DubNorth

Is it worth coming back?

I haven't touched this game in almost two years, but am considering having another go based on your feedback:

-Is cross-platform play a thing? If so, how is it playing against mouse & keyboarders?

-How's the playerbase?

-How's the market? Are my coins still effectively worthless? Is real money just as worthless?

-Are the metas still mostly drone & melee-based?

-Are machine guns still painfully under-powered?

Feel free to throw in any other useful information: new maps, major mechanical/rules/gamemode changes, etc. Your input is appreciated.

41 minutes ago, DubNorth said:

-Are the metas still mostly drone & melee-based?

There is no meta yet.  We just got a drastic rework to Cannons, and Drones, so no.  As for the rest of your questions, I'll leave them to the other Console users.

Oh yeah.  Machineguns are still pretty under-powered.  I don't think they've done much of anything about that over the last couple years, but since then, other weapons (Looking at Energy) have power crept.

As for the main question:  "Is it worth coming back?"  Only you can answer that.  Come back, burn a few hours, and see if it's worth it to you...

Edited by psiberzerker

Everything’s prices are half what they used to be ..there will never be cross platform ever on any other platform with this game ever..I came back and I am loving the game again .. tons of new weapons lots of new combinations and now drones are not as annoying.. just same old money grubbing grind with pvp fun

I’ve been back for about 6 months and with the drone nerf I’m having an absolute blast. It was really bad a couple of weeks ago but now we are seeing other builds all over the place it’s fantastic. 

it might be a placebo effect with the needing of drones but I feel like the development is heading on the right direction.

I recently started playing Crossout regularly again. I'm returning back to XBOX and just started a PC account. There's still 5,000,000 drones in most battles, but it's more manageable now.

The market is still a mess on XBOX. The market is way cheaper than before sure, but it's still not ideal for wallet warriors. It's also not as easy to make coins for F2P as the margins are much tighter now. The PC market is a wallet warriors wet dream. I got the new pack for something like $65? and parted it out on the market. I can put together any build/'s I want outside of a Relic build.

I personally like machine guns and fair well them across all power scores and activities outside of Clan Battles. I also use a very low sensitivity and extended aiming stick so I can be very accurate with them. I wouldn't count on them for competitive gameplay, but they're still fun to use.

About 20mill players on all platforms.  Xbox is lowish compared the others it seems. Deff worth playing.  Come try out the dronpocalypse mode that came with the drone nerf.