Sign in to follow this  
VisceraCleaner

Balance overhaul [Censored] please?

Ok, this is season 2.

In this game, there are so many broken parameters, stats of parts and of course balance sucks.
Maybe it will be hard to twaek them without turning them OP or trash. But at least there are some so obvious things.

MXPtyTR.png

nwK19J5.png

WTF? Only 90 ps difference but look at difference between performances of both!

It would make sense if Maxwell were still rare part.
Yes, after you guys moved Maxwell to special rarity from rare, there was no parameter change for the Maxwell. You changed only label. Rare → Special!
That's why difference between special radar and epic radar is that big.

So actually, you nerfed Maxwell. Now its PS is much higher and it costs much more.
In fact, i believed there would be fix soon, but it seems you forgot your work or don't care balance at all.

So is it that hard to fix parameter of Maxwell as a special part? I don't get it.
It is just changing number properly and you guys can't get any clue for this simple job.

Raven's path introduced only 4 new parts. Only 4! So new contents update is not sufficient and even balance of them seems not good.
@Ka1deron @Woodyrojo Can you please at least fix the balance? At least start it from the easy task.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

There is zero reason to use special modules and any cab that isn't epic. Then of all the usable modules, half of them aren't useful because their perk isn't good enough to stack. Nobody will use the new power unit. Nobody uses Golden Eagles or Oppressors because of the stupid perk stacking this game has. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, AFluffyBadger said:

There is zero reason to use special modules and any cab that isn't epic. Then of all the usable modules, half of them aren't useful because their perk isn't good enough to stack. Nobody will use the new power unit. Nobody uses Golden Eagles or Oppressors because of the stupid perk stacking this game has. 

Yes. Hover is the the hottest topic but the others are hot as much as hover. This is disgusting.
How can't developers notice any problem? Why?

Why does it take so long? Why don't they fix things obviously and totally broken?

Knock Knock! Is there any balance team?

Edited by VisceraCleaner

No they are too busy pumping out lazy packs and half baked events while simultaneously removing the biannual Knight Riders which is the only source of new f2p content. I tried playing 9k this morning, full of sidehovers, shotgun wedges, drone cheetahs. Played 12k, its nothing but wedges, small dogs, spaced armor hovers, and more shotguns. This game is unplayable right now. It would be dead if it weren't for the Founders Event. Aside from maybe CW, the game is totally unplayable trash. This game is like watching that close long time friend you have slowly descend into being a junkie. Its another robocraft.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well some parts certainly didn't deserve the bump to special rarity (engines, maxwell) while some parts could have been bumped up to special rarity (Wasp). Ravens are a small two week event, now that we are hopefully gonna be getting more substantial season pass content, it's not that bad. When the knights were the only event, two new weapons really sucked, but it may not be as bad now, if they come with another season.

54 minutes ago, AFluffyBadger said:

Nobody uses Golden Eagles or Oppressors because of the stupid perk stacking this game has.

I use Oppressor all the time and I love it, just wish the perk also affected modules so it could charge my chameleon too :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Special tier items, especially Cabins need Perks.  Look at the ones that are useful, and the ones that aren't.  See the difference?  The ones with perks actually get played.  The ones without are worthless.

How do you balance a special module with an epic module the epic module SHOULD be just straight up better there's no avoiding it

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bobbill12345 said:

How do you balance a special module with an epic module the epic module SHOULD be just straight up better there's no avoiding it

PS, mass, size?

OT: IMO the worst offenders rn are engines. Cheetah, Colossus and to a lesser extent Hot Red are grossly underpriced in PS for what they do, and the rare ones are pure garbage compared to them. Dun Horse and Razorback literally do less than half what a Hot Red does for -11 PS and +1 energy. Razorback even manages to be bigger and heavier.

I'd have nothing against something like

-Hardcore's bonus to speed and power increased from 9%/10% to 10%/12%
-Dun Horse's bonus to speed and power increased from 14%/15% to 15%/20%
-Razorback's bonus to speed and power increased from 4%/30% to 6%/40%

Also, radiators. The common and rare ones are so bad it's literally impossible to play shotguns without a Seal, and miniguns without two. The common one really needs to give you 40% or something, and the rare radiators and coolers 60% :'^)

Edited by Clebardman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There are no rare engines (They're "Special" now) but other than that, I agree.  I'd just take the energy cost away from Dunhorse, and Razorback, since they don't have Perks.  Also, maybe come up with some other perk besides Reload rate?  There's only one that affects Performance, and that's for the glitchy Movement Parts.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

There are no rare engines (They're "Special" now) but other than that, I agree.  I'd just take the energy cost away from Dunhorse, and Razorback, since they don't have Perks.  Also, maybe come up with some other perk besides Reload rate?  There's only one that affects Performance, and that's for the glitchy Movement Parts.

If it was my game I'd cut all those reloading perks in half, more or less, and get rid of a lot to have more mobility perks. Also, nitro modules. And no hovers. But hey, it's not my game *shrugs*. Guess I'll have to keep chasing X-wings with armored cars wich have WW1 era power/mass ratios.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

-Hardcore's bonus to speed and power increased from 9%/10% to 10%/12%
-Dun Horse's bonus to speed and power increased from 14%/15% to 15%/20%
-Razorback's bonus to speed and power increased from 4%/30% to 6%/40%

Bonus should be much bigger or they should get perk.

