.

Defenders are underrated and not really popular because players don't really try them due to their obvious con which is the firing angle. However with some practice with the slightly different playstyle it's the best MGs for Raids among rare and special category. I have seen ridiculously high towers to protect Vectors, when their weakness isn't even balanced by their damage output.

I have been using Defenders since I read the pinned Reddit guide advising it and I never been disappointed. Couple of time, and in order to make an efficient raid build with rare cabin, I bought and used a set of 4x Vectors, Sinus-0, Piercers, on a T-tower, lined, or 2 on top and 2 upside down, or all upside down on a stair "scorpion" style.. Even if some configurations have some advantages I always came back to Defenders without regrets.

That's all for weapons, I'll tackle the rest of the gear in one go later. The subject of Defenders had to be detailed because players tend to keep their old habits without really considering other and potentially better options.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Since we don't want the weapons to be destroyed durability is important.

Not arguing with anything, and the vast majority doesn't even need commented on, just a minor point:

In Raids, Bots don't shoot at your guns.  If they're above your cabin, even if not on a Tower, they will shoot at your cabin, and miss your guns.  

However, Defenders basically have a hidden Perk, in their durability.  They're effective armor, so I'd respectfully suggest that it's Sinus and/or Defenders.  Sinus is actually HEAVIER than Defender, so looking at Durability/Mass ratio, even on Towers, 4x Defenders won't be as Top-Heavy, but you do give up just a little DPS.

I personally put the Defenders up-front, to protect my Cabin:

72576FD250A94369807D33325939D8D20E1464A2

This is an old build, I had to go back quite a ways to find a low Engineer Level build, and yes it has Small tracks.  It has a rapier too, but nowadays you can use A Storm.  Why would you want to use an Auto Cannon?

Well, for one thing, I like Growl, and it has 11 Energy.  So, I could, but in Raids, it was really handy to pick off those Anaconda Turrets way over yonder, on my way to grab that generator.  It's not as fast traching up close (You are using Perseus, right) but you can turn while your Auto-cannon turns, since your MGs are fixed forward.  You don't have to turn 360.

Again, I'm not trying to sell anyone the BESt build for all Hard raids, this is just an example.  Of how you can use Defenders, and their unique (Other than protectors) build possibilities.  They can protect another gun, too.

68BACB4B7439DDB8405B6034ECC0396477A19B43

Also, if you're going to use 1 Epic, I respectuflly suggest you'll get more out of Aurora (And your other guns) than you will out of Any Cabin.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

However, Defenders basically have a hidden Perk, in their durability.  They're effective armor, so I'd respectfully suggest that it's Sinus and/or Defenders.  Sinus is actually HEAVIER than Defender, so looking at Durability/Mass ratio, even on Towers, 4x Defenders won't be as Top-Heavy, but you do give up just a little DPS.

I'm not sure to fully understand what you mean, yes Sinus-0 have less durability and they are also heavier than Defenders, and yes Sinus-0 have better damage, but putting Defenders on a tower is not good because first they have limited firing angle from top to bottom too, so they need to be closer from the ground to reach very close targets, and second, they are very durable so their advantage is also to not require a pass-through tower anyway.

I personally put the Defenders up-front, to protect my Cabin

I don't think that's a good idea because while Defenders can comfortably sit on top of the cabin, soak missing bullets and shoot good damage at good firing angle, they aren't made to be the front target and get all the damage... Why not just put a good bumper in front of the cabin to protect it? Both the weapons and cabin will live longer and one is useless anyway without the other.  

About using auto-canon with Defenders (or other MGs), It's usually not very effective to mix weapons categories because they have different situation usage, your auto-cannon is long range but your MGs are mid-range, so you'll have to close up anyway, for example. You'll end up being covering different ranges and situations but only half as good as if you were specialized in one weapon category. 

On the "Raid Soldier v2" build I use Growl + Ampere, that's 13 energy, and I fit 4x MGs (sinus-0 in this build, as it is meant for everybody and Defenders aren't popular) and a (fused) rare radiator for max DPS, then I managed to get 1100 HP. I believe that's the best possible for a rare cabin raid build with the accessibly requirements I stated couple of posts above.

I don't use Perseus to have reliable and practical raid tests, but yes this co-pilot is of course a good optional bonus. I don't use auto-cannons in raids but it's doable indeed.

3 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Also, if you're going to use 1 Epic, I respectuflly suggest you'll get more out of Aurora (And your other guns) than you will out of Any Cabin.

