Sign in to follow this  
Discos211

Tilted Artillery (Showcase)

All right, there's basically 2 rules:

It has to be Tilted Artillery (At this point, that's Mandrake, or Incinerator, but it can be one, the other, or both.  It doesn't have to be 2 of them.) and here's the tricky part.  It has to look good.  I know, that's purely subjective, but honestly, a hybrid sideways hover/Mecha Leg with 1 Meat Grinder on the side (or "Front") doesn't even look like a Car.  Or anything really, so much as a pile of scrap trying desperately not to topple over.

I know you guys can do better than This:

B5E29E4CEAECD2C193E1665E4401D64D14E478C6

I don't even have any better paint than Heart Warming, and one sticker.  So, let's stop trying to prove who's the bigger whiner, Hovertarts, or Hovernerfers, and build some nice looking cars...

DC460790528281D799ED287CE1CEDD091032BABE

93FEF5F98F310EA495D2F5AB0A975B81020B5507

^"Back Burner" on (PC) Exhibition, if anybody want to take it for a spin...

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Side Burner:

E214D87B48D07C5154779C2E70D332AE434BADF8

Just have to say this explicitly.  It's a Raid build, for PvE.  Not a PvP Clan Wars build.  I already know that a good player will systematically dismantle it, because I don't have enough Damage potential with the Whirlwind.  It's basically just there to pick off Anaconda turrets at a distance, and mines up close (Really good gun depression) while the fire puddles do most of the heavy lifting.  

That being said, it is pretty dang Tanky for a Harpy.  Perfectly at home on Wrath of Khan, where there's plenty of rolling hills to adjust your angle of fire, and wide open spaces to cover with range.  (Also, the spawns tend to pile up, coming around lanes, though it's usually 2 lanes to cover.)

Admittedly Fire Storms was more effective when they inevitably got close, however this combo allows for a better Engine (1 less Energy, without a generator) so there's that.

• Confused 1

Well, this works:

06F36783F4ED64DF04C0F514FA0C357DD3A720B8

25CEC3E2730F08C19FE22CCB349FDF50647338E1

Still don't know how this scoring system works, but 3 kills, and 2 assists, with a Support build ain't bad.  Also, Sector EX.  The worst map for Mandrakes, but the low ceilings don't really hamper the poor-man's 'Drake.  (At least with a good body tilt.  ;)

22F326500E849138B52FE1CD6AA03CFCF66E689A

Yes, that was my best effort, but there's a bit of a learning curve.  Looks like I'm getting the hang of it!

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1

I called this one doppelGewehr:

636E201BF8EB2FDBACD9441B382C4F38C55604FF

It's asymmetric, but balanced left/right, so it turns the same both ways.

Also note:  Bigfoot has too much traction to Strafe in Leg Mode.  However, the combination between Incinerator, Harpy, and Autocannons is really good for Raids. 

NOT A PVP BUILD.  Just in case that wasn't obvious.

• Confused 1

Update:

F2ACC27E8452231BA683F68AD88BE6259ADF785BThis seems to be a pretty good mix of Hardware, specifically for Tilted Incinerator.  You have to identify Targets Over the Horizon, but what I really like is the fact that the targeting mode raises your Camera Angle, to look over low cover, while you pick a spot for your Fire Puddles.  

You can't see the Hot Red behind it, and the Seal is for Miniguns (Not Reaper) 

A Colossus would be nice, but I had to sell the Gasgen to buy the Radar Detector...  That would be 1 more point of Energy though, but this basically ilustrates the Build Strategy (With any Generator)  The Seal, Ammo Pack, and Generator are all attached to the Engine, so when I lose it, they fall off, before they explode.  (Typically, I get rear-ended by a Wedge, or other Melee build.)  Instead of having to map a button for the Rift, it all comes off as one piece.  The Doppler face isn't welded to the front of the Ampere, at all.  Even though they're touching, there's no weld points between them.  There's enough Energy for all 3 Guns, the extra (Generator) is just for the Hardware, which is put on last, so they cut out when I lose it.  Also, the Generator is extremely well protected, between the hips of the Bigrams, where there's no weld-points.  

I'd really like to see other people's Tilted Mandrake, and Incinerator builds here, since the Bigram/Bigfoot Incinerator layout is becoming pretty Meta around Epic level.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1

Still working on the latest incarnation of Back Burner:

BED8C35156F309AA9B61CD052105E85FB217CA40

Mostly stuff underneath, like where to pack in more weight, Armor, the Ammo Pack...  Doesn't change the looks any.  Also testing out a new rear grill (Hatchets) for wedge defense.  That's my most vulnerable side, and they know it!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

B9EDAB8A002253E2BAC48BA3EF62FC13EFE513F3

I still need to buy my Hot Red back, so it's getting more Armor, but so far, it looks:

Spoiler

189028F044D2C8B1CD8905C402F378C5BE443CD3

Takes a little getting used to...

