10 hours ago, bkgmjo said:

So all in all it's the same old issue, hovers having a highly unbalanced advantage without adequate tradeoff. Know how those Founder legs increase crosshair speed? How about hovers giving a fixed reduction in accuracy? 50% for <5 Icarus, 40% for >4 should do, possibly a bit more (remember there are copilot, cabin and upgrades to counter the effect). Would also be kinda logical. Pretty shaky to be balancing on turbines.

Most weapons used on hovers already have max accuracy, a 50% accuracy reduction on Helios or pulsar changes literally nothing 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Clebardman said:

They should just increase every weapon's spread on the move, considering hovers are almost never considere static by the game. Problem solved, easy.

Would hurt all other vehicles more than hovers. Problem stays.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bkgmjo said:

How so? There's a reason why turreted cannons when they had massive spread on the move where one of the only ranged weapon not played on hovers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Clebardman said:

How so? There's a reason why turreted cannons when they had massive spread on the move where one of the only ranged weapon not played on hovers.

Increase the spread of wasp/crickets while driving to encourage standing still before firing? Meh. Have shotguns, MGs, Fast MGs and ACs get increased spread on the move? Also meh. Might be okay for Exes, but those have been killed recently anyways. Thing is, other vehicles need to turn, drive around things, get on the right slope to not block their own guns, get on an elevated position to fire, all stuff hovers don't need to do. All movement that would reduce their accuracy more than it would do it on hovers.

See what I suggest is what would make me play hovers, not an "I want them doomed" method. Currently the only hover I play is Incinerator in raids/Invasion, as for PVP those things are just unbalanced lamer stuff, just like Porcs, Lances and so on. I would like to use them there, but not when it means IDDQD + IDKFA.

Yeah hovers are not the only builds that need to shoot while moving

And as I said most weapons used on hovers have max accuracy

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Clebardman said:

Mammoths were barely played in general, and they were actually more common o n hovers than not as far as I know

15 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Most weapons used on hovers already have max accuracy, a 50% accuracy reduction on Helios or pulsar changes literally nothing 

Correction: All weapons MEANT to be used on hovers are fully stabilized as their dawn children designers knew they would need it.

Helios and Pulsar hovers are in principle the things that should work fine... that the faction weapons made for hovers.

The issue is that a lot of weapons that where not meant for hovers can be used to the greatest effect on hovers, making all other movement options obsolete.

Scorpion hover should not exist.

Cannon hover should not exist.... not with anything resembling accuracy and casually ignoring recoil.

15 hours ago, bkgmjo said:

When scorpion was inaccurate on the move, its popularity on hovers fell drastically. The moment they gave it backs its accuracy on the move, it was immediatly back in full force. Hovers take a long time to come to a complete stop and as a result are ill suited for weapons that have significant accuracy penalities on the move.

The lack of any accuracy penality for a vehicle that wobbles and drifts almost all the times is one of the reasons that makes hovers so ludicrous broken op. Not only are they best at peek a boo... but they can do this with the highest average accuracy, the best offroad capability and to an extent, the best armor scheme.

I suggested in the past that simple mounting weapons on hovers should incur a 50 % accuracy penality unless completely stationary.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Right now there is no other weapon in the game that is as broken as the assembler.
I hope the developers do something, it is quite unfair to enter a game and that an assembler destroys any part where it shoots you and the most important thing is that I can do it from the other end of any map without losing precision and without being damaged

Edited by _Deathtouch_

2 minutes ago, _Deathtouch_ said:

Right now there is no other weapon in the game that is as broken as the assembler.

...Porcupine.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

...Porcupine.

Porcupine isn't brokwn, there are many ways to counter it 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

...Porcupine.

If that's another broken gun, but with it you have to get close, with the assembler you just have to shoot from from the other end of any map without losing precision and without being damaged

1 minute ago, _Deathtouch_ said:

If that's another broken gun, but with it you have to get close, with the assembler you just have to shoot from from the other end of any map without losing precision and without being damaged

It's a Minelayer.  Part of the way it's broken is it's a Minelayer you can use as a Grenade Launcher.  You can also just spam them, and camp, without exposing yourself, and wait for the enemy to set them off.

Yeah, it's arguably the most broken weapon in the game, but it's not a gun.  

3 minutes ago, _Deathtouch_ said:

You realize it has a ridiculously low DPS since the nerf? What do you expect? It shooting like an autocannon with a 5s recharge time?

Try driving and dodging shots I dunno >.> I haven't had a problem with Assemblers since the nerf, their damage has been seriously lowered already so all the Scorp owners could stop whining.

1 minute ago, Clebardman said:

You realize it has a ridiculously low DPS since the nerf? What do you expect? It shooting like an autocannon with a 5s recharge time?

Try driving and dodging shots I dunno >.> I haven't had a problem with Assemblers since the nerf, their damage has been seriously lowered already so all the Scorp owners could stop whining.

Assemblers still do more burst damage than scorp and still out dps scorp

5 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Assemblers still do more burst damage than scorp and still out dps scorp

Only if you don't know how to use your Scorps and their perk. I'm not even surprised you're amongst the people who bring that up tho.

