I totally forgot about assemblers. They were tricky to use, but rewarding and versatile. The nerf made them less rewarding, so I sold the one a crafted and scrapped the one I got from the battlepass.

I’m sure they are effective at high PS on hovers on certain maps, but they are barely a threat now outside of that context. 

I have now one fused assember and two non-fused, the latter waiting for next fuse sale event. I got the third one after latest nerf, most of the ones I've had I've crafted, but that last one was cheaper to buy. If they would be slightly cheaper I probabbly should buy more, because eventually people will realize they are still quite good.

I would expect this latest nerf was the last one. But honesty they are still performing very well. While they are great at sniping, I usually try to get midrange. Their best ability is still their flexibility.

Assemblers are in the weird spot (shared by old Crickets/ Scorp) that makes them awfully overwhelming and overpowered when used on pair with the sideway cancer, while being less than useless if used on anything but hovers. 

I agree, the nerf made them less appealing for hover users (less appealing =/= useless, they are still a nightmare to fight against) while completely killing the weapon on wheels and other ground-based movement parts. They are still one of the top choices if going sideways, but they aren't at least THE choice. 

And yes, the problem is the synergy that peekaboo weapons have with sideway hovers, not the weapons themselves, and the devs can address that synergy problem adjusting the hovers (is what they should have been doing) or adjusting the weapons (is what they have been doing with poor results). Adjusting weapons based on the performance they have when mounted on those dragonflies usually leaves with those dragonflies looking for their next weapon of choice, and a weapon that's practically useless if used with anything but hovers. 

So, regarding your post: Yes, they should be buffed, once the hovers are adjusted. Not before, to prevent a nightmare. 

I don’t understand why hovers shouldn’t be best for peekaboo. Isn’t that the whole point of them?

I’m not into that myself, but let it be an option for the people that are into it. It’s only a problem if you try to play the same way without hovers.

2 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I don’t understand why hovers shouldn’t be best for peekaboo. Isn’t that the whole point of them?

I guess it depends on who you ask.  If I get a jet-car, I want to go fast.  Not camp 1 spot (With the best mobility in the game) and peek out only when my reload is up.

I think that Tank Tracks should be the best with cannons.  Isn't that the whole point of them?

16 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I guess it depends on who you ask.  If I get a jet-car, I want to go fast.  Not camp 1 spot (With the best mobility in the game) and peek out only when my reload is up.

I think that Tank Tracks should be the best with cannons.  Isn't that the whole point of them?

Both those things are kind of true at lower PS

8 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

Both those things are kind of true at lower PS

I didn't say that Tank Tracks should be the best with cannons at Low Power score.  I said they should be the best with Cannons, that's kind of the point of Tank Tracks.

I don't look at hovers and think, you know what?  That looks like a great stable platform for shooting cannons, camped on a hill.

I said that hovers should go fast, that's kinda the point of a jet car.  At any power score.

Like anything they are dangerous in a competent players hands but cannons are by far easier to use and get the Alfa damage up. 

Ive been trying out a double assembler and find it ok but not great. Never played them before the nerf though. 

I get the most fun out of them in easy raids for now.