982047AA8CCC8453083B03CC9313FEFE881049BA

E95AEA2F9C98F772160CD9FF36E7572808FBE4A9

EE74B384A9CC5E727EEE8F07B943BFCB90575DA4

Promising?  I really like getting up to 133 in reverse, but the ammo supply is limited.  LOL, I got killed ironically enough by a Porcupine Goliath, because I burned up all my dakka shooting the barreld, then he popped my Ammo Pack with 5 Porcs at once!  

GG, WP.  I'm working on it, but I love this combo!

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1

In answer to the question:  "What is it good for?"

269EC644FC5BF2330D0C0AA74C502A55A2906029

I'm gonna say Armor.

Well, I just checked my Offers to see what hadn't sold yet:

5AC4ED4857A5C1E212DD16B87223195A41BC78C7

Playing around with it Get the Batteries!  Peekaboom isn't really my style, but it's kinda fun?

Not intended as a serious, top tier clan wars leet meta build.  Okay?

Firetrack:

42F2967B583E2388D906EB05827DE3DDC5EF612B

On Exhibition.

Spoiler

Now, before you guys start picking numbers to tell me what's wrong with it, I know.  I built it.  All that armor up front helps with the handling, so when that gets blowed off, it gets progressively squirrelier until it's undrivable.  (As it leaves the garage, it ain't half bad.)  Likewise, the stack of Narrow Wings on the side are counter-balance for the Incinerator on the other.  Until they get blowed off in 1 shot, and it gets squirrely-to-undriveable.  

I'm experimenting, not recommending this for Clan Wars.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:43 PM, psiberzerker said:

"Back Burner"

Looks like Flash (ahhaahh...) Gordon's Service resolver in that top pic. Too cool. I see a cat's face in the head shot. Overall it looks like a blast.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:58 AM, psiberzerker said:

a good player will systematically dismantle it

Bah, a good player can kill with anything, I think. ..well, in PVP. I've harassed the community pretty successfully in some wonky shizz, myself. I've seen other people do it too. I could rip it up in something like that, I'm sure. I like it. I'm wishing I would have kept my Bigrams (now they make sense, thanks). I gather Clan Wars is an different kind of beast (extremely competitive, ya?), but I've never done that, so IDK. Looks sharp too me, though.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

IMG-20200612-023351.jpg

Love how the Peaky Blinder looks over the hips, especially.  I pretty much bought the War Machine just for the running boards (Line of Defense) but the coins didn't hurt.  Got to try out Echo with Nidhoggs, and Oppressor, like I always wanted.  

• Upvote 1

Impulsive:

C645D324D3EA93DFAFD85202403085B26B00D9A6

On Exhibition.

I couldn't find the thread on mix/matching wheel CKs, but I just got these:

852B10E4C6C4C5757C30E7810BF4812629E44550

And I'm really liking how they go together.  (That's the "Tomahawk" CK for the APC wheels, from Doomsday Cars, matched with the "Digger" CK for Bigfoot, from Return of the Founders)

Technically, it's a slightly Tilted Incinerator, on a slope, to show off the wheels.

• Thanks 1

All right, well

74770619C0271E0A025A6E070DB740B1A01574A6

I done gone and did it.  The 3 different firing angles aren't a disadvantage.  Going back, and forth, you're either firing the Mandrake point blank, the Incinerator, or aiming the Mandrake by Radar, across the map.  The reason for Mandrake and Incinerator is I can aim it by Radar, across the map, because I have the Energy for Doppler (And Collosus)

Basically, you have to re-aim each shot anyway, and it shows you the Trajectories while you aim.  However, I've pretty much got all Ranges covered, and with Sweep (Oh yeah.  Jade)  The accuracy on the move isn't that bad.  Considering it's "Close enough" with horse shoes, hand grenades, incendiary catapults, and artillery barrages.  I have to keep my Blight up, and that means Keep Moving.  I basically only stop to aim a Point Blank shot, or cover a lane, because the map got locked down.  

Those hills, on Bridge though?  You think they're safe, but they're really not.  "Green Hell," on Exhibition.  You'll have to take off some Armor to add Ammo Boxes.  I'm still working out how much I'll probably need...

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this