In fact, they need both, more bonus and perk.

27 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

The common one really needs to give you 40% or something, and the rare radiators and coolers 60% :'^)

Common can't be upgraded so 50% would be better.

Upgrade bonus should be reduced to lower than 20%. And efficiency difference among each rarity should be reduced.

I wish there were speical cooling modules.

Edited by VisceraCleaner

5 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

If it was my game I'd cut all those reloading perks in half, more or less, and get rid of a lot to have more mobility perks. Also, nitro modules. And no hovers. But hey, it's not my game *shrugs*. Guess I'll have to keep chasing X-wings with armored cars wich have WW1 era power/mass ratios.

We have more than enough types of movement Parts now that Engines can affect Movement.  Or maybe one for Heavy Cabins.  That sort of thing.  There's absolutely no reason, whatsoever that Half of the engines (All but 1 of the Epics) all have Reload perks.  1 Reload Engine (The best) would be enough.

Edited by psiberzerker

17 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

We have more than enough types of movement Parts now that Engines can affect Movement.  Or maybe one for Heavy Cabins.  That sort of thing.  There's absolutely no reason, whatsoever that Half of the engines (All but 1 of the Epics) all have Reload perks.  1 Reload Engine (The best) would be enough.

Don't forget a perk for cooling/overheating :p

25 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Bonus should be much bigger or they should get perk.

In fact, they need both, more bonus and perk.

Well, don't tell anyone, but the other part of my plan was to nerf the perks of Colossus, Cheetah and Hot Red to 15%/15%/8% (((^:

• Like 1

• All engines that cost energy should have a perk. Razorback 10% to reload speed or something. They are largely useless this way.
  • Oppressor and Eagle need buffs, they are underused. Give oppressor max reload of 40% at 90kmh and eagle 5kmh additional to tracks and augers.
  • Tormenter should be 1 energy or buffed accordingly.
  • Chameleon Mk2 is overused as hell. Its the main enabling factor of things like lances and dogs and gets slapped onto everything else too. Mk2 should be 2 energy cost. The builds that need it still get huge value from it and stop everybody using the same module.

Id like to see radar detector gameplay change too. Id like a radar counter that isnt chameleon, like a passiv radar jammer.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Well, don't tell anyone, but the other part of my plan was to nerf the perks of Colossus, Cheetah and Hot Red to 15%/15%/8% (((^:

whats the point

People will barely feel a 5% reload reduction and droners will still reload after driving in a circle for 2 seconds

Edited by Bobbill12345
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Krakc said:
  • All engines that cost energy should have a perk. Razorback 10% to reload speed or something. They are largely useless this way.
  • Oppressor and Eagle need buffs, they are underused. Give oppressor max reload of 40% at 90kmh and eagle 5kmh additional to tracks and augers.
  • Tormenter should be 1 energy or buffed accordingly.
  • Chameleon Mk2 is overused as hell. Its the main enabling factor of things like lances and dogs and gets slapped onto everything else too. Mk2 should be 2 energy cost. The builds that need it still get huge value from it and stop everybody using the same module.

Id like to see radar detector gameplay change too. Id like a radar counter that isnt chameleon, like a passiv radar jammer.

not more reloading, please :'c.

Also, if you make Chameleon 2 cost 2 energy, everybody switches to cham 1. it'd need a good cooldown or duration buff to be worth 1 more energy than Cham 1

• Thanks 1

Just now, Clebardman said:

Also, if you make Chameleon 2 cost 2 energy, everybody switches to cham 1. it'd need a good cooldown or duration buff to be worth 1 more energy than Cham 1

#BringBack25secondCloak?

2 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

#BringBack25secondCloak?

If it was just me I'd put both at 2 energy, but cut their cooldown by 25%. People who really need it have it more often for a price, and the others have to reconsider wether it's worth wasting 2 points to take sneaky pot shots. Cheetah becomes less obnoxious with it too.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Don't forget a perk for cooling/overheating :p

At least that would be something different?  I'd say Cooling.  We already have Favorite for Overheating (And Omnibox for Both.)  

The value you get from it now is already worth 2 energy i think. The duration is enough to cross most maps and get a free kill on some unsuspecting guy every 20 seconds.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

At least that would be something different?  I'd say Cooling.  We already have Favorite for Overheating (And Omnibox for Both.)  

In fact something even better would be a boost to your cooling modules, so that Shiver finally sees some use.

31 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

In fact something even better would be a boost to your cooling modules, so that Shiver finally sees some use.

I got some use out of Shiver with Aurora.  (Until Trigger came out, and I didn't need any modules, at all)  I found it nice if my Laser cooled down faster than what i heated up with it.  I think it's the "Perk' more than anything there, and the fact that the Cooling doesn't stack progressively.  (Like Seal does.)  It's also okay with Whirlwinds, but then Storms don't need it, so again.  Pretty useless there now, too.  (Whirlies are better than Storms, but 3 Whirlies aren't better than 4 Storms.  Even with a Radiator, or Cooler.)

Edited by psiberzerker

26 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

the fact that the Cooling doesn't stack progressively.  (Like Seal does.)  

Wait, coolers don’t stack? Or do you mean something more specific?

1 hour ago, poony4u2 said:

Wait, coolers don’t stack? Or do you mean something more specific?

They don't stack progressively.  Like Seals, instead of 50+50=100, it's more like 50+50=75.

Sign in to follow this