While Aurora is a good teamplay weapon, it's not possible to be efficient (according my PS criterias) :

• If I take only Aurora but rare cabin, I must take Growl and I lose a lot of durability because the Growl's mass limit is 6000 Kg (MasterJack is too expensive for F2P players). Also I lose one energy point compared to an epic cabin, and gasgen + Aurora will definitely reach over 6000 PS and the build will be too risky. And if I use another rare cabin I lose another energy point.
  • If I take Aurora AND an epic cabin the PS go over 6000 PS, raising a bit the bot's HP and we are just undressing Jake to dress John instead, if I may use this expression :DD 
  • Also Aurora is rather specific to MGs playstyle while Quantum is used in plenty of PvP builds, most likely the quantum will have several use to all type of players. We want players to invest as little as possible to raid-specific gear.

30 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Putting Defenders on a tower is not good because first they have limited firing angle from top to bottom too.

Flip them over.  They have limited depression, and less limited elevation.  Or, you can reverse these by flipping them over.

I don't think that's a good idea because while Defenders can comfortably sit on top of the cabin, soak missing bullets and shoot good damage at good firing angle, they aren't made to be the front target and get all the damage...

The exposed front of your Quantum is?  Again, raid bots shoot directly at your cabin.  Not what's on top of it.  So, while it's true that Defenders can soak damage, they don't, unless the enmy is shooting down on you.  (Does help with Impulse bruisers, but that's just one faction.)

Why not just put a good bumper in front of the cabin to protect it?

I did, look at the pictures.  See the Small Plow?  That's a pretty good (Low level) bumper.  Most bumpers have Damage Passthrough.  Which is not ideal for protecting your cabin.  That's why.

About using auto-canon with Defenders (or other MGs), It's usually not very effective to mix weapons categories because they have different situation usage, your auto-cannon is long range but your MGs are mid-range, so you'll have to close up anyway, for example. You'll end up being covering different ranges and situations but only half as good as if you were specialized in one weapon category. 

Long range, and mid-range overlap.  That's your ideal range, where both of them are effective.  Again, it's handy to pick off priority targets (Like missile turrets) before you close in.  

I don't use Perseus to have reliable and practical raid tests, but yes this co-pilot is of course a good optional bonus. I don't use auto-cannons in raids but it's doable indeed.

While Aurora is a good teamplay weapon, it's not possible to be efficient (according my PS criterias) :

• If I take only Aurora but rare cabin, I must take Growl and I lose a lot of durability because the Growl's mass limit is 6000 Kg (MasterJack is too expensive for F2P players). 

Perseus also has a +500 KG boost to Growl's Mass limit.  Just like Master Jack, but only for Growl.  He's also got lots of bonuses for Machineguns (And 1 for Auto-cannons.)

•  
  • Also Aurora is rather specific to MGs playstyle while Quantum is used in plenty of PvP builds, most likely the quantum will have several use to all type of players. We want players to invest as little as possible to raid-specific gear.

Quantum is explicitely specific to ENERGY WEAPONS.  What are you using?  Machineguns.  So, your argument is you won't use the Combat Laser, because it's "Specific to Machinegun playstyle" but you're using Quantum, which gives you 0 more damage, because more armor, and yet, you refuse to Defend your Cabin with DEFENDERS because...

Why exactly?  It's your build, but you're talking yourself in circles here.  Try it, playtest it.  You want me to buy Defenders, and show you the build with wheels, instead of Small Tracks?  I'll have to sell a Trigger to do it, but just say the word.

Either it's No EPICS, or it's not.  Quantum is an Epic.  Either follow your own arbitrary rules, or stop applying them to me, when I offer some other options.