If what you want to do is snipe weapons, I have a scoop for you, you should switch to Assemblers because Scorp's perk is totally useless at it, unless we're talking boxed weaps.

16 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Only if you don't know how to use your Scorps and their perk. I'm not even surprised you're amongst the people who bring that up tho.

If what you want to do is snipe weapons, I have a scoop for you, you should switch to Assemblers because Scorp's perk is totally useless at it, unless we're talking boxed weaps.

Scorps aren't always good at popping modules because they get cucked by spaced armor

32 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

I suppose reasoning with you is not going to do any good, since they are probably one of your favorite weapons, which for some strange reason is used a lot now and that is because it is very broken.
if they are not assembler nerf, apply an ammunition limit.

Edited by _Deathtouch_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, _Deathtouch_ said:

+1.  The overheat thing isn't enough of a downside.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, _Deathtouch_ said:

I suppose reasoning with you is not going to do any good, since they are probably one of your favorite weapons, which for some strange reason is used a lot now and that is because it is very broken.

lmao I was totally in for the first nerf, wich was absolutely massive. Now if you wanna reason, lets take your first post:

"an assembler destroys any part where it shoots you and the most important thing is that I can do it from the other end of any map without losing precision and without being damaged"

You're exposing yourself from the other side of the map to one of the longest range weapon in the game. A weapons wich has bleh DPS and tons of downsides if you close the gap. Wich barely deals more single target damage than Scorps with no penetration perk or blast radius whatsoever, and many downsides wich make it trickier to use. What do you expect? Do you think it should be a useless piece of crap that barely scratches your train plow while you drive towards it in the open?

Do you complain that melees beat you when you ram them from the front? Because that's how you sound when your complain that Assemblers wreck you from the other side of the map >.>

4 hours ago, Clebardman said:

lmao I was totally in for the first nerf, wich was absolutely massive. Now if you wanna reason, lets take your first post:

"an assembler destroys any part where it shoots you and the most important thing is that I can do it from the other end of any map without losing precision and without being damaged"

You're exposing yourself from the other side of the map to one of the longest range weapon in the game. A weapons wich has bleh DPS and tons of downsides if you close the gap. Wich barely deals more single target damage than Scorps with no penetration perk or blast radius whatsoever, and many downsides wich make it trickier to use. What do you expect? Do you think it should be a useless piece of crap that barely scratches your train plow while you drive towards it in the open?

Do you complain that melees beat you when you ram them from the front? Because that's how you sound when your complain that Assemblers wreck you from the other side of the map >.>

This shows me that trying to reason with you is not worth it.
Melee vehicles are at least getting closer, not like the cowardly assemblers covered from the other side of the map.

Edited by _Deathtouch_

Assemblers on hover is just boring gameplay.

Its boring to play against campers that kite you to their base.
Its boring to play with campers that dont go in on the brawls with the rest of the team.

And its just way too easy to hit. Its almost hitscan at all ranges on most maps and all juicy parts dont have energy weapon resistance. You can absolutely bully other builds with ease when using hovers, easier than scorp in some situations even.

Maybe change the shot to a short hitscan channel like triggers to make it bit harder to use.

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2020 at 12:55 PM, AFluffyBadger said:

The Assemblers just show how broken overpowered glass cannon hovers are. They are the epitome of a clumsy high skill weapon, and hovers make them as ergonomic to use as a machinegun. Even with a scoped Assembler build, it is so unbelievably hard to score a hit on such a narrow target that dodges back and forth at instant top speed. You can't even dodge that fast in first person shooters, you have reduced strafing speed and character inertia. Its just as hard to hit them at close range because they cover more screen space and your guns cannot rotate fast enough to aim at them unless they turn 360 instantly. At long range your projectiles can't hit them fast enough to compensate for the delay in human reflex.

The dragonfly hovers need to die in order for the game to have clumsy high skill ranged weapons that are viable on anything not using hovers. Even if my meatgrinders had perfect suspension and their movement bugs were fixed, they still would not compete with dragonfly hovers. (Dragonfly hovers, 4 wings/4 hovers, impossible to swat out of the air when dodging and not flying in a straight line) 

image.thumb.png.9f02e0cf8ec8c7f68195f410

Search criteria is Assembler > New

Another thing I've just found out, with my dual Meatgrinder Colossus build, there is a half a second transmission (imagine changing the gearing takes half a second) latency when changing direction. Legs have this same half a second latency. Hovers have ZERO latency, they instantly start accelerating in the opposite direction. You can tell because the engine sound starts playing when you start accelerating. 

You can actually negate the delay on leg builds. I've used a leg build for maybe 30 total hours across 2 years of playing, and I knew that 1 hour in.

People aren't in tune with their own senses. As soon as I noticed one time where I went from moving East to moving West without that huge delay, I knew it was possible. After 5 minutes of playing around with it, I had it down to a science. 

And yet people who have mained these builds for literal years have no clue. If only you could copy paste intelligence, like you can meta builds -__-