TennesseeStud

Perks for Relics

Why do relics have non existent or inferior "perks" when compared to other weapon rarities?
I mean really when you think about it>>>

Scorpions don't have a perk, they're a rail gun. Penetrating armor is basically an attribute or general characteristic of that weapon type, rather than a perk.
Typhoon, ok the new perk isn't the worst, but is it really even that great? The old stun lock perk was overpowered yes, but honestly fitting for a relic. The problem was other relic perks weren't on par.
Punisher- Between the breaker perk and punisher perk I don't know which is worse. This gun has a perk that is more on par for an epic. Making it have a damage resistant perk much like the tackler would even be better.
Breaker- shameful perk. The only reason this weapon sees play is, it's the highest damage weapon of its class. Double damage on the last shot... Really? That's certainly no relic worthy. 
Firebug- Yes it heats up parts faster than it's predecessor. Is that as special perk? To add insult, this weapon basically requires you to use one specific cab to remain relevant. The perk for the blight cab should have been applied to the firebug make it relic worthy. 
Porcupine- yes superb DPS, a death sentence if you are kapkanned, but what's the perk? Its a flame mine that has high explosive damage and will heat you up if you stay on it? Again isn't this just a characteristic of the weapon?
Relic weapons need a second look. Of course i encourage the devs to be careful not to throw off balance with any changes, but for the price they cost the weapons should be have unique that are at least equivalent to the legendary tier.

• Upvote 1

:secret:The devs would unintentionally make them worse while attempting to make them better. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Yea, I wish the typhoon kept weapons from firing with the same stack mechanics as the stun.

They removed the punishers perk.  The impact sound no longer instills fear in its enemies.  Fear perk nerf.  Sad panda. 

(yes I know of it's Aaaactual perk)