Edited by psiberzerker

Ok so to talk about the rest of the gear

1. Cabin :  Quantum/Omnibox, for being the first cabins fitting all those criterias:
    1. It has to be epic to get one more energy point (I already made a rare cabin hard raid build) i
    2. It has to be a medium cabin (light cabin have low mass limit and heavy cabins have one less energy point)
    3. It has to be craftable (players can upgrade their existing gear, craftable cabins are cheaper than pack-only cabins)
    4. It has to be popular (there is more chances that players already own it or can acquire it for more than one playstyle/purpose)
  2. Generator : necessary to get better DPS - PU-Charge, second choice Ampere
    1. The best build is the safest build : Sometimes the Ampere pops because of a raid leader like Mayhem throwing fire at you, also sometimes happen with fuzes and self-destroy-lancers. When it happen we lose most if not all our mobility, even force us to use a repair kit... Those times are now just bad memories, the PU-charge is very durable and his unlikely explosion will feel like a distant sneeze.
    2. Gasgen is a high PS ticking bomb, as soon as you mount it and a fly comes nearBOOM ! You get the idea. It's usually not that bad but we aim for perfection here !
  3. Hardware :
    1. Rare radiator R2-Chill for best DPS, best hardware.
    2. Cooler seem to be less efficient than a second radiator, see this post https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/clf907/cooler_vs_radiators/
    3. Ruby radar, we don't really need more. Rare radar at best. The Epic radar is too expensive, high PS, and at best you'll see Bots that you can't even reach with your MGs which is unnecessary.
    4. No Maxwell, no Doppler. bots are predictable and are always going to players, towers, trucks, generators... Using this kind of radar just for some single lost bots running the map from time to time is not worth it.
    5. No fuel tank but you know that, no engines (not necessary but you'll have some options to fit one), radio not really necessary
    6. We have a last energy point to use and a second radiator seems the best so far, but the player will have enough space in the build to put whatever he wants instead. The first radiator can be fused so that extra point is flexible which is very good and everybody will be able to use it however he wants (radiator, cooler, engine, detection radar... even removing a defender and put an Aurora or auto-cannon on top of another defender @psiberzerker ! :) ).
  4. Movement parts :
    1. Wheels, no need for anything fancier than that. The saved PS will go into durability. Some different options possibles, still need to figure out what's best :
      1. 6x Racing wheels, most popular wheels and good durability, cheap, 75 PS
      2. Balloon Tyres : best in every way than common medium wheels : tonnage, durability, power, weight,... low PS and price but not popular and low ground level, and the tonnage doesn't leave much room for changes.
      3. Or simply 8x common medium wheels, cheaper in price and PS, a bit of power lost but pretty fine otherwise, and the player can use them as-is or switch them later with whatever wheels he has.
      4. Special wheels are more expensive in coins and/or PS and not necessary

I'll have to wait for the wheel update before looking further the wheels options.

Edited by Charlie9204

11 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

1. We have a last energy point to use and a second radiator seems the best so far, but the player will have enough space in the build to put whatever he wants instead. The first radiator can be fused so that extra point is flexible which is very good and everybody will be able to use it however he wants (radiator, cooler, engine, detection radar... even removing a defender and put an Aurora or auto-cannon on top of another defender @psiberzerker ! :) ).

If you have it all planned out, and you end up with 1 extra Energy anyway.  Then you don't have to raise your Power Score with an Epic Cabin.  You can, but that makes this build less acessible for those who don't have 400+ coins to spend on that.

Flip them over.  They have limited depression, and less limited elevation.  Or, you can reverse these by flipping them over.

Good idea but the fire angle doesn't change, see screenshot below ;

521922106_screenshot-200406-001328(23255

The top defender is the upside down one, the middle one is put the usual way, the bottom one is the "witness" to show that I was aiming down as far as possible. We can see that both top defenders have the same firing angle (the top flipped one seems aiming even further but that's just the capture and the defender's accuracy it's shooting trajectory is parallel to the regular defender).

The exposed front of your Quantum is?  Again, raid bots shoot directly at your cabin.  Not what's on top of it.  So, while it's true that Defenders can soak damage, they don't, unless the enmy is shooting down on you.  (Does help with Impulse bruisers, but that's just one faction.)

The goal is that the bots shoot the cabin, but they sometimes miss and the reach the defenders, which is fine because durable enough for missing bullets. A bot shooting the cabin will remove the health of the entire vehicle, meaning 1800 HP. The unprotected cabin is a topic I will bring again later, but basically a bot shooting 100 hp at the cabin or at some 100 hp armor in front of the cabin will decrease the vehicle's hp of 100 hp either way, so it's best to use armor to protect weapons and gear and protect cabin with bumpers. 

However, if we put the defenders on front of the cabin they will be destroyed faster. Defenders only have 153 hp.

So it's better to put Defenders just on top of cabin and not on front of it.

Why not just put a good bumper in front of the cabin to protect it?

I did, look at the pictures.  See the Small Plow?  That's a pretty good (Low level) bumper.  Most bumpers have Damage Passthrough.  Which is not ideal for protecting your cabin.  That's why.

