Bobbill12345

Humpback, quantum, and werewolf are useless

Recommended Posts

For literally every possible weapon and build there is always some better cabin you could use 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can think of some uses, but yeah.  They're all basically gimmick builds.  That includes Quantum wedges, and sideways hovers that use the cabin as an APC roof panel.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks powercreep. There was a time when the Quantum was the best cabin in the game. It was never nerfed. The Humpback used to be the best heavy cab, it even got buffed since it was nerfed to 11 energy. The Spider Cab was the best 12 energy cabin after it was introduced since it created 12 energy heavy builds. The only thing to do is buff all the older cabs because they are so horribly outnumbered by powercreep cabs.. 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Humpback is useful if you get the right fusion. Even then, it’s ok at best. But yeah, I don’t see why you would use werewolf or quantum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AFluffyBadger said:

Thanks powercreep. There was a time when the Quantum was the best cabin in the game. It was never nerfed. The Humpback used to be the best heavy cab, it even got buffed since it was nerfed to 11 energy. The Spider Cab was the best 12 energy cabin after it was introduced since it created 12 energy heavy builds. The only thing to do is buff all the older cabs because they are so horribly outnumbered by powercreep cabs.. 

Gotta roll in cash from the packs am I right

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quantum is the no1 cabin choice for Helios builds. Decent option for the Plasma Cannons too.

 

Humpie leaves a lot to be desired but it still allows you to create some of the biggest builds in the wasteland for such a cheap price.

 

Werewolf is admittedly just bad.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Claysdad said:

Isnt Quantum the cabin of choice for quasars and pulsars?

That is a budget choice. But usually echo is the way to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They all look nice, but lack welding points and 2 of em are way too big in size.

Then again, each would be nice, if every cab in the game lost a lot of their welding spots, leaving just ones on roof,on grille, on back of cab,and on under of cab.  Forcing cabs to be mostly visible,preventing a bit ,the making all builds so tanky.

Oh and remove all perks from all games cabs,if anything...or offer buyer a choise to have the perk or one extra energy, so that you cant ever change it afterwards in any way except by buying a new cab.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Werewolf was the first purple cabin I got, but eventually sold it to use ones with more useful perks.

Recently crafted another one because I missed it.
 

I like it because it’s narrow and has lots of weld points, it’s fast, I like the look of it, and the perk is funny when you actually pull it off. 
I use it for fast builds that don’t benefit from any of the harpy bonuses. 
 

Working towards a quantum, because I sold my photon and want something to boost my energy weapons. Photon was cool with triggers, and worked well with the old blockchain perk, but is way too wide for my building style, and I prefer more speed. 
 

Had a humpback for a while, got bored and went with a bastion for a while, but have no heavy cabins at the moment. Humpback was good with goblin tanks, and the shape is easier to build around than a Bastion. A bit boring, but works fine in PVP.

Are the devs still talking about changing how much energy some cabins have?

Edited by poony4u2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than all the Quantum builds I see, and Humpbacks I...  Eventually dig down deep enough to actually see the cabin.  (It's been one of the more popular choices for "Reaper Sandwitch" or "Brick" builds for quite a while.)

The only use I've ever found for Werewolf in PvP  is a Lancer, or some variation on that build strategy:  Bulldog, Lancelot, Suicide (Bulldog Perks) Suicide again.

It's basically +1 Ammo for the suicide rush "One and Done" PvP Farming.  Kill one, try to kill another, until you're out of ammo, then try to kill one more with your SD...

Werewolf gives you a rinse repeat.  Outside of that, it's basically useless, but when i had one, I also used it in the Test Area to Test my builds' blast resistance/spaced armor.  Put it in your Leviathan slot, even if you just drop it on a frame, then delete the frame so it's a bare cabin sitting on the ground.  Shoot it, drive up to (Or over) the Drone, and wait...

This gives you fairly consistent data, for spacing your armor.  Ironically, it was really most useful for Lance-proofing a Hover.  (Back when Hovers were higher, and pure Lancers were closer to the Meta than the hybrid Dogs we have today.)  

 

Edited by psiberzerker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Other than all the Quantum builds I see, and Humpbacks I...  Eventually dig down deep enough to actually see the cabin.  (It's been one of the more popular choices for "Reaper Sandwitch" or "Brick" builds for quite a while.)

The only use I've ever found for Werewolf in PvP  is a Lancer, or some variation on that build strategy:  Bulldog, Lancelot, Suicide (Bulldog Perks) Suicide again.

It's basically +1 Ammo for the suicide rush "One and Done" PvP Farming.  Kill one, try to kill another, until you're out of ammo, then try to kill one more with your SD...

Werewolf gives you a rinse repeat.  Outside of that, it's basically useless, but when i had one, I also used it in the Test Area to Test my builds' blast resistance/spaced armor.  Put it in your Leviathan slot, even if you just drop it on a frame, then delete the frame so it's a bare cabin sitting on the ground.  Shoot it, drive up to (Or over) the Drone, and wait...

This gives you fairly consistent data, for spacing your armor.  Ironically, it was really most useful for Lance-proofing a Hover.  (Back when Hovers were higher, and pure Lancers were closer to the Meta than the hybrid Dogs we have today.)  

