Sign in to follow this  
JLo007

Trigger Crosshairs are Squirrelly

Unfortunately, XBox has been having issue with uploading to One Drive for the past couple of days and I cannot get you a screenshot or video of this issue, even though I have over a dozen of them.  This is not a difficult to replicate issue.  Just strap on at least 2 Triggers and run around and try to shoot something.  The crosshairs will lineup... eventually.  But often I have 1 or 2 that go rogue, shooting in a different direction than where I am aiming.  I even have a video clip of me trying to shoot another player 20 meters directly in front of me and I couldn't even target him despite both of us sitting still for 3-4 seconds!

I run a 4-Tackler build and never see this problem.  It is definitely something associated with the Triggers, making them frustrating to play with.

1 hour ago, JLo007 said:

Unfortunately, XBox has been having issue with uploading to One Drive for the past couple of days and I cannot get you a screenshot or video of this issue, even though I have over a dozen of them.  This is not a difficult to replicate issue.  Just strap on at least 2 Triggers and run around and try to shoot something.  The crosshairs will lineup... eventually.  But often I have 1 or 2 that go rogue, shooting in a different direction than where I am aiming.  I even have a video clip of me trying to shoot another player 20 meters directly in front of me and I couldn't even target him despite both of us sitting still for 3-4 seconds!

I run a 4-Tackler build and never see this problem.  It is definitely something associated with the Triggers, making them frustrating to play with.

sounds to me that one trigger might be upgraded and other isn't, so one turns faster than other.

or it could be that certain part is blocking one trigger, so one can't shoot where other can.

Try testing this with a pure cabin build, just cabin on wheels and put a big block on roof and mount 2 triggers, i bet it won't do that then. I've had this with other weapons, but I always test them in test drive to make sure nothing is blocking the rotation of guns.

The power pack (Or whatever that pad is) on the back, right side can clip on anything behind it, and on the right.  You want it to be clear there, or at least use parts that slope out around them.  

as stated above, you probably have an issue with the build. Either you have something blocks the front of the gun, something catches on the back of it or the guns are catching on your other triggers

Spoiler

- A detailed description of the issue you have. Please describe how we can reproduce the issue.
- An attached video and/or screenshots.
- Report must contain full version number of the game to which it is related.

the only thing needed is the version number, and you can find that on the login screen.

Thank you for the replies!  I really appreciate it.

I tried Sethioz's suggestions.  I used 2 unfuzed Triggers on top of two gun mounts with nothing to interfere with their ability to turn.  I was still getting the same results.

OneDrive I finally got working, so here are the videos.  This is on the following version: 0.11.32.138709.  To reproduce this issue, just drive around and try to shoot at things.  It is easier to feel the effects of this issue during the heat of the battle as opposed to driving around in your garage.

In this video, I cannot target the players as the crosshairs are aiming wherever they want.  You can even see me making adjustments trying to get the crosshairs up when the camera pans up, yet the crosshairs remain pointed down.

In this next video (same build as the previous one) you can see how squirrelly the reticles are as I'm just driving around.  What is most comical is the very first shot I take, notice what one of the guns randomly decides to do.  This is what I mean by "squirrelly."  This is very common.  Again, towards the end you can see me frustratingly trying to aim at someone 20 meters in front of me and unable to target them.  Nothing is blocking me and there is no reason for me not to have all 3 guns firing at the same spot.

Those pieces on either side don't slope outward steeply enough.  Try replacing them with APC slopes.  (I forget what they're called.  Steppinwolf faction, 2x4x1 slopes, outward.)  The little boxes on the back of the right side clip against them, at certain angles.

You are at a 3rd person view.   Anytime a weapon can NOT reach to where you aim at. ie the limit of a weapon can point to physically.

Looking at you build, the guns mounted on a large flat based. The guns are blocked by the mounts.

If you build a tower and mount your guns upside-down, as players do in raids. You should have no issues of shooting down.

If you want to aim down with out change much. Mount your weapons to the front edge of the flat mount. You should be able to shoot down. The risk to be de-gun would also higher.

good, more information there is, the faster it is to pin the bug for squishing. 
bug report is ready to move forward.

Sign in to follow this