You also have a small plow but also the defenders. I meant to put the defenders somewhere else so they don't tank the damage, and protect the cabin with another bumper, or by repositioning the small plow.

Bumpers feature is melee damage reduction, not damage pass-through. Gun mount has damage pass-through, and frames have both.

Long range, and mid-range overlap.  That's your ideal range, where both of them are effective.  Again, it's handy to pick off priority targets (Like missile turrets) before you close in.  

I think it's situational but it works too. with the build the player will have the option to put 3 defenders and one auto-cannon if he prefers.

Perseus also has a +500 KG boost to Growl's Mass limit.  Just like Master Jack, but only for Growl.  He's also got lots of bonuses for Machineguns (And 1 for Auto-cannons.)

Perseus doesn't have Growl's extra mass limit, Bulldog has, and it's extra tonnage, meaning you will need less wheels, but mass limit stays 6000 Kg, so that doesn't help.

And I said, I don't use Perseus because I want players who doesn't have Perseus leveled up to be still able to use the build, so I test the build without it. The build has to be perfectly fine without Perseus, this co-pilot is optional. Of course if I play MGs in PvP I use Perseus, and if I play shotguns I'll use Bulldog or Misty, etc.

Quantum is explicitely specific to ENERGY WEAPONS.  What are you using?  Machineguns.  So, your argument is you won't use the Combat Laser, because it's "Specific to Machinegun playstyle" but you're using Quantum, which gives you 0 more damage, because more armor, and yet, you refuse to Defend your Cabin with DEFENDERS because...

Why exactly?  It's your build, but you're talking yourself in circles here.  Try it, playtest it.  You want me to buy Defenders, and show you the build with wheels, instead of Small Tracks?  I'll have to sell a Trigger to do it, but just say the word.

Either it's No EPICS, or it's not.  Quantum is an Epic.  Either follow your own arbitrary rules, or stop applying them to me, when I offer some other options.

I pick Quantum for the reasons I stated : cheap, popular, craftable, medium cabin, and it is adaptable with Omnibox too, with MGs perk although less popular. I posted some screenshots a day or two ago. Combat laser are epic hence expensive and high PS.

Defenders are a weapon, not bumpers. They are called like that because they defend the car by attacking the attacker or whatever...

We can afford an epic cabin because it's 400 c, we want 12 energy points and we can still stay below 6000 PS, in the other hand we can't get 3 triggers because it's 1000-1200 c and we would go over 6000 PS.

Don't sell your triggers.

51 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:
1 hour ago, Charlie9204 said:
    1. We have a last energy point to use and a second radiator seems the best so far, but the player will have enough space in the build to put whatever he wants instead. The first radiator can be fused so that extra point is flexible which is very good and everybody will be able to use it however he wants (radiator, cooler, engine, detection radar... even removing a defender and put an Aurora or auto-cannon on top of another defender @psiberzerker ! :) ).

If you have it all planned out, and you end up with 1 extra Energy anyway.  Then you don't have to raise your Power Score with an Epic Cabin.  You can, but that makes this build less acessible for those who don't have 400+ coins to spend on that.

I though about using Pilgrim, but I think it's actually good to leave an extra point free for the player to use. If we want to please a large majority of the players, it's not great to have fully rigid build, we have to leave some room for adaptation.

And that's fine to raise the Power Score as long as it doesn't go over 6000 PS.

Edited by Charlie9204
typos

38 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Bumpers feature is melee damage reduction, not damage pass-through. Gun mount has damage pass-through, and frames have both.

Some bumpers have both.  For example, the Offroad bumper.  Check the stat sheet, they're marked.

23 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Some bumpers have both.  For example, the Offroad bumper.  Check the stat sheet, they're marked.

The in-game parameter of the offroader bumper shows only melee damage reduction. The only bumper that have pass-through feature among the 14 different bumpers I have is shock absorber of Dawn's children, but that doesn't matter much on this topic.

Some extra test today with the free fuel :

First raid, the last convoy, death highway, hard lunatic : we had a Tusk chameleon build in the team, and we lost the Raid.