 

I’ve been using a werewolf with lots of things, but mostly triple 4 energy weapon builds:

summators, adapters, storms, Junkbows, triggers, ect. 
 

of those, the triggers are the only ones that would really benefit from a different cabin, and they’re still strong enough to use without a photon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

For literally every possible weapon and build there is always some better cabin you could use 

Only the werewolf is useless. The quantum has stats comparable to most pack medium cabins for a much better price and the humpback has the highest mass limit in-game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Triggers are the only ones that would really benefit from a different cabin, and they’re still strong enough to use without a Photon. 

Right, but if you can have that damage, why wouldn't you?  I know, it's about Performance, and Photon isn't a high performance cabin.  (Believe me, I know)  However, the extra damage is worth it, with Triggers, mostly because of the 4 Energy.

You can have 3 of them without an Apollo, and 4 of them with it.  What really makes Triggers worth the downsides (The Range) is that they don't need anything else, besides moar Triggers.  

What Photon brings to the table is ENOUGH of everything else, once you min-max for Heating/Damage.  With a Hot Red, it can get up to 90, which is fast enough.  It has the Tonnage, and Mass limit for ENOUGH Durability, Enough Wheels/Hovers, basically Enough of everything, to keep the Triggers within their range envelope.  (This is pretty broad, because it's everything from their Max range to the max range of a Bilght with Dracos, or Tacklers.  That's basically where they Rule.)

We're basically talking about Minmaxing here, and Perks.  Quantum, Humpback, and Werewolf don't really have great Perks for minmaxing, but 2:3 of them have pretty good Stats for them.  If you're picking a cabin for stats, instead of perks, Steppe Spider>Humpback, even without Legs under it.  You can't make up that lack of energy, and that 15 Energy makes the difference between using the Best Radar/Detector, the Best Engine (For minmax) or settling for Keen/Radio, and a Hot Red.

None of them are Optimal.  Optimal<...>Useful.  These lie somewhere in between.

Edited by psiberzerker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Right, but if you can have that damage, why wouldn't you?  I know, it's about Performance, and Photon isn't a high performance cabin.  (Believe me, I know)  However, the extra damage is worth it, with Triggers, mostly because of the 4 Energy.

You can have 3 of them without an Apollo, and 4 of them with it.  What really makes triggers worth the downsides (The Range) is that they don't need anything else, besides moar triggers.  

What Photon brings to the table is ENOUGH of everything else, once you min-max for Heating/Damage.  With a Hot Red, it can get up to 90, which is fast enough.  It has the Tonnage, and Mass limit for ENOUGh Durability, Enough Wheels/Hovers, basically Enough of everything, to keep the triggers within their range envelope.  (This is pretty broad, because it's everything from their Max range to the max range of a Bilght with Dracos, or Tacklers.  That's basically where they Rule.)

We're basically talking about Minmaxing here, and Perks.  Quantum, Humpback, and Werewolf don't really have great Perks for minmaxing, but 2:3 of them have pretty good Stats for them.  If you're picking a cabin for stats, instead of perks, Steppe Spider>Humpback, even without Legs under it.  You can't make up that lack of energy, and that 15 Energy makes the difference between using the Best radar, the best Engine (For minmax) or settling for Keen/Radio, and a Hot Red.

None of them are Optimal.  Optimal<...>Useful.  These lie somewhere in between.

Like I said, of the guns I listed, the triggers are the only ones that would benefit from a different cabin. I enjoyed the photon and it is a great choice if you’re using triggers, but I wanted the coin to buy other things.

I do intend to get a quantum for my energy weapons though. 

The point is, for most of the applications I use a werewolf for, there aren’t any other cabins that would be a significant advantage (I know some would argue torero, but I can’t afford it and I don’t like the look).

None of these cabins are ideal for the min/max crowd, but they are far from useless, and all work reasonably well with certain weapons and play styles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

None of these cabins are ideal for the min/max crowd, but they are far from useless, and all work reasonably well with certain weapons and play styles.

Pretty much everyone Minmaxes, or tries to.  The difference is what we're willing to sacrifice for what we value more, and some parameters (Like "Fun") aren't quantifiable, let alone considered by some (like Stop Having Fun Guys)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Quantum is the no1 cabin choice for Helios builds

It is getting replaced by omnibox for hover.

Edited by untinman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, untinman said:

It is getting replaced by omnibox for hover.

To be fair most hover builds are best on omnibox no matter the weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tenshiijin said:

Assemblers are best with quantum. 

That’s what I’m hoping. Finding them a bit underwhelming so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

To be fair most hover builds are best on omnibox no matter the weapons.

Omnibox is the opposite of the 3 picked by the OP.  The name says it all.  Reload weapons?  Omnibox.  Cooled weapons?  Omnibox.  Want more powah?  

The 3 chosen by the OP basically don't have any useable perks.  They all went to Omnibox.  Yeah, Hovers get more out of that than any other movement part, but that's not exactly unique.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it sounds like most of you try to use humpback incorrectly. Using it with a contact, going into match with it being unable to move and blow off a good portion of armor (to the point its where you wanted it normally) is the correct way to activate its perk. 

Literally load it with all the extra armor you can to use all 80 parts(even if undriveable, blow the Rift 2M) and then you have a decent use case for activating the perk and getting decent dmg.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.