Second raid and 3rd raid,  data theft wrath of khan, hard, scavengers, went fine, nothing special, average score, screenshots below  

2088222399_screenshot-200406-042617(3553

1577260014_screenshot-200406-044357(2493

And I did a 4th Raid: frontier defence, rock city, hard, lunatic with a modified build : I replaced PU-charge by gasgen, and I stuffed the build with fused rare radiator, removed the second radiator, added  hot red, special chameleon, doppler, and moved a large fender to protect top of chameleon, see below : 

695729758_screenshot-200406-050015(40813

Raid went fine, although with a big score gap to me, but I was the lowest PS build : (I have a premium month going on, so 50% extra rep and resources just for information) Also note the "nerve of steel" patch indicating that I didn't die:

379170221_screenshot-200406-051225(14951

2060016342_screenshot-200406-051101(1495  

I'll keep testing that kind of beefed build but so far so good, showing for the moment that the build is fine, and a 7K+ PS build doesn't increase raid difficulty that much.

For @vryce , @psiberzerker and all players who want auto-cannons, aurora, engines, detection radars :

818801713_screenshot-200407-144111(37111

I replaced PU-Charge with gasgen below cab, removed a R2-Chill (you can use a single fused one to complensate a bit), removed one Defender and added Doppler, Hot Red, Storm (uses 4 energy like Aurora). There is room to fit all that, Doppler is attached to frame, engine to 3 walls and R2-chill, auto-cannon/aurora to a defender and a pass-through structure I added. All is well protected, and auto-cannon/ aurora is solded to 2 parts and is high enough to avoid missed bullets. You just have to remember you have the gasgen and watch your step.

I did Steel cradle - Chemical plant, hard, scavengers, I had to use my free repair because an executioner poped the gasgen, but otherwise fine 

1315663964_screenshot-200407-150612(1127

2023711030_screenshot-200407-150601(1127

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Texas_Heart said:

So anyway, I know that's a joke.  Just to prove how high the Power Score shoots up, when you try to incorporate EVERYTHING and leave a gap where a defender would be.  Now, a little useful advice:

2 buttons, 2 weapons.  Very little to be gained by having 3 different weapons on the same build, unless one is a drop/fire and forget, like Barrier IX.  You don't have to babysit that, it babysits you (Or the defensive target)  That can be set on [Shift] or [1] while you handle your 2 triggers.

Storm is a viable alternative to Defenders, or Sinus, but don't put 3 different guns on the same build.  They're not going to work together, perfectly.  Just FYI, ^that is pretty much a joke.

It's not a joke, I am serious. I spend a lot of time on this build, adjusting it and testing it, and I am explaining all my choices, and I am taking the few feedbacks I get seriousely.

Of course if you put a gasgen and an Aurora the PS goes up. Your melee-trigger you use for raid is 6990 PS. Personnaly I don't think it's the best, but if a player wants to have it this way, I try to make it happen. 

The 2 buttons for 2 weapons is very easy to change. I just sticked a storm and I jumped on a hard raid, and I finished it to show it's fine. It's very easy to change what weapon goes with which button, that's not an issue at all, but it's more like a individual preference and it takes 20 second to change it back and forth.

There is only 2 differents weapons on the example : Defenders and auto-cannons. But Vryce prefered Aurora (instead of auto-cannon), so it can also be Defenders and Aurora too.

1 hour ago, Texas_Heart said:

Storms, and Aurora work really well.  Might be worth a try.  Defenders are tougher, but that range is really nice when you need it.

I don't have Aurora, but I have 2 Storms and they have same energy comsuptions :

1301544161_screenshot-200407-180814(2691

I switched PU-charge for gasgen, removed one R2-Chill (2nd one can again be fused to compensate) and switched 2 Defenders for 2 Storms. The buggy floor is pass-through but the R2-chill is mainly behind the Defenders so it is not really exposed, and can be moved behind cabin anyway. I did War for fire - Old town, hard, Nomads, no issues, similar score to team, "Nerve of steal" Patch indicating no death.

491798033_screenshot-200407-181549(10406

1829521642_screenshot-200407-181555(1040

• Upvote 1

How do I test my builds

• First of all, I am a free to play player, except 2 premium months (one running right now) that I took to boost a bit PvP and PvE rewards, and support the game. Keep that in mind the 50% extra rep and ressources when looking at my raid scoreboard screenshots.
  • To test, I don't use relevants co-pilots so the build isn't affected by bonus that other players might not have.
  • I have now a fused Quantum thanks to a temporary special event, but I make sure this upgrading doesn't affect the tests, since other players might not have it or not the same bonuses.
    • My quantum's bonuses are now 10% durability, 10% Weight limit, -20% self destruction delay. I don't use the extra mass limit bonus but keep in mind the durability bonus when looking at screeshots.
  • If a part/armor fail too early, I try to replace it with better parts or to armor it more, and I run a hard raid to test.
  • If some part rarely or never fail before the cabin, I try to replace it with parts lighter in weight or PS, and I test it.

Here are some tests with today's free fuel :

image.thumb.png.ea3c96279dc00e647d5026a1

first raid :

added: gasgen, doppler, keen radar, hardcore, omnibox, equalizer, cooler

removed: PU-charge, quantum, 1 defender, ruby radar, 1 R2-chill

1859434065_screenshot-200408-033352(2513

1787876354_screenshot-200408-034439(2184

927572537_screenshot-200408-034443(21845

gasgen popped, -1 free repair kit. also equalizer + MG don't synergize well because miniguns need a delay before firing. not optimal but the equalizer didn't get destroyed.

2nd raid, same vehicle, gasgen also popped, by retcher... free repair used, pic below :

582985616_screenshot-200408-035816(29251

458402902_screenshot-200408-035829(29251

3rd raid

removed equalizer,1 defender,  added 2 sinus, compared to previous setup, see attached 

gasgen popped by Mayhem's phoenix, and  sinus shredded by shotguns. better play safe against lunatic : PU-Charge and defenders. Note that sinus were on top of defenders but still got destroyed while not defenders, not even sparkling.    

So based on those test I'd say that gasgen is very risky on this build. But gasgen is always a "all or nothing" gamble on plenty of builds. PU-Charge has no cons even the mass is not a problem on a epic medium cabin.

screenshot-200408-041222(266 31 53).jpg

screenshot-200408-041226(266 31 53).jpg

FAQ : (this post will be edited to be completed when necessary)

You should use the remaining PS to reach 5999 PS: I prefer to leave some room for players wheels changes for example.

The build's PS is a bit more than 6000 PS : remove the decors (painted on beige sandstorm paints, on surface) and the PS will be below 6K PS

The radio is optional you can remove it it's true, but it doesn't cost much to let it and I prefer let that choice to the player 

Why is the build's name "Raid E16S6" : Engineer level 16 Scavenger level 6, and "raid" is for exhibition searches

You said Engineer level 16 but the part limit is more like level 19 or 22 not when decors are removed

This build is expensive for an early player : The "Raid Soldier v2" on exhibition is the "best hard raid build" I could make with a rare cabin with the same criteara described on this topic (popular items, low level basic faction, under 6000 PS, +1000 HP, 4x elevated MGs (Sinus-0)...). Then when possible the "Raid E16S6" can be used.

Your weapons are not elevated they'll get destroyed: Defenders are 2x more resistant than Vectors and half more than Sinus-0. They don't get destroyed even directly on top of cabin.

Are you "MVP" often with this build ? I score 1500 points with my double Cyclone build: I don't get mvp ("Champion" patch in raids) often but get similar and tight scores than the rest of the team.

Edited by Charlie9204
adding Q&A

"Raid Soldier v2" Growl - Quad Sinus hard raid build on exhibition

As I mentioned at several occasions here and there on the forum, I made a great hard raid build with a rare cabin, with similar critearia as Raid E16S6 (4x MGs, 1000+ HP, under 6000 PS, cheap (320 c - 600 c depending on rare or special MGs) and with basic faction parts). Working with a rare cabin is difficult because there is a fine PS/HP/mass balance to respect in order to make the best build (in health,DPS, accessibilty) possible while keeping the 4th Sinus.

76875647_screenshot-200408-152918(408114

Same as the quantum/omnibox build, I spent quite some time building it, testing, and improving it so all feedback is welcomed.

The similar builds on exhibition either have advanced faction parts, less than 1000 hp, need some expensive items like hot red epic engine, or Masterjack / Bulldog co-copilot, only 3 Sinus or no radiators, more than 6K PS, or doesn't have elevated weapons, or the structure is too weak (up-side down staircase structure, that is also not compatible with some weapons changes for challenges f.e.) etc.

Reddit links for reference (from most recent to older)

Rate my (raid) build ! - Amazing offer ! https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/fh6kfv/rate_my_raid_build_amazing_offer/

Efficient budget raid build for the Crossout community (part 2) https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/fb35kg/efficient_budget_raid_build_for_the_crossout/

Efficient budget raid build for the Crossout community https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/f5do9p/efficient_budget_raid_build_for_the_crossout/

Edited by Charlie9204
adjusting capture

18 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

"Raid Soldier v2" Growl - Quad Sinus hard raid build on exhibition

I spent quite some time building it, testing, and improving it so all feedback is welcomed.

I'd like to see it better.  Thanks for the parts list, love what you did with the Avia Double Slopes up front.

DDE00298DEF2E6832C8D54FD2C5FE5E01341B2B4

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

To Switch cabins between Omnibox and Quantum

To adapt the build with an quantum cabin : remove Omnibox and defenders, add quantum , add defenders, and adjust side van doors. See capture :

1686870240_screenshot-200408-225324(3871

To reverse it, move defenders van doors and cabin like below :

132383145_screenshot-200408-224750(37611

Edited by Charlie9204
  • Like 1

Today I met a cool defender build doing completing some weekly challenges doing a normal raid ! A great russian guy used the build below and accepted me to publish it here anonymously, so here it goes ! :

1273147202_screenshot-200410-190224(2741

This build has around 1200 HP, Icebox PU-charge, fused R2-Chill, 4x defenders, 6x common mediums wheels with CK, and Steppenwolfs parts almost exclusively. Isn't this truck good-looking ? I really love it !

1371994738_Annotation2020-04-10191939.jp

I don't have all the parts so I can't upload the build myself to respect his anonymity, but I'm happy to share you the bluprint capture with you guys if you want to build it yourself

2054628155_Annotation2020-04-10191443.th

If you also have some cool raid Defender builds, don't hesitate to share some here !

• Like 2

Always wanted an Icebox to use with Defenders/Protectors.

• Upvote 1

I made a simple 5 Sinus-0 Build just below 7k today, works quite well at least for medium raids, didn't try hard ones yet, but since I have no Exhibition Slots left, here's a picture:

581465744_screenshot-200410-201903(40611

Just don't forget to switch Omnibox for battle to benefit from the cooling effect.

Have fun

• Like 1

I made this:

8C439166C399E64F8694D2F4059D7DF166CF7A0C

Mostly for a change of Pace.  It's slow, even in wheel mode.  I'm gonna try it with Omnibox just for comparison (Also even higher vantage point)  However, it straffes at 45 KPH, because of the Steppe Spider.  (Wolf Spider in Exhibition, once I finalize the design.)

The guns are pretty much Optional.  I like Storms for range, accuracy (With double taps) they take a long time to over-heat, and have a small, but effective blast radius.  Sinus, or Defenders should work just as well, but Bigrams mean not having to build a Tower.  You're already up there, and the modal switch is really nice.

It's just hard to get used to driving 67 KPH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GHad_ said:

I made a simple 5 Sinus-0 Build just below 7k today

Pretty nice build !

I would just recommend maybe to use a rare radiator instead of a 5th Sinus, you will benefit more.

Bigrams mean not having to build a Tower

You have a good build here  I like this autocannon bigram combo even if I don't have those movement parts yet. A TS-1 Horizon is just what you need to complete the sniper gear !

About the bigrams making up for the tower, I'd say not entirely. Yes the guns are elevated, but so is the cabin which is the AI's target. If you lose some guns from time to time don't hesitate to put the guns behind the cabin (to protect them and to use the distance perk a bit more) and a bit more elevated, rather than just in front of it.

7 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

I like this autocannon bigram combo even if I don't have those movement parts yet. A TS-1 Horizon is just what you need to complete the sniper gear !

Not worth the Generator.  3xStorms=12 Energy.

About the bigrams making up for the tower, I'd say not entirely.  Yes the guns are elevated, but so is the cabin which is the AI's target. If you lose some guns from time to time don't hesitate to put the guns behind the cabin (to protect them and to use the distance perk a bit more) and a bit more elevated, rather than just in front of it.

There's advantages, and disadvantages, of course.  I don't lose guns, all that much, the spaced armor around them did the trick.  Yeah it happened in Missions, but not in Raids.  The bumper seemed to be doing the trick, and I managed to degun the Impulse Bruiser (The worst one for degunning) in the Normal/Hard raids I tested it on.

However, Tower isn't really my style.  

A8D2B6966CAF21CC2B7E162CBD26C56CAB7E91C1

^this is.  Basically, a sniper that carries a Kbar.  Yes, the plan is to kill them before they get within bayonette distance, but you don't have to look for a knife fight.  They'll bring it to you, so carry a knife.  

Edited by